House Delaware: From the Gravel Pit. Words: DYNAMIC ENTRY!

Comments

• GoldfishXGoldfishX Joined: Posts: 488
    Shield Skills beats on Zero pretty hard, if it is covered by an assist. Unless he gets VERY lucky and stuffs it, he's going to get popped. One shot into launch and Zero loses 3/4 or more of his health. One block sequences takes off around 100-150k. The character is seriously annoying. I am definitely popping a canister of Xfactor as soon as I'm given the chance on him.

And sixshot, that wasn't hype...that was pure disbelief on everyone's face and fear that their money was going elsewhere. Fourthstar was literally grabbing his face and pulling it down, as if he was in the middle of a bad dream that he was trying to wake up from. It was priceless. Did you see they wanted to run DE vs MD after it all went down. *insert salt here* lol
    MvC 3 - Team Iron Maiden = Amatarasu (the beast)/Spencer (the trooper)/Taskmaster (the clairvoyant)
    MvC 2 - Megaman/Cable/Capcom, Storm/Megaman/Tron
    http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/319459571

Boog vs Unknown is around 3:40.
    MvC 3 - Team Iron Maiden = Amatarasu (the beast)/Spencer (the trooper)/Taskmaster (the clairvoyant)
  • sixshot1999sixshot1999 Mad Hatter of the FGC Joined: Posts: 384
    And sixshot, that wasn't hype...that was pure disbelief on everyone's face and fear that their money was going elsewhere. Fourthstar was literally grabbing his face and pulling it down, as if he was in the middle of a bad dream that he was trying to wake up from. It was priceless. Did you see they wanted to run DE vs MD after it all went down. *insert salt here* lol

We need more practice before we do an exhibition cause I would def like have DE body them in Marvel lol...
    CEO of Dynamic Custom Beadworks
    Follow us on Twitter: @DynamicBeadwork
    Like us on Facebook: /Dynamicbeadwork
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Keep us poooooooosteedd, yo.

And try to stay for more than 2 hours at sessions! >.>

Too impatient, judgmental and easily annoyed for more than 2 hours at a time sir! Not at the game mind you, but I think that part had been obvious ;)
  • BoogBoog HOBO Joined: Posts: 271
    RAWR
  • ZG_YojimboZG_Yojimbo Joined: Posts: 33
    yoyooo DE vs MD exhibition lets make that happen, the hype level would be far more than 9000 ^.^
    XBL: ZGYojimbo
    Doooooo it!
    Is ECT a part of road to evo? Whens the next closest evo tournament? Cuz I think Im gonna go..but I need a room
  • axi0maxi0m I am the only God. Joined: Posts: 367
    Is ECT a part of road to evo? Whens the next closest evo tournament? Cuz I think Im gonna go..but I need a room

I thought it was CEO.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    UMvC3: Vergil/DOOOOM/Wesker
    Ultra:Akuma/Rose
    MKX: Mileena/Ermac/Kenshi
    where is ceo again?
  • NastrodamusNastrodamus Akihiko of House Frey! Joined: Posts: 1,462
    uh yes ECT is a road to evo event. Also CEO is in orlando. I'm not going simply because the money i could use on CEO would be for EVO.... so ... eff that..
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor." - Soldier from Team Fortress 2
    Well is anyone going to ect? cuz I may wanna go..need a room somewhere tho
    btw apparently Evo is capped now. so even if you wanted to go to evo, fuck it now...
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor." - Soldier from Team Fortress 2
  • Cosmic_CastawayCosmic_Castaway Legendary Dark Knight Joined: Posts: 2,449
    DE on Hubbs' stream.

www.twitch.tv/thegvn
    The Excusatory Wizard of Execution
    nvm apparently the late registration is in order i guess
  • Milk StoneMilk Stone Joined: Posts: 200

New matches, better overall play this time around.
  • sixshot1999sixshot1999 Mad Hatter of the FGC Joined: Posts: 384
    Shoutoutz to Boog, Cos, D-Cint, RickStrokes, and Myself for going to Hubbs Bi Monday get together and for Boog beating down some of the kids in Philly...
    Shit was fun as hell and all the smack talkin made my night...

@Biz & Worseplayer... Hubbs said he was going to hold a side tournament of VF5 at ECT just wanted to keep you both in the loop because you are the VF scene here in the First State.
    CEO of Dynamic Custom Beadworks
    Follow us on Twitter: @DynamicBeadwork
    Like us on Facebook: /Dynamicbeadwork
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    side tournament? pfffft.
  • The Angry Guy of DEThe Angry Guy of DE The Hero of Aristarch Joined: Posts: 243
    I go out of state for a few days and here's what I read coming back:

Boog once again terrorizing states that believed Delaware is just a rest-stop on the highway (Good shit Kenny)

All (like two of you) that fear my mindfucking KoF playstyle might have to worry about another character I'm finding myself to enjoy...here's a hint: Thick. Sparkly. Thighs.

