Windsor Thread 2013

13»

Comments

• SnakeDoc519SnakeDoc519 Joined: Posts: 93
    Yo Cloud, I finally have time off next week. Mon and Tues. Im thinkin Monday if your down. Is that good for you? I also have a confession to make. I started to play ssf4 fml. lol Ive tried out everyone and ive narrowed it down to a few. Yun, Cammy, Sakura, Ryu/Evilryu, rose, viper and akuma. Now just need to experiment and find out which i like best. any advice?
  • xXUltimacloudXxxXUltimacloudXx Joined: Posts: 368
    ya mon could be good ill let u know but #1 stick to top tier for now or E-ryu he seems to be getting alot of attention lately thanks to sako. but considering how good u are with viper in marvel tho the character could be totally different i dunno. Id say use viper or akuma. Cammy is too setup oriented and way too much u need to know before u can really use a char like her.
    ''People in Windsor are the most retardest bunch of assholes I've ever seen'' - Uber_Johnson
    word, im down for another long session bro, Fuckin work lol. Mon or Tues doesn't matter really, if you can't come monday, tues is fine i just prefer monday. and ya ive actually narrowed it down to ERyu, sakura, and yun. ( i don't know why i like Yun as much as i do though) but ill check out viper and akuma in more detail if you say i should. Oh and i bought Injustice today, so we'll have that to mess around with too. I wish we didn't have to wait until Monday to get some game time in lol. Man we gotta get you an xbox so we can play during the week when we can't get a live session in. Anyway let me know when is good for you.
  • DiclawsusDiclawsus Joined: Posts: 352
    Hello friend!
    For all your sf needs I recommend the facebook group and/or skype. Both are at least 10 times as active as here. Hell I wish u all used facebook group because we are in the process of trying to organize weekly meets. Furthermore, i mean no disrespect to ray of pimpshine but i am probably better suited on matters of sf4. My last place of residence I taught a LOOOOOOT do them peeps. I can even watch how u play to make my determination as to who you should use. Do not make the mistake of listening to ray say "u use this in marvel so u should mabe use this char". It is like saying u box southpaw so u should play goalie when u play hockey...the two games are that different. Also ray is under the impression that cammy takes a ton of setup knowledge...both viper and akuma require triple the setup knowledge. of all the top tiers cammy is the easiest by far.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/186670348036989/
    send a req to join and somebody will accept
    thanks diclawsus, i appreciate the help man. I sent in a request. I actually just started playing ssf4. I bought it months ago but was too caught up with marvel. Ive have xtekken too, so i kinda gotta feel for how ss4 works. Not saying that its the same game, but uses some of the same fundamentals and timing so the transition into ssf won't be as difficult. And listen, if you ever wanna come to one of the session ray and I have, let me know. Im sure we can work something out. Do you just play ss4? and ray let me know whats good for you for next week.
    yea now adays diclawsus is the one u want to speak to about sf4 im the one u wanna speak to about marvel i dropped 4 really since marvel came out because ya know fighting on the moon isnt exactly my thing. And no im not really trying to be rude its just how sf4 is i like the fluidity of marvel and the fact you can move around normally. I am waiting for SPACE SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE 2013 when all characters will be able to jump into outer space because of the no gravity in their world. but ya joe has defintely gotten better than me in sf4 soo maybe hes right about the cammy thing i figured watching some vids on her and i was trying to learn her i seen her setups are VERY strict so.
    ''People in Windsor are the most retardest bunch of assholes I've ever seen'' - Uber_Johnson
    lol i definitely feel you on the slow thing. but yo is monday good for you?
    ya tommorow is good to go ill give ya a call around 2-3 pm
    discussion about waterloo trip on faceboo1!
    next week ray? Monday?
    prolly ill message ya sunday and let ya know if monday is cool.
    Yo ray sorry brother, I gotta fuckin work now tomorrow, my boss told me yesterday, fuck. I'll have to see what's up during the week,
    Alright ray, I got tues we'd thurs off next week, pick a day and its on, oh and remember I was telling you about the doom infinite with no flight, I figured it out
    Ray?
    yo snake wed sounds good.
    Cool call me around 2
    K a little change of plans I got a doctors appt tomorrow at 2, it's just off walker, so ill tell you what, make sure your ready around that time, then when my appointment gets done ill just come pick you up then. Not point in coming back home and Then Going back out. Cool?
    call my house before u head over after ur appointment to let me know you are on ur way.
    yo ray you down for something this next week?
    I got the next 10 days off, If your down I'd like to get at least a couple sessions in in that time. Let me know what days are good for you
    Ray where are you bro lol. Let me know what's up.
    sorry bro been mad busy perhaps sunday or this tuesday will be good ill let u know and give u a ring later on saturday
    To ray call me tomorrow at around 12:30 1:00
    man i can't believe its been like a month since we've played. ive been working 6 days of midnights a week. Sorry i haven;t posted or anything ive been hella busy but i guess i still coulda posted. Anyway Rma should be back now, Im tryin to see when he is free and set something up. Let me know whats good with you for the next couple weeks so we can figure something out. Oh p.s i figured out the Flames of the Faltine loop lol. Let me know brother.
    any day next week sounds good except for sept 7th or the 11th so let me know also ya see if rma is available.
    Alright word, things should be back to normal now. July and August are always tough on me cause everyone at my work takes their fuckin vacations in the summer so I been working a bunch of extra shifts, but like I said things should go back to normal now, I should have mon tues wed off again from now on, I'm pumped to get going again bro
    yo imma give u a call tommorow to see if ur down to play.
    Hey cloud I don't know if you will see this but listen I know I haven't been around much this past month or so, things have been shit, and I've been working way too much. But things look like they're gonna be back to normal so we should be able to get back to the way things were. I'll message you sometime in the next week or so and we'll get something set up. I'll try and get Rma in too, but I guess the only days he can come are Fridays and weekends so ill have to figure something out. Anyway I'll talk to you soon bro.
    aight no problemo got ya just hit me up or leave a message here when it would actually be better to call from now on as it took me 3 days to get this message lmao or hit me up on League of Legends even if u dont play just sign on im almost always on it soo that would be easiest way to contact me
    i got you, ill hit you up sometime in the next day or so
    im sorry ray, i know i was supposed to hit you up but i haven't had internet in like 2 weeks. GUy came yesterday morning. Im gonna jump on LOL tonight and see if your there. Anyway if you read this, im thinkin of getting something together next week. I don't know how solid this plan cause shit is still all messed up. but i wanna play and i don't work mon, tues, so itd be nice to get a session in, we'll just have to see how things are then.
    yo snake wats up been a while since i heard from ya get your xbox1 with killer instinct yet ? anyhow we should get together soon and play some mvc3 and some ki if u have it hit me up on league of legends !
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 942
    yo whats up guys, i am coming to Windsor February 1st/2nd and will have a lot of spare time both of those days. Tried looking for SF4 meetups in Detroit (figured there would be a huge scene there) didnt find fuck all... lol found yuo guys, would rather stay on my home soil anyway. i am from waterloo, not sure if you guys have heard of Bison's Auto Shop but that is where I train at. would be awesome to get some offline games against some new players.
    STEAM: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: OG_Rawbertson)
    PSN: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: Rawbertson)
    Honda / Birdie
    yo whats up guys, i am coming to Windsor February 1st/2nd and will have a lot of spare time both of those days. Tried looking for SF4 meetups in Detroit (figured there would be a huge scene there) didnt find fuck all... lol found yuo guys, would rather stay on my home soil anyway. i am from waterloo, not sure if you guys have heard of Bison's Auto Shop but that is where I train at. would be awesome to get some offline games against some new players.

