EVO Player's Choice - CONGRATS SSBM! (Mike Z's closing remarks on OP)

Comments

• NoUDontNoUDont Joined: Posts: 83
    I wonder how dedicated Smash fans are, when they actually have to vote with their wallet to get their game to EVO. For me that's a big question mark(that will obviously be answered by the end of the month), but I don't doubt the willingness of Bronies to throw a lot of cash at something, whether they even heard of fighting games or not.
    I think MLP will win.

It would be cool to see Darkstalkers, but that's not gonna happen. I cross my fingers for Divekick.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭
    I read the Smashboards thread to determine if they were a threat to pony. What a horrible read that was.

A lot of complaining about lack of transparency concerning what game is in the lead... But the reason they want the numbers is because they were planning on collecting money internally, then only enter that money to Melee at the end if they had a chance of winning... Even if their motive is not trusting big companies buying their way in, that's scummy and actually an excellent reason NOT to show the numbers.

Anyway, they were super anti and if that thread represents their community I don't think they have a chance.

Also, I think the lineup for this EVO is great, even without the 8th game. And any of the 8th spot games are sure to be at least mildly interesting to watch. Anyone who's gonna be salty after this donation poll is mad petty.

I was gonna support MLP, but I couldn't find a Paypal option. Is there one? :xeye:
    Is an online forum really the best gauge of a community though? What if someone never got to go to an event and have to judge the FGC by forum posts..

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Is an online forum really the best gauge of a community though? What if someone never got to go to an event and have to judge the FGC by forum posts..

Well, that is true. But it's the only measure of their interest I have.
    There could very possibly be a lot of more casual lovers of Smash that will gladly vote.

I wouldn't really mind seeing Smash, but I think the more odd games would be more fun to watch. I highly enjoy odd fighting games being played seriously.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭
    I would have put down some serious money for TMNT:TF
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for crappy Mario Kart ripoffs o_O
    Creash Team Racing is superior to any crappy Mario Kart for a long shot
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Man that Smash thread is depressing.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Anti-Obstructionist Joined: Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FGC "Logic" about this:
    MLP is on the list for Plyaer's Choice - "LMAO MLP, I'm going to give them a Dollar because it is so hilarious to see the game there.Trololololololol!"
    MLP Wins - "WTF?! Fucking Brony Nerds! Who the Fuck Donated to that?!"

Or
    "Man, CVS2 is such a good game that I have never played! I really want to see some contemporary top CVS2 play! I'm not going to donate to it because it has no chance of winning!"
    This is 80% what is going to happen.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    3S/USF4- Ibuki :: KOF 98- Terry/Shermie/Kyo :: KOF XI- Terry/Oswald/Gato :: KOF XIII- Clark/EX Kyo/Terry :: GGXrd- Ram Chan

Please check out my Blog! Its what all the cool kids are doing! - http://grippingthenation.blogspot.com/
  • Fadedsun303Fadedsun303 Joined: Posts: 1,055
    Yay for crappy Mario Kart ripoffs o_O

Go play CTR and come back here and say that. So much more fun.

I'm rooting for Accent Core, but I would love to see CVS2 back in EVO as well.
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also been keeping up with the Smashboards thread, and I did notice the suggestion of donating to a paypal account instead.
    I get where they're coming from, but I think that completely alienates the goal of this project, and that is to unite communities.

The EVO staff cannot give that privilege only to the smash community. If they were to follow that practice, then it should be given to every community, but then that would mean that at the end of the period, only one donation would be given. This is for a good cause, so for the moment I think it's a good thing to hide the donation numbers. Also, this is part of a big continuous effort done by community leaders to start showing why the FGC is not what a lot of people make it out to be.

Ever since the Cross Assault accident, these leaders have been stacking up on many things that we can now use when we are told that the FGC is this or that. We had the EVO scholarship, we had fight for youth, we had the donation drive for Knives and Chris Hu, we also had the donation for the stick modder that had an accident, and this year we are getting together as communities to support breast cancer.

All these things are now references the FGC can use whenever we are targeted by yellow journalism.

I understand that we've had differences in the past, but the FGC has gone through a transition period with Esports and the many different things that happened this past year, and that's why I think it's a good time for us to also let go of the past and try to work with the Smash community again. I hope the community doesn't get discouraged and support their game.

I myself have trolled hard on the "Is it fighting game or not" discussion, but I've done it out of pure fun, it really is an irrelevant discussion. The real question worth discussing is why smash is usually considered to be outside the FGC by many. The answer to this question goes a long way, but I think that at this point in time it's better to reflect on why this happened and see if that could work out this year.

