Marvel Update Twitter Campaign

KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings.Joined: Posts: 2,649
I know a lot of folks here want more updates. Sven at Capcom USA has recently said that our voices have been heard at Capcom, but that he thinks that Marvel needs convincing. He suggested three Twitter accounts that need to receive some love:

@AgentM (Ryan Peganos)
@cbake76 (Chris Baker)
@MarvelBlip (Marvel Games, which seems to have connections to Chris Baker and others)

AgentM has responded to the numerous tweets he received:
https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/289834747251810304
https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/289836214540976130

I hate Twitter, but I've made an account just for occasions like these. It's quick, and it will help our chances of getting more content updates in the future. If this is something you care about, pitch in - it only takes a moment of your time.
"Karst" for short.
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
Support BoF2 Nina for UMvC3 DLC! - my fan moveset: http://tinyurl.com/3h2r2ck

Comments

• KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,112
    An update would be nice, but the possibility of a completely new game seems even better.

Hopefully we at least get an update.
    Persona 4:[/B][/I][/U] Main: Akihiko
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona/BBCP: PSN: I-Kef-I and KefPringlez

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
  • Rey RobinsonRey Robinson Joined: Posts: 33
    Someone get this on the front page!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll petition, but if everything gets nerfed and all the bad characters still suck...that is gonna suck.

Still a very small chance of this happening and if it does happen everyone is going to get fucked in areas they don't need to like usual. Looking forward to all of the new complaints.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Morrigan, Doom and Vergil are beating our asses too badly. Please add plot armor so they can lose.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    Just when I finally started to like Ultimate (Y'all know how I am witht his and vanilla) they talk about fuckin it up again? I don't know man. More idiotic nerfs to the fun stuff is gonna be lame.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    [SIZE=15px]- Azula[/SIZE]
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 996 ✭✭✭
    I dunno how to link to individul tweets, but Chris Baker just said this:
    "To all tweeting me, @MarvelBlip & @AgentM about more MvC: You're awesome. Nothing in the works right now, but your voice is certainly heard."

Personally, I'm glad they haven't gone patch-happy over Marvel, and have let it roll out. But there are things I wish could be better balanced (e.g. ground throws, slight things about characters), and given the time the game has had to show its roots, perhaps a patch in the future wouldn't be too out of place.
    I'll petition, but if everything gets nerfed and all the bad characters still suck...that is gonna suck.

Still a very small chance of this happening and if it does happen everyone is going to get fucked in areas they don't need to like usual. Looking forward to all of the new complaints.
    Let's be fair to Ultimate, it was mostly an excellent update in regards to character balance. Wolverine, Phoenix and Wesker weren't nerfed into oblivion, but cut back so that they better fit the whole game structure. Haggar and Arthur received slight changes that gave them completely new options. The only character that really bothers me is Vergil, and that's more so from a design viewpoint than a balance one.
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niitsuma saying no more patches for mvc3 was the best thing for this game. look at all the cool shit thats being discovered. an unfly glitch and shit? GDLK.

dont ruin it with your whining, nerds
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭
    Niitsuma saying no more patches for mvc3 was the best thing for this game. look at all the cool shit thats being discovered. an unfly glitch and shit? GDLK.

but you hate this game tho
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but you hate this game tho
    I do hate playing it, that is true.

OTOH I do enjoy seeing the neat shit people are discovering
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,649

Whining? I just want more characters and that Vita hitbox viewer.

Chris Baker responded with some tweets:
    https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/289909415522467840
    https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/289909642178478081
    "Karst" for short.
    i wouldnt mind seeing some familiar faces...i dont think the game needs any buffs or nerfs or changes though
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,649
    i wouldnt mind seeing some familiar faces...i dont think the game needs any buffs or nerfs or changes though
    The only change I 100% want is TAC reformation. I've always hated the mechanic, and I always will. Double hate is earned by the X-Factor TAC abuse and dash-cancel TAC abuse. It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.
    "Karst" for short.
    The only change I 100% want is TAC reformation. I've always hated the mechanic, and I always will. Double hate is earned by the X-Factor TAC abuse and dash-cancel TAC abuse. It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.
    I've always hated the mechanic, and I always will. Double hate is earned by the X-Factor TAC abuse and dash-cancel TAC abuse. It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.
    Double hate is earned by the X-Factor TAC abuse and dash-cancel TAC abuse. It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.
    . It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.
    It's utterly moronic that Phoenix can be countered so easily now.

