Marvel Update Twitter Campaign

13»

Comments

• FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,134
    As far as I know Marvel greenlighted the update and the ball is in Capcom's court now. Funny how things change, a month ago I was convinced the game was finished and now I think an update is rather likely based on fan demand (and $$$ for Marvel and Capcom if its a paid update).
    ·
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 996 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know Marvel greenlighted the update and the ball is in Capcom's court now. Funny how things change, a month ago I was convinced the game was finished and now I think an update is rather likely based on fan demand (and $$$ for Marvel and Capcom if its a paid update).
    Could you point me to where they said this? I know they've responded warmly to the fan demand, but I haven't heard anything about green-lighting.
    EDIT: Though Frank Tieri, the writer for the game, left this little tweet ten days ago. https://twitter.com/FrankTieri/status/290560463228526592
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
    ·
    Maybe "greenlight" isn't the right word but it seems like there has been a lot of acknowledgement for the demand for this, from both Marvel guys on Twitter and the MvC3 Facebook page.
    ·
  • MechaWhitebeardMechaWhitebeard Joined: Posts: 7
    Niitsuma saying no more patches for mvc3 was the best thing for this game. look at all the cool shit thats being discovered. an unfly glitch and shit? GDLK.

dont ruin it with your whining, nerds

Well, I do play the game. I think I get a little more say since I actually put time and effort into finding stuff like this.
    ·
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 203
    Mvc2-hayato.jpg
    come on capcom, he has a sword, that is pretty much the requirement for a instant high tier character for DLC
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
    ·
  • NovaFRCNovaFRC NYVoodoo Joined: Posts: 186
    I really hope people are still going ham on this. Combined community effort can do some amazing things.
    AE - Sagat/Ibuki/Oni
    SFxT - Sagat/Heihachi, ???/Lars
    Marvel - Skrull/Akuma/Hawkeye, Skrull/Frank/Hawkeye
    XBL GT: NY l Voodoo
    ·
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mvc2-hayato.jpg
    come on capcom, he has a sword, that is pretty much the requirement for a instant high tier character for DLC
    He sucked butts in Marvel.
    This is offensive.
    ·
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,104 ✭✭
    x23 needs some help and others ,deadpool, there are a bunch of chars that they could throw extra health to to make up for weakness if there lazy
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    ·
  • ZReportZReport (╮°∀°)╮ ⌒┳━┳ Joined: Posts: 683
    People need to keep going HAM on the twitter/facebook/forum spamming if they want updates.

Even bigger boost if you can get top players on board. However, some are content with the game outside of TAC shenanigans.
    Stride or Die. Shady Kermit said so.
    ·
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/31/live-ask-capcom-session-today-5-pm-pst-christian-svensson/

The fact that Sven said "we can't talk about anything" instead of just saying "nothing is in the works" suggests that something is probably in the works.

·
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 203
    He sucked butts in Marvel.
    he could be fixed.
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
    ·
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    The fact that Sven said "we can't talk about anything" instead of just saying "nothing is in the works" suggests that something is probably in the works.

Sven will say something slightly different to usual, and people take it as a confirmation. It always happens and it always turns out it was nothing.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
    ·
    Sven will say something slightly different to usual, and people take it as a confirmation. It always happens and it always turns out it was nothing.

No he never misses a beat to say "there is nothing new in the works" so this time I think they are in least in talks with Marvel.
    ·
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if another sf character were to make it in id say seth makes more sense
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • JohnNumbersJohnNumbers Joined: Posts: 53
    Juri feels like she'd fit better, if anything.

For crap's sake, her Ultra 1 turns her into a Marvel character anyway lmao
    ·
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    Just get Jedah in there, and I'm good.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    [SIZE=15px]- Azula[/SIZE]
    ·
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    adding characters isnt a worthy update, fix the game, to make it a proper vs game
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
    ·
  • AndWhoCanForgetDearRatboyAndWhoCanForgetDearRatboy Joined: Posts: 484
    No he never misses a beat to say "there is nothing new in the works" so this time I think they are in least in talks with Marvel.
    Agreed.
    adding characters isnt a worthy update, fix the game, to make it a proper vs game
    Aside from infinite combos, the game is fine. Adding characters is the only worthy update.
    Add me on xbox my GT is BladesGambit to play some Ult Mahvel 3! I'm an avid suporter of LOU from Three Wonders and Marvel vs Capcom 1 to make the game as DLC!!!

Click HERE if you want to get U/MvC3/SF DLC for free you can get MS points/PSN vouchers from this site for FREE (legally and safely of course), I've been using it for over 2 years now!
    ·
  • KorbidonKorbidon Citizen of Suplex City Joined: Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness some of you guys have horrible, horrible balancing ideas.
    ·
  • HvisLysetTarAustinHvisLysetTarAustin softer than a cat's belly Joined: Posts: 123
    I think the guy who mentioned Ant Man up there is off the mark slightly, but on the mark in terms of Loki, Black Widow, Nick Fury, and THANOS. Hell yeah. Asura too, never played AW but when I saw the trailer I wondered why he didn't get in Ultimate.