All this negativity I read on Smashboards makes me rethink the way I've expressed myself over the community on the past years. I now understand that both communities have a very uneducated opinion about each other, so I think we should now grow up out of it.

Now, about all this conspiracy thing that someone keeps on mentioning on Smashboards. That really has nothing to do with the EVO staff. We can probably have a conversation about charity foundations that end up being false and stuff, but I'm pretty sure the EVO staff is not involved any further than just setting up the donation drive. Contrary to popular belief, the EVO staff is a team composed of very dedicated people.

You know who got Spooky back together when their equipment was seized by the department of homeland security? That was Tom Cannon.
    You know who got EVO to Vegas, allowing a lot of people (myself included) to finally to have an affordable trip to EVO? Mr Wizard
    You know who founded this very website you're posting on? That was Tom Cannon
    You know who wrote a Networking Library exclusively for fighting games that completely changed how fighting games online are played forever? That was Tony Cannon.

Please, don't doubt the EVO staff, they love the community and have proven it many many different times. There's no conspiracy going on.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if MLP wins and then gets shut down by Hasbro for copyright infringement?

Hasbro will only step in if someone other than themselves gains a profit. Fighting tournaments ain't known to print money for the guys that run them
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    But EVO still asks for money from the entrants and gets ad revenue from sponsors. Is it still for profit if they are given money even though they may not make a lot of profit?
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Hey Keits. Do you think it would be smart if the communities were to start a petition asking big corporations to stay off the donation and allow the players to demonstrate the passion of their communities? I'm pretty sure most people would agree that it would make it more fair.

If this is about uniting communities, this would certainly add to that.

I don't see that having an effect. I think companies will do what they want to do.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Private EyeballPrivate Eyeball Cap'm Derek Joined: Posts: 1,441
    Bite you tongue heathen. Crash Team Racing is the superior kart racer.
    Sega All-Stars Racing is even more superior. :D
    Something something Hulkamania run something on something.
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Melee pls.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
    But EVO still asks for money from the entrants and gets ad revenue from sponsors. Is it still for profit if they are given money even though they may not make a lot of profit?

Considering that Evo staff have yet to make any of their money back for hosting these events I doubt Hasbro will pull the plug. The people behind the show and Hasbro have been supportive of bronies on many occasions. I don't see this being any different. If everything goes well Hasbro might even endrose it like Capcom did with Mega Man x Street Fighter.
  • MightyMarMightyMar Why you lose to me? Joined: Posts: 388
    I'm very hopeful for vsav getting in on the main stage. I would also be cool with gg, mbaa, st, cvs2, and vf5 getting in on the main stage.

Here are some matches from evo2k12 Vampire Savior side tournament. Special Thanks to B-IzM for bringing the supergun setup and recording equipment. Also thanks to Rotanibor for running that side tournament.
    Spoiler:
    "Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
    "That was the worst strategy ever. Buy an official book!"

Why You Lose To Me?
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭
    i don't really care which game "wins" since everything i like has no chance (3S players don't have jobs, most guilty gear players with money would probably vote for blazblue, VF players don't know what a tournament is), but i hope it isn't smash bros. if i had to guess a winner i would probably say injustice.

as a side note, i didn't know what MLP was until i read this thread
    This message will self-destruct.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game we don't want.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    most guilty gear players with money would probably vote for blazblue

GG players that like BB are the minority.
    Is more probable that those who like both would vote for GG than BB.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭
    GG players that like BB are the minority.
    Is more probable that those who like both would vote for GG than BB.
    i figured that players of thematically related games would band together to maximize the odds and bb has more players. i dunno. when i read dustloop, a lot of bb players didn't seem to care that guilty gear existed until it came out recently. and i didn't know that most gg players didn't like bb, i thought they just preferred it less. i imagine that players of the other smash game listed would do exactly the same thing. but hey, i like guilty gear but not bb, so i'm not complaining if people donate for gg.

speaking of donations, i'm surprised that breast cancer was chosen since it's notorious for being disproportionately overfunded and gets more media exposure than other cancers. and for obvious reasons it affects fewer people in this particular hobby (directly anyway)
    This message will self-destruct.
    i figured that players of thematically related games would band together to maximize the odds and bb has more players.

The thing is that even when they usually band together (like the GG community giving away their spot for the mb community ), in this particular case, they are competing to get their game on the main stage.
    BBCSEX is an oudated game right now, and GGXXAC+R is the newest iteration of the game
    You can bet that because those 2 reasons all the GG players would be more inclined to support GG, since is a whole new game, and they would be happy to bring the game to the spotlight again.
    i dunno. when i read dustloop, a lot of bb players didn't seem to care that guilty gear existed until it came out recently. and i didn't know that most gg players didn't like bb, i thought they just preferred it less. i imagine that players of the other smash game listed would do exactly the same thing. but hey, i like guilty gear but not bb, so i'm not complaining if people donate for gg.
    Well, the same happens with all the new players that came with SF4 and MVC3, they don't really seem interested of playing older games like CVS2, 3S or MVC2.

