UMvC3 version 2013: The feedback thread

Comments

• KayrohKayroh Joined: Posts: 881
    I'd give strange a 4 way dash, not 8.

My picks:

Wesker
    -Just give him the buff from the start. It forces you to keep playing him point and burn resources.
    -Vanilla Rhino Charge

Spencer
    -Upgrapple 60k.

Ryu
    -Comboable Throws or some random way to OTG
    -Air shoryu
    -Cancleble shoryu after Tastu

Ken
    -Put his as in the game

Firebrand
    -Up his base damage a little bit

Doom
    -Remove HKD air S
    -For assist missles, lower them by 3. I'm ok with it staying as he gets hit because he is out there for a really long time

Dante
    -Vanilla Hammer. I have never touched Dante, but I didn't see an issue with it in vanilla

Vergil
    -Make him follow the rules of the game just like everyone else
    -Make swords 2 meters. I'm fine with its properties.

Morrigan
    -Astral vision costs 2 meters.
    "Fuck the Earth, Wind and Fire, Bitch. Fuck The Elements... And Captain Planet"
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they don't buff rocket raccoon. I don't want to have to fight any more ridiculously tiny characters.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • SubSonikSubSonik Resident Scrub Joined: Posts: 39
    Give tron something. Her vanilla jump H would be awesome. Make her drill safe on block. I don't know much about frame data and such, but something needs to be done about her ground normals, they're all pretty awful. Fix her Servbot Takeout hyper. As of now you can't xfactor or dhc out of it after the first few frames on whiff. Honestly I don't know what she needs, just something to make her viable at least...

Or just give her back gustav fire's invincibility. lol
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told everyone he was fair
    He's the model character!
    If everyone was brought up to his level yes he would be fair.
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd give strange a 4 way dash, not 8.

My picks:

Dante
    -Vanilla Hammer. I have never touched Dante, but I didn't see an issue with it in vanilla

Welp.

He doesn't need acid rain and vanilla hammer. Ultimate hammer + acid rain is good enough. Acid rain is pretty much like having an assist rain small beams all over Dante's body. Stops 8 way air dashes and meteor smashes and pretty much every durpy thing from the ground or air that isn't projectile or attack invincible.

Vanilla hammer could only be regularly punished without using XF with perfectly timed air throws which were impossible to do practically unless the opponent was doing it the entire match. It makes Vergil's helm breaker look fair especially since he could get full combos off the hard knockdown that killed.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • CrispyTacozCrispyTacoz I got those Meow Mix-ups Joined: Posts: 1,532
    I don't normally talk about this kinda stuff, but here's my Felicia input:

+Sand Splash super would be nice to have back: OTG properties and high durability should do the trick. Best used after an air combo and you are too far to OTG afterwards
    +Give her toy touch hitstun back so the self-otg into jump cancel buckler slide combos work again thus making Dancing Flash not obsolete if Sand Splash super was put back as the go-to super in the game
    + An air dash

That would definitely help her out a lot, but you know me: I'm fine with her the way she is. :3
    Follow @CrispyTacoz for updates on NorCal tournaments and new video news!
    UMvC3: Any team with Felicia in it.
    KOFXIII: Terry/K'/Iori, Kula/Mature/Yuri
    Injustice: Catwoamn/Cyborg/Green "YOLO" Lantern
  • Warring TriadWarring Triad Pensive, Nervous Theorist Joined: Posts: 216
    People just need slight adjustments where they are weak like Storm buildinb a bar for added damage or Hsien Ko & Arthur being able to move faster or eliminating unnecessary stuff like gold armor hard ko .
    a realistic nerf to Vergil is getting rid of round trip glitch cause that was obviously unintentional.

People also dont play optimal teams or explore team composition enough to see what characters actually need.
    How many Ghost Rider players have execution or attempt to play him with Dante?
    or
    Iron Fist goes well with Chun Li leg kicks so he can run high/low/throw as they come outa blockstun.

Heck people still dont see why Dr Strange is top 2 like I do ... which is why he needs no buffs.

Damage in this game is already high so characters die off a hit or DHC. Everybody doesn't need to be Magneto level. lol

I agree with this guy.
    Like give me my unscaled Web Throw <3
    Chris:
    Give him a new set of forward air shots. (All of his air shots are angled)
    This one little change would be so HUGE!
    PSN: TheVeldt;; Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Sentinel
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Strange is top 2 because of his great mobility.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    In a perfect world, these would be all the buffs Strange would be getting.
    + An airdash of some sort, could even be 8-way but with acceleration like Nova's or Iron Man's
    + Reduced startup on Flight
    + Increased range on cr.L OR make it hit low in conjunction with airdash to (finally) have an actual high-low game
    + Better tracking on level 1/2/3 Flames of the Faltine
    + Add VERY slight advantage to Mystic Sword L OR increase hitbox to hit crouching small characters so he gets a good solo blockstring
    + Increased forward/backward dash speed
    + Increased durability on Eye of Agamotto

But alas, he will probably only get the airdash buff (if at all) and couple of other useless things. I am also very wary about the scrubs whining about his damage and meter build. To that, I say...

