Marvel Update Twitter Campaign

Comments

• AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭
    An "insane mixup" LOL yeah its pretty obvious you dont know what you're talking about.

Oh look Strider definitely can't kill with XF and 3 meters.
    Took the litmus paper test, said I'm based.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭✭
    I was exaggerating. My point still remains that making Strider just as good as the people who are already good wont hurt anything. We can agree to disagree.
    I guess so. It's just you're implying Strider isn't good which I think is a ludicrous statement. Just because no one plays him on point doesn't make him bad. Especially given how lazy the marvel 3 community is.
  • Raz0rRaz0r I disapprove Joined: Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Strider had a level one Ouroboros, he could control space for as long as he so chooses and you won't be able to do anything without risking getting hit. I can't even count how many times he could mix you up if he was able to do it just twice in a row.

This isn't Marvel 2. We lost the satellites hitting while they rotate but we've gained a system where the rings can sprinkle the entire bottom screen safely without giving you the option to counter.
    This is offensive.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,180 mod
    it could be lvl 1 if is a quarter of the time doesn't build meter and doesn't get scaled by Xfactor.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • EnDaNickofTimeEnDaNickofTime Joined: Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    This isn't Marvel 2. We lost the satellites hitting while they rotate but we've gained a system where the rings can sprinkle the entire bottom screen safely without giving you the option to counter.

I thought that strider's orbs work like vergil's swords... while the opponent is in hitstun or blockstun... the satellites have a hitbox, but if the opponent is hitting strider, they lose their hitbox...

i wouldn't mind if all characters with external objects.... (i.e. swords and such) retained their hurtbox kof style.... would be much eaiser to deal with half screen normals that way...
  • EnDaNickofTimeEnDaNickofTime Joined: Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I thought that strider's orbs work like vergil's swords... while the opponent is in hitstun or blockstun... the satellites have a hitbox, but if the opponent is hitting strider, they lose their hitbox...

i wouldn't mind if all characters with external objects.... (i.e. swords and such) retained their hurtbox kof style.... would be much eaiser to deal with half screen normals that way...
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok. So make it a lvl 2?

Strider needs some juice. Sorry to break it to the deluded Strider players who thinks he's "good" he's just decent, and on point with no meter, and lower than average health, he's definitely just decent.
    Any character sounds "decent" when you make that many dumb stipulations. He's the best anchor in the game, he's fine. He should only get a buff if XF gets toned down. Even then all he would need is a slight meter or damage buff.
  • tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653
    Need to stop talking about strider. The conversation is ridiculous to put it bluntly and unproductive.
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Remove TACs and X factor.
    Return vanilla properies flame carpet and stalking flare.
    Make Phoenix an actual character and give her 900k.
    Give IM a better air dash
    Make hsein ko playable
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up Karst.

Those of you talking gameplay tweaks/nerfs/buffs should check out and post here:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/umvc3-version-2013-the-feedback-thread.174515/

^^ Keep this thread clean from gameplay tweaks/nerfs/buffs. Theres already a thread dedicated for that

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/umvc3-version-2013-the-feedback-thread.174515/
  • SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Phoenix an actual character and give her 900k.

People really have no fucking clue how obscene Phoenix would be if she had even Zero's health.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    There's a lot of delusion in this thread. Me thinks it's just people who don't know how to play properly and want their characters overpowered again.
    This is offensive.
  • 1tuffhombrey1tuffhombrey Villian Joined: Posts: 69
    I was exaggerating. My point still remains that making Strider just as good as the people who are already good wont hurt anything. We can agree to disagree.
    i think strider could use some help, but i like orbs being a lv3. i think swords being as powerful as they are and being a lvl 1 is more of a problem.
    We Shall Triumph
  • D4GamersD4Gamers Just Like Cap! Joined: Posts: 268
    I'd be down with Orbs back to Level 1...if X-Factor didn't exist.

The only thing Strider needs is Legion to not have random formations. Give the player the control to use what Legion Formation they want, he'll be fine. He has insane mixup potential and putting Strange or Vergil behind him (more reason for the Legion control), and his damage problem is dealt with. Simple and done.