Also keep in mind that the new interest from those players on GG is not that strange if we consider that is a release on the current gen consoles with online gameplay. It makes it easier for them to try to get in on the game, compared to needing to get a ps2 and the game with no online capabilities.
    speaking of donations, i'm surprised that breast cancer was chosen since it's notorious for being disproportionately overfunded and gets more media exposure than other cancers. and for obvious reasons it affects fewer people in this particular hobby (directly anyway)
    I think that maybe, just maybe with the whole FGC being misogynist fiasco, the news of the community grouping together to help the cause could help to sweep away (at least a little) that image as you said it gets more media.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler:
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filia.jpg
    MASTER SKULLGIRL RACE, REPORTING IN.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • KoiyukiKoiyuki Observant Wanderer Joined: Posts: 97
    This is basically now pay to play, so I'll sort the games(in no particular order) by what factor will push the games into the bubble spot.

If the community for the game gets enough eyeballs on them and continually generates decent sized donations, then... [SIZE=12px]Will be one of the games to take the bubble spot. After that, they just gotta get people to show up[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]If the community can stop bickering and get solidly [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]behind[/SIZE][SIZE=12px] one game, then...[/SIZE] [SIZE=12px]Will be one of the games to take the bubble spot. After that, they just gotta get people to show up and not play the "I'll take a dive,and we'll split the pot" game[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]If the corporate backers and their ad people decide it's worth budgeting for(and don't do it directly), then...[/SIZE] [SIZE=12px]Will be one of the games to take the bubble spot. After that, they just gotta get people to show up and actually give a crap about the game[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]If the entire community around the show+people who want to troll the FGC decide to pony up the cash(and the MLP folks have done so for other causes before), then...[/SIZE] [SIZE=12px]Will [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]get their exhibition tourney. After that, they just gotta get people to show up and not lose their heads when the community heckles them the entire event[/SIZE]
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr Team BdP founding member Joined: Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭
    Cross posting from the FiM thread

Honestly I think it will come down to this.
    WB vs Sony vs Bronies.
    It would be stupid for WB and Sony to not allocate some of their advertising budget to this contest. Chance to get your game featured in the most prestigious event in the country, plus the positive publicity of donating to support cancer research.
    On the other hand, bronies are notoriously irresponsible with their money, and are avid donators and contest riggers.

As great as games like ST, CvS2, Gear, Melee and so forth are, I just don't think they'll be able to compete finantially with FiM, Injustice or PSAS.
  • KoiyukiKoiyuki Observant Wanderer Joined: Posts: 97
    Cross posting from the FiM thread

Honestly I think it will come down to this.
    WB vs Sony vs Bronies.
    It would be stupid for WB and Sony to not allocate some of their advertising budget to this contest. Chance to get your game featured in the most prestigious event in the country, plus the positive publicity of donating to support cancer research.
    On the other hand, bronies are notoriously irresponsible with their money, and are avid donators and contest riggers.

As great as games like ST, CvS2, Gear, Melee and so forth are, I just don't think they'll be able to compete finantially with FiM, Injustice or PSAS.
    As I said before, pay to play. I personally hope that EVO makes this an annual thing. Great, sustained press, and the smaller communities can have their say while supporting a great cause. It won't be every year that the big studios and their bottomless wallets will be a actor, after all
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,412 mod
    lol at there being "notorious" character traits among bronies

i hope mlp or divekick or some other shitty game gets in
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a couple of quotes from the Smashboards thread.
    I do believe that it's taken out of proportion for some stuff.
    I really wish that Wiz or one of the Cannons wrote an editorial to calm the scandal.
    A lot of the posts in that thread make me wonder if any of them saw the part on the poll where it said that winning there didnt guarantee a spot.
    Everybody would be happy to proceed with the donation fund irrespective of whether or not we win. HOWEVER, IF YOU GO HERE, YOU'll SEE THAT MONEY FROM YOUR WEPAY ACCOUNT CAN ONLY EITHER GO TO A BANK ACCOUNT OF YOUR CHOICE OR A PAPER CHECK. Mr. Wizard could very well collect it as a tax break (which might be equally disgusting), or god forbid, might take any part of the funds into his own account. I'm not saying he's likely to do either but the fact that we don't have very much protection against these things is somewhat startling, wouldn't you say?
    Breast Cancer research already gets a ton of donations. As in billions. Literally billions. There are countless other charities (many of which are in more dire immediate need) that aren't nearly as fortunate.

