UMvC3 version 2013: The feedback thread

Comments

• XGM23XGM23 Joined: Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRlmZe9LoE Hey guys im from Puerto Rico i just want to share some of my matches so i can get feedback n people can tell how can i improve it would be really helpful so hope u enjoy.. (im the Zero player)
    Post edited by XGM23 on
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 -_- Joined: Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Alright, I enjoy a challenge.  Note: some of this may overlap with what others have already said.  Also definitely do no have the time at the moment to go through every character.

System Changes:
    TAC - No meter gain, meter theft or damage boost.  Cost one meter.  Uncounterable.  The idea is to make TACs serve a safe tag into a moderate combo extension so yeah TAC infinites are gone too.

Meter Gain - Another slight nerf to overall meter gain.

X-Factor - No damage boost.  Cancelling (rapid and guard) is the same.  Duration slightly increased for each level.  Provides character specific speed boosts and significantly improved meter gain for duration.

Ratio System - If 3 vs. 3 then no changes to damage dealt or damage received.  If 3 vs. 2  OR 2 vs. 1 then the person who has fewer characters left deals more damage and takes less.  If 3 vs. 1 then the player with only one character left deals significantly more damage and takes significantly less damage.  This system is passive, continuous and constantly adjusting; i.e. if the player with only one character left in a 3 vs. 1 situation kills a character then their damage dealt and damage taken will switch to the 2 vs. 1 level.

Power-Up Supers - No meter gain while powered up.

Some character adjustments:

Hsien-Ko:
    +Fewer items for Anki-Hou
    +First Anki-Hou is random but order is set
    +cr. H OTGs (think Wolverines slide)
    +Ground Dash now has different distances depending on combination of buttons pressed (L+M = Short range teleport, M+H = Medium, L+H = long)
    +Henkyo input changes to QCB
    +Faster startup on Houten Geki

Chris:
    +Ground Shotgun now fires up-forward (Skeet Shooting)
    +Air shotgun now fires forward

Spencer:
    -Up grapple scales normally

Haggar:
    +Violent Axe (all versions) eats 10 points of low durability projectiles.

Phoenix Wright:
    +No bad evidence
    +cr. L chainable into itself during Investigation and Trial Modes
    +Launcher -1 during Investigation and Trial Modes
    -Launcher +1 during Turnabout Mode
    +Can still Discard evidence
    +Discarded evidence stays on screen until Phoenix Wright tags or is snapped out (think Codys knife) allowing Phoenix Wright to stockpile evidence
    +Discarded evidence can be picked up by crouching over it
    +Faster startup for Asssits Y

Increase damage for the following characters:
    Storm
    Firebrand
    Trish
    Chun-Li

Post edited by Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 on
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-modded-qanba-q4raf-intensity-pro-controllers-buttons-wtt-see-2nd-post-update-05-27-13/p1
    Current highlights include: Qanba Q4RAF, Blackmagic Intensity Pro and a MLG Pro Circuit Controller
  • tabs2002tabs2002 Joined: Posts: 301
    Trish

- round trip should start up faster
    - peekaboo ignores HSD
    - buff her damage and meter buid by 10-15%
    - increase low voltage durability

TTT2 - Jaycee, Lars
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Guesses right 100% of the time Joined: Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Densuo said:

Raw tags have sufficient risk as is. keep the overhead.
    It's a little much when trying to predict raw tags can risk getting hit low.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante, Magneto/Dante/Frank West, M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • UnCauziUnCauzi The New Messiah Joined: Posts: 483
    Raw tags are hella risky, if you could block them high it would be SOOOO easy to punish any attempt.
    ]
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes! tags shouldnt be an overhead they never were before so why now?
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    are you comparing it to mvc2 or mvc3?
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Because in UMVC3 you can roll your face on your pad/stick to kill a character and offense is retardedly favored against 95% of the cast due to low defensive options. Perish the thought that you have to worry about a goddamn raw tag that most people can't combo after.
    Post edited by WorstPlayer on
  • CanibalismCanibalism Joined: Posts: 7

-Add universal air dash

-Lower the high jump height and unzoom the camera slightly while processing

-X-Factor lvl1 / lvl2 / lvl 3 gives 110% / 120% / 140% bonus damage for 12/14/18

-While in x-factor you can use burst (combo breaker) once but ends x-factor. Although you can still use it without X-factor but it will burn all your X-factor. 