FUCK PHOENIX
  • manji1manji1 bling blang blaow Joined: Posts: 122
    I just want more characters and that Vita hitbox viewer.
    This and a tweak to the netcode and a replay viewer.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol what is there to consider? Rotfl.

Like these guys are killing us. It doesnt take an evo qualifier to know that at least a few tweaks to ultimate would be just what the doctor calls for. But whatever. I'll send my tweet but I just dont see whats so difficult, its either an "okay" or "i dont think so."

TBH the only changes should be minor tweaks to better mid-bottom tier and a few tweaks to lessen top tier. And maybe some dirty inescapable character kill setups. And since I've already gotten myself into a tizzy:

OVERALL
    -bring back 3 air actions

LeiLei
    -speed up (faster dash, faster animations)
    -faster startup and recovery on projectile
    -faster startup on pendulum
    -cancel pendulum before initial swing (just like in VS)
    -damage increase

Trish
    -less HSD & more hitstun on peekaboo trap (to actually make combo opportunity)
    -make round trip useful (maybe faster startup)
    -hopscotch OTG (please god)
    -faster fly activation

Thor
    -speed increase

Storm
    -typhoon & assist ver comes out faster
    -air actions while in 'float'

Jill
    -cancelle-able command dash OR airdash

Strider
    -make orbs a lvl1 instead of lvl 3

Dormammu
    -flame carpet doesnt disappear on hit
    -pilar assist comes out faster

Morrigan
    -change NOTHING (nerfing anything about Morrigan will make her shit)

Tron
    -gustav invincibility returns

PW
    -press the witness invincibility returns

Phoenix
    -JEAN 750-780K
    -Dark Phoenix 5 meters & dies in one hit

I'm all for giving EVERYONE a little BS/something to work with so people enjoy playing the characters they like. Thats alot easier than trying to "balance". I dont know the entire cast but I would totally give those things to the mentioned above.
  • KJunkKJunk Joined: Posts: 2,950
    I would also only really want to see some minor tweaks, mostly buffs to the worst characters like Hsien-Ko, Tron, She-Hulk and the like.

TAC infinites should probably go, too.
    When's Marvel? Go see for yourself - The UMvC3 Tournament and Stream Commentary Thread V2
    Nobody can do TAC infinites lol.

Anyway, from reading the guys timeline I'm just sent into derp mode. They think people want a completely new game, which isnt going to happen. Neither are new characters. Baby steps. A tweak can be delivered in month and really pick this game up.

I would pay for a tweak.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a balance change that's what ever but the only problem I see with it is Capcom going overboard with the balance an giving out big nerfs to vergil/morridoom pretty much the characters that's on top all I want is to give buffs to the bad characters to make them godlike I know nerfs :(
    Mainly plays:UMvC3,SF4AE,GG+R
    Waiting for...BBCP
    Well we might as well just take what we can get. Even though you are right.

It seems like Capcom decides to listen and make changes sometimes, and not do nearly anything that people want, which is weird.

I also dont like the idea of letting "top players" give their input over the community anymore either, since the technicians are the ones who really break the game down through forums and the various media. And I cant think of how many times X said someones was ass then got blown up on stream live. So yeah, lets not do that either.

to be honest, if they REALLY wanted to do this, then the collective character forums should make individual threads of things that should be addressed with specific characters. Again, this is taking in consideration that Capcom and Marvel listen, to the largest street fighter forum on the internet.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,129
    Marvel being super anal about their licenses is what's preventing the game from getting an update so at least this time around people are tweeting at the right people. Marvel NEEDS to green light another update before Capcom gets to do anything, whether that's a balance patch, a whole new game, or giving Magneto a comically large sized sombrero to replace the costume they took out.
  • Sh33pSh33p New Age of Rubbish Rifling Joined: Posts: 407
    Just leave it, let the game grow. It's fine. People played 3s, ST and MvC2 for years and those games have way more problems.
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Such Heroic Nonsense! Joined: Posts: 2,462 mod
    Stuff

Thanks for the heads up Karst.

