UMvC3 version 2013: The feedback thread

Comments

• ItsDaveyJItsDaveyJ Joined: Posts: 283
    So I'm just curious... is the balance update speculation still? Or is it a pretty sure thing now?
    USF4: Chun
  • Blue LightningBlue Lightning Portuguese Fighter Joined: Posts: 842 ✭✭
    All speculation and it's most likely not even happening
    UMvC3: Main: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu; Former Team: Nova/Frank West/Amaterasu; Casual/Dream Team: Magneto/Dante/Frank and Doctor Doom/Dante/Frank
    USF4: Decapre
    PSN ID: BLightning91
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what's wrong with giving a High-Mid tier character minor nerfs.
    Viewtiful Joe:
    -Unable to throw a charged Voomerang in the air
    -Red Hot Kick a lot less safe.
    -Unable to combo an uppercut after his overhead. There's no reason he should get a full combo after it.
    -/+Second hit of Groovy Uppercut H should have more priority. The first hit should have less. First and second hit don't combo together.
    +Shocking Pink doesn't bounce as much, charging makes the explosion bigger.
    You tell me.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • GodotsRevengeGodotsRevenge [HE] Joined: Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tell me.
    1. I don't think I've ever seen anybody get out of TK Voomerangs. Grounded ones are good enough.
    2. Heavy Red Hot Kick is +15 on block. I think that's a bit much.
    3. Nobody else is able to get a full combo off of a standing overhead. Why should Joe?

Anyways, I sincerely apologize if my Joe nerfs were bad. This thread just needs input on Joe.
    That was a joke. Haha.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I don't think I've ever seen anybody get out of TK Voomerangs. Grounded ones are good enough.
    There are far more oppressive things than charged/TK Voomerang pressure. It can be escaped, patience is just required.
    Red Hot Kick is hardly one of the most threatening dive kicks in the game, even with how safe it is.
    3. Nobody else is able to get a full combo off of a standing overhead. Why should Joe?
    Ryu, Akuma, characters with instant overheads (not standing but just as cheap). Why take it away from Joe?
  • SodaPOPSodaPOP "Stab The Pink" Joined: Posts: 1,216

Anyways, I sincerely apologize if my Joe nerfs were bad. This thread just needs input on Joe.
    1. There's ways to beat it. Keep in mind he can't block the whole time he's charging. Things like a well timed Strider assist will smack Joe to the floor. And once Joe is hit all voomerangs (charged or uncharged) vanish.
    2. I'm unsure where you got the +15 on block number from. The Brady guide says that Joe's Heavy Red Hot Kick is +0 on block. Plus, it's hella unsafe on whiff with Joe sitting on the ground for 19 frames (though I recognize that this can be somewhat accounted for by calling certain assists before divekicking).
    3. That's kind of a weak argument against it; I mean, I could argue as to why not let him have something unique like that?

And my input for Joe is that he should have a lvl 3 that acts like Rocket Raccoon's (hits fullscreen on the ground, OTGs) so that he can lvl 3 at the end of his standard combos. 8-)
  • YorkYork Master Button Masher Joined: Posts: 80

Joe is fine the way he is, he got nothing but buffs going into Ultimate and I think they did a good job balancing him. Honestly, Joe's only real problem now is his relatively low damage output, but when you take his zoning ability and mix up potential into account I think it balances out.

I can't agree with the nerfs you listed, and here are my reasons:
    1.) Charged Voomerangs are escapable, but like <insert name here> said people get impatient, mash buttons, and get hit.
    2.) Heavy Red Hot Kick is not +15 on block, its 0. L and M Red Hot Kick are safe on block, but combo potential is limited.
    3.) Other characters have instant overheads that can combo, whats wrong with Joe's?
    4.) If groovy upper H didn't combo the move would be completely useless. Its not even safe on block now! Besides, when given the option it is almost always better to use groovy upper M anyways due to better damage scaling, and better combo potential.
    And I agree this board needs more Viewitful Joe discussion. The more I play him the more I'm convinced he is one of the better characters in the game, and I think he'll emerge to be a bigger threat in the future. I don't think he'll get picked up in large numbers because he is a technical character with low damage output, i'd like to be proven wrong though.

Edit: Beaten to it haha. I also agree that Joe should have a Level 3, I really liked the one he had in TvC.
    UMVC3 Team: Tron/Viewtiful Joe/Haggar
    XBL Gamertag: TdogCubed
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any idea regarding the startup of those charged voomerangs?