-Crouching Low attacks are no more auto fire (cancelable with anoter low attack) and they are all 5 frame start-up at best with rare exception and if you start a combo with a low attack your damage scaling is automatically set at 75%

-Some attacks can't be blocked in the air (for example you can't block ryu's shoryu in the air).

-8 Dashers should be divised in 2 categories (faster ones who travel very short distance, slower ones who travel more like Iron-man)

-Give all characters a mechanic/move that can lead to a combo from mid air

-Slow character should have more advantage, cause they die in 2 combos mostly as fast characters, and do the same damage as fast who have longer combos/options/mobility/smaller hurtbox... (nemsis/thor/hulk/haggar/Tron)

- Hitbox tweaking for many moves (foot dive, mega buster etc... and many normal moves of certain character are over the top like zero, vergil, magneto, wesker, spencer...)

A least one these capcom!

• MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    The problem with some of those is that X-Factor is slightly different for everyone. Everyone has slightly different boosts and lengths as a sort of balancing thing. Some characters also have gimmicks with XF. Hulk, for example, gets no speed boost at any level of XF, but a massive attack boost. Phoenix Wright, when in Turnabout Mode, regardless of XF level, gets a 200% bonus (though his speed still scales with XF).
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Guesses right 100% of the time Joined: Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good God, people are terrible at making suggestions for this game.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante, Magneto/Dante/Frank West, M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/jul/10/steamboy33-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-sprites-01/

^Add those sprites.
    Limit the combo system, no endless otgs. kinda like persona combo system.
    add a cool announcer back. mvc2 announcer was too chill
    better vs scree. Everything in mvc3 down to the vs screen is barebones. style that shit up

and balance some characters i guess.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • RyoseRyose Joined: Posts: 442
    Let Strider cancel any of his specials into orb shot 
    Ability to cancel gram and ame-no into orb charge
    Increase durability of tigers and hawks to em disruptor levels. Getting beat by normals is BS
    Increase damage of legion or give it actual hyper level durability so you don't get laughed at and shot in the face for using it
    Or make Ragnarok a lvl 1, half its current damage unscaled maybe 180k full scaled, speed up the initial run animation so he can connect it at the end of long combos

Speed up gram L by a few frames
    Gram H should wall bounce and hard knock down.

There now he's a decent point and still scary xfactor char
    Marvel Hiatus until 12:00 am, Nov. 15th
    My Squad vs. Your Squad
    PSN: Shishio_Alucard (Marvel, Tekken, e.t.c)
    XBL: MyNameIsSparda (Gears 3...to be continued)
    "Best Dante I've played. What stick do you use?"
    "...Dual Shock 3 sixaxis?"
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭
    >Strider needs buffs

This thread.
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • RyoseRyose Joined: Posts: 442
    edited February 2013
    Rokmode said:
    Why does graham h need to wall bounce and hard knockdown?
    Hit confirming off something that causes like 3 years of wall bounce hit stun is too hard I guess?
    Why don't we just make the opponent bounce back and forth between walls 7 times instead

Unless you want derpy raw tag combos

Buffing legion is fine, but he really doesn't need anything else. If anything, I would nerf strider or at least change him to be less braindead. The current playstyle of strider is extremely braindead, and so is his assist. Yeah, I can spot a good strider from a mile away, but I really can't when he's always played with xf3, and when he has a tracking footdive assist.