-Agreed, the only reason people believe Strider needs Orbs to be lvl. 1 is because Vergil is in the game and Most of these people play anchor strider. Strider is meant to be played as a point character, his health and mixups is proof of that. If you play anchor strider for the sole purpose of a comeback with lvl3 orbs, your doing it wrong, you are not Clockwork.
    And I've mentioned this multiple times when the topic comes up but I'll say it again, Jean with 750K Health is the best character in the game EASY.

lol seriously? I know you've probably explained it tons of times but why?
    -Vanilla MvC3: Main:Zero/ Viper/ Taskmaster I Alt: Skrull/ Wesker/ Sentinel
    -Ultimate MvC3:Main: Spencer/ Hulk/ Doom I Alt: Doom/ Akuma/ Strider
    - Currently learning: Ironfist, Dante, Frank West

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • JakeyjakeJakeyjake YOLO expert Joined: Posts: 119
    I'm no expert on game balance, but ouroboros in mvc1/2 was a level 1, it also lasted like 4 seconds.
    So if you want it level one, it's not gonna be worth it in the long run.

I really only want TAC's fixed, atleast color-code it so you have atleast some sort of chance at countering it.
    Better yet, make it a gamble with TAC, give it a hard knockdown if countered so you can attack after a failed TAC.
    -Agreed, the only reason people believe Strider needs Orbs to be lvl. 1 is because Vergil is in the game and Most of these people play anchor strider. Strider is meant to be played as a point character, his health and mixups is proof of that. If you play anchor strider for the sole purpose of a comeback with lvl3 orbs, your doing it wrong, you are not Clockwork.

lol seriously? I know you've probably explained it tons of times but why?

Some of the best mobility in the game, great mixup potential, Overdrive Assist is basically Vanilla Tatsu. But the main reason is HEALING FIELD. That 750K turns into a Million or higher when she has that on. Hell she can somewhat tank hits even now with Healing Field (though she'll still die in one combo and any sort of keepaway would not be her friend). People don't really realize how much red health damage is done, usually because we're killing in a combo or doing enough damage that it's nearly irrelevant. When Jean has Healing Field and you're attacking her, you learn really quickly. She also has Phoenix Rage which is still a damn good utility hyper and thanks to its wallbounce, really easy to do things like Vergil Sword Loops and Strange FoF loops off of it. And of course, she still a fucking terror at anchor if you want her to go there since she still has that fun easy-mode TK Trap infinite along with the increased speed and power. And with the X-Factor health regen combined with Healing Field...well you better hope she doesn't have full health.

Jean would have to forgo a complete rebalance to even justify the change to the point that Jean would probably be better off removed from the game outright since she's designed in a way that she's either completely bonkers, or too big a risk to use at all.
  • RoboticRobotic Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    How to fix 750K health Jean:

Remove her teleport.

Fixed.
    How to truly fix 750K Jean:

Don't give her 750K health.

Fixed.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭
    Why are people not mentioning the lowering of durability of Morrigan's fireball? She can still fill the screen with them but now they're easier to get rid of.

either this or remove her ability to build meter during AV... even if you dodge as much as you can till HM pushes you down into the maze and then block the rest morrigan's are already building back 2/3rds of a bar during AV just from block strings... while dealing massive chip, staying safe and maintaining an advantage

that and maybe removing soft knockdown from vergil's Cr.H would be the only 2 nerfs i would even really look at, everything else just some minor buffs here and there and better netcode.
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    If there was another version of the game I'd like Iron Man to get a few new moves.

I'm coming from a total scrub perspective, I know, but I want Tony to reflect his comic/movie counter part better. No way in 10 years Tony wouldn't have upgraded his suit at all. He has the same moves he had in MvC2. I'd like to see him with an extra move or two. Tons of stuff to draw from in both movies and comics. Wrist rockets, melee moves, tracking missiles, a command throw, ect. Also, fix his dashes and give him double jump back.

Anyway, I feel like they treat him like Guile. Same moves and nothing changes.
    Monster Hunter
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,129
    If there was another version of the game I'd like Iron Man to get a few new moves.

I'm coming from a total scrub perspective, I know, but I want Tony to reflect his comic/movie counter part better. No way in 10 years Tony wouldn't have upgraded his suit at all. He has the same moves he had in MvC2. I'd like to see him with an extra move or two. Tons of stuff to draw from in both movies and comics. Wrist rockets, melee moves, tracking missiles, a command throw, ect. Also, fix his dashes and give him double jump back.

I just want them to take Iron Man's existing skillset and improve it so he's the best mid range character in the game.

Smart Bombs should be massively improved, either make them controllable or give them homing abilities. His jump focus shot should gain the same properties of real sword normals, Unibeam should best beam in the game in terms of startup, durability, and recovery. Iron Man should be allowed more air dashes after special moves than any other character in the game, maybe two or three. Also let him flight cancel his special moves, he used to have that in beta UMvC3 and they took it away for some reason.

I like how Capcom wanted to make him a unique eight way dash/flight character and built his skillset as a sort of "jack of all trades" character or whatever, but they didn't do a good job and he's bad at everything, with a few solid tools keeping him playable. I want Iron Man to actually be good at something. As of now he does nothing better than any dash/flight character, except maybe the range of his super jump height confirms (at least in my opinion).