They don't charge completely during a full superjump. They take forever to charge and he's fully vulnerable during all those frames. Not to mention charged voomerangs are not a continuous blockstring, meaning you can always teleport or attack during the voomerangs, hit Joe and the charged voomerang dissapears.

Red Hot Kick H needs either an assist or super to combo off, and nowhere as good as you mentioned. And as York mentioned Groovy upper H is almost completely useless in comparison to with Groovy Upper M which is the version used in combos and blockstrings in conjunction with assists.

V.Joe is fine as he is, he's a fairly good character that is relatively underexplored. I don't think he warrants any nerfs, but not any buffs either. He's meant to be a very annoying zoning character with ridiculous unreactable mixups upclose.
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you tk the charged boomerang you actually get the full thing out before you land. that's how dieminion does and it manages to almost always have 2 on the screen once he gets going. if you jump and do it you can't otherwise. also vjoe doesn't need nerfs ffs
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't come fully out before he lands. Dieminion super jumps and charges them because otherwise Joe will be left more vulnerable to getting hit and the charged voomerangs will disappear on hit, they can only be released on the ground. ie you can mash Disruptor and hit him out of it if he's charging them up on the ground. The voomerangs are actually very annoying to deal with due to their erratic and random blockstun and hitstun while tracking, and I assume matchup inexperience too.

V.Joe definitely deserves 0 nerfs, but if one thing deserves to be nerfed it's that troll overhead. The fuck is that shit, starts up at 13f with 0 visual cues and leads to a full combo, his crL is a jab and hits low too funnily enough. He's a very fun character overall and the perfect character to troll people with along with Raccoon.

Edit: Nvm I was wrong you can get them out in the air. Still they take forever to get out in neutral and they go out on hit, so they are pretty fair overall.
    I think Joe's overhead is fine, but it really is scary how unseeable it is.
  • masuhdunkillyallmasuhdunkillyall Show me your moves! Joined: Posts: 123
    I've played Joe for a very long time, and honestly the only thing I would add to him as a buff is to make medium red hot kick otg. This would allow comboability off of both air throws, as well as buffing his damage output slightly with longer combos and also making him work with a larger variety of assists. I strongly feel he is still vastly underrated and isn't deserving of any sweeping buffs or nerfs.
    Shuma/Dorm/Hawkeye
    Joe/Doom/Hawkeye

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • YatchoYatcho Joined: Posts: 115
    Ghost Rider Buffs:
    • Heartless Spire (4H) jump and Special cancelable. Should improve his closeup game and increase combo damage off of grounded M normal confirms.
    • Magic Series (L->M->H) chainable in air and ground. Mopre damage and should make air conversions and TACs easier.
    • Ground normals can be canceled into 4H for better pressure in close quarters, as well as improved combos.
    • Improved startup frames on grounded L and M normals.
    • Improved startup frames on 623H
    IMO Ghost Rider is the worst character in the game and he needs some major buffs, these are just the start of what he needs.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO Ghost Rider is the worst character in the game and he needs some major buffs, these are just the start of what he needs.

I don't know about that. He's still way more viable than Iron Fist and Tron combined.
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. He's still way more viable than Iron Fist and Tron combined.

Nah he's not. Ghost Rider is just that terrible. He does have favourable matchups against stupid characters like Hulk and Sentinel though, and I think he can do okay against Vergil provided Vergil never puts on swords :rofl: .

Abegen has put in a lot of work with Tron and taken out great players so I dunno why people love to throw her under the bus like that. Bla blah blah.
    Strider still sucks.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,130
    Every single change list to Ghost Rider should include "chip damage chain normals". If you think that his chain normals doing a moderate amount of chip in a game with Vergil and Zero in it would be overpowered then I don't know what to tell you except you're wrong.
  • undertheicefloeundertheicefloe The riddle of steel. Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    I had a weird-ass thought in the car today: what if Haggar could dash cancel Lariat? He'd still lose health doing it so it wouldn't be a free-for-all, but it'd give him a unique way to close space during zoning pressure, as well as introduce some wacky new mix-ups.
    XBL: undertheicefloe | MVC3: Haggar / Arthur / Morrigan | ADIDALP: All Day I Dream About Laying Pipe
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    I had a weird-ass thought in the car today: what if Haggar could dash cancel Lariat? He'd still lose health doing it so it wouldn't be a free-for-all, but it'd give him a unique way to close space during zoning pressure, as well as introduce some wacky new mix-ups.
    Wouldn't that also let him combo off lariat without super or assists?

