ST for EVO 2013

Comments

• SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dude I think King of GGPO would blow up if me and Bob teamed up again assuming ST wins :)
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Dude I think King of GGPO would blow up if me and Bob teamed up again assuming ST wins :)
    r u doing any stream about donations for it?
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    r u doing any stream about donations for it?
    I didnt have anything planned. I'd like to do something but time is tight. I didnt expect ST to win lol
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • RobotJonesRobotJones Stabmaster Arson Joined: Posts: 10
    Where are all these trustfund kiddies voting for Melee coming from?
  • DoplghostDoplghost Deeds, not words.... Joined: Posts: 40
    Where are all these trustfund kiddies voting for Melee coming from?
    From the mansions they obtained from being pros at melee!
    UMVC3:Thor-B/Arthur-B/Firebrand-Y
    Vanilla MVC3:Thor-B/Arthur-B/Shuma Gorath-A
    Secondary:Shuma Gorath-A/Firebrand-B/Rocket Raccoon-Y
  • gluemchengluemchen Joined: Posts: 117
    Granddaddy games. Always take them serious. This is crazy xD
    Steam ID(gluemchen)/GFWL(gluemchen): SSFIV AE 2012, SFxT
    PSN(gluemchen): Skullgirls
    Region: Europe(Germany)
    Skill: Bad/Mediorcre
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    Why are people speculating that the surge was due to coordinated efforts by the "Japanese ST community"? I've checked several 2ch threads (both ST and general SF-related) and I don't see anything of the sort at all. They're aware of EVO's donation drive, but I haven't seen much discussion on the topic. I'm thinking it's either an individual or a very small group who's behind this, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that they're from Japan -- not yet, at least.

To whomever is behind this: thank you, and I hope you know what you're doing. SSBM'ers are getting ready to drop their 'spirit bomb' today.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Added a bit more money, + shared on Facebook, which is something I don't usually do about games.
    I want to play ST on stream today. I can stream from the evening on i guess
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,633
    Why are people speculating that the surge was due to coordinated efforts by the "Japanese ST community"? I've checked several 2ch threads (both ST and general SF-related) and I don't see anything of the sort at all. They're aware of EVO's donation drive, but I haven't seen much discussion on the topic. I'm thinking it's either an individual or a very small group who's behind this, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that they're from Japan -- not yet, at least.

To whomever is behind this: thank you, and I hope you know what you're doing. SSBM'ers are getting ready to drop their 'spirit bomb' today.

As far as I'm aware, the 'Japanese ST community' doing the donation is a weird rumor that there is no proof for at all (at this stage.)
    Can anyone give me a mass archive of ST videos to show on stream? Like classic, legacy stuff? I know theres a lot of goodies for ST but if you guys gave me links that would be great lol
  • Mister EricMister Eric Joined: Posts: 2
    Smasher here.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Sabin get dat E-Sports money, showing the huge evo audience how much more hype ST is than any other fighting game would be a dream come true.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    Can anyone give me a mass archive of ST videos to show on stream? Like classic, legacy stuff? I know theres a lot of goodies for ST but if you guys gave me links that would be great lol
    Does Youtube count? Or do you need the files?

Edit: Fatboy should be able to help you. In case anyone has his number.
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    Donated! It's time to pull out all the stops and make ST happen for Evo!
  • SSFIIXGMCSSFIIXGMC Joined: Posts: 1
    I just registered to this site (SRK) and donated $100 to the ST fund. It would be sick if ST could get another event like that one last year. I haven't really played ST in years but it's like riding at bike at this point. Props to whoever pushed the donation amounts way up the last day. Can't stand new fighters....or really any new games .

If you want ST videos to run on a stream then run some highlight videos, some combo videos, and some tournament footage of old EVOs or that TOL event from last year:

I don't know how much time is left to push ST, the better game, to the top at this point. But you should just show that Tournament of Legends footage to people to get more support. Or tell the ST scene that if they hit $40K or whatever that someone will fly in AtomicBoy or YuuVega or whoever. Some incentive besides just getting the game there.
  • VernonVernon Destroy what destroys you Joined: Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    $35,030.53 ? Oh God yes, 2X never gets old!
    2X FOREVER
    I linked a video which shows Tsuji, Otochun (ST best, OCVed team USA last time) and MAO in straight matches not long ago. It should should very high level matches if you pick from those matches on. First match, IIRC, was Otochun vs Gunze, which are both incredible players. It's not old - quite recent, in fact - but it features players from the old and new school, and MAO should be an attraction since he's the current EVO ST champion.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    The ST Gods are smiling on us this week.