Those of you talking gameplay tweaks/nerfs/buffs should check out and post here:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/umvc3-version-2013-the-feedback-thread.174515/
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    Av by Savaii64
  • F0xhound009F0xhound009 Joined: Posts: 494
    was just a matter of time before they gave in and started to consider an update... this still doesn't mean they are gonna do it but it's def a higher possibily now than before when people just listened to what that Svenson guy had to say. I'm betting on an official announcement at EVO. (ALL IN!)
    360 Tag: CT Foxhound
    PSN: Foxhound_009
  • ReploidReploid Joined: Posts: 3
    This game sure as hell could use some more content, and sure enough, we could debate to no end what that may be...
    But if we can only have changes made to one aspect of the game, I absolutely have to say it needs to be the netcode. At this point, any time anybody whose internet connection is anything less than utterly amazing goes online, the everything that seems to breathe life into the metagame is thrown out of the window. And that is to say any attempts at spacing, timing (with regard to beating out a move fast enough) and cancels in the middle of combos are all so drastically and inconsistently altered that it makes you wonder why you ever bothered to leave training mode.

Looking at other competitive titles, such as Tekken and Soul Calibur which have graphics of far greater definition and seemingly flawless netcode, it really begs the question of whether Capcom succeeded in it's estimate of how much the online mode could do for UMVC3. For those of us who want to play at a competitive level, but have no training partner offline, there is simply no other resource for improving competency at this game. I'm personally tired of tournaments being my training. I want training FOR them.
    RANT OVER. Let's hope someone finally turns a head to some of the game's glaring issues (including, but definitely not limited to online play).

Kinda wanna also mention that I only signed in to SRK because I felt this was a legitimately crucial cause. You won't catch me on here any other day.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel being super anal about their licenses is what's preventing the game from getting an update so at least this time around people are tweeting at the right people. Marvel NEEDS to green light another update before Capcom gets to do anything, whether that's a balance patch, a whole new game, or giving Magneto a comically large sized sombrero to replace the costume they took out.

In for the sombrero.
  • emcemc Air Throw Joined: Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    we don't need big sweeping changes, just minor ones.

She-hulk, why was she nerfed so bad? They should buff her back to vanilla or at least give her something in between.

give jill some more HP or lower the frames that it takes to ready her self in feral crouch so she can use feral crouch dashes to avoid incoming attacks easier.

slightly alter some of dooms hitboxes and perhaps make missiles disappear if his assist gets attacked.

shuma gorath needs a huge buff, and speaking of DLC characters, they should become free so they are viable in all tournament settings. I can't actually believe that marvel DLC is still profitable, make it free already.

I think in general, the god tier should remain god tier and the lower tier needs buffs to help them with bad match ups.

as far as the internet goes, sure they could add better net code, perhaps a replay function like the VITA version or maybe more DLC, but this game thrives in LAN environments and I think character tweaks is the most important thing here. And regarding TAC's I'm still not sure how I feel about them, incredibly fun to execute but a little strong, so I'm not sure what direction capcom should take.
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BETTER ONLINE PLEASE!!!!
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 203
    Why would anyone want to make strider's orbs into a lv 1?
    that would instantly make strider the best anchor in the game.
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
  • Black ConvoyBlack Convoy Joined: Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Fix Iron Man's air dash and bring back vanilla Smart Bomb properties. That's all I can really recommend for the thread.

Also, I use Strider and orbs as a level 1 is stupid.
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe I read a post saying give back Dormammu's vanilla carpet. How quickly we forget how batshit good it was.
    This is offensive.
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    Honestly the only thing i want is better netcode. I already only come across 5 people online so I wish at least the code was better. (Also for Dante not to get nerfed or overbuffed in any way lol)

Umvc3 apparenly sold horribly though so an updat isnt super likely but I also would love one.

- Better netcode
    - Removal of the low risk extremely high reward luck mechanic or nerf of it
    - Minor tweaks to chars like Verg or Zeros
    - Maybe more (high fan requested) chars
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
  • Rog-SothothRog-Sothoth The Nexus has trapped your soul Joined: Posts: 99
    IMO we should be petitioning for something small so it actually stands a chance of being done.