People have the right to know how much is being donated (as most charity drives will tell you anyway) and should also have the option to donate to more needy charities.

And once again this is the best case scenario. Right now there is NO protection from fraud as Clowsui said. We have no way of knowing how much money is being donated and as a result, where it's going. That doesn't mean "ZOMG U CONZIPERACY THEORIZT WACKO" we are simply saying it's a possibility. Do you wear seatbelts because you expect to crash everyday? Same idea here, it's just assurance.
    They don't have to steal it, they just have to claim a tax break on it >___>
    If you think things like corruption and TOs keeping some of the pot themselves has never happened in the FGC you need a wakeup call. There was one scandal just a couple of months back. It has also happened to Smash ie. Pound 5.

People have every reason to remain cautious. And you have no right to tell people what they should do with their money either way.
    If there isn't any transparency about the donations and who is donating/how much is donated, there is literally no way we can win. They clearly are not in favor of having Smash at EVO. I think it would be cool and all to have Smash there, but we aren't wanted. I really don't see why we are trying to shove ourselves in to an event where people are actively trying to stop us from coming.
    We should start our own donation fundwith all the proceeds going to an actual smash tourney. This is evo trying to get $$$ out of us without giving us the respect they wantonly dole out to everybody else. We already won the first pole, that should've been enough.
    wow. everything is hidden? they're really trying to screw us on this one, huh...
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    What happens if MLP wins and then gets shut down by Hasbro for copyright infringement?
    Same thing that happens if MLP wins and Mane6 don't actually have a playable build. Which I'd deem more probable.
    Why.
  • EshmaseshEshmasesh Unblockable IRL Joined: Posts: 531
    The thing is that even when they usually band together (like the GG community giving away their spot for the mb community ), in this particular case, they are competing to get their game on the main stage.
    BBCSEX is an oudated game right now, and GGXXAC+R is the newest iteration of the game.
    Both BBCP and GG +R don't actually have confirmed console release dates, so this point is moot. Considering Arc Sys' past history, they'll both be too late for Evo. :|

IMO: MLP will win because Bronies have zero fiscal responsibility, then the developers will state that there's zero chance of the final build making it at any reasonable time, then Melee will win runner up because Smash kids outnumber individual fighting game communities. Which greatly disappoints me. Their juvenile community burned their bridges long ago, and they haven't changed since.
    I make music.

www.reverbnation.com/eshmasesh
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    lol at there being "notorious" character traits among bronies

i hope mlp or divekick or some other shitty game gets in
    MUGEN.
    Come on, you KNOW you want to see that.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing BB since the first day of CT and my god do not vote for Extend. Wait until Chrono Phantasma next year, Shit will be amazing.

I'd love to see GG, It's a game with so much history, it's still one of the greatest fighting games ever created and I'd love to see it on stream. But alas.

I can imagine MLP / Smash winning. I can imagine an abysmal turnout for MLP because...Well. Yeah. And I just hate Nintendo so fuck smash.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    MUGEN.
    Come on, you KNOW you want to see that.

PotS creations, and RARE AKUMA lets go. Oh and Omega Tom Hanks.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Midwest Decepticon Joined: Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish that Wiz or one of the Cannons wrote an editorial to calm the scandal.
    A lot of the posts in that thread make me wonder if any of them saw the part on the poll where it said that winning there didnt guarantee a spot.

Why should there be written an editorial.................to appease to those kids at Smashboards?
    Fuck'em.....

Wiz already said on the stream that they are not keeping any of the proceeds........and those fools can't take their word for it?
    Fuck'em.....

It seems that it's only the Smashboards bitching and moaning...................and think that they already deserve a spot on Evo because of a mock poll?
    Fuck'em.....

Edit: For clarification.............I also want to see the tallies so far for the games in contention.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 255
    I'd vote for guilty, but I'm not voting with my dollars when I can't tell if the game even stands a chance.
    I don't see how this decision to keep the votes hidden benefits anybody, except someone who intends to skim from the donations.
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    I don't think donations will always be hidden. I think they just are for now.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Midwest Decepticon Joined: Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should there be written an editorial?
    Wiz already said on the stream that they are not keeping any of the proceeds........and those fools can't take their word for it?
    Fuck'em.....