(I might not have stated it but my location is Newark, I'm probably the closest to Nas.)
    Playing Marvel is like cheating at cards...the better you are at it the more likely you are to win.
  • KahmosKahmos Joined: Posts: 724
    Sorry I have not been checking those vids milkstone, I have been busy working on Diablo 3. I expect to push through Inferno and become a gold tycoon before the RMAH.
    How i Sk8board
  • Milk StoneMilk Stone Joined: Posts: 200
    I wanna play D3, but no monies. :(
    Late registration O_o? how does I access thisss!!!??? I wanna play evo lol
    Ok Guys Listen up this just in!! Grimely Grizzly wants to know if Dynamic Entry Would be interested in coming back down for a streamed session against maryland this saturday or sunday.. Me and Curtis are down to go so far but we need to know who else is in so we can set things up so whats up DE!!! We doin this or what!?!?
    just register online silly at that evolution link at the very top.

also i can't go cuse saturday: i'm hosting a party at my place

sunday: going to see the phillies with my dad. so sorry guys! :(
  • The Angry Guy of DEThe Angry Guy of DE The Hero of Aristarch Joined: Posts: 243
    Got an uncle's wedding on Sat. so I'm not going anywhere else...probably will have to leave early on Friday if its being done. Any sessions going on sometime this week?

Check out Nas's little blue banner, looks like I'll have to check that stream for mention of DE (and stream monster the shit out of it)
    Playing Marvel is like cheating at cards...the better you are at it the more likely you are to win.
    tommorow it shall be done. Also i'm throwing 20 dollars for our little doritos gathering. SO LET'S DO THIS!
    Well if yojimbo, chris, or dave wants to fill in for nas saturday just post up guys
  • KahmosKahmos Joined: Posts: 724
    $20 for doritos?
    I love Nacho Cheesier Doritos.

><
    Hit inferno tonight. Had to go to bed. Act 1 mobs are easier than act 4 hell mobs. Guess Ill just MF it to butcher tomorrow and cherry pick some better gear from the auction house tomorrow.
    How i Sk8board
    Whos down for a grown ass man umvc3 shodown at biz place. 25 bucks round robin, 3/5, 3 go rounds.
    I would be down... but I dunno about the others...
  • `S1lence`S1lence Joined: Posts: 17
    Dude I didnt get to even see it. You cant just level up by not playing.

Shoutouts to Puzzle Fighter.

Edit:

@Axi0m
    You know what really grinds my gears?
    People who beat me while carrying on a conversation and checking their phone, and then getting angry when I force them to block so I have a moment to breath.

I really get mentally exhausted by Jarells Cammy. I have notes for the matchup, but I never think back on them whenever we first sit down. And by the third round or first perfect, I just forget them.

The man plays his Cammy like Kindevus (i think)
    Meatys, crossups, un reversable divekicks, frametraps, knee jerk reacting to spiral arrow at the start otherwise he gets in for free. 50/50 walk up throw/frametraps, and the man has it all down to muscle memory.

I actually have to troll him vocally before expecting to mix him up.

I really need to muscle memory the Gen>Cammy specific shit for him.

10-8 : GGs mang

Shoutout to the Jonas Brothers.
    Old/Current handles : GotBubbles (Rasta, InMotion), `S1lence (JGG, BBS)
    Old Competitive Teams : Rasta Gaming, InMotion Gaming, Juice Goes Genocide, Baby Smashers
    UMVC3 : Viper/Morrigan/Strider, Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    USF4 : Ibuki, Balrog
    SFV : Chun, Laura
    I'll be helping my dad these next two days, so my next gaming session will be on our usual Friday...I'll take a pass on Waldorf for now.

I have mixed feelings about playing each other for $$$ within our group, outside of actual tournies like Battle at the Bridge. I feel like the purpose of playing each other is to improve against the larger group of MvC3 players (read: everyone else not in our group) and to help each other improve individually. We all play each other enough and kind of know everyone else's tendencies that it doesn't feel productive putting money at stake. When I made the Doritos challenge thing, the purpose was to shake the stigma of playing matches that actually meant something in front of people and to get us away from playing one other person for an hour at a time (which, to me, was and still is counterproductive). I'd say it's been a success on that front.