Random thought for a Phoenix Wright buff: When plinking evidence and paperwork in Trial/Turnabout, let both come out.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,130

Lariat is good enough as is. If you anti-air with it you can get a TOD combo off of pretty much any assist.

That being said Capcom buff that assist back up to Vanilla power. I didn't play vanilla MvC3 so I didn't get to experience its full glory!
    What if every j.:s:/sj.:s: worked like Foot Dive and had a hard knockdown?
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
  • NMumw1017NMumw1017 Joined: Posts: 772
    I can really only attest to the characters I play, but I really like most of Chrisis' list. I'd only alter a few things.

C Viper
    Leave her assists alone. Thunder knuckle on its own is a fairly subpar assist, but it is a pretty good CC which is something. Seismo OTGs but is pretty slow, and Burn Kick is overall mediocre too with the exception of being a combo extender and an overhead. So all of her assists have something to offer but are far from great, driving the point that she is meant to be a point character. Optic blast has great durability and a bonkers hitbox, and as an assist you could call it without it charging first, which I think was put in place to keep it from being spamable and OP. For someone with such a beastly point game, I like that her support is overall meh.
    DHC into EX Seismo. Again, I think this is a bad idea. Her hypers are pretty great. Burst Time deals good damage and is a great combo ender allowing for mostly everyone to DHC in, and Emergency Combination has an insane amount of invincibility for a lvl1, considering she also has an invincible lvl3. DHC'ing into them though is another story and they are completely unsafe unless you're willing to burn X Factor. DHC'into EX Seismo would give her a completely invincible DHC that is jump cancellable to safety, and on hit would allow her to combo and most likely regain that bar spent. She has a phenomenal set of tools of point, so her support should be comparitively weak and allowing her to do this would be a super, super strong support option.
    I don't want any nerfs to Viper, but I certainly don't think she needs a single buff.

Trish
    I love the idea of peekaboo being unaffected by HSD, and a slight damage/meter gain buff
    I would add that Trish's HSD seems overall very severe compared to others and I'd like to see that toned down.
    Give her her own, useful OTG. Preferably crH, and reduce HSD on crH. I think either this or the above change to peekaboo. Both would probably allow for massive damage and huge combos that would be too much. Either/or.
    Reduce start up on Air Raid.
    Totally unnecessary, but just for fun. If they did give her an OTG capable move, a new move using her guns would be nice to see, something similar to Dante's OTG where he shoots downward at the opponent.

Amaterasu
    Everything on Chrisis' list seems perfect. Aireal Cold Star would help deal with runaway when she's unassisted and add utility to Roasry stance.
    Replace projectile counter assist with Power Slash M

Add the Okami stage that was cut from Vanilla
  • australopitecusaustralopitecus Joined: Posts: 512
    If it canceled ONLY on whiff then this would be the most awkward movement tool ever.
    "no more sig for me"
  • undertheicefloeundertheicefloe The riddle of steel. Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    More awkward than Haggar's ghetto flight mode of hugging the air or Haggar's ghetto teleport of cr.H and roll?
    XBL: undertheicefloe | MVC3: Haggar / Arthur / Morrigan | ADIDALP: All Day I Dream About Laying Pipe
  • ZensoukenZensouken SWAGGASAURUS REX Joined: Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    I haven't read this thread post for post but my $0.02 about dealing with Morrigan fairly is by making it so when she's in Astral Vision either she builds no meter at all or when you destroy one of her projectiles then the corresponding mirrored projectile also gets destroyed simultaneously.

And I'm sure this ship has sailed but if Vergil can have Spiral Swords as a level 1 there's no reason Strider can't have Ouroboros as a level 1, c'mon! And fix Legion. it's way too random.
    ULTIMO MADUROS Y CHIMICHANGAS TRES: SIDE OF DOS EQUIS
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
  • NMumw1017NMumw1017 Joined: Posts: 772
    I haven't read this thread post for post but my $0.02 about dealing with Morrigan fairly is by making it so when she's in Astral Vision either she builds no meter at all or when you destroy one of her projectiles then the corresponding mirrored projectile also gets destroyed simultaneously.