DO NOT, for the love of the Vishanti, touch Impact Palm and level 0 Flames of the Faltine. They are my bread and butter, do NOT f*** 'em up. That's where he gets all his damage and meter build that you actually have to have the execution (and setup) to do. And it's only the truly optimized stuff where it gets to extreme cases like 1.25m and +3 bars positive with 2 assists.

Nerf TACs and X-Factor as well. They are disgusting.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    + Reduced startup on Flight

this small buff would make strange damage output broken
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • BluemanderBluemander Joined: Posts: 12
    General:
    +Counter TACs now punishable
    +Remove TAC and X-Factor Infinites

-Dormammu:
    + Air Dash on Hit(similar to Doom)
    +Release spells in midair without teleport(will only effect if on same level or higher, activation charge L will tp to ground, M charge will stay on level)
    -Reduce Chip on Stalking Flame/Chaotic Flame in X-Factor
    -Level 3 can no longer be followed up with liberation and super

-Vergil:
    +Fly During Devil Trigger
    +Helm Breaker can be canceled into Dimension Slash
    -Reduce Activation and Recovery on Helm Breaker(To Dante's HB sounds reasonable)
    -Round Trip can't be charged during Spiral Swords

Dante:
    +Jam Session can be combed into S
    -Thunderbolt no longer OTGs

Arthur:
    +Can Dash(not while in underwear)
    +Movement Speed Increased
    +King's Armor no longer falls off until after being hit once time runs out
    -Can no longer X-Factor out of Level 3

Wesker:
    +Can combo after ground throws
    -Glasses off has no affect

Zero:
    -Buster cancels removed

Wolverine:
    +Slide OTG can be comboed into special moves

Iron Man:
    +Improve mobility and damage output

Dr. Doom:
    +j. S beam will come out quicker
    -Hidden Missiles disappear if hit(both assist and normal move)

Morrigan:
    +Gets a non-hyper OTG
    -Can not build meter while in Astral Vision
    -Soul Fist can not be fly canceled

Spencer:
    -Scale Up grapple

Frank West:
    +Lower recovery on f. H

Viewtiful Joe:
    -Lower priority over Mach Speed

Sentinel:
    +Pre-Nurf status restored

Hsien-Ko:
    +Normal Dashes(Same air dash)
    +Movement Speed Increased
    -Gold Armor will not stay in assist

Haggar:
    +Fully Mashed Fists will cause hard knockdown no matter what, can not be comboed afterwards

Amaterasu:
    +Weapon Switch has better start-up and recovery

Phoenix:
    -Can not teleport when TK Traps are out

She-Hulk:
    +Vanilla Slide
    SSF4:AE: Ibuki and Ryu
    UMvC3: Team A [Ammy B/Frank A/Wesker B] Team B [Haggar A/Doom B/Wesker B]
    UMvC3: Troll Teams: [Chris B/Iron Man B/Cap. America Y] [Wright B/Dante A/Hawkeye A]
    Implying it isn't already.

Obviously, don't make it as fast as Morrigan's and don't make it so that he can airdash cancel normals like Magneto. That would just be stupid. Just shave a few frames off.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭
    Morrigan-
    ---Do not change Astral Vision.
    ---Reduce start up on Finishing Shower
    ---Change input of Darkness Illusion to L, L forward, S, H.
    ---Give her a normal ground dash ala Lilith or Marvel vs Capcom 1/2
    Magneto-
    ---c.H OTG.
    Wesker-
    ---Change Rhino Charge start up to 1+0, active for 20 frames, punishable recovery on whiff.
    ---Make all Tiger Uppercut follows guaranteed.
    -Making them counterble on reaction- 15-20f window with colors

They're 15 frame right now, that's the aboslutely smallest time window that can be considered reactable at all. 30f break window would be better. That's long enough that you desrve to be infnited if you miss it. That is, unless we can just have TACs simply cause hard knockdown and do nothing other than safe tag to finish air combos without sacrificing red health.

Will post or edit more in later work picked up the moment I started typing.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    .......I'm going to be honest with say that I'm completely afraid of Capcom fucking with this game.

-PS3 lag, why the hell is the Vita a better system to run than the PS3. They also need to prevent hitstop lag in when you Bolo 2 characters in a combo.
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    Firebrand
    -Up his base damage a little bit

I've mained this guy since day one of Marvel and I'm gonna say that as much as I complain about Firebrand's damage. He does not need any sort of Damage buff.
    Looking at the priority of Bon Voyage and Firebrand's godlike neutral is a testament that he was designed to open people up and then pass the person along to someone else for a kill. His "sickly-little-girl" damage output is the only thing keeping him from not being broken.

Still, Firebrand could have better solo mix-ups. Just in case he has to fend for himself without assists.
    I think having a very fast flight and a horizontal (1-way) air-dash would solidify Firebrand.
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Morrigan-
    ---Do not change Astral Vision.
    ---Reduce start up on Finishing Shower
    ---Change input of Darkness Illusion to L, L forward, S, H.
    ---Give her a normal ground dash ala Lilith or Marvel vs Capcom 1/2
    Wesker-
    ---Change Rhino Charge start up to 1+0, active for 20 frames, punishable recovery on whiff.
    ---Make all Tiger Uppercut follows guaranteed.