Fixing all of the BS that happens with TACs would be the best start since that's the only truly game-breaking thing being used in tournaments.
  • Rog-SothothRog-Sothoth The Nexus has trapped your soul Joined: Posts: 99
    Honestly the only thing i want is better netcode.
    This is on the top of my priority list too but I think something like that might take a huge amount of resources so the likelihood of it actually happening is small. It's nice to dream, though.
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    or giving Magneto a comically large sized sombrero to replace the costume they took out.
    Where do I sign?
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
    Why would anyone want to make strider's orbs into a lv 1?
    that would instantly make strider the best anchor in the game.
    This isn't getting the attention it deserves. He would be so broken any team without him or a counter to him would not be competitive in the least.

I cannot get over how dumb of a change it would be.
    This is offensive.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,204 mod
    A update would be cool if they didn't change unnecessary things like instead of just changing meter build with morrgain during AV from the 100% ratio to maybe 50% or 25% and leaving the rest of her stuff alone.... But they'd nerf her normals and probably increase the damage of her missile super.

silly things like that keep me from not wanting a patch.

The chance to have cyclops, gambit, rouge though..... keep me wanting a patch.

A mvc4 would leave a bad taste in people's mouth I think...

mvc4 shouldn't drop until late 2014, if they wanted to do a completely new version.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • SouthSouth Joined: Posts: 132
    Nobody can do TAC infinites lol.

Anyway, from reading the guys timeline I'm just sent into derp mode. They think people want a completely new game, which isnt going to happen. Neither are new characters. Baby steps. A tweak can be delivered in month and really pick this game up.

I would pay for a tweak.

Recently (at the Break and APEX) Marlin and Fchamp have been doing the doom infinite all day. On stream.
    SF4: Ryu/Balrog/Chun-Li
    UMVC3: Brammy-bots/Bennett Don't Got $*!& on This [Firebrand/Sentinel/Amaterasu]
    MVC2: Jars of Dirt [RubyHeart/BlackHeart/Sentinel]
    Member of the TLC Dojo
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    snip.
    I looked up all the contact info and made this same post here days ago in the Marvel General discussion thread. -- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/umvc3-general-discussion-you-cant-control-it.149205/page-243 post#12140

and on unity
    and on event hubs
    and on gamefaqs
    and on Marvel.com
    and some other places.

You should probably give credit where credit is due.

but hey, if it gets done, it gets done.
    Monster Hunter
    Why are people not mentioning the lowering of durability of Morrigan's fireball? She can still fill the screen with them but now they're easier to get rid of.
    This is offensive.
  • 1tuffhombrey1tuffhombrey Villian Joined: Posts: 69
    Umvc3 apparenly sold horribly though so an updat isnt super likely but I also would love one.

]

To be fair, I think that was Capcom's fault for the game not selling great. Selling a new version of the game a less than a year after the og came out is a little much for the average gamer. I think we can all agree Capcom should have took a little more time releasing the first version to avoid that whole situation.

With that being said, MvC is clearly one of the more popular fighting game series (and for damn good reason) and I feel that there is enough fans of the series to keep some kinda tabs or updates going. I do like the fact that there isnt a patch every other day to let the game grow, but acting like there arnt ANY broken things about the game is a bit arrogant. Very brief balance patches and maintenance upkeep can make this game a great as we all want it to believe.

New content wouldn't hurt either, but should just push for patches first and support that first before we ask for more content. Progress is a slow process...
    We Shall Triumph
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 996 ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I think that was Capcom's fault for the game not selling great. Selling a new version of the game a less than a year after the og came out is a little much for the average gamer. I think we can all agree Capcom should have took a little more time releasing the first version to avoid that whole situation.
    I agree with you, but I believe that Marvel wanted them to release it at the time they did, to go along with their schedule of Marvel related games. Ultimate was bound to face a troubled release, it seems.

Why it couldn't have been downloadable, though, like I dearly expect this hypothetical patch to be? The clearest I heard was that it was "easier for them".
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
  • SaitsuSaitsu SILENCE! Joined: Posts: 20,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently (at the Break and APEX) Marlin and Fchamp have been doing the doom infinite all day. On stream.