It seems that it's only the Smashboards bitching and moaning...................and think that they already deserve a spot on Evo because of a mock poll?
    Fuck'em.....
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr Team BdP founding member Joined: Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the idea of hidden donations. Without it, I'd consider this contest totally free for Injustice/PSAS, as WB/Sony could easily make up the difference in one big donation near the end if they happened to be behind, and if they weren't behind, well, they win anyway.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    They should be hidden until it's over imo.
    A community could pool their money on the side and only decide to snipe with it at the very end if it looks like they'll win. If not, they'll just take their money back.
    Shown numbers also discourages donations, both for games far behind and games far in front.
    Basically, I feel there are balance problems. Numbers off, Final Destination.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 255
    Shown numbers also discourages donations, both for games far behind and games far in front.

I respectfully disagree. Have you never watched 24hr speed run charity drives?
    I think the problem here is that the donation drive duration is way too long.

They could at least show the standing number of donations for each game individually, and the grand total donated across all the games.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    BASED MIGHTY MAR.

I was looking for a few of those matches, but I'm bad at Youtube.

Also, niggas want to antagonize bronies?

I have a friend, and he has a rainbow dash hat, a rainbow dash book bag, a pony messenger bag, a rainbow dash bracelet, a pony shirt, I think trixie on his stick, AND HE'S ONE OF THE BRONIES THAT NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS CAN STAND.

If you really want to piss off the very vocal minority of bronies on THE INTERNET, THEIR HOME COURT, then by all means, do so, just know, you're bringing down the sword of damocles on your own damn selves.

For every dude that says that they think MLP is "for ****", a hundred bronies are ponying up (no pun intended) like 50 dollars just to make you him salty.

And now I have to go kill myself because I just realized I know most of the fucking ponies on that show by name, gg's.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,112
    I would be very entertained if we get CVS2, GG, BB, Skullgirls, 3S, or ST.

But my favorite game to be in has to be Melee.
    Persona 4:[/B][/I][/U] Main: Akihiko
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona/BBCP: PSN: I-Kef-I and KefPringlez

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
    If Smashboards is gonna be that bitchy about this whole thing then Smash should be removed. Talk about ungrateful bastards
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Smashboards is gonna be that bitchy about this whole thing then Smash should be removed. Talk about ungrateful bastards

They're not being ungrateful, they're just being skeptical and raising questions.

There's nothing wrong with that, and Charity frauds HAVE been commited in the past. I doubt Wizard would do that, but there's nothing wrong with questioning some things that went into this
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,405 mod
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Personally, I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK WHO THE MONEY GOES TOO (it could be used to fund Wiz' McRibs for all I care). All that matters to me is that a game I want to play gets on the main stage at EVO.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭
    Spoiler:

The campaign to save the titties won't be affected.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Look at that, what're you gonna do? Lose your charge? No no no. No no no no. You're gonna get SMILED on. With maracas." -Alex Valle on the Claw vs DJ matchup
    "When you play 99 games of SF2 with someone, you share a special bond with them for life." -Papercut
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing BB since the first day of CT and my god do not vote for Extend. Wait until Chrono Phantasma next year, Shit will be amazing.

I'd love to see GG, It's a game with so much history, it's still one of the greatest fighting games ever created and I'd love to see it on stream. But alas.

I can imagine MLP / Smash winning. I can imagine an abysmal turnout for MLP because...Well. Yeah. And I just hate Nintendo so fuck smash.

What you talking 'bout? Extend is a legit good game, and I don't even play Ragna, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, or Hazama, lol.
  • Vigilante 8Vigilante 8 All the way from Ryu de Janeiro. Joined: Posts: 21
    No one thinks MLP has a chance? You guys seem to be underestimating the power of 4chan and the Bronies.

https://boards.4chan.org/mlp/res/7217658

Just so you guys know
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭
    Considering that Evo staff have yet to make any of their money back for hosting these events I doubt Hasbro will pull the plug. The people behind the show and Hasbro have been supportive of bronies on many occasions. I don't see this being any different. If everything goes well Hasbro might even endrose it like Capcom did with Mega Man x Street Fighter.

You see the problem is that the bronies frequently make people forget that the MLP:FIM is a show aimed at little girls, for the purpose of promoting toys for little girls. It's one thing for them to indulge with 4chan nerds, but do you want the MLP brand to be associated with a community known for misogyny? If I work for Hasbro I would never want a MLP game to be put in EVO.
  • Raz0rRaz0r I disapprove Joined: Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a donation cap? If not then I can see some will scummy shit going down in the same way like the Indie humble bundles. Someone in Smashboards brought up a good point about this donation drive being a great tax write off for companies. I can see WB or Sony donating to get their games in if that's the case

Companies donating to charity is scummy? Shut up.
    This is offensive.