They're 15 frame right now, that's the aboslutely smallest time window that can be considered reactable at all. 30f break window would be better. That's long enough that you desrve to be infnited if you miss it. That is, unless we can just have TACs simply cause hard knockdown and do nothing other than safe tag to finish air combos without sacrificing red health.

Will post or edit more in later work picked up the moment I started typing.
    Like these so far.
    Do you accidently throw out Darkness Illusion as well? xD
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    Are we getting an update sure?
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    [SIZE=15px]- Azula[/SIZE]
    I've mained this guy since day one of Marvel and I'm gonna say that as much as I complain about Firebrand's damage. He does not need any sort of Damage buff.
    Looking at the priority of Bon Voyage and Firebrand's godlike neutral is a testament that he was designed to open people up and then pass the person along to someone else for a kill. His "sickly-little-girl" damage output is the only thing keeping him from not being broken.

Still, Firebrand could have better solo mix-ups. Just in case he has to fend for himself without assists.
    I think having a very fast flight and a horizontal (1-way) air-dash would solidify Firebrand.
    That's what air QCB M is for.
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732
    That's what air QCB M is for.
    It's angled, I want something like VJ's air-dash.
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • McTeaseMcTease Nay Joined: Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    For Iron Man:
    + ground dashes are normal-cancelable.
    + faster air dashes
    + faster start-up on launcher

I think with just these 3 buffs, Iron Man would be a good character yet not to the point where it seems too much. The only thing that I really wish for him that may seem borderline ridiculous would be replacing the angled Proton Cannon to something similar to that of War Destroyer; a la War Machine in both MvC and MvC2.
    Don't say my car's topless, say the titties is out.
    Buff Storm, Tron, and She-Hulk also. They deserve it.

Increase Storm's minimum damage scaling and meter build (she had ass meter build in VANILLA for heaven's sake), give She-Hulk her Vanilla slide back, make Emerald Cannon forced wallbounce, etc.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron Fist:

- AA Command Throw and Ground Command Throw. Make AA command throw similar to Haggar's.
    - Make cr.l a low and buff the range
    - Allow Chi to be cancelled into Rekkas
    - Slightly more hitstun on air normals (Or at least S) to allow for consistent normal jump height conversions
    - Allow Dragon Fang to be executed off a wall jump
    Strider still sucks.
  • Black Belt JonesBlack Belt Jones Man, you come right out of a comic book! Joined: Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Chris needs some anti-airs.

Can we PLEASE give Spider-Man his QCB+ATK back for Web Swing?

Make HM disappear when Doom gets hit as an assist.

That's about all I have so far.
    You have just now read my post in the voice of Jim Kelly. If not, no big deal. I'm too busy looking GOOD.
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭
    For Iron Man:
    + ground dashes are normal-cancelable.
    + faster air dashes
    + faster start-up on launcher

I think with just these 3 buffs, Iron Man would be a good character yet not to the point where it seems too much. The only thing that I really wish for him that may seem borderline ridiculous would be replacing the angled Proton Cannon to something similar to that of War Destroyer; a la War Machine in both MvC and MvC2.

Needs moar kneedive.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Dante/Vergil/Magneto
    PSN: davidyes
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Marvel/Capcom,

Please ignore everything everyone is saying about nerfs and buffs.

Thx you
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
  • ClawwwClawww Joined: Posts: 273
    Yo, make Final Justice not a total piece of crap.
  • ClimhazzardousClimhazzardous I am home Countess! Joined: Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Dear Marvel/Capcom,

Thx you

QFFT

only thing that needs to be reworked is the TAC system, Zero's Scaling, and Vergils C.H. buff the low tiers slightly as everyone can do work already, going to overboard will break shit.
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERAL GAME CHANGE. THROWS ARE NOW TWO ATTACK BUTTONS instead of simply ONE.

This gets rid of the stupid, unneeded and ridiculously powerful OSes some characters have and makes the game slightly "smarter".

Zero
    Reduced hitboxes on normals
    Raikozen is subject to intense HSD and Scaling
    Buster takes ~3 marvel seconds longer to charge.

Vergil
    Helm Breaker looses back hitbox
    Tutu is 2 meters instead of one.
    Rapid Slash has more startup frames, more punishable.
    Dimension slash doesn't cross up.
    Get rid of RT glitch.

Doom
    Missiles disappear on hit (assist). On Point, missiles do not disappear.
    Foot Dive doesn't have 28905738 frames to convert off of.

Arthur
    Dash
    Does not get punished for Loosing armor, just simply reverts (or a soft KD with 2 frames of invincibility, doesn't retain it as an assist)
    Can chain different projectiles on the ground/air

TACS DO NOT EXIST.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • ClimhazzardousClimhazzardous I am home Countess! Joined: Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I don't think rapid slash needs to nerfed.

Really to fix Vergil just take away soft knockdown on his C.H. There goes a majority of his stupid and he won't be able to kill off of any touch unless he utilizes RT Glitch.
    But isn't RT Glitch... a glitch? Won't they fix that?
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
  • Mr Mew MewMr Mew Mew Joined: Posts: 29
    Make Phoenix Wright's overhead count as airborne after startup so he can't be grabbed out of it.