ST Gods making it rain!
    They built that meter faster than Guile and Fei combined.

Check psychochronic's Youtube channel of old stuff, psychorarity. I also recommend Bushinstyle and BoggleMind's channel, Guogondi.

Can't forget about the OGs

Shirts
    JSJ
    Apoc

Just use the search feature on any of these channels.

Playlist for USA vs Japan in 2000

Hype it up, Art!
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • mikeidgemikeidge Joined: Posts: 565
    Some incentive besides just getting the game there.

The money is in fact going towards a good cause you know...

To everyone else that talks about helping the scene and doing what they can to keep ST alive....nows the time to put your $$$ where your mouth is.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    I'm waiting til almost midnight to donate ;) i won't let down our beloved ST aka the best street fighter ever made, aka the best fighting game ever made aka the most fun fighting game ever aka the fighting game for smart people.
    da hell i love boobs. (.)(.) long live boobs, boobs, booooobs!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    YOU GUYS ARE THE FUCKING BEST, LETS BRING ST TO EVO ONE MORE TIME!
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    edited February 2013
     Mr funkdoc is doing a donation stream for ST today here his twitch in case you don't have it already
    Post edited by Soto on
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w129/Agent_ZMan/1359646729308.jpg

I see the Smash guys have some pretty classy members in their community.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239

I see the Smash guys have some pretty classy members in their community.
    Don't be as gullible as Chindogg.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Don't be as gullible as Chindogg.

Oh, I know it's a fake. But what kind of a dude even pretends to defraud a charity for breast cancer?
  • Lan_DiLan_Di George Costanza Joined: Posts: 1,985

Let's make it happen!
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Oh, I know it's a fake. But what kind of a dude even pretends to defraud a charity for breast cancer?
    What kind of dude thinks Carlos Mencia is funny? I don't know why people find either amusing.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    I swear, Skullgirls has the worst luck.
  • KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    Can't i donate using Paypal? The account for Wepay use a SSN and i don't have one, and the option for the bank needs the bank routing number and thats only for US. So my only option is a credit card?
    Strike First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    damdai donate your sf 25th anniverary 3500 prize right now!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    yoooo lesss go
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    Link
    Tsuji (Claw, Boxer, Fei) vs Otochun (O.Ken, Ryu, Chun)
    MAO (Dee Jay, O.Claw, Claw) vs Otochun (Chun)
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Can't i donate using Paypal? The account for Wepay use a SSN and i don't have one, and the option for the bank needs the bank routing number and thats only for US. So my only option is a credit card?

yeah looks like they don't have paypal option.
    I think the credit card option also works with debit card, if that makes a difference for you...

guys, please don't assume that there is really a mysterious benevolent ST god that will bail us out at the end.

he/she/they have already done so much.

we need all your help (if you can) to get us back on stage!

without a concerted effort we might not get it at the end.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    guys, please don't assume that there is really a mysterious benevolent ST god that will bail us out at the end.

he/she/they have already done so much.
    Agreed. To be quite honest, we should easily have this if just the people who play online donated but 50 to it. There are dozens of French players by now and lots of American players later. And there's the Japanese. That's like 7K, which we should already have.

For those who donate to GGPO, I guess we can move a couple of monthly donations to this poll instead, and get back in 2 months.
  • qoqonutsqoqonuts New Member Joined: Posts: 487
    People wanting to donate via Paypal but don't have credit cards or routing numbers: coordinate with someone (you trust) to Paypal them the money so they can throw it at the donation drive.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    Come on lets go!

$1
    $5
    $10
    $100

Nobody cares. Throw your money. Save boobies. Bring back one of the greatest FG's in history.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Agreed. To be quite honest, we should easily have this if just the people who play online donated but 50 to it. There are dozens of French players by now and lots of American players later. And there's the Japanese. That's like 7K, which we should already have.

For those who donate to GGPO, I guess we can move a couple of monthly donations to this poll instead, and get back in 2 months.
    French ST players took the empty spot the Brazilians left, huehuehue -theBastard.Br-
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    gonna plan on donating tonight
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    I'm gonna donate 100$ at 23:59 and not a minute earlier (surprise attack :D)...LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!