Gram H is used in combos or fullscreen pre emptively and people that get hit by it should be ashamed. Also the point was to make him viable to be played in a non braindead/assist/xfactor reliant fashion and more pressure based. With lower than avg damage and health let him pressure and convert easily. I guess if people still haven't gotten use to xf 3 vajra and ouro there's no point in changing anything. What was I thinking? 
    Post edited by Ryose on
    Marvel Hiatus until 12:00 am, Nov. 15th
    My Squad vs. Your Squad
    PSN: Shishio_Alucard (Marvel, Tekken, e.t.c)
    XBL: MyNameIsSparda (Gears 3...to be continued)
    "Best Dante I've played. What stick do you use?"
    "...Dual Shock 3 sixaxis?"
    Fix everyones Damage output so people with 750-950K wont die in 1 combo 

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 543 ✭✭
    Densuo said:
    YawDan said:
    - People are asking for Doom missiles to disappear on hit. I'm not saying you shouldn't think this, but I don't think it's at all necessary. I actually think it may harm Doom. With how long they take to come out, the only way they can be called safely is if your not in the vicinity to hit him out of it with your character, or your opponent manages to either hit you or put you in blockstun. Hidden Missile calls can be dealt with, I think we may need to look into building better teams rather than ask for this (and other things) to be nerfed.

- Stop raw tags overheading. Yeah I believe I can just go training mode and work on blocking high when I see a new character being switched in lol. But then again, I don't think a player should be rewarded for tagging their character out like this.

- Could the pushback from throw techs be removed?
    ------------------------------

can't agree with these. 

Making Doom's missiles go away will NOT affect doom at all. YES this means the assist can now only really be used with characters who can properly protect him, but at the end of the day he still has 2 other competent assists. 

Raw tags have sufficient risk as is. keep the overhead.

I actually think the Push Back from a teched throw should be INCREASED. A throw is teched the game goes back to neutral, not herp a derp option select.

Reading back, my comment on the pushback from throws was really bad lol, and not what I actually meant to say (I really do need to work on articulating my thoughts). My real issue with throw teching was that it was inconsistent for me at times. Sometimes you'd still be within range to attempt another throw afterwards repeatedly, though at other times, enough push back would incur that you'd whiff a command normal. I guess the correct solution would be to just generally increase the pushback as you said. Either way I'd just rather it caused the same results each time to rid the inconsistency it incurred.

But I am quite firm with the other two points you disputed. Though raw tags can be risky depending on the situation (they are completely safe at other times), I think being able to switch to another partner, and the fact they cause hitstun and blockstun, is enough of a reward in itself. I don't think it's necessary for you to also get a free overhead on your opponent for using it.

As far as hidden missiles goes, how good one assist is has (or shouldn't have) no bearing on how good another assist is. Besides, Plasma Beam and Molecule Shield are completely different to Hidden Missiles anyway.

Missiles already taking an extending amount of time to come down on you, by which time you could have reacted to the HUD animation, the assist call or actually seeing the missiles come out. You could have hit Doom out of it, or moved away and prepared to block them. People are also finding ways to deal with hidden missiles by improving their movement i.e. plink-dashing away from missiles, using throws or moves with cinematics to avoid missiles, or by using combos that move their character away from the missiles.  So I don't think they should be removed if Doom is hit (which stops him from sending out any more anyway) as there are already so many ways to deal with it.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spencer without unscaled grapples would suck. He would go from one of the most damaging characters in the game to like bottom 5 damage dealers. If you're going to do that, you need to change his min scaling too.

Without damage, there's 0 reason to pick him anymore.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    What if they changed the unscaled grapple to a different grapple?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
    but in vanilla didn't his grapple scale and he still did damage?

8-|
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

8-|
    No, it didn't scale. You also couldn't cancel it into super, his dash sucked, Armor piercer was 1 frame slower, ziplines didn't go as far and he didn't have death from above.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • Warring TriadWarring Triad Pensive, Nervous Theorist Joined: Posts: 216
    Gaining no meter from Vision I feel would be too much. I think it's more Missles from Doom give too much meter, Ryu builds Meter in his form, Firebrand still gains meter, Arthur still gains meter, Felica still builds meter when the helper is out, Hsien-Ko I think still build meter with Rimoukon is active and Jill can build meter during here Mad Beast level 3.