Keep Nemesis' level 3 as is, but make it a ground AND air grab. He's a monster don't get close to him~ Of course just being able to choose the direction of the level 3 would be cool (LM for ground, MH for air, LH for vertical or hold button post flash if you wanna go overboard). Whiffed ground command grab super canceled into AA level 3 grab etc
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Firebrand-
      + More damage to make him not low tier.

Fixed.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 25,537 mod
    Every "transformation" hyper (Strider Orbs, etc.) should have the same meter build as Astral Vision. This is Marvel, not Super Mediocre Characters Fighter IV.

Heck, they shouldn't even touch the top tiers, they represent where the game and the characters should be at. Buff the lower tiers to their level.
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online.
    Netcode. It's completely inadequate, and would be the worst if it weren't for KOFXIII. When you see two players from the same state... the same area within the same state... a state with better internet infrastructure than a large majority of the US... suffer through game-stopping lag, you know that it isn't completely on us to get off our wireless connections and stop streaming while downloading who knows what.

You've proven with SFxT that you can use good netcode. Do it again. If you are afraid that rollback netcode isn't going to work, then at least give players a choice between rollback and input delay so that they can choose for themselves.

Other small things to boost online: replay channel, online tournament brackets, 'best of' instead of single elimination in a lobby, etc.

System Mechanics.
    TACs. Do SOMETHING to them that doesn't make them so utterly powerful. The whole concept of a RPS mechanic being a good idea was beyond me to begin with, but I guess it's too late to get rid of them. Get rid of the infinite-causing glitch at least, but that's the bare minimum. The mechanic is far too powerful even without it.

HSD. It favors some characters far greater than others. It doesn't do what it was meant to do, which is to prevent infinites and TODs - it simply creates a built-in stratification. Some characters can't get past 500k+ before it kicks in and drops a combo, while other characters can do 1.3m+ meter neutral before it becomes a factor. Fix it.

Characters.
    Spoiler:
    Fun stuff.
    Color Edit. Even if Marvel won't let us color edit their characters, at least let us color edit the Capcom cast. No neon/glowing colors, please.

Magneto's 'DLC' alt. Give us a new one if we can't use that one.

Survival/Time Attack Modes. Perhaps with power ups a la Garou: Mark of the Wolves. I always have fun with these sort of things and I know others do as well. It's not like they are hard to make anyway...
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced the problem with Wright is finding evidence. It's more landing the Objection. Maybe give it the same start up as Trial "Hold It?" Would make it easier to combo into.

Give Wright Maya in Trial. Maybe move one of the paper works to DPB. Maybe Missile as an actual move :df:+:h: makes sense.

I don't need infinite Tunabout. But more than 20 seconds would be nice.

Also, make cr.:h: a low in Turnabout. Maybe then he can actually mix people up.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
  • BakedNinjaBakedNinja . Joined: Posts: 327 ✭✭
    I will keep it simple but effective:

Combo from TAC break with reduced HSD. The counterer also has the reward for whatever TAC direction he broke. Also make the TAC break window larger

Even more damage scaling from Ls as well as less meter gain

Both players get one "burst"

All XF durations decreased

Add some new assists i.e L or M trigger happy, Dark Matter, Rolling Hook, More invicible AA assists..etc

Choose which side you enter after a character dies

Pushblocking assist now affects point character

SLIGHT overall damage decrease

Make plinking easier

Make Orbs beat Swords :]
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these changes are so ridiculously bad that I cannot even begin. . .
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Just fix the netcode and make Thor as good as Zero. Not much else needs to be done other than that.
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Give Mag and Doom's rapid c:l: to She-Hulk.
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Nova's airthrow conversion time. No reason for this dude to whiff his whole moveset and then OTG.
    Strider still sucks.
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps brozhear Joined: Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these changes are so ridiculously bad that I cannot even begin. . .
    not akuma being able to cancel specials into demon flip. That would make him so much fun to play. gogo chrisis
    Nerf Nova's airthrow conversion time. No reason for this dude to whiff his whole moveset and then OTG.
    no way, the salt must continue. whiffing moves is nothing compared to a hard tag combo anywhere on screen off both throws

my changes. only for characters I play a lot
    X-23
    + s.L and c.L blockstun and hitstun slightly increased. this will make confirms easier and make her tick throw game less stupid
    + if done early enough in a combo, she can OTG with qcf+L then link s.M for a full combo. so she can get solo combos off throws and one of her best anti-airs (S)
    + all four throws start combos
    + air qcf+L has the same amount of hitstun but pushes characters down further, faster in that time. wouldn't effect her normal combos that much. if other characters drop faster after getting hit by air qcf+L, they will end up at heights where X-23 can link a really fast ground normal more often. if they are too low, you can pop them up with air L dp first
    - x-factor speed boosts are much lower in all three levels
    - lvl3 doesn't work on people in blockstun.