I feel like when you play for money, you're out to prove you're better than someone (as seen in most high-profile money matches, where bragging rights are just as important as the cash). I just don't see how that is productive for our group to grow as players. My honest assessment right now, of my myself and where I stand in the group, is that Boog is the best player right now (I need to snap that damn Wolverine in...plus he knows exactly how to play against my main team a little TOO well), Biz is probably #2 (haven't played in a while to be fair, but his Zero is definitely unique in using no assists outside of combos and also his comboes are different than your average Zero, although the end result is the same...ToD) and Nas beats me with Phoenix a lot (should work on snapping more). Also should throw in David, since we always play each other tough and I think his execution is way better than mine. Now say I put up money and beat all 4...Does that make me a better player or #1 in the group? I don't think so. You're only as good as your last match. It doesn't mean anything if I go to a major and go two and out.

What helps more is constructive criticism between us. I tell Boog all the time, I can't wait to see him unleash anchor Wolvie on some unsuspecting player. Next thing you know, POW!, he runs the gauntlet back on Unkn0wn with him. Biz critiqued my old team very well, saying it didn't do enough damage and he was right. One reason I run Wolvie/Task now, which does major damage as a DHC and my Spencer team, which is pure ToD. Nas calls me stupid for trying to fight Phoenix. He is definitely 100% correct. I should be snapping more. I can't say I don't have enough Phoenix practice.

Then again, I think it is stupid when a top player refuses to play people unless it is for money. Play the game because you enjoy it, not as a second (or primary!) source of income. If people agree to a money match, fine. Hype it up! But not "I'm not gonna play unless you put up like $5".
    Money matches in marvel often seem like armed robbery...maybe its because happy birthdays occur when stupid stuff happens like an assist completely off-screen informs me to chew on metal links or a taskmaster that mighty swings and somehow its impossible to throw him but even when he's -3 he gets to throw you first...or maybe I don't play enough to be like "I should just play lamer against these guys instead of not picking taskmaster and parroting what they do...shield skill task master mirror are as dispiriting as that phoenix mashing L gif..."

THEN AGAIN.

I would totally do $1 MM in KoF, no happy birthday junk, no xfactor...no assists that cheat like that dog...just Bloody Chest, Instant overhead TK V-slash, and slowest overhead into profit...with new guests like speaking engrish during attacks, never enough punches into explosions, and glittery thigh-splosion.
    Honestly if you play a Grown Ass Man tournament I plan to win it. I'm not kidding either. Frankly I find playing against people you know for money really brings out your best. I like to crown a king. Frankly I don't think BOOG is the best. I think Biz is pretty close and you all know who is the Worst :) I didn't come by this nick by actually losing and Nas knows, I'm an egotistical prick. I say lets step our game up with shit on the line.

I'm ready. Anyone else?

I'm ready to MM for that snazzy new scarf. Anyone else?

MM in marvel < Being able to have money to buy Wawa tea

MM in KoF < Nobody will play against Dess or myself due to one player being legit and the other just not giving a shit about meter.
    No disrespect, but my idea of a Grown Ass Man tournament is 25-30 people, each of varying playstyles, not a round robin against 2-3 people i play regularly every week and 1-2 i play occasionally.

We'll have to agree to disagree on our points about playing for money. For me, walking away with a sense of leveling up is better than walking away with some extra cash for winning.
    I always play better with something on the line. If you can't beat the locals consistently that's a damn shame. Then again this is the pot splitting generation aka weak.
    I always play better with something on the line. If you can't beat the locals consistently that's a damn shame. Then again this is the pot splitting generation aka weak.

Sorry if I'm more interested in leveling my own game up than winning a contest of egos with my sparring partners, whom I tend to trade victories with anyway. I say Boog is the best right now because he has a recent win over one of the best overall players right now (Unkn0wn). No disrespect to our group, but we are not at the top of the Marvel heep, so I don't consider a battle against the locals particularly meaningful. If anything, we are all still free to Morrigan shennigans until I see otherwise...

We have a bag of Doritos on the line each week. If you want to show up and participate, I'll be glad to get either nacho or Cool Ranch...your choice. :p

I'm actually not okay with pot splitting, but I understand why people do it (especially in a game like Marvel). Chris G has nothing to lose by splitting with Marlinpie or Josh Wong at the Break for like $200-$250 (especially since they all play each other all the time), but a major tournament with thousands of $$$ on the line...Won't be any splits there. It hurts to say it, but guys like Chris G have earned the right to split by simply being in a position where someone that would not split can't knock them off. Meep and Ryry split at Xanadu, which kind of killed the audience for GF off. It was pretty lame.
    in4mation_locals_2.jpg

I got your locals right here...
  • DessDess Body GA! Joined: Posts: 90
    I've got some cash burning a hole in my pocket....but not for marvel.