And I'm sure this ship has sailed but if Vergil can have Spiral Swords as a level 1 there's no reason Strider can't have Ouroboros as a level 1, c'mon! And fix Legion. it's way too random.
    I think it'd be great if Spiral Swords was a lvl3, actually. Go the other way with that thought.
  • ThePhoenixWyldeThePhoenixWylde Joined: Posts: 70
    Gaining no meter from Vision I feel would be too much. I think it's more Missles from Doom give too much meter, Ryu builds Meter in his form, Firebrand still gains meter, Arthur still gains meter, Felica still builds meter when the helper is out, Hsien-Ko I think still build meter with Rimoukon is active and Jill can build meter during here Mad Beast level 3.

I also think it's a tactic that most if not everyone will know exactly what to do against eventually and only ChrisG seems to use Astral to it's fullest. Every other Morrigan player I've seen have just sat full screen and spammed Soul Fist and rarely do the flight part for added pressure. Though all you need to do is Super jump up and use air specials that keep you up there for a while. Doom Photons, Dorm Dark Hole or Purification or spells, Task Swings, Firebrand wall cling etc. Blocking gives much less meter.

But Morrigan isn't the problem character, it's the fact that this game has assists and just like most of the best advanced tactics, it's the combination of assists and point character tools that create these situations.

Doom missles are used cause they can protect for a while, lock people down and give good meter, IF you properly protect Doom. He is so vulnerable when doing missles, I think only Sentinel is more vulnerable when throwing out assits cause his hurtbox is huge.

So maybe slow the speed of missles down, reduce the meter gain and reduce their tracking ability a bit and I feel nobody will complain about that tactic. But like I said, I feel it's a strategy that is no longer sure fired to win matches, especially at majors. ChrisG wins BattleCircui/BigTwo/ChrisG Rent money Circuit with it a lot and the fact that Vergil lets him reset the distance of his opponent to full screen, but it's more cause he is one of the top players.

Though he can take wins with his over team, Firebrand, Ryu and Hawkeye.

On Vergil, yeah Spiral should be an option not the default, Blistering Swords should be default and Orbs should be brought down to level 1 but I've already posted that stuff in full with proper technical suggestion on a few pages back.
    PSN tag: WolfenD07
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did everyone forget about nemesis?
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove nemesis
    replace with bone claw wolverine
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    I posted this on page 7.

Nemesis T-Type;
    • Armour on St.:h: and Cr.:h: activate sooner.
    • New move of :qcb: :s: for a downward Rocket Launcher aimed at bottom right of screen.
    • Air Rocket Launcher fires horizontally.
    • Make Rockets medium priority or increase durability to 8 so fireballs don't beat out rockets.
    • Armour on all Launcher Slam moves activate sooner.
    • Biohazard Rush hyper armour increased to 20.
    • Fatal Mutation has invincibility frames added, frames 1 to 17.
    He is a fun character to use as is atm but I get out played when I use him cause I currently suck at getting in on people, especially those using Magneto.
    I posted this on page 7.

Nemesis T-Type;
    • Armour on St.:h: and Cr.:h: activate sooner.
    • New move of :qcb: :s: for a downward Rocket Launcher aimed at bottom right of screen.
    • Air Rocket Launcher fires horizontally.
    • Make Rockets medium priority or increase durability to 8 so fireballs don't beat out rockets.
    • Armour on all Launcher Slam moves activate sooner.
    • Biohazard Rush hyper armour increased to 20.
    • Fatal Mutation has invincibility frames added, frames 1 to 17.
    He is a fun character to use as is atm but I get out played when I use him cause I currently suck at getting in on people, especially those using Magneto.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Capcom should try to make EVERY assist good. If everyone has a good assist, everyone gets much better synergy with each other and allows for more viable teams. I think everyone from Doom to Spider-Man, Zero to Hsien-Ko, and Morrigan to Wolverine should aspire to have at least one assist on par with Strider's Vajra assist or Dante's Jam Session.
    Spoiler:
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • ChannighanChannighan Strike fear into your opponents. Joined: Posts: 5
    Give Vergil more health.
    Give Zero more health.
    Give Phoenix an unblockable.
    Give Doom 5 foot dive reps instead of 4.
    Oroboros can chip.