Also for the love of god please make his atrocious ground dash better. So dumb, Iron Man's got so many problems but that's the biggest.
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    I just want them to take Iron Man's existing skillset and improve it so he's the best mid range character in the game.

Smart Bombs should be massively improved, either make them controllable or give them homing abilities. His jump focus shot should gain the same properties of real sword normals, Unibeam should best beam in the game in terms of startup, durability, and recovery. Iron Man should be allowed more air dashes after special moves than any other character in the game, maybe two or three. Also let him flight cancel his special moves, he used to have that in beta UMvC3 and they took it away for some reason.

I like how Capcom wanted to make him a unique eight way dash/flight character and built his skillset as a sort of "jack of all trades" character or whatever, but they didn't do a good job and he's bad at everything, with a few solid tools keeping him playable. I want Iron Man to actually be good at something. As of now he does nothing better than any dash/flight character, except maybe the range of his super jump height confirms (at least in my opinion).

Also for the love of god please make his atrocious ground dash better. So dumb, Iron Man's got so many problems but that's the biggest.
    Totally agree with you.

It's funny because in MvC2 we could at least control the trajectory of Smart bombs somewhat. Now they all go the exact same distance. Why take that away.

Also, I think you're right on with fly/unfly. Should be just like Morrigan. That way he could at least fill the screen with beams. It's not like it'd be op considering he wouldn't have a mirror of himself doing it too.

I was also thinking angled beams. Have on of the buttons, L, M, or H shoot upwards when he's on the ground. Then when he's in the air he could have one that shoots down diagonally towards the ground, kinda like Doom.

EDIT:

I made a post on Unity about this awhile back. Here it is if anyone is interested in checking it out
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29508167/iron-man-in-mvc3-series---qs-about-his-armor?pg=1

tl;dr
    Why does Iron Man have the exact same moves in both MvC2 and MvC3? He is wearing a different and newer armor in MvC3 and his moveset should reflect that seeing as Armor upgrades are such a central part of the character.

Iron Man has always upgraded his armor throughout the comics and the movies have done a good job keeping that part of his story intact. This is something I have thought about before but after recently watching the new Iron Man 3 trailer www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA and seeing yet newer armor (omg!) I thought of this again and was hoping to get some kind official response.

As Tony has upgraded his suit in the comics they have gotten better in various ways such as new armaments, devices, mobility, ect. This has been a hallmark of his story and the movies have followed suit. My problem is that the games, specifically, the MvC series that Capcom has made, has largely ignored this aspect of Iron Man. An aspect that I would claim is one of the most defining features of Iron Man as a character because the various suit upgrades display Tony's most impressive characteristic -- his mind.

In MvC2 Iron Man is undoubtedly wearing the Modular Armor which was both popular and saw a lot of use in the 90s era comics.
    IRON+MAN+MODULAR+ARMOR.jpg

Below is an image of the Iron Man sprite in MvC2 for comparison:
    Mvc2-Ironman.png

The top left sprite is a dead ringer for the Modular Armor and makes perfect sense being used when the game came out.

In MvC2 Iron Man had the following moves:
    Unibeam (air ok)
    Smart Bombs (controllable distance, air ok)
    Repulsar Blast
    Flight (Air ok)

Fast Forward to MvC3 and we see that Iron Man is wearing a new armor to reflect modern times. The armor he wear in MvC3 is almost certianly based off of the Mark VI armor used in Iron Man 2 and the first half of the Avengers. It's not sleek enough to be based off the Extremis armor and the helmet is wrong. Although what's funny is that the Mark VI itself was based off the Extremis armor and is part of the reason they used the triangular arc reactor for the suits chest. There are other reasons as well but my point here is to show how similar they are.

Here is Iron man in MvC3:

mvc3_iron_man_by_zayab129-d38wg1o.jpg

For comparison, here is Iron Man in the Mark VI armor:

Iron-Man-2-mark-VI-armor-poster.jpg

Other than the fact that the Model shown in the movie is about 1000x more detailed (lol) they look quite similar.

Yet... In MvC3 series Iron Man has the following moves:

Unibeam (air ok)
    Smart Bombs (controllable distance, air ok)
    Repulsar Blast
    Flight (Air ok)

Not only does Tony gain no new abilities....He actually loses an ability in MvC3!

My question is why didn't Capcom make this choice? Iron Man is clearly wearing a newer and more advanced armor in the MvC3 series and yet he largely has the exact same moveset.

