pad friendly characters?

AntonioAntonio You are defeatedJoined: Posts: 134
what are some pad friendly characters that important combos dont need to be plinked and their bnbs arent DP motion heavy..?

Comments

• NumbThumbsNumbThumbs B. Joined: Posts: 22
    If you're sticking with a pad for the long term, master Guile.

Not only are his special moves easy to do, you'll also realize the importance of 'regular' moves.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭✭
  • density.density. DIVEKICK HERO Joined: Posts: 743
    Just about anyone without an important 1f link. You could get away with just learning the timing on a couple 2 framers
    If I missed them with it then it was just a gimmick. If I hit them with it then it was all mindgames. At least, that's what I tell everyone I play against.

This is called a "boast/excuse option select" and it's without a doubt the most useful technique that anyone has ever taught me." -Deadfrog
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic キコケン Joined: Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭
    Any character can be done on pad. Buuuuuuut, it seems that a lot of top Zangeif players use pad, and perhaps thats the best way to play him.
    Xbox live, GFWL and GGPO:Necrotrophic
    Chun Li (SF4, ST, 3s), Akuma (SF4), Ryu (SF4,ST, 3s), Cammy (SF4, ST)
    youtube.com/necrotrophic
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Charge characters are harder to use with Pad. But it really depends on how lenient the Charge system is in each game.

I'm going to assume you're playing SF4. And if so I'd recommend Gief (360's are obscenely easy to pull off in SF4), Gouken, Cammy, Makoto, and the Shoto's. But unless you're brand new to fighters don't just play the Shoto's. Play the field, experiment. Don't be another flowchart Shoto player.
    STOMP!
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 566
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    As a charge player... I will say charge characters are fucking hard on pad...
    that said... My T.Hawk is better on pad than stick... CHURN THAT ANALOG STICK!
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • DarksydefluffyDarksydefluffy Joined: Posts: 49
  • LunaSlaveLunaSlave insert title here Joined: Posts: 148
    I suggest giving Rose a try. she seems pretty pad-friendly to me, and I hate playing on pad.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭
    From who I've played?

Very friendly: Rose, Ryu, Gouken
    Friendly: Akuma, E. Ryu
    Not Friendly: Guile, Dee-Jay, M. Bison

Charge characters are a pain on the pad. Its easy to play a basic Guile on pad, sure, but watch what happens when you need to pull off Flash Kick x FADC x U2, for example. On a 360 pad its hell. I've had issues doing Dee-Jay's EX MGU xx dash xx U2 as well even though I was certain I was doing the proper motion. Bison is also easy for the most part but some of his setups become more difficult. I also sometimes release charge by accident when my reflexes trick me (ex. if my character switches sides).

Akuma is in the middle for me. Most of his combos and setups are easy, but a few things I found to be hard on pad:

cr. mp xx st. fp xx whatever
    st. fp xx U2

I also use HCF+P to throw fireballs in order to avoid having an SRK come out when I walk back and forward before throwing a fireball. There are some habits you need to create on a pad because its hard to go neutral some times. *shrug*

Try Rose and Gouken first.
    SFxT: Akuma x Yoshimitsu/Lars/Jin - Rolento x Law || USF4: Gouken/Rolento || ST/HDR: Cammy/Dee-Jay || IGAU: Deathstroke
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Never did no harm Joined: Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only agree with DeeJay on pad being a bitch. I learn a little bit of every character and when ever I try that EX upper into his Ultra 2 I can't even fathom how the hell I would go about doing it. I don't have a problem with any other character on pad. I also can't do that run loop with Fuerte.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Never did no harm Joined: Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only agree with DeeJay on pad being a bitch. I learn a little bit of every character and when ever I try that EX upper into his Ultra 2 I can't even fathom how the hell I would go about doing it. I don't have a problem with any other character on pad. I also can't do that run loop with Fuerte.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 196
    Fei Long seemed to be rather easy to use. Rekka combos were not too difficult.

And this might seem a bit crazy but one can play Viper pretty well with a pad. At least for me instant burn kicks, fierce feints and so on were not too difficult.

Charge characters are definitely a pain and p-linking is nearly impossible so I wouldn't recommend Rose. But maybe some people can learn to p-link with a pad, much respect in that case!

I would recommend :

Fei Long, Viper, Gouken