K bye.
    UMvC3: Wesker/Doom/Vergil
    AE2012: Ibuki
  • p0wer1337p0wer1337 Joined: Posts: 115
    Chris:
    make a majority of his moves safe,
    or the ability to empty cancel his normals and specials into prone position,
    some anti air tech ex. horizontal air shots or angled shots or something like that preferably horizontal air

Zero:
    lower increase minimum damage scaling for specials (i think right now his is 30% if it was lowered to like 10-20% make zeros work harder for lightning loop kills)

Iron Fist:
    Make it so its easier to convert of air grab/grabs
    some air specials, or some of his specials that work in the air

Phoenix Wright:
    make it so that the chances of getting evidence isn't fully random, or have a set chance of getting this good or bad evidence
    increase priority of normals
    umvc3: Chris/Zero/Dante, Zero/Vergil/Dante, Chris/Vergil/Dante
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    General:

TACs when properly countered deal damage to person who was countered, it uses wall bounce, and uses ground bounce, leaves opponent in hard knockdown state, Much like Haggar when he scores an Air counter hit with Headbutt, the player's next attack OTGs, allowing a punish.

Meter stolen from side TAC reduced to 50% a bar as opposed to a full bar. Uses wall bounce.

Meter gained from Down tac reduced to 50% a bar as opposed to a full bar. still uses ground bounce

Correct the way the opponent is bounced from Side TACs to allow proper combos (lots of times the opponent can fall out).

Remove TAC Infinites.

Haggar:

General:
    Improve hit bubbles for jL. the foot that sticks out should be a hit bubble, not a hurt bubble.
    Improve wave dash

Giant Haggar Press: Invincibility on the way up.
    Rapid Fire Fists: Correct the hyper. When he lands the damn thing it never whiffs the final 2 hits.
    Piledriver: Significant Increase in range.
    Sky High Backdrop: While I feel Thor's should be superior (to go with his great uses in air) I still think this should get a range increase.

Assists changes:
    Lariat: Health converted to red reduced to 50k from 100k. reasoning: the assist was nerfed considerably. The penalties should be lowered.

Violent Axe: Shorter Start up. Make Haggar come out either where the point is, or slightly ahead. Invincible as a Cross Over Counter, leading into a combo. Haggar being an exceptional battery, this assist would be much more welcoming to players. As an invincible CC, it would be at best, a counter leading into a combo that builds the meter back, or he's safe anyway since Violent Axe M is safe on block (+5).

Steel Pipe: significantly Faster startup.
    -----------------------

Chris:
    Improve wave dash

Grenade Toss: Increase longevity of Grenade Toss L (Land Mine). Lower start up of Grenade Toss M and H.

Combination Punch: As it stands Combination Punch L and M are nigh useless.

For Combination Punch L make the timing of it's extensions far more lenient. Combination Punch L is a weaker damage option then other things Chris can do, but if it is easier this will give weaker players something to fall back on or an easier set up into Sweep Combo.

For Combination Punch M. More lenient timing to Magnum, Make it recover faster, allowing easier extensions after it is used.

Combination Punch H. Leave as is.

Assists.

Gun Fire: lower startup 1-2 more frames, it's still too slow.
    Grenade Toss: Land Mine stays 2 seconds instead of 1.
    Boulder Punch: Make it ALWAYS cause a hard knockdown, improve it's invincibility frames when used as a Cross Over Counter.

Taskmaster:
    Improve Wave Dash

Sword Master: increase damage across the board.

--------------------------
    Vergil:

Remove Round Trip glitch, shorten charge time of Round Trip.
    Hyper change: Spiral Swords changed to Blistering Swords. Sprial Swords is now a 2 level hyper.

Strider:

Ame-no-Murakumo hits overhead, both normal and assist.
    Improve hit bubble on Excalibur
    Shorter startup on Gram

Hsien Ko
    Make her come out in FRONT of the assist caller when she uses Gong assist.
    Fix the damn gong. nullify beams fully. bounce back all projectiles, faster startup
    Cancelable Pendulum for some mixups
    increase health to 1 million

Make her item toss similar to Teddy in P4A a set order. give each item a unique effect.

Phoenix Wright
    Make his evidence Gather similar to Teddy in P4A a set order. give each item a unique effect.
    OR
    Make his Evidence Gather and tossing Bad Evidence SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

if Phoenix Wright is tagged out via ANY means (hard tag, snap back, DHC) ANY bad evidence is removed from his inventory.

