Skullgirls Nominated for 8th Slot at EVO

CellsaiCellsai A Debby DownerJoined: Posts: 178
So yeah, this has been touched on in a few threads but maybe a hub for all discussion is in order?

Unless you've been living under a rock you'll have seen the announcement of EVO's 7 main games for this year, plus an 8th game to be determined by donating to a breast cancer research charity. Skullgirls is one of the possible contenders for that slot.

So what do you all think? Should SG have had one of those 7 slots? Do you think it has a chance in the polls? Did you 'vote'?

I wasn't going to bother donating to any of the games because I saw the My Little Pony fighting game in there. I like my ponies, but that fandom has a tendency to steamroll any events like this so I felt my vote would be kind of pointless (yes, I know there's charity involved, but I could just as easily give that donation money to a charity I'm actually interested in). However, the developers of that game, Mane6, recently posted a fairly large response to their nomination which has a couple of nice things to say about SG and specifically discourages bronies from just voting for Ponies sake.
LabZero's Skullgirls is in the running. We've always thought that game deserved more love. Super Smash Bros Melee is also in there, and it's one of the devs favourites from the running. And we'll appreciate it if you guys vote for them, as much as we'd appreciate if you voted for us.
If you're voting because our game has ponies on it, we thank you for your support, and it is appreciated. Personally, the devs would like to see Skullgirls, Super Smash Bros. Melee or CvS2 at EVO. If you'd like to see them too, you can vote for them instead. =)

Proper gentlemanly of them that is.
Launch party erry day
Cellsai.deviantART.com

Comments

This discussion has been closed.