STR Interview with Riz0ne

KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴJoined: Posts: 891
http://www.strevival.com/interviews/riz0ne/

Riz0ne, who is best known in ST circles for qualifying for SBO in 2011 and for placing top 8 at TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS last year, took the time to answer some questions in this informative interview. He talks about ToL, his experience with ST in Japan and more. Here's an except from the interview:

"I have this philosophy that players use characters who best resemble them. NH2 uses Blanka because his history is as mysterious as Jimmy's. Damdai is a programmer, so his method of style is very zeroes-and-ones (you fireball, I jump. you jump, I shoryuken. I safe jump and install OS). So I use Dictator because (besides being a crime boss) nothing he does is safe and everything is improvisation. For example, often times the trajectory of the devil's reverse is unpredictable. Once initiated you have to commit to what you'll do in a very short period of time. Empty devil's reverse into super, empty DR -> C. MK xx Scissors, DR -> retreat because of Jump in or FIreball, etc. Maybe that's what my life is like--spontaneous commitment by means of making very quick decisions."

Click here to read the interview in it's entirety.
Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter

Comments

• UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    always love your interviews =)
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • bookahbookah Joined: Posts: 29
    Riz0ne, I enjoyed the "Afro's Reckoning" video you made.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    RIZ MUTHA FUCKIN JUAN !
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    great read! :china:
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    install OS
    So punny
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,719
    Awesome interview as usual Kuroppi. Thanks for doing these. Looking forward to the next one, as always.
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    Nice....
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    This has to be my favorite STR interview so far.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/