Ghost Rider
    make his snapback 1 frame. just like snapbacks were in vanilla.
    improve startup on Judgment Strike

Iron Fist
    Improve Air Normals
    Air Throw ground bounces

Sentinel
    health to 1 million
    Improve bomb drones.

Doom
    Missiles go away when hit as an assist.

Zero
    remove lighting loops
    if you buster cancel lightning, the lightning stops where you stopped, it does not shoot out with you staying there.
    ----------------------

Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Chris
    Give him a sniper rifle to snipe out enemies in the air.for a zoning character chris can be easily lamed out

-Sentinel
    Give him back his health

-Dante
    -Health increase
    -Dmg increase
    -faster startup on L,M

-Shuma
    Just FIX EVERYTHING ON HIM
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
  • YorkYork Master Button Masher Joined: Posts: 80
    System Changes
    -Remove TAC infinites
    -TAC combos are affected by hitstun scaling (hitstun rests at the beginning of a TAC, but increases incrementally over the length of the combo)
    -Unlock Herald Colors for all characters

Character Changes:

Viewtiful Joe
    -Red Hot Kick L and M OTG

Tron
    -Make all versions of drill safe or neutral on block (air and ground), reduce chip damage if necessary to compensate.
    -Allow drills to recover in the air (currently, she doesn't recover until she hits the ground)
    -Allow Tron to combo off of her Level 3 Command Grab
    -Increase speed, priority, and projectile durability of all versions of servbot launcher
    -Reduce hitstun scaling of all versions of bonne mixer
    -Increase projectile durability of Lunch Rush and allow Tron to x-factor the move on whiff

Haggar
    -Reduce red life penalty for lariat by half
    -Allow pipe to reflect projectiles if timed properly (air and ground versions)
    -Add invincibility frames to Haggar Press (on the way up)

Zero
    -Remove ability to charge buster during shadow hyper animation, this will allow Zero to keep his combos but will remove the ability to start lighting loops after using a buster cancel into lighting.

Doom:
    -All missiles disappear when Doom is hit (on point and as an assist)

Morrigon
    -Meter gain during Astral Vision is reduced by 50% or chip damage is reduced while in Astral Vision
    UMVC3 Team: Tron/Viewtiful Joe/Haggar
    XBL Gamertag: TdogCubed
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Please change back to the old hud and then I'll be happy.
    Post edited by RoGE9 on
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 544 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I have a few comments and suggestions;

-I've seen some people say TACs should cost a meter (but be guaranteed i.e. unable to be countered). But TACs such as the down TAC is meant to give you a meter while the side TACs gave you half a bar (and now take a meter away from your opponent). So in reality, are people saying TACs should only be used as a safe way to switch to another character? I don't see how TACs can keep their meter gaining properties while costing a meter.

- People are asking for Doom missiles to disappear on hit. I'm not saying you shouldn't think this, but I don't think it's at all necessary. I actually think it may harm Doom. With how long they take to come out, the only way they can be called safely is if your not in the vicinity to hit him out of it with your character, or your opponent manages to either hit you or put you in blockstun. Hidden Missile calls can be dealt with, I think we may need to look into building better teams rather than ask for this (and other things) to be nerfed.

In terms of my suggestions-

- Patch out all the glitches. Nova's DHC glitch, Viewtiful Joe's shocking Pink assist glitch, Vergil's round trip glitch, Zero has a jump glitch?, Sentinel's crouching medium ( :\"> ) , the glitch where if you have a dead character you can leave the screen during an enemies hyper by calling the dead characters assist etc.

-Capcom needs to tell us how they intended Hsien-Ko to be used. I argue that every character is viable in that they can have their uses, but really I don't see how she is actually viable, even with 5 bars and XF3. She's easily avoidable. I mean they told people how to deal with Ryu's crouching medium in SFxT... then proceeded to nerf it anyway. If they made her ostensibly bad they can at least justify it.

-Improve the netcode. It seems to have slyly got better on PSN recently, but still.

-Can TACs be subject to scaling? I'm a fan of infinites and TAC combos, but I wouldn't mind them being subject to slightly higher damage scaling, implications to meter building being considered.

- Stop raw tags overheading. Yeah I believe I can just go training mode and work on blocking high when I see a new character being switched in lol. But then again, I don't think a player should be rewarded for tagging their character out like this.

