House Delaware: From the Gravel Pit. Words: DYNAMIC ENTRY!

Comments

• NastrodamusNastrodamus Akihiko of House Frey! Joined: Posts: 1,462
    or.. we could do saturday game night. but that's up to ya'll thursday or saturday.
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor." - Soldier from Team Fortress 2
  • sixshot1999sixshot1999 Mad Hatter of the FGC Joined: Posts: 384
    why not just game on both nights.
    CEO of Dynamic Custom Beadworks
    Follow us on Twitter: @DynamicBeadwork
    Like us on Facebook: /Dynamicbeadwork
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
  • The Angry Guy of DEThe Angry Guy of DE The Hero of Aristarch Joined: Posts: 243
    I'm thinking of wanting to go to the Break, I'm cranking 7+ hours daily this week so I can have Friday off...if I'm not totally exhausted I'll be up for a session on both days. Maybe this Break we'll be able to do some casuals afterwards, I'd like some experience on different characters.

Annoying that only like Tomo is a S.Lab player worth watching in a sea of Chie's...
    Playing Marvel is like cheating at cards...the better you are at it the more likely you are to win.
  • GoldfishXGoldfishX Joined: Posts: 488
    I'll show up on Saturday for Marvel. Orioles not going to go quietly, but nothing will be played on Sat. night, so all good.
    MvC 3 - Team Iron Maiden = Amatarasu (the beast)/Spencer (the trooper)/Taskmaster (the clairvoyant)
    MvC 2 - Megaman/Cable/Capcom, Storm/Megaman/Tron
    okay so we are definetely on for thursday. Saturday will be pending.
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor." - Soldier from Team Fortress 2
  • The Angry Guy of DEThe Angry Guy of DE The Hero of Aristarch Joined: Posts: 243
    So what time we thinking of starting?
    Playing Marvel is like cheating at cards...the better you are at it the more likely you are to win.
    So I just booked the room for NEC. total is coming up to $ 215 for two nights. Reason I only did two night is because i want to see how you guys feel after sunday or during the tourney. I usually stay until monday so I can see as many friends and do as much as much casuals/ drinking as possible. So let me know
    I usually stay until monday so I can see as many friends and do as much as much drinking as possible. So let me know
    There we go...so for people heading to the BREAK, here's the breakdown:
    1 Guy that as he says, "has been waiting for this!"
    1 Guy that saw that Resident Evil Movie...redemption unlikely.
    1 Guy that jabs Spiral swords.
    1 Guy that always wears red, always I'm told.
    1 Guy that expects a first round Akihiko...and will likely yet again go 2nd round WyvernLord.

Lets do this!
    I'm down for whatever. I'm taking that Friday and Monday off anyway (plus the thing is right in Philly), so I'm down with either 2 or 3 days.

Orioles COULD be in the ALCS Saturday night, so...(yeah, this is getting kind of ridiculous, lol)
    MvC 3 - Team Iron Maiden = Amatarasu (the beast)/Spencer (the trooper)/Taskmaster (the clairvoyant)
    games at my place around 5. let's get some practice in. WE TALKIN ABOUT PRACTICE!
    I'm gonna pass, tired as crap.

Good stuff yesterday, I'm gonna make a note to bring my tools whenever I go to a tournament next time.
    Im still tired as fuck or I would of stopped by and I always carry tools with me Angry so next time that happens just let me know lol
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    good stuff to everyone at the break. I seem to only lose to killers now. so that's actually okay. shouts to boog losing to that fake wolvie player. please don't let it happen again. and shouts to dcint fucking combos on streams when he never does that. even simple shit god dammit!
  • Cosmic_CastawayCosmic_Castaway Legendary Dark Knight Joined: Posts: 2,449
    Shoutouts to my dropped combos and inputs costing me matches in Marvel. AWE YEAH. Might have to put that game on the backburner indefinitely; Tag 2 is too fucking good.
    The Excusatory Wizard of Execution
    The stream...it scares people...

"Okay I got this wesker combo...oh god, What do I do after S?!?"
    The stream...it scares people...

"Okay I got this wesker combo...oh god, What do I do after S?!?"
    "I know! H Teleport into...nothing!"
    Text sent out.. I'm at work on my boss' iPad.. So yeah see everyone tonight for some ttt2, p4u, marvel.
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    Yo! So games at my place tonight when I get off work. so about 6:45
  • BoogBoog HOBO Joined: Posts: 271
    Shoutouts to The DE Invites that have been extended for Curley Mustach..DE WE IN THERE!! Hyperbolic time chamber time
    Games at Nas' place tonight at 6:45. Marvel and TTT2 mostly afaik.
    http://www.twitch.tv/airjuggle
    Khamos and Sik Joker goin at it in AE
    So now that Sandy has started to to take a hint and leave, how did everyone hold up...and more importantly, how has everyone been keeping up with not getting rusty with their games?
    Angry: I'm alright. seems northern DE wasn't bother by it that much. can't say the same about southern DE though.

so games at my place friday. with some special Dover guests in marvel. Play these guys at otakon and they are actually really solid. so come out!