Not to mention Magneto's TAC infinite is so stupid easy a toddler can do it.

This isn't pre-EVO, TAC infinites are now a true part of the game.

Also, Strider Orbs Level 1? Everyone who thinks that should happen should get a kick in the balls from a steel toed boot.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    So having orbs as a level 1 would make him somehow broken with 650k health or whatever he has? Its no more of a free mixup than Vergil swords.

Strider cant even build meter by himself like in Marvel 2, and nobody uses molecular shield. This is a preemptive argument against this.

At the least, make it a lvl 2.
    So having orbs as a level 1 would make him somehow broken with 650k health or whatever he has? Its no more of a free mixup than Vergil swords.

Strider cant even build meter by himself like in Marvel 2, and nobody uses molecular shield. This is a preemptive argument against this.

I'd be down with Orbs back to Level 1...if X-Factor didn't exist.

The only thing Strider needs is Legion to not have random formations. Give the player the control to use what Legion Formation they want, he'll be fine. He has insane mixup potential and putting Strange or Vergil behind him (more reason for the Legion control), and his damage problem is dealt with. Simple and done.

Some of your hoped changes have good intentions...but are just bad with the way the system mechanics are now. The return of Vanilla Flame Carpet and Gustaff Fire...like seriously?

And I've mentioned this multiple times when the topic comes up but I'll say it again, Jean with 750K Health is the best character in the game EASY.
    Can strider kill with ourobouros in lvl 3? I thought he needed at least 2 resets.

Dormammu is going to do what he does regardless. Its not giving him "too much" look what everyone else who already has "too much" has..

Give everyone tools. That why Soul Calibur 2 is so good.
  • AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭

Umm..yeah. Swords doesn't even give Vergil a mixup because of auto-block. Meanwhile orbs is a walking mixup tool since he can delay the shots and has a retarded high/low/fuzzy guard game.

Strider with lvl1 orbs would be the best character in the game along with making Vergil obsolete (like what Magneto does to all the other tridash characters not named Viper)

If we somehow manage to get an update I just give me Gene. Or better yet just announce MvC4 so we can get rid of the shitty system mechanics in Marvel 3. XF and hitboxes need to be reworked across the board and TAC's need to be removed.
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    If Ouroborous was a level 1 I would quit Marvel 3

And giving Jean anything over 400k health would be a terrible idea, and 400k is pushing it
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
    But Swords does give Vergil a mixup. An insane mixup at that.

Theres no way a character that cant kill in xfactor with 3 meters has the ability to be the "best character in the game"

This sounds more like a flat out refusal to learn to deal with something so unheard of as...blocking. Orbs was a lvl 1, that was the whole point of running strider doom in mvc2. Nobody blocks so beign forced to do so is so mind blowing. Strider lvl 1 orbs would make you learn to block, pushblock and whiff punish accordingly.
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    The return of Strider/Doom-style lockdown tactics would be both awesome and extremely infuriating. Sure, you can pop X-Factor to negate chip damage, but Strider with lvl 1 Ouroboros can just open you up in so many different ways anyway.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    But Swords does give Vergil a mixup. An insane mixup at that.

Theres no way a character that cant kill in xfactor with 3 meters has the ability to be the "best character in the game"

This sounds more like a flat out refusal to learn to deal with something so unheard of as...blocking. Orbs was a lvl 1, that was the whole point of running strider doom in mvc2. Nobody blocks so beign forced to do so is so mind blowing. Strider lvl 1 orbs would make you learn to block, pushblock and whiff punish accordingly.

Except he can, people are just too stupid with Strider to actually learn combos.

And you're right, everyone needs tools. STRIDER HAS THEM ALREADY. People are too lazy on Anchor Vajra/XF3 Orbs to use them. I'm telling you again, all Strider needs is the ability to control his Legion formations.

And Dorm with Vanilla Flame Carpet + 1 Frame Liberations means it will be nigh impossible to have a clean hit on him without something interrupting.

Everyone does need tools but why are we looking at characters that already have proper tools? How about we give said tools to characters that actually need them? Like the Hsien-Ko buffs you went with. Those are the characters that should be helped out. The top don't need more buffs (and they don't really need nerfs either).