I also think it's a tactic that most if not everyone will know exactly what to do against eventually and only ChrisG seems to use Astral to it's fullest. Every other Morrigan player I've seen have just sat full screen and spammed Soul Fist and rarely do the flight part for added pressure. Though all you need to do is Super jump up and use air specials that keep you up there for a while. Doom Photons, Dorm Dark Hole or Purification or spells, Task Swings, Firebrand wall cling etc. Blocking gives much less meter.

But Morrigan isn't the problem character, it's the fact that this game has assists and just like most of the best advanced tactics, it's the combination of assists and point character tools that create these situations.

Doom missles are used cause they can protect for a while, lock people down and give good meter, IF you properly protect Doom. He is so vulnerable when doing missles, I think only Sentinel is more vulnerable when throwing out assits cause his hurtbox is huge.

So maybe slow the speed of missles down, reduce the meter gain and reduce their tracking ability a bit and I feel nobody will complain about that tactic. But like I said, I feel it's a strategy that is no longer sure fired to win matches, especially at majors. ChrisG wins BattleCircui/BigTwo/ChrisG Rent money Circuit with it a lot and the fact that Vergil lets him reset the distance of his opponent to full screen, but it's more cause he is one of the top players.

Though he can take wins with his over team, Firebrand, Ryu and Hawkeye.

On Vergil, yeah Spiral should be an option not the default, Blistering Swords should be default and Orbs should be brought down to level 1 but I've already posted that stuff in full with proper technical suggestion on a few pages back.
    The general rule seems to be if they lose the install super powers in a hard tag, they build meter. If not, they don't So you better be okay with Double Harmonizer, Double Shadowblade assist, or Double SF assist if you take away her meter gain.
    PSN: TheVeldt;; Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Sentinel
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    Yo double harmonizer + Dorm throwing flares at you ungggghhhh

8-|
    No, it didn't scale. You also couldn't cancel it into super, his dash sucked, Armor piercer was 1 frame slower, ziplines didn't go as far and he didn't have death from above.
    but he was still good...  B-)
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still complain of why they nerfed Sentinel's Rocket Punch hitstun. It makes no sense, since after a TAC (this is before all of the infinites) he can't do much anymore, and the Rocket Punch > Hard Drive loops no longer work anymore, since the weak ass hitstun causes them to pop out like a champagne cork off the bottle. 

I want the hitstun back to Vanilla level again. Better yet, give us Vanilla Sentinel (MvC2 Sent would be a god-send) back with a non-Mashable Plasma Storm with a damage buff. 

Also, why doesn't he get a minimum damage scaling buff? Give his 10% scaling to normals and specials to Zero and give his 20%/40% damage scaling to Sentinel, he's supposed to kill you off a touch and have slight trouble opening you up (like right now).

Also, why did his X-Factor get nerfed the hardest? His speed values are unchanged but he lost 50% damage in X-Factor attack boosts, coupled with the decreased minimum damage scaling (50 to 35), he now does even less damage, yet Zero and Spencer can kill very easily (including meter-positive kills)?

/Salt Rant
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,129
    These are the things I hope get nerfed:

Hidden Missiles Assist

These are the things I hope get clipped in the nuts:
    Vergil
    Zero

Don't get hit protect your neutral adapt don't patch blah blah blah fighting Vergil is basically just playing one of those matching card games. You just got a guess right a bunch of times in a row for no other reason than your opponent picked Vergil and spent one bar of meter. If you forget where the two oranges are you die.
    and make shuma and rocket raccoon not suck 

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    the problem is how...
    because their assists are pretty amazing but on point they are terrible.
  • RedFlame115RedFlame115 Joined: Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I say give Shuma the fastest teleport and a double jump. Not too sure what the raccoon is lacking in though.
    When are they going to make the lovely Jean Grey playable? I'm really tired that most of the time when I play her I have to resort to her gimmick.