Also got my first few hatemail in tekken:

IS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO YOU IS SPAM?! YOU SPAMMIN ASS FAGGOT! YOU SUCK! I hear spam is pretty salty....
    I hear spam is high in sodium and fat...so I've never done once based on my body build. INB4 people mention raw brutal impact or everything I do in kof.
    Oh good, I was wondering if we would hear from those Dover guys again.
    well I dunno yet. He texted me out of nowhere. He said he would text me if he could do it today. so games will be happening around 6- 6:30 cuse I got off work early.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Joined: Posts: 7
    Any of you dudes making the trip up to Philly on saturday?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure all of us are going. Or at least as many as we can manage.
    So whats the plan for tonight and bar battles tommorrow? I want some more practice and testing setups on characters. Yosuke wakeup dp isn't safe for you anymore.
    Well tomorrow is pretty simple, we meet at nas place around 1130, when everyone is ready we make a Dynamic Entry into the DMV (Delaware Monster Van), and we head up to PHI (Philadelphia) :).
    As for tonight, me and dcint are going to temple to session with all of those guys for the following reasons:
    a. Theres a mixture of good bad and random players to play n practice on rather then just play eachother (since we know eachothers crap)
    b. They have more setups of different games including tekken and persona.
    c. To continue the build on the relationship between the philly players and De, making it easier to advertise our upcoming tournaments, and actually gain an OK crowd.
    For whatever reason cos and nas dont wanna go so I guess nas is probly having a session at home so if you dont want to come along with us then get in touch with him.
    Anyone else that wants to go just give me a ring
    here's the thing about this whole temple. Thing. Esp. last friday. I didn't feel it was necessary to go because we were going to see the same guys that saturday! I also why go to a spot where I would body those air tag playas. All Bark, No Bite. now there is playas there like insayne. but you just pick a day where it was just redundant to go. Now if we want to do it on days that we aren't going to philly the next day. then, i'm all ears.
    I was for the Temple thing, but damn son, but you gotta give me time to get out of work and on the road. :(

And as someone who actually enjoys playing Marvel casuals, I think it is a good thing playing against both good and bad players. If you're playing someone lesser, is a good chance to work on new characters/strats. I definitely felt like I was sliding into a rut playing against mostly Boog and D-cint the past couple sessions, just because I'm familiar with how they play. Is why I'm disappointed the Middletown people come so infrequently, they are solid and have different play-styles.

In other news, I think I might stick it out with Yukiko for now. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Gfx using Yukiko...my mind needs to process this...

Anyway, when are we meeting up today?
  • RazmanRazman Joined: Posts: 15
    Anyone going up to NEC this weekend? I got off from both jobs and was looking to go.
    Razman send me a friend request on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/curtis.l.betts

we talk on the FB page more than we do here...

As far as NEC we have a room actually we have 2 rooms and are leaving Friday Night and staying till Sunday Night...
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    We really don't use this thread anymore do we...

*Looks at first page, still considered out of Delaware*

Son of a...
  • RazmanRazman Joined: Posts: 15
    Added you on fb. What's the fb page? If that's easier to contact everyone ill hop on there.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Joined: Posts: 7
    can't make it out to NEC cause of school/work, good luck to you dudes going up there this weekend
    Just a reminder to all the De Family, Im taking the "get de a better stream" donations at Toofresh2def19@yahoo.com through paypal. Cash in person is fine too, but paypal is probably the easiest/fastest..Cos already made the first donation of 40 dollars, just waiting for you guys.
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    Hey guys, I know I don't know anyone (mostly because I don't have PS3 stick), but I'm having my buddies Krost and Comeback over in Claymont for some food and games on Saturday. We'll probably have a MAME setup, a PS3, and an XBOX going at my place with ST, UMvC3, maybe AE or 3s or whatever depending on how many show up, and then we're hitting up 1984 (a bar arcade) in Wilmington for some SF2:HF and Marvel 1 and beer. If you are interested, hit me up via PM.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
    Wow nice to see a new post on the SRK thread,
    I know a couple guys would be interested in playing marvel, but we have a monthly tournament in Baltimore to goto on Saturday. If you are able we are hosting our weekly meetup Friday Night we are going to play marvel, ae. Tekken tag2 and persona 4. Also a couple posts above in my Facebook address send me a friend request because we have a fb group where we communicate more.
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    Ah, OK. Tomorrow I have a work holiday party to go to, but depending on when it fizzles out and when you guys end the sessions, I might swing by. I don't have a PS3 stick and I'm terribad at those games, but I'd definitely like to meet people/play. I'll definitely hit you up via FB though.
    Our sessions goto about 1am-3am and if you dont have a PS3 stick we got people that have em so you can play games.. I'll send you a text i still have your number.
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    Sounds good, I should be back from the party by then so I will most likely see you guys tomorrow :D

My phone number's changed since then, I'll send you my new number via fb.
  • ZG_YojimboZG_Yojimbo Joined: Posts: 33
    whats up dude'z haven't talked to you guys in a minute, been sleepin on the fighting games im trying to get back in the mix though yall still doing sessions at nas's house?
    XBL: ZGYojimbo
    Yeah, man. Every Friday pretty much. Got a session this week too.

Add Sixshot on FB, if you have one.
    http://www.facebook.com/curtis.l.betts

I'll PM you my FB, and then I can add you to the FB group. That's more active than this thread these days.
    To those that don't have me added on Facebook... Games tonight at 7:30pm at Nas' house playing AE, Marvel, TTT2, and Persona 4... Bring your setups,snacks, controllers/pads, and whatever else you need .
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
  • thekid302thekid302 Joined: Posts: 55
    i have 2 te's one for each system if anyone is looking for a stick. The BLOPS 2 crack got me.
    Round 1? How much?
  • BLAZ-BeyondBLAZ-Beyond The END justifies the means Joined: Posts: 9
    Hey, haven't been on in the longest. I'm thinking of going to Xanadu tomorrow (will be my first tournament). Been looking to get up with you guyz for some time to learn what's real in the scene. What are your thoughts on going and how do i keep in touch?
    PSN: BLAZ-Beyond
    UMvC3: Spider-Man/Iron Fist/Chris Tekken 6: Jin, Lee, King
    BBCS: Ragna, Taokaka MK9: Smoke, Johnny Cage SFAE: Oni, Dudley KOF XIII: Terry, Andy, ??? SG: Cerebella SFxT: Jin & Hwoarang