well if you have a place to play or a way to play at your hotel or where u plan on staying i would be interested in playing theres also 1 other player who im sure would be interested in playing and were def the best 2 windsor has to offer when it comes to FGC players anymore. so message back when u get this and let me know whats up
    Bit dead here.....
    If a wandering stranger happens to pass by looking for locals to play some sf4, im active and there are two more fairly active individuals! Marvel has about as many if im not mistaken.
    I dont know if you'll read this but anyway. Well Ray, its been like 4 months since we've talked. Ive had alot of shit going on in that time, and honestly ive barely played Marvel in that period, or anything else for that matter. I havent got Killer Instinct yet, woulda been a waste of money cause i havent played FG's lately and when i do get time its usually Dota. Lately though ive been playing a little more and a little more and maybe soon enough we can get back to the way things were. I don't know what youve been up to or how you feel about FG's now, but i thought id drop you a line and see what you're saying. So if you read this hit me up and let me know where your heads at. Later bro.
    Bump!

Still on the lookout for more hidden people in windsor!
  • RMaRMa Joined: Posts: 108
    down for more casualssssssss
  • ElliePhilElliePhil ye boi Joined: Posts: 130
    Hey everyone.

I'm moving to Windsor in September for university and thought I would try to see if there was anyone in the area who does casuals and stuff. I play Street Fighter, Marvel and I'm starting to get into KoF.
    yes we do we have a windsor fgc thread on facebook we mainly use to chat nowadays https://www.facebook.com/groups/186670348036989/ for street fighter we all play it marvel vs capcom 3 your mainly looking at the main player in that game i have no idea who if any of us play KOF but considering ultra is coming out id expect us to be very active with that game. Anyhow sign up for the windsor thread and hit us all up there. see ya on the thread soon.
    btw if u play on psn let me know and ill add you and play you online.
  • ElliePhilElliePhil ye boi Joined: Posts: 130
    btw if u play on psn let me know and ill add you and play you online.

Ah sorry man. Only on PC. :(
    In case a random stumbles across this thread, I host gatherings at my place often. Facebook group is where we do all of our communication: https://www.facebook.com/groups/186670348036989/

I'm having people over this friday
    december 13th weekend i am gonna be in town again, i think thats the same weekend as capcom cup if im not mistaken, lets get some games in!
    Honda / Birdie
    mike we have a tournament that weekend at st clair college. come! see if by some miracle u can get others to come too?
    What time r ppl getting there tomorrow? Address?
    Honda / Birdie
  • vtrickzvvtrickzv Joined: Posts: 10
    Anyone here play in Chatham? I play all the time online but I know nobody else that plays this game locally. I have tried getting some of my friends into it but they aren't that competitive and are quick to give up. Would really like to meet up and have some games with someone/a group of people.
    windsor only and this thread is not really used. once upon a time there was a guy in chatham that used to commute to windsor for school. he now resides in london
    update to any people passing through looking for competition in the windsor area
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1411399302511286/
13»