EVO Player's Choice - CONGRATS SSBM! (Mike Z's closing remarks on OP)

1383940414244»

Comments

• janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or why the fighting game community laughs at them.

I got an answer for that, people are stupid.
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    There are already a bunch of threads in the Smash section debating whether or not Smash is a legit fighting game............or why the fighting game community laughs at them.
    All the more reason to purge this thread, the faster the better. Thread long suited its purpose
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Midwest Decepticon Joined: Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't disagree on that...............this thread has outlived its dramaness.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoF XIII - The white stage gives an advantage to characters whose projectiles blend in to the background
    That's not true. Pick Joe and go to that stage and throw a hurricane. It's given a shadow so you can clearly see where it is, it's not even close to being invisible. The reason people don't play on it is because the stage is ugly as fuck and no one likes it.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Shawn_PShawn_P "Fear not the men in red" Joined: Posts: 85
    Whatever, I'm just satisfied to have had some actual level headed conversation that didn't boil down to nonsensical trolling (in most cases), accusations and baseless claims, and actually learned a few things about the FGC which gives me a lot more respect for their views.

Then there are the others who would hate Smash players even if they saved his life. Those guys don't matter.

These last 3-4 pages have been far more useful than anything else in this thread (No offense to OP, the updating was great).

But please, come into the thread you haven't been posting in at all to tell us it needs to be purged clean.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    That's not true. Pick Joe and go to that stage and throw a hurricane. It's given a shadow so you can clearly see where it is, it's not even close to being invisible. The reason people don't play on it is because the stage is ugly as fuck and no one likes it.
    That's an even worse reason lol.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird F*ck this life Joined: Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides Vsav what game has stages banned? The only reason those 2 stages are banned in vsav is cause they're not in the versus mode on arcade.

I believe that the white stage in KoF XIII is banned. All the white makes it difficult to see the sparkle effects and your position on the stage. Blazblue's training stage had problems too
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    That's an even worse reason lol.
    There's also a difference between ban and people choosing not to play on it. It ISN'T banned, but no one wants to play on it.
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC the SF4 Volcano stage is banned due to how much red there is. I also heard that BB's training stage is soft banned and a lot of UMvC3 stages are banned due to causing slowdown.
    None of them are banned, people just opt not to play on them. Reading is fundamental, yo.
    This is offensive.
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭
    If you're running MvC3 on ps3, you really do have to ban a few stages, namely Asgard.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
  • JacopeXJacopeX "Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo." Joined: Posts: 418
    Besides Vsav what game has stages banned? The only reason those 2 stages are banned in vsav is cause they're not in the versus mode on arcade.

MK9 has many stages that are banned due to inconsistent sizes of the stages, creating an issue with potentially being cornered in one combo from mid screen.

Also, laggy stages like God of war stage.
    ST/Alpha 3/CVS2/SSF4AE2012: Claw
    XBL/GGPO: JacopeX (currently learning how to Fightstick...sorry. =( )
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MK9 has many stages that are banned due to inconsistent sizes of the stages, creating an issue with potentially being cornered in one combo from mid screen.
    This is the 1st time that i heard that
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    The only MK9 stage I know of being banned is that one street level where the cars will literally go in front of the camera and block you from seeing your characters.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a game with inconsistent stage sizes there is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (DC/Arcade) and none of the stages are banned even if you some how get to play on Death 13's stage.

Edit:
    If you want to talk about laggy stages there is street fighter alpha 2 none of the stages are banned and a few of the stages lag to the point it messes with regular combos.
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum/ [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten Waving 'hello' to the lurkers. Joined: Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played this game since I rebought it in 2010. I wonder how it plays now.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    3DS: 1048-9697-8273
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