Enough digression, why won't Antman be in? He is in Hawkeye's hyper combo. It's not like Servbot in Tron's combos who is just a generic character, but it's a real fictional character with a storyline. Am I stretching too far thinking this is why Ant Man wouldn't get added?
    ·
  • HvisLysetTarAustinHvisLysetTarAustin softer than a cat's belly Joined: Posts: 123
    Aside from infinite combos, the game is fine. Adding characters is the only worthy update.

The infinites in this game are so irrelevant compared to certain assists and point characters.

If I'm not good enough or well informed about Marvel to say it doesn't need a balance patch, there's no way in hell you are. Reductionist argument here maybe, but if you think the game should not have a patch, you are discounting dozens of arguments made here. If you think it should have a patch, all you need to really do is cite one thing like Soul Fist, Hidden Missiles, etc. - So to claim it shouldn't be patched seems like an incredibly bold statement

I'm starting to think the reason people don't want a balance patch is because they don't wanna switch their ____/Missiles/Vergil team. Get over it, we live in an age where you can actually put in a balance patch without hundreds of arcade operators each spending hundreds of dollars on update. I don't know of any style of modern game that doesn't regularly receive updates?
    ·

The infinites in this game are so irrelevant compared to certain assists and point characters.

If I'm not good enough or well informed about Marvel to say it doesn't need a balance patch, there's no way in hell you are. Reductionist argument here maybe, but if you think the game should not have a patch, you are discounting dozens of arguments made here. If you think it should have a patch, all you need to really do is cite one thing like Soul Fist, Hidden Missiles, etc. - So to claim it shouldn't be patched seems like an incredibly bold statement

I'm starting to think the reason people don't want a balance patch is because they don't wanna switch their ____/Missiles/Vergil team. Get over it, we live in an age where you can actually put in a balance patch without hundreds of arcade operators each spending hundreds of dollars on update. I don't know of any style of modern game that doesn't regularly receive updates?

Careful with your sound logic, the villagers might get angry and grab their torches and pitchforks.
    ·
  • ifitswrong_ifitswrong_ Joined: Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    Personally...

There are VERY few things in this game that I think COULD be nerfed as a solution although I believe for some other solutions are possible:

• Astral Vision - Lower the amount of meter she can gain while in it. Better yet make all transformation supers negate meter gain across the board. (If Dante/wolvie can't, why should she?)

• Lightning/Buster - Zero can already use a charged buster to negate any X-Factor cancel comebacks and lightening loops do WAY too much for so little. Personally, I think make the damage for LL lower so it requires a Min of two COMPLETE reps along with the initial start-up combo (so three if you started with it) OR Make it so that in the air only, Buster cannot be cancelled into anything else. I personally think that would break the character so I advise against but I hate him anyway so atm idc.

• Swords/Slash - Take away Vergil's ability to negate projectiles with his slash. He gets away with WAAAYYYY to much and WAY too many Happy Birthday's because the projectile assists of the opponent are instantly negated to an H/S happy Vergil.

Also, why is Rapid Slash faster then Jet Stream? If I can't go Ham with mixups and then turn you around with Jet Stream (the same damn thing that ALSO get's you punished if you don't cancel into super) because it's too slow why should he be able to? Well that's my personal reasoning. The less bias reasoning is that it's an easy combo/reset starter that basically gives Vergil a built in reset no assembly required.

So far those seem to be the most prudent nerfs to the game atm in terms of characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER I would GLADLY keep all of those things as is in return for a playable online netcode And/Or The alteration and balancing of both TACs and X-Factor.

X-factor for the most part I'm ok with although I think Universally a damage reduction would be nice in exchange for more speed or a longer duration imo. Or maybe only make it usable for your anchor character. THAT would change the game DRAMATICALLY.

TACs... all reward no risk. I get 2/3 chances per every TAC. You get 1/3 each time. You guess right. (*slow clap*) I guess right, dead character...

Netcode...

Step One... Fix
    Step Two... It
    Step Three... Fix It.

That's my rant for today lol
    Post edited by ifitswrong_ on
    [SIZE=12px]UMvC3 Main Team:[/SIZE][SIZE=12px] Dante/Frank/Doom[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]UMvC3 Try-hard Team: Wesker/Dante/Doom[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]UMvC3 Nostalgic Team: Haggar/Wesker/Doom[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]UMvC3 Experimental Team: Nemesis/Firebrand/Doom[/SIZE]
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 135
    I really think an update is coming. I mean it's free money/promotion for Marvel.

If there is another version of Mahvel 3, Thanos & Star-Lord are definitely getting in.
    SSF4: Cody, Ken
    UMvC3: Nova/Dr. Doom/Hawkeye
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
13»