- Could the pushback from throw techs be removed?

*Vergil.
    Though I'd rather improve than see a character nerfed, I feel that he may need to be modified. I'd suggest a damage nerf, as I don't want to take away from his moves i.e. reducing his range or start up, but I feel that with round trip and spiral swords being able to prolong the length of his combos, reducing his damage like they did Taskmaster and Dante may be fair all things considered.

-Spiral Swords. Can they give the swords durability points rather than make it invincible? It's kind of demoralising hitting him with a beam and him just going through it into a TOD combo lol.

*Zero.

I think this character is one of the worse character designs ever. Footsies go out the window against him and he is unplayable in the right hands. Still, I only ask that they reduce the start up of his normals like crouching medium, which I believe is 4 frames, and standing hard. It's bad enough he has disjointed hit boxes on this. But I think it's bad that he can't be punished on whiff normals as he can just press another button and punish you for punishing him.

* Can Mighty Spark and Bolts of Balthalks hit low/small opponents? Though I feel these characters could become top tier if this happens lol.
    Post edited by YawDan on
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • AKZuMAKZuM I Make Blizzards Joined: Posts: 97
    just some Ideas:

Zero
    -When you buster cancel raikousen the lightening doesn't come out
    -After an Air Level-3 Buster cancels a special move, zero can no longer perform air actions
    +Adds his double Jump(always had it, was the only reason to play him over X)
    +Increase damage of Genmu Zero to 380,000
    +Rekkoha now mashable

Vergil
    -spiral swords durability decreased slightly(this move beats everything now)
    -Rapid slash,Helmbreaker start up increased(obvious)
    -Cr.H no longer causes soft knock down(This move is the reason he can sword loop for so long)
    -High Time's untechable time decreases with combo length
    -Stinger Speed reduced, can no longer be canceled on block,
    -Dark Angel No longer OTGs and damage dropped to 450,000(maybe lower)
    -Devil Trigger Airdash range decreased(a full screen airdash, really?)
    +Health increased to 900,000 (he and dante have the same body Idk why his health is lower)
    +Weight Decreased (he falls faster than dante,See above)
    +Dimension Slash now Hits properly when mashed
    +Devil Trigger only; Dark angel now costs 2 meters
    +J.m range slightly larger(helps with air combos)
    +Trick Can now be used in the air(L version only) it sends vergil straight down to the ground.
    +New Move Added: Air trick Devil Trigger only(Same as dante's)

too many of vergil's attacks completly ignore hit-stun deterioration, this is part of what makes him so brain dead(and alot of other stuff)

DISCLAIMER: I been playing these two since day 1(Vanilla For Zero) so take some of those Vergil buffs with a grain of Salt(No Pun Intended)
  • RoboticRobotic Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    If I could give vergil any nerf it would be so that blistering swords was his level one, not spiral swords.
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 998 ✭✭✭
    I swear some of these suggestions are terrible. Yall are trying to ruin entire characters

Only things Vergil needs nerfed is make his bnbs do slightly less damage and get rid of roundtrip glitch
    Zero needs more scaling on lightning loops, thats it
    Phoenix Wright needs his stance switch to be QCF S instead of down down. That way he can transition from gathering evidence to zoning better. Give him 50k more health as well.

I could go on and on but people need to be more practical in what they are asking.

Morrigan for example should have her damage output halved when in astral vision. That would make more sense than taking away meter gain
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    I can't agree with that :qcf::s: suggestion. It seems like a needless change. Kinda similar with the health.

Halved seems like a bit much. 2/3'ed? (Is that a word?)
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoenix:
    Allow healing field to heal without touching her opponent at the same rate.
    Allow dark Phoenix to be popped manually like a burst at any level.

Nemesis:
    Hyper Armor while walking
    Armored attacks have earlier armor activation.
    Have rockets cause forced wall bounce (also as an assist)
    Deady Reach tentacles can be confirmed with a hit throw.
    New Move: Rocket Jump - Nemesis aims his rocket at the ground damaging himself but propelling himself in the
    air with an active hit box. Rocket Jump is Air OK. (Takes no damage if done far enough from the ground.)
    New Move: Gattling Gun: Holding Heavy while grounded causes Nemesis to pull out his Gattling Gun. The barrel must spin for
    3 seconds before shooting. Causes massive damage. Nemesis cannot jump during the charge.