I would say that these should be her changes :

Buffs - Give her 700k health
               Modify the air action nerf so that she is able to block as she falls after she air tk shots
               SLIGHTLY give her a damage buff
                make her flight start up faster so that she is able to combo off it.
                Give her healing field have the same properties as devil trigger(less recovery?) or for her to be able to combo off healing field also make the timer a bit longer. The opponent needing to be within the healing field to heal should still apply

Nerfs- Make Healing Field heal her at a tag out rate.
              Make dark phoenix a lvl 4 changing super with a timer and without the knockback similar to astral vision in the sense of frame data. Give her 375k health in this form , also when she turns back into Phoenix whatever lifes she's left with should be her life but if she has less than 375k when she activates it she would keep the health she currently had if that were the case. Lower her damage output. I would say keep the feathers because they really get in the way of Dark Phoenix's combo potential. also keep the health drain for dark phoenix but make it stop when she turns back.   (so if you want to gamble a match for dark phoenix there you go, sure they can still xfc 3 spam but you just have to let it ride) (or if you want to style with dark phoenix)

So that was really more of a buff for Phoenix as I feel she is balanced in all her other areas. But she still got that metagame to her with my changes. So people can still snap her in and end her with one combo , all they have to do is actually finish it all and not just chip her with derpy gun shots , helm breakers, soul fists, foot dives , or spiral swords. I did say give her a damage buff because she isn't a one touch kill type she needs resets. I feel she would be a mix between nova , magneto , and strider but not too op maybe top 5 but not op.

Ah wishful thinking though >.< , or realistically for a patch give her 800k health and remove dark phoenix.
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

Fuck giving Jean 700k health and fuck giving her air actions after TK shots. People don't remember how derpy that shit was? Snap her in, she holds adub which she can actually block in, fires TK shots which most characters can't do anything about, and she can teleport after them to get 50/50s. She doesn't need 700k health with how strong she is abilities wise and in XFactor 3 and she is fine as she is. She's a high risk/high reward character in Ultimate versus a low risk/ extremely high reward character like she was in vanilla, if she actually goes Dark and there is no setup vs her she wins the game 90% of the time. It's actually fun fighting Phoenix in ultimate now, and you have to not be a fraud to win with her. If you want to fraud it out at this point of the game pick Vergil anchor and go nuts with DT/Swords.

I would say it would be nice if RR got more histun on his normals especially air to airs and anti airs, that would help him out quite a bit. As far as Shuma, the only reason I'd spend 5 bucks on him is to play Mystic Ray assist.

Why when strider can have a derpy teleport and ororburos? and why should opponents get a free hit just becuase of one fireball? Nothing you can do? whats stopping a teleporting character to bring her down and kill her? (ahem dante and vergil) or simply super jumping and air throwing? Or full screen super? Same thing can be said with every other teleporting character...
    As much as I really want a balance patch when I read things like "Phoenix is unplayable" maybe its better Capcom didn't touch the game again.

edited February 2013
    She is... The only way to play her is to not get hit, rely on her counterpart, and plan your whole game around her. I want her as a normal character is all I'm saying, with at least a few tweaks since she was obviously made only to become dark phoenix. I suggested a lvl 4 dp super to try and make Capcom's concept work but meh it still seems like alot.
    Post edited by RedFlame115 on
    FChamp seems to do pretty well with her.
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does everyone wants to fuck Spencer up?
    Leave him alone. Zero and Vergil deserve it a lot more.

Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • free187sfree187s Joined: Posts: 8
    As an avid Iron Man player, I've work at him to the point where I am competitive against rank 2+ players (rank the only measuring stick I can think of). In playing as him against a plethora of different teams, I'd say these are his worst attributes: -j.H and j.S doesn't hit as far behind him to cross up as the majority of the cast does. I can understand j.H not doing it, but j.S could do it. -Lack of a true wave dash makes Iron Man's ground pressure infuriating, especially online play, but that's another topic. -Attacking after activating fly and after air dashing is very inconsistent, once again especially online play. Other than that, all of Iron Mans short comings I chalk up as making him one of those characters that is difficult, but with work you can get better. One last bit. Many people have been mentioning Doom missiles but my experience has shown Doom is easy to punish. A beam assist, random Hyper, or interrupted by an appropriate move. I can see the frustration though, and rather than a hit getting rid of missiles, a longer start up or longer after missile launch would fix it.
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    considering how the change from vanilla to ultimate was handled. I actually hope they don't update the game.  I would love to see a surge of new players, but not at the cost of screwing up a really balanced game.
    This thread is funny,
    J.D said:
    Why does everyone wants to fuck Spencer up?
    Leave him alone. Zero and Vergil deserve it a lot more.

Because Spencer is derp.  Most people can't play Zero and everyone plays Vergil.
  • JohnNumbersJohnNumbers Joined: Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    @ free187s Keep in mind most of us are referring to assist Missiles only. I think we can all agree that on point Missiles are fine the way they are atm.
    Post edited by JohnNumbers on
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    otter said:
    really balanced game.

=))

Seriously though, I honestly want to see MORE installs and most installs reworked. Gold Armor should last until Arthur gets put into a knockdown, so you get rewarded for playing a perfect Arthur, Nemesis' final form from his level 3 should appear as a level 5 that only activates while he dies during XF3. I want to see Shuma grow into the massive beast you keep seeing in the cinematic trailers. 

Fuck it, if ANYONE dies with 5 bars during XF3, they get to access a "Dark" state of some sort. Make DT also allow you to cancel specials into specials on top of everything else. Make Penance Stare like Q's one-bar super in SF3. Just make XF3 "Dark" characters more interesting if you aren't going to remove them Capcom!
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    the problem is how...
    Mystic ray is not even close to good enough to warrant having so many weaknesses
    not close at all
    Let him keep his decent assist and just buff his mobility options tremendously without giving him a teleport. He really needs more safe air options or needs his existing ones (mystic smash/shitty air dash) to be drastically buffed). Shuma is so much better at moving backwards than he is at moving forwards, which works with his charge design and his patient style, but he should still have much better forward mobility. Mystic stare also needs to be usable once the opponent gets hit but find a way, so it can't be used while the effect is on during combos because that would be quite silly. Mystic ray and mystic stare in general just need to be better on point, so it actually makes sense for them to remain as charge moves. For mystic stare, I would make it usable if you hit the opponent in the neutral like I just mentioned. (Seriously why are you punished for the opponent's mistake) Mystc ray should do more damage or something because yeah it's cool in the neutral for decent zoning, but it's not actually doing anything at all except making it look like there's a blockable when in reality ur getting tickled by a 0.0001% damage fullscreen beam. Standing H needs to have its multi hits come out quicker because the animation is misleading. His standing l should be slightly angled higher, so it actually has a decent use. His taunting during his supers need to be significantly shorter. Chaos dimension needs to be mashable in the air (lol), and it should either do a lot more damage or allow for a followup, so it's not as bad as it is now. Make his command grab slightly safer as well because whiffing that thing is always death because there is so much ridiculous recovery.

