ST for EVO 2013

13»

Comments

• fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    Can anyone give me a mass archive of ST videos to show on stream? Like classic, legacy stuff? I know theres a lot of goodies for ST but if you guys gave me links that would be great lol
    I hve a hard drive with 175 GB of old ST matches/ DVD/ etc.

I am trying to up-load Xmaina 2000/2001/ 3/ 5/ 7 & 8 to YouTube now. Check out X7, it's where the 2 person O.Hawk team tears it up in a 3on3 tourny.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I'm gonna donate 100$ at 23:59 and not a minute earlier (surprise attack :D)...LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

If you want your money to go in effect (in addition to cancer research), I strongly advise you not to do this literally last minute.

From my observation (checking the current donations), wepay.com is not a very big site and can go down if a lot of people are accessing it.

Also the payment gateway takes time to process your credit card, etc.

I know we want to surprise the other teams but so are they. At the end it's just about who can raise the most for cancer research.

If you want to do the last minute thing, please allow at least 30 minutes leeway for unexpected down time or processing, etc.

Please make your donation to super turbo by tonight, thursday 1/31/2013 11:30pm Pacific Time, 2:30 am Eastern Time
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • LordJimLordJim Taking it easy Joined: Posts: 1,017
    Tom Cannon @ProtomCannon
    Recent ST donations are under review. If you want to donate to ST because you think it has a chance to win, pls hold off for now. RT me!

So, yeah
    Conceived on Monday,Greenlighted on Tuesday,Developed on Wednesday,Released on Thursday,
    Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday.Tis was the end Of Injustice:Gods among us Featuring Solomon Grundy
  • ZerpestZerpest "%§/$$" Joined: Posts: 51
    If you want your money to go in effect (in addition to cancer research), I strongly advise you not to do this literally last minute.

From my observation (checking the current donations), wepay.com is not a very big site and can go down if a lot of people are accessing it.

Also the payment gateway takes time to process your credit card, etc.

I know we want to surprise the other teams but so are they. At the end it's just about who can raise the most for cancer research.

If you want to do the last minute thing, please allow at least 30 minutes leeway for unexpected down time or processing, etc.

Please make your donation to super turbo by tonight, thursday 1/31/2013 11:30pm Pacific Time, 2:30 am Eastern Time

Understood!
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Ah wtf
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • KabaLKabaL My yomi is better Joined: Posts: 1,075
    wtf'?
    ~~Where in the world is Opips2 ??~~
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,246
    Why is SRK being all crashy now all of a sudden???
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,246
    Why is SRK being all crashy now all of a sudden???
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Vids taking forever to upload....
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Tom Cannon @ProtomCannon
    Recent ST donations are under review. If you want to donate to ST because you think it has a chance to win, pls hold off for now. RT me!

So, yeah

Can't be a competitive charity event without SOME kind of drama happening. At the very least, if they're going to review ST charity numbers, they should do the same with the Melee guys in the interest of equality.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 467
    a
    I just registered to this site (SRK) and donated $100 to the ST fund. It would be sick if ST could get another event like that one last year. I haven't really played ST in years but it's like riding at bike at this point. Props to whoever pushed the donation amounts way up the last day. Can't stand new fighters....or really any new games .

If you want ST videos to run on a stream then run some highlight videos, some combo videos, and some tournament footage of old EVOs or that TOL event from last year:

I don't know how much time is left to push ST, the better game, to the top at this point. But you should just show that Tournament of Legends footage to people to get more support. Or tell the ST scene that if they hit $40K or whatever that someone will fly in AtomicBoy or YuuVega or whoever. Some incentive besides just getting the game there.

Best username ever on Srk.
    Welcome to the forum
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Joey Cuellar ‏@MrWizardSRK

For everyone in a holding pattern regarding donations, we won't have an answer today. We still encourage you to donate to BCRF4Evo! #evo2k
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259
    Sabin, put me on stream. I'll be on GGPO tonight. Also, if ST wins then I'll be at EVO...
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,164
    So, is it over? Smash is at 60k and ST donations froze at almost 40k.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    It's probably over. Smash guys pulled ahead pretty quickly, and any momentum ST had got neutered by this whole Wepay reviewing the ST donations, and Tom Cannon suggesting to hold off donating to ST in the interim.
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • stevefromdaeaststevefromdaeast Joined: Posts: 22
    smash bros' donated 94.000 $ :(.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    It was a wild ride. Thanks for everyone who has donated for the cause (cancer research and ST@evo)
    Special thanks to sabin and spooky for running a donation drive stream and raised thousands of dollars!

We've raised over 200k among all games.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259
    DAMN SSBM donated Porshe Carrera Turbo?
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Big thanks to whoever made those enormous donations in the name of Super Turbo. Whether they're legit or not is apparently yet to be determined, but either way it made watching the race pretty hype for me. If ST wasn't on the board like that, I surely wouldn't have given a shit and probably would've spent my time in the past day and a half or so more constructively... and I'd still be $55 richer. But as someone said in the main thread, it was "evo hype before evo."

And the quest to save the titties is ever a noble one.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    And the quest to save the titties is ever a noble one.

Could this be the best quote ever... It just may be...
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,164
    Eagerly awaiting Kuroppi's announcement.
13»