I know that he gained the "upwards" hyper beam and a level 3 hyper move, but his basic move set, i.e. the moves you will use the most and that will win or lose you matches, have remained the same, actually worse as Iron Man can no longer control the distance of his Smart Bombs.

Why didn't Capcom take into account the history of the Character and upgrade more than the way that he looks? There are literally hundreds of things that could have been done to him. I am not talking about making him overpowered or top tier. I am talking about making him a more dynamic character to better reflect who he is. It would have gone a long way in not only showing that Capcom cares about these characters but that that you guys are aware of the things that are honestly pretty basic from a fans perspective.

I know that it's way too late to change anything now but I wanted to put this out there and see what Capcom has to say and if nothing else maybe, just maybe the next time Capcom does work on the character, in whatever capacity, fundamental thigns like this won't get overlooked.
    Monster Hunter
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    Yeah in my opinion some minor tweaks would make all characters at least "playable". Making Vergil and Zero less stupid would be nice, something like making their moves increase HSD faster would be nice. I don't think that they can nerf them so badly because their character design are that way.
    New characters are always welcome :D
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977

I wanna see him get hand-repulsors for like a bolts of ballsack style move, except with some differences. I'd give him like an air command dash too or something, like how he flies in the movies and comics.

Wrist rockets would be so badass.....I wish Tony wasn't such garbage in this game. :(
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
    Nitsuma hates Iron Man, someone give him an alt costume with a trenchcoat then maybe he will be good.
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    Vergil's Helm Breaker needs a massive hitbox nerf. Fuck that move. On the occasions that I play Vergil, whenever I'm being rushed down I just mash Helm Breaker until it works. It almost always works.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,022 ✭✭
    I think the developers should talk to the tournament players and character specialists alike. It is always good to ask those who actually pushes a characters limits and to pair it with those who actually use it

I blame it on Airborne... *shrug*
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • F0xhound009F0xhound009 Joined: Posts: 494
    well somethin is definitly up behind Capcom's closed doors... a facebook post was just made asking fans for support for content and "big decisions". I'm predicting an EVO announcment this year.
    360 Tag: CT Foxhound
    PSN: Foxhound_009
  • BallTapperBallTapper Ninja Sex Party! Joined: Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    scrap the game completely, make marvel 4, no universal launchers, xfactor, TACs or otgs, and just like that the game is more hype
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Bruce, Bob/Bryan, Armor King/Marduk, Feng/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Dudley
    MvC2: Santhrax, MSP, Sabretooth/Colossus/Sonson
    HDR: O.Sagat, Deejay
    Samurai Shodown 2: Wan-Fu, Kyoshiro
    KOF13: Clark/Kensou/Iori
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom/Magneto, Arthur/Spencer/Ironfist
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun, Dhalsim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Jack/Bryan, Paul/Dudley
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    Soul Caliber 5: Voldo
    scrap the game completely, make marvel 4, no universal launchers, xfactor, TACs or otgs, and just like that the game is more hype

Because the other Vs games had no OTGs am I rite?
    The old OTG system was just better though. If they had that system, meter build on whiff, and super jump canceling on normals I think the game would be a bit more interesting plus take the hit stun scaling back to vanilla marvels or preferably do away with it completely and bring back the spinning dizzy state

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Just do something new period. And I agreed with most of his post, I just didn't like the part where he said get rid of OTG's. Obviously the current OTG system is terrible, but OTGs have always been a part of the Vs series.

Nothing new that Marvel 3 added should exist for any Marvel sequel.
    Agreed. The character changes were a great start bringing some of the old characters up to par but then nerfs to the system fucked it up for a lot of the cast simultaneously

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    But what Capcom should really do if they ever decide to do another sequel is just something new. A decent amount of things they did were to try and create the "hype" that MvC2 had. Like I've said many times, MvC2 was just a perfect storm of luck that turned into a good game. Instead of trying to live up to that, it'd be better to just create something that is its own beast.
    There's nothing wrong with trying to recreate the hype that is MvC2 but they tried catering too much ton the wrong crowd of gamers when doing so. The core system of MvC2 is what they should have taken and added to MvC3. From there they could have tried adding something new to stir up the hype.

TACs are good in concept and its apparent they wanted some elements of TvC in the game but if I remember right they cost something in TvC. Prior to knowledge of the infinites, at least costing something would have somewhat balanced these out. Well that plus a proper window to react to for breaking out and the ability to combo them after.

The next error was XF. It already didn't belong but they based the system around it to make up for some characters deficiencies instead of properly addressing those characters. This in turn made the already strong, stronger. If characters were loaded with tools to start with to handle various situations we wouldn't need extra subsystems like XF.