Sentinel
    + j.H made significantly faster. 4-5 frames.
    + s.H hitbox buffed
    + pose for drones changed so he does not extend his hitbox by pointing his finger.
    + all hits of hard drive have hard knockdown on them except last one still does spinning knockdown. hitbox buffed so it is more reliable.
    + air rocket punch back to vanilla version
    + command grabs made easier to follow up on midscreen
    UMvC3: Magneto
  • HappyMonkHappyMonk Active Member Joined: Posts: 44
    X-factor gets divided into 4 different kinds:
    Offensive X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while hitting an enemy or the enemy is blocking a hit of yours, you receive the current speed and damage and scaling increases that X-factor would give in ultimate.
    Defensive X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in block stun, negates chip damage gives life regeneration, and increases meter gain.
    Neutral X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in a neutral state, you get the bonus damage, speed, scaling, regen and chip negation.
    Panic X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in hit stun. You don't have any X-factor duration, but you and your opponent are soft knock downed to opposite sides of the screen. Hits full screen very quickly.

That's such a cool idea. I would combine defensive and neutral.

Reactable TAC colors.
    Add Meter gain deterioration in combos.

Zero - Remove the ability to use lightning loops.
    Vergil - Lower durability and/or priority of Spiral Swords.

Sentinel - Restore health back to 1,300,000
    Hsien-ko - Space out active frames of pendulum assist. Allows for throws in between.
    Arthur - Golden Armor does not cause hard knockdown.
    Tron - Restore Gustaf Fire assist invincibility.
    Phoenix Wright - Restore invincibility of assist in Turnabout mode. Ace Attorney damage to 1,000,000

Remove randomness from moves such as Dr. Doom's Molecular shield or Strider's Legion.
  • AzureJerichoAzureJericho To go even further beyond! Joined: Posts: 1,684
    In General:

- Full version of the opening cinematic that is curiously missing currently become available along with Vanilla's animated CG movies.
    - Heroes and Heralds mode "fixed" to support offline versus
    - TAC mechanic revamp: Requires one meter per use of the mechanic, combos done post tag in of next character do not generate any meter for the attacker or the opponent, combos are subject to full hitstun decay after a set number of hits or frames post actual tag. TACs are still subject to a break at the cost of a meter from the defender.
    - X-Factor bonuses completely normalized to a set average based on the current cast values of XF2 with duration set to XF1 length; stat bonuses do NOT add multiplicatively, stack where needed.
    - Assists cannot be called while tech rolling.
    - Throw break animation added, returned to neutral state between two characters a la SF4 throw tech (goodbye BREAKBREAKBRE-- derpy H normal option selects at match start)
    - Throw techs can only be done with :f::h: or :b::h:
    - Mashing for extra damage during supers removed.
    - Replay and hit box viewers added from the Vita version of the game into this update

Characters:

Hsien-Ko (aka Put_Hsien-Ko_In_UMVC3_For_Real_This_Time)
    + Anki Hou items follow a set pattern versus a randomized item toss when determining items that will stun.
    + Pendulum/Senpu-Bu cancellable with :s: from the first frame active
    + c.:h: OTG capable and jump cancellable
    + Chuukudan Bombs mapped to :qcf::s:, OTG capable
    + Forward walk speed moderately increased, Dash-a-port and air run start up and speed dramatically increased with persistent momentum on the latter.
    + Command grab properties changed, :l: & :m: act as ground grabs, :h: changed to anti-air command grab
    - Gold Armor mode duration decreased by half on point (to accommodate her other buffs)

Morrigan
    - Astral Vision mirrored Soul Fist(s) disappear when Morrigan is hit
    - Morrigan builds 1/3 less meter during AV's duration
    + Soul Fist assist replaced with Soul Drain

Dante
    + Minimum scaling on normals and specials brought up to 5% and 10% respectively
    + Hitstun and push back on normals re-evaluated, brought back to near Vanilla levels.
    + Can now air dash and ground dash (2ATK) while holding/charging Multi-Lock

Viper
    + Optic Laser replaces Thunder Knuckle :h: as an assist; high hitstun but doesn't cause any special knockdown states.
    - Minimum scaling values lowered to 10/10 respectively.
    - Decrease number of frames of invulnerability on EX Seismo

Zero
    - Minimum scaling values lowered to 10/10 respectively
    - Lightning doesn't persist if Buster Cancel occurs on first frames (Zero has to travel moderately)

Vergil

+ Can rekka Judgement Cut :l: to :m: to :h:
    + Judgement Cut is now Air OK
    - Helm Splitter back hitbox re-evaluated
    - c.:h: now subject to HSD
    - Blistering Swords set as default formation for the Swords hyper; Spiral Swords activated with :qcb::s:/Crown of Swords activated with :qcf::s:
    - Durability decreased on Spiral Swords formation
    - Minimum scaling decreased to 10/10 respectively

Strider
    + Formation A1, A2 & C all active on first frame
    + Form B Shot now Air OK; Form B Shot can now cancel all specials.
    + Formation B when summoned persists behind Strider until he is striken or tagged out
    + Legion super given hyper durability, animal patterns set to one to minimize randomness
    + Formation C (WW2 Bomb) replaces Ame-no-murakami assist
    - Vajra assist knockdown time decreased

She-Hulk
    + Vanilla Slide and c.:l: restored

Tron
    + Vanilla j.:h: restored

Doom
    - Hidden Missiles number decrease by 1/2 the number summoned whenever Doom is sniped as an assist.
    - Foot Dive :s: is no longer dash cancellable on block.