MODOK:
    Jamming Bomb Air OK
    Faster C.H and S.H
    Puddle lasts longer.
    Stackable Cubes too infinite.

Hulk:
    Does more damage the more damage that's done to him.
    Hulk heals red life quickly.
    (Wishful thinking: Banner transformation once he knocks out an opponent. Stays
    that way until the opponent beats him up for at least 300 Damage.)
    New Move: Gamma Clap - Projectile nullifying clap.

Rocket Raccoon:

New Move:
    Root: A large tree like hand swats across the screen at super jump height.
    Track ball: Rocket Raccoon can charge a release of his final blast of his super by holding H.
    Air Tiny Gun: Rocket can shoot his tiny gun at numerous angles while floating with his tail.

Taskmaster:
    New Move: Horizontal Gun Shot - Just like Wesker. Can be used after Shield Skills.

Okay I'm done....again...

• OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Just the Pop from the Stab-n-pop.

Made me laugh.
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've got new suggestions:

if a player picks zero or vergil have the disc tray eject the disc like a ninja star and decapitate said player
    Just the Pop from the Stab-n-pop.

Made me laugh.

Made me fart.
    tab said:
    i've got new suggestions:

if a player picks zero or vergil have the disc tray eject the disc like a ninja star and decapitate said player

You just killed flocker, chris g, and shit you'll probably kill yipes.....fuck...we'll have who left? Bum? FUCK
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    VASaga said:
    I swear some of these suggestions are terrible. Yall are trying to ruin entire characters

Only things Vergil needs nerfed is make his bnbs do slightly less damage and get rid of roundtrip glitch
    Zero needs more scaling on lightning loops, thats it
    Phoenix Wright needs his stance switch to be QCF S instead of down down. That way he can transition from gathering evidence to zoning better. Give him 50k more health as well.

I could go on and on but people need to be more practical in what they are asking.

Morrigan for example should have her damage output halved when in astral vision. That would make more sense than taking away meter gain
    What exactly is terrible though?

Morrigan's Astral Vision as far as a.... change would be to have it deal less chip damage on the projectiles. Keep the on-hit damage the same, if you get caught for being stupid, you deserve it, however if you block correctly you shouldn't have to eat so much damage. The Chip damage is the real killer here that causes the panic mode.

I like your idea about Phoenix Wright's stance switch with QCF S, but I want to go further, for the sake of transition, let's make it canceleable, Switching between Trial and Investigation, or the other way around, let's make it cancelable to Dashes, Specials, etc.

---
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in X-men vs Street Fighter, didn't advancing guard make you move FORWARD when you used it as opposed to simply shoving the attacker away? This could be a useful change for the mechanics of the game:

Push Blocking a physical Attack pushes the opponent away, Push Blocking a projectile (while grounded) moves the blocker forward, would probably help someone close in on keepaway.

---------------------
    YawDan said:
    - People are asking for Doom missiles to disappear on hit. I'm not saying you shouldn't think this, but I don't think it's at all necessary. I actually think it may harm Doom. With how long they take to come out, the only way they can be called safely is if your not in the vicinity to hit him out of it with your character, or your opponent manages to either hit you or put you in blockstun. Hidden Missile calls can be dealt with, I think we may need to look into building better teams rather than ask for this (and other things) to be nerfed.

- Stop raw tags overheading. Yeah I believe I can just go training mode and work on blocking high when I see a new character being switched in lol. But then again, I don't think a player should be rewarded for tagging their character out like this.

- Could the pushback from throw techs be removed?
    ------------------------------

can't agree with these. 

Making Doom's missiles go away will NOT affect doom at all. YES this means the assist can now only really be used with characters who can properly protect him, but at the end of the day he still has 2 other competent assists. 

Raw tags have sufficient risk as is. keep the overhead.

I actually think the Push Back from a teched throw should be INCREASED. A throw is teched the game goes back to neutral, not herp a derp option select.

Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
    Though I honestly hate the idea of Mode Change being move to QCF, I love the idea of it being cancelable.
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Morrigan does not need to be changed. There is only one person in the world winning with her. If there is a problem, it's hidden missiles. Its the best assist in the game by a huge margin, given to a character with two other great assists. how is that not a problem?

Ultimate went a long way in making zoning viable although still inferior to jab mashing. I would hate to see it revert back to vanilla. 

Post edited by otter on