As you said OTGs were always a part of the Vs series. What they did however was get stupid ridiculous with it. There's too many OTG specific moves but worse yet the lack of a real OTG system makes those with less combo ability more character dependent on assist that can OTG thus taking away from a truly balanced team that can cover multiple angles effectively.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Every character having every tool to deal with every situation sure sounds like it would suck. Give some some things, others other things. Choose characters based on how they can handle the match-up you're facing, not because they are your favorite.
    This is offensive.
    Every character having every tool to deal with every situation sure sounds like it would suck. Give some some things, others other things. Choose characters based on how they can handle the match-up you're facing, not because they are your favorite.

I don't know if this post is ironic, but there are certainly characters in this game with every tool they could possibly need plus more to shit on everyone and it makes the game more stagnant in my opinion.
    There are, in my opinion, maybe two characters that fall into the "I have every tool necessary" category. Everyone else does not.
    This is offensive.
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 996 ✭✭✭
    I don't see what about this renders the past week of activity pointless. Given that this only started proper seven days ago, it'd take time for Marvel to come to a decision. It'd take even more time for Capcom to assemble a team, especially since they've reportedly been moved to different projects. But Marvel has enough motivational factors for Capcom to want to support it. It's highly popular among the FGC, Christian Svensson's said it's continuing to sell, and if it gets to IPL then the esports crowd is going to notice the game too.
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyclops, psylocke, cable, captain commando, change otgs for mvc2's anything pops you up ( MvC3's look boring and artificial) keep everyone else the same.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."

Oh Capcom.

Capcom just might make Nitsuma do it even if he doesn't want to. If it DOES happen, its gonna be a paid update and new characters most likely. Capcom and Marvel gotta make some money off it.

The idea of developers making people head projects they really don't want to is kind of funny to me, as shitty as it sounds. All the dude wants to do is make TvC2, and Capcom's going to rope him into doing a THIRD iteration of Marvel 3. MAYBE. Poor guy.
  • AndWhoCanForgetDearRatboyAndWhoCanForgetDearRatboy Joined: Posts: 484
    Let's look at it this way:

Marvel and Capcom love money.
    People are out there waiting to give them money for more characters.
    It's far too soon for MvC4.
    Certain characters can be used to promote their other upcoming products, IE Marvel can use Thanos to promote Avengers 2. Capcom can use Asura to boost Asura's Wrath sales (I know I'd get it if they put Asura on MvC3).
    There is absolutely NO reason why this shouldn't happen, but the time is NOW.
    Add me on xbox my GT is BladesGambit to play some Ult Mahvel 3! I'm an avid suporter of LOU from Three Wonders and Marvel vs Capcom 1 to make the game as DLC!!!

Click HERE if you want to get U/MvC3/SF DLC for free you can get MS points/PSN vouchers from this site for FREE (legally and safely of course), I've been using it for over 2 years now!
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    Let's look at it this way:

Marvel and Capcom love money.
    People are out there waiting to give them money for more characters.
    It's far too soon for MvC4.
    Certain characters can be used to promote their other upcoming products, IE Marvel can use Thanos to promote Avengers 2. Capcom can use Asura to boost Asura's Wrath sales (I know I'd get it if they put Asura on MvC3).
    There is absolutely NO reason why this shouldn't happen, but the time is NOW.

If only Marvel and Capcom could follow logic like this.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • janoDXjanoDX Nonon #1 fan Joined: Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predicting MvC4 announced anytime this year (E3/EVO/SDCC/NYCC), and release date at October 2014. They will promote Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Expect a lot more of Rocket Raccoon.

Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
  • AndWhoCanForgetDearRatboyAndWhoCanForgetDearRatboy Joined: Posts: 484
    I HIGHLY doubt that we'll see MvC4 announced anytime soon.

If we don't get more MvC3, then Niitsuma is probably working on a 3 way cross over.
    Add me on xbox my GT is BladesGambit to play some Ult Mahvel 3! I'm an avid suporter of LOU from Three Wonders and Marvel vs Capcom 1 to make the game as DLC!!!

Click HERE if you want to get U/MvC3/SF DLC for free you can get MS points/PSN vouchers from this site for FREE (legally and safely of course), I've been using it for over 2 years now!
  • CybitCybit Dictator for Life on the Isle of Noobism Joined: Posts: 37
    Well, if you really wanted to make it tie in with the upcoming (and movies that have come out)...you add

Marvel side: Thanos, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Loki
    Capcom side: 8 Bit Mega Man (yes, I know you have Zero, but could also work Mega Man in there, and making a HD pixellated Mega Man would be epic), Random DarkStalkers Character, Ken, Asura, and another SF character.