Dr. Strange
    + 4 Way Air Dash OK
    + Daggers of Denak OTG (all variants)

Amaterasu
    + Hitstun returned to Vanilla values (arf arf arf paper arf arf arf works again)
    + Cold Shot M replaces Solar Flare, Power Slash M replaces Bloom assist.
    + Cold Shots are now Air OK

Chun Li
    + 2 way air dash OK
    + New Move Hazanshu, soft knockdown, hard knockdown or ground bounces (in relation to :l:. :m: and :h:) on hit, can OTG
    + Kikosho can now OTG

Spencer
    - Unscaled 80K on up grapple removed

Phoenix (Jean)
    + Health buffed to 400K
    + TK Trap L OTGs,
    + TK Trap M replaces TK Trap H as an assist.

Frank West
    - Hitbox on slide re-evaluated

Nova
    - Time allowed for OTG conversion decreased/no more bounce on air throw
    + Energy Javelin replaces Gravimetric Pulse assist

Viewtiful Joe
    + Red Hot Kick OTGs

Felicia
    +Toy Touch returned to Vanilla hitstun values

Iron Man
    + Vanilla mobility options restored with Ultimate dash changes

Dormammu
    + Assist selection changed to Flame Carpet, Dark Matter and Purification with minor tracking (assist call picks the Purification distance between the :l:, :m: & :h: version relative to the opposing character's distance at first call)

Haggar
    + Gains a Pipe Tomahawk move, hold :l:, :m: or :h: down, trajectory changed with button held. :l: chucks one straight up that comes downward about one Haggar in front of himself, :m: is an arc upward to about mid screen, :h: chucks one fast full screen forward but with decent start-up. Staggers on counter hit, soft knockdown on anti-air.
    + One point of super armor added to Hoodlum Launcher :m: and :h:

Magneto
    + c.:h: OTGs
    + Force Field assist replaced with Gravitation

Sentinel
    + Health buffed to 1,050K

Wesker
    - Glasses gimmick removed
    + Rhino Charge counter super returned to Vanilla specifications; invincibility during startup

I know I suck at this but hey, might as well see how this is accepted.

Work still in progress.
    UMvC3 Main: "Spy May Stride" - Viper (Burning Kick)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra) || Skullgirls: Squiggly/Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    XBL: AzureJericho || YouTube Page
  • GameHovaGameHova O.N.I.F.C. Joined: Posts: 558
    Dear Marvel/Capcom,

Thx you
    IRONMAN/DORMAMMU/STRANGE
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Haggar:
    +Fully Mashed Fists will cause hard knockdown no matter what, can not be comboed afterwards
    thats actually a pretty a pretty bad nerf to haggar unless you mean only the fully mashed one you cant combo after.
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 25,537 mod
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    She Hulk - Revert to Vanilla version.
    Tron - Also revert to Vanilla version, keep Gustaff Flame as is though.
    Hsien Ko - Get rid of Rimoukon assist. If that's what holding her back from being decent because she has a derpish assist, then fuck it. Make Rimoukon end if she tags out and done. Now make her actually decent on point, give her a big speed boost specially on her air dash, reduce the scaling on some of her multi hit moves and for the billionth time, make j.S cancel Sempu bu mid air.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • Rockrobs215Rockrobs215 Too poor to afford half the games I want Joined: Posts: 330
    First draft of balance suggestions to bring every character up to roughly Magneto-ish levels.

Notes on changes, these are mostly going to be buffs, with only a few nerfs where I feel it gives more characters the opportunity to play. The goal is to prevent characters from having as many aspects that don't work properly against the cast either because they can never get in or because the situations surrounding it are too dangerous.