Post edited by Rokmode on
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    Rokmode said:
    the problem is how...
    Mystic ray is not even close to good enough to warrant having so many weaknesses
    not close at all
    Let him keep his decent assist and just buff his mobility options tremendously without giving him a teleport. He really needs more safe air options or needs his existing ones (mystic smash/shitty air dash) to be drastically buffed). Shuma is so much better at moving backwards than he is at moving forwards, which works with his charge design and his patient style, but he should still have much better forward mobility. Mystic stare also needs to be usable once the opponent gets hit but find a way, so it can't be used while the effect is on during combos because that would be quite silly. Mystic ray and mystic stare in general just need to be better on point, so it actually makes sense for them to remain as charge moves. For mystic stare, I would make it usable if you hit the opponent in the neutral like I just mentioned. (Seriously why are you punished for the opponent's mistake) Mystc ray should do more damage or something because yeah it's cool in the neutral for decent zoning, but it's not actually doing anything at all except making it look like there's a blockable when in reality ur getting tickled by a 0.0001% damage fullscreen beam. Standing H needs to have its multi hits come out quicker because the animation is misleading. His standing l should be slightly angled higher, so it actually has a decent use. His taunting during his supers need to be significantly shorter. Chaos dimension needs to be mashable in the air (lol), and it should either do a lot more damage or allow for a followup, so it's not as bad as it is now. Make his command grab slightly safer as well because whiffing that thing is always death because there is so much ridiculous recovery.

you are right but the move is very unique because of it being full screen (I think), otgs and hits such a large area and I can't think of an other assist that does that. I weren't saying he was like hsien-ko where because of the assist it kinda makes sense they are bad (because we do not want another gold war machine).   
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    otter said:
    really balanced game.

=))

Seriously though, I honestly want to see MORE installs and most installs reworked. Gold Armor should last until Arthur gets put into a knockdown, so you get rewarded for playing a perfect Arthur, Nemesis' final form from his level 3 should appear as a level 5 that only activates while he dies during XF3. I want to see Shuma grow into the massive beast you keep seeing in the cinematic trailers. 

Fuck it, if ANYONE dies with 5 bars during XF3, they get to access a "Dark" state of some sort. Make DT also allow you to cancel specials into specials on top of everything else. Make Penance Stare like Q's one-bar super in SF3. Just make XF3 "Dark" characters more interesting if you aren't going to remove them Capcom!

That's not what they will do. They will say "Well we watched one stream and Vergil and Zero looked really good, let's make them useless and then make some intelligent changes to the mid tier characters."

It's just not worth it. 99% balanced is better than taking another crap shoot where the odds of it being this good are low. You bitch about Arthur, and though your concerns are valid, Kinderparty just won his pool with him at Winter Brawl. This would be outside the realm of possibility in Marvel 2.

• DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 688
    The only characters I think I'm qualified to talk about are Hsien-Ko and Nemesis. To a degree Zero as well.

==Hsien-Ko==
    -Increased dash range, lower start-up, etc...
    -Can block during air dash
    -Senpu-Bu is cancellable [hit s at any point]
    -Throw air items

==Nemesis==
    -Automatic armor of 1 hit for lights, 2 for mediums and hards
    -Projectile dodge move
    -Faster dash
    -Armored command run with moves that come off it.
    -Metallic Hyper Armor on all Hyper Combos
    -Fatal Mutation has minor invincibility and can grab really close airbourne opponents.
    -Reduced stun scaling on all moves.

==Zero==
    -No Changes. If you remove the air red buster cancels of specials, you return him to the exact way he was in Vanilla
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 27
    Seriously, just nerf anchor vergil. I'm not even asking to remove sword loop or any of his other cheap shit. Just make his xfactor less overwhelming and none of that devil trigger/swords + xfactor godness.

And devil+trigger + xfactor rapidslash into combo needs to go.
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
    The problem with buffing Nemesis to much is you have to give Hulk some sauce too.  If he gets armor
    even close to Hulk H then nemesis takes Hulks main gimmick.

I say Nemesis:
    Make deadly reach into a hit throw, air okay.
    Down wards grounded rocket.
    Instant level 3 with 5 frames of invincibility.
    Faster recovery on armored moves.
    Hyper armor on all supers.

That's it. Go crazy with armor and Hulk becomes meh.

Now give Hulk something fun, like a rage mechanism/healing mechanism/or a projectile nullifying jumping fierce
    then it's game time. Maybe even a special version of the d/p super that he can use to fuckup airborne opponents