Ok, I asked half of this question in a character specific forum, but I wanted to ask you guys too. So basically, I wanted to know if I've covered all the options for applying wake-up pressure and defending against it. I'm hoping it will give me a firm grasp of why some characters have a great wake-up game (Bison) versus those who have a crap one (Cody).
With reference to that last point I made, I think Cody's options are lacking because he has: a slow back dash; his fastest special is 7 frames (not great) and it requires one bar of EX; every other special move is just too damn slow.
As for Bison... well looking at the frame data, his moves are slow too but... I'm guessing invincibility and maybe being airborne from the first frame go some way to offsetting that?
1) Try to set up an ambiguous cross-up - I'm not doing it very well as more often than not, the opponent blocks the correct way. How are you supposed to do it again? I thought it was a small step back and maybe throw in a st.LP to distract/throw them off.
2) Bait out a reversal with a FA or safe jump
3) Do a meaty attack - can't say I've seen many/any meaties in matches to be honest, are they a bit too tricky/risky to do? Or maybe I'm just blind and don't know what I'm looking for.
4) Neutral jump HK/attack to bait the throw tech
2. (Focus) Backdash (or even forward)
3. Tech throw/throw
4. Reversal special move (the less start-up frames, the better)
5. Ultra (lol)
So, is there anything I've missed?
(Talking about Daigo) "i dont see how someone who is good at SF gets to be a celebrity because i bet theres plenty of people that would beat him that dont go to tournaments, and is he good at the megadrive version or the newer releases for ps3 and 360" - Comment by SpoilerAlert, Kotaku
23 Aug 2011 3:32 AM