System adjustments:
    TAC break is universally 15 hits at 3K damage each, however comboing afterward is much easier and more stable, make TAC colors reactable.
    X-factor gets divided into 4 different kinds:
    Offensive X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while hitting an enemy or the enemy is blocking a hit of yours, you receive the current speed and damage and scaling increases that X-factor would give in ultimate.
    Defensive X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in block stun, negates chip damage gives life regeneration, and increases meter gain.
    Neutral X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in a neutral state, you get the bonus damage, speed, scaling, regen and chip negation.
    Panic X-factor: This is what you get when you X-factor while in hit stun. You don't have any X-factor duration, but you and your opponent are soft knock downed to opposite sides of the screen. Hits full screen very quickly.
    • Akuma-
      +Allow Akuma to cancel specials into demon flip.
      +Air tatsu hits overhead.
    • Amaterasu-
      +Reduce recovery on weapon switch, both ground and air.
      +Slightly increase base damage and thus meter gain.
      +Cold Star Air Okay.
    • Arthur-
      +Gold armor rework, Does not break unless Arthur gets hit. Soft knock down on break. Gold armor allows him to dash, dash speed is around Haggar.
    • C. Viper-
      -1 more frame of start up on seismic hammer.
      -EX moves do not build meter on hit/block.
      -EX Seismic hammer costs 2 meters.
      -Reduce base damage and thus meter on all normals, specials, and hypers by 10%.
      -Increase time necessary to charge optic laser.
      +Burning kick has less recovery, air does not guard break.
      +Optic Laser assist replacing thunder knuckle assist.
      +Allow DHC into EX Seismic hammer.
    • Chris-
      +Give him an air 6C like his air 2C, except horizontal.
      +Allow him to throw grenades while in the air.
      +Make Incendiary grenade an assist over boulder punch.
    • Chun Li-
      +Remove all recovery from Kikoken and increase its durability.
      +Increase health to 950K.
    • Dante-
      -Reduce duration of Jam Session very slightly. Primarily for the assist.
      +2A start up to 6 frames.
      +Dramatically increase speed of Jet Stream horizontal movement for better carry on block, increase block stun, and make the window for both Crazy Dance and Fireworks earlier.
      -Reduce thunder bolt base damage and number of hits (should function similarly outside of X-factor because of number of hits, but make it less insane in XF)
      +Devil Trigger dramatically increases the window for Fireworks and Crazy Dance, allowing all moves that can be canceled into either to cancel earlier and for longer.
      +Devil Trigger returns Acid Rain float to vanilla status (can't be used for meter this way, but becomes way more insane as a tool for setting other things up.)
      +Increase Multilock start up, but allow Dante to continue to charge it while he does other things, including block.
    • Felicia-
      +Slightly increase base damage and thus meter gain.
      +Ask Crispytacoz for better buffs to put her at the desired balance level.
    • Firebrand-
      -Reduce block stun on all standing normals.
      0 Move hitbox of air B to function better at hitting enemies above him, worse at hitting enemies below him.
      0 Dramatically reduce block stun from 623B and make it travel and recover faster.
      -Remove meter gain in luminous body.
      +Replace demon Missile C assist with fully charged demon missile C, Firebrand is vulnerable a long time, however it would be terrifying with proper lock down tools.
      +236C in the air has the same recovery as other spitfires, does not guard break.
    • Frank West
      +Make drinking give him the equivalent of a 5 hit combos worth of experience toward leveling instead of a bonus for the pictures he takes. Still induces vomiting.
      +Air Camera does not guard break.
    • Haggar
      +During active frames 623A has hyper armor to projectiles.
    • Hsien Ko
      +Increase walk speed.
      +Increase air run speed.
      +Make Pendulum cancelable.
    • Jill
      +Increase base damage and thus meter gain slightly.
      +Reduce Feral Crouch start up by 2 frames.
    • Morrigan
      -Shadowblade hit/block stun reduced very slightly.
      -Reduce duration of Astral Vision by 25%.
      +Air Shadowblade does not use her air dash, and does not force her to leave flight mode.
      -Reduce base damage and thus meter gain of Soul Fist.
    • Nemesis
      +Armor is immediate on armored moves.
      +All light attacks start up slightly faster.
    +Level 3 has hyper armor and has 2 frame start up.
    • Phoenix Wright
      +Make 236A into an assist, replace press the witness.
      +Remove the chance to get non functional evidence, give all the 'bad evidence' effects even if they aren't as strong as the good evidence.
      +All normals faster and slightly larger hitboxes.
    • Ryu
      +Throws groundbounce for solo meterless follow ups.
      +Air tatsu hits overhead.
    • Spencer
      + air A+S zips cancellable into one another in the air for better mobility.
      +Health buff to 1,150.
      +Air version of Bionic arm straight down similar to bionic bomber.
    • Strider
      +Slight Increase base damage and thus meter gain across the board keep overall damage very similar to current level, but more meter gained while dealing it.
      +Allow Formation B summon and release in the air.
      +Allow Formation B release to cancel all specials.
      +Legion gets hyper class durability, regular specials should not beat it for free.
    • Trish
      +Increase base damage and thus meter gain.
      +Peekabo functions normally even late combo, slightly decrease its hold time over all.
    • Tron Bonne
      I don't know enough about this character to say. :( However I think she needs buffs.
    • Vergil
      -Spiral Swords split into 2 different hypers.
      -Only 5C and air C eat projectiles.
      -Reduce ground dash speed.
      Swords 1: Hyper class projectile, eats all the stuff the current one eats, but has dramatically higher start up and recovery.
      Swords 2: Low durability projectiles but has the current start up/recovery.
      +Judgement cut Air Okay.
    • Viewtiful Joe
      I don't know enough about this character to say. :( Very cautious to touch on him since he is already better than I understand.
    • Wesker
      +Return old gunshot float value.
      +Return Rhino Charge to vanilla invulnerability pre-flash.
    • Zero
      -Reduce minimum damage scaling values on specials.
      -Slightly decrease base damage to decrease meter gain.
      -4 more frames of recovery on both ground and air Busters. Should still be fine for combos, but less strong in neutral.
      +Remove the single command dash per jump cap.
    • Captain America
      +Give an air special that moves him down forward with a hitbox.
      +Reduce recovery on all normals slightly.
    • Deadpool
      +Give him 6 teleports before the explosion.
    • Doctor Doom
      -Reduce base damage across the board and thus meter gain.
      +Slightly increase walk speed and ground dash speed.
      +Reduce flight start up.
    • Doctor Strange
      +8 way air dash. Current Iron-Man variety.
    • Dormammu
      +Air Dark hole does not guard break.
    • Ghost Rider
      +Allow all 623 specials to be done in the air.
      +Increase walk and dash speed.
      +Replace hellfire A assist with 623C.
    • Hawkeye
      +Decrease pre flash start up of gimlet to 5 frames.
    • Hulk
      +Gamma charge air okay, works like the air follow ups.
    • Iron Fist
      Don't know enough about this character, needs stable air to air hit confirms into his combos.
    • Iron Man
      +Improve all air dashes.
    • Magneto
      +Faster recovery on forcefield, can combo from it on hit. Counts as throw starter for damage scaling.
      -Reduce base damage on hyper grav, magnetic blast, and air C to reduce meter gain.
    • MODOK
      +2A hitbox increase, hits all crouching characters.
    • Nova
      +Reduce start up of 2B to 9 frames.
      +As an assist gravimetric pulse does not effect his red life.
    • Phoenix
      +Increase health to vanilla levels.
      +Increase base damage levels and thus meter gain.
    • Rocket Raccoon
      +More rocket skates available in the air.
      +214 specials air okay, trap has falling hitbox until it reaches the ground.
    • Sentinel
      +Increase speed of all normals.
      +Marvel 2 crouching short instead of current 2A.
      +Decrease flight start up.
    • She Hulk
      +Replace clothesline assist with 236A assist.
      +Return 2C to vanilla status.
      +Rapid fire 2A.
    • Shuma Gorath
      Need more information for accurately adjusting Shuma.
    • Spider-Man
      +Replace spider sting assist with web throw assist.
      +Slightly increase the size of his hit boxes on all normals.
    • Storm
      +Increase base damage across the board and thus meter gain.
      +Decrease start up on projectiles slightly.
      +Air Vertical typhoon doesn't guard break.
    • Super-Skrull
      +Make air dash 4 way, forward (original), down forward, back, and down back.
    • Taskmaster
      +Air arrows do not guard break.
      +Give retreating air equivalent of Mighty Swing.
    • Thor
      +Mighty Punish air okay.
      +Increase all command throw ranges.
      +reduce recovery on all normals.
      +Reduce recovery on mighty speech.
    • Wolverine
      +Drill claw does not guard break.
      +Gets a double jump
      +Small invulnerability returned to Berzerker Slash. Not to vanilla levels however.
    • X-23
      +Air 236B wall bounces on hit for air confirms at any height.
      +Crescent scythe has medium durability and thus destroys projectiles.

Best change list so far, except the bold. 623 better in general, faster startup, but hellfire has enough uses to warrent using it occasionally. Otherwise great suggestions.
    XBL:Railgun92
    Marvel Teams: Wesker/Hawkeye/Strider, Ghost Rider/Arthur/Dante, Spencer/Dante/Doom
    Injustice: Deathstroke
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense! Joined: Posts: 2,471 mod
    Updated the 1st post with some of the more populair ideas, will update/rework later.
    Please point out any missed stuff, even I am human after all..
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    Av by Savaii64
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay just rethought a few things and I'm killing time.

Rocket Raccoon:
    While hovering Tails style give him a 6 button press option to fire his small gun.
    Traps air okay
    Traps don't disappear if hit.

MODOK:
    Stackable cubes past 9 (make it a consistent multiplier, thusly giving MODOKS a real reason to do Cube combos)
    Jamming Bomb can now be done in the air.
    Change standing H, and replace with D/F+H.
    Reset MODOKS air options after Air HBR
    C.M jump cancellable.

NEMESIS:
    Decreased recovery on command throw.
    Allow hit throw off of Deadly Reach (just frame)
    3 hits of armor on special command dash (cancellable into any move).
    Faster Armor activation.
    Crouching Bazooka
    Level 3 is considered an anti air + ground throw.
    Hyper Armor on ALL supers.

Wolverine:
    Remove his air super.
    Give some invincibility back to Berzerker Slash.
    Give him a healing super.

Deadpool:
    Allow blocking after Ninja Tricks.
    Make Level 3 counter into a level 2.
    Give new Level 3 super, where he calls out cable who Hyper viper beams.
    Leaving Pool free to move.

Hulk:
    Taunt increases hulks damage and causes him to heal.
    Change gamma wave input motion to qcf.
    Hyper Armor while charging, guardbreak and wall bounce properties on fully charged command punch.

Taskmaster:
    Increased Damage on Counters.

Akuma:
    Raging Demon Air Okay.
    Level 3 from 3rd Strike added.

Wesker:
    Return to Vanilla Wesker + eye glasses mechanic.

Super Skrull:
    Add Level two where he becomes invinsible.

Dorm:
    Purification possible in the air.
    Purification assist now tracks.

Chris:
    Horizontal Gun Shots in the air.
    U/F grounded gun shot.

Tron:
    Vanilla Version. (minus invincible assist)

Haggar:
    Armor on violent axe and command throw variants.

Jill:
    Level 3 Serum injection throw super. Causes character to fall out. Staying on screen in an OTG state for 20 Marvel seconds. (No assists can be called during this time.) New active character
    comes on screen.

Iron Fist:
    Dragon Fang is now a stand alone move, done in the air or ground.

Hsien Ko: Better ground and air dash. Air items.

Enuff madness.