• lemonlurelemonlure Story Person Joined: Posts: 315
    Marvel:
    Spiral
    Marrow
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    Cyclops

Capcom:
    Ryu (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter version, if voting for particular Ryus is allowed.)
    Nina (Dragon Quarter version, if voting for particular Ninas is allowed.)
    Ruby Heart
    Hayato
    Mega Man X
  • JMAC100394JMAC100394 Joined: Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Marvel:
    Doc Ock
    Scarlet Witch
    Angel/Archangel
    Cyclops
    Apocalypse

Capcom:
    Nero (DMC4)
    Gene (Godhand)
    Megaman X
    Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    Jin (MVC2)
    UMvC3: S.T.A.R.S Wesker/Dante/Iron Mam Dante/Vergil/Strider
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    All these people voting for Mega Man X makes me want to vote for Mega Man X too. I voted for classic because I thought he had a better chance. It's absolutely stupid that we can't vote for both, because they're not different incarnations of the same character. They're different characters. They may share a name and both are blue, but the similarities end there.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 23
    Capcom:
    Mega Man Volnutt
    Nero
    Ken Masters
    Juri Han
    Hauzer

Marvel:
    Armor
    Gambit
    Shang-Chi
    Songbird
    Sandman

Guests (related to Vs./X series) (i hope it's okay):
    Iori Yagami (w/ Wild/Orochi Form) [SNK Playmore]
    Jin Kazama (w/ Devil Form) [Namco Bandai]
    Ken the Eagle [Tatsunoko]
    Akira Yuki [Sega]
    Hope it's ok to send the list that i find & hearing from:[YouTube,Video Game(PSP, PS3, PS2),Anime]:
    http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/art/MvC3-Marvel-JPN-VA-List-189658067
  • BonuspokusBonuspokus My head's on fire Joined: Posts: 315
    MARVEL:
    A. Scarlet witch
    B. Juggernaut
    C. Loki
    D. Psylocke
    E. Mephisto

CAPCOM:
    A. Ruby Heart
    B. Regina (Dino crisis)
    C. Amingo
    D. Juri
    E. Q-bee (Darkstalkers)
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭
    Nina (Dragon Quarter version, if voting for particular Ninas is allowed.)
    Well, it was nice knowing you. Karsticles is gonna kill you for that one...
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    Honestly if I had to pick which Megaman I'd like the most while him having the best chance of making it into the game, I'd pick Megaman.EXE.
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
  • icebreaker 753icebreaker 753 Joined: Posts: 4
    Marvel
    1. Paragon(Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects) for those of you that never played this game on the play station two, she is able to teleport, absorb organic life by stabing it, and send powerful energy blasts. She definately has a place in this game based on how she stuck out in that good old game. Her character would be a lot like nova: brutal offense. She also looks amazing in terms of her costume and character design.
    2. Blackheart-I feel he could bring an interesting form of gameplay if they allowed him to let the demons he summoned really have a life of their own, or the player could control demons while he dissapeared. He has a great element of darkness to him.
    3. The Silver Surfer- Surely he could bring about an interesting form of mobility and he can create black wholes which is awesome.
    4. The Scarlet Witch- she has all of the potential to be anything and is only limited to ones imagination or that of the game developers. She wields the power of the chaos, a power which doctor strange thought did not exist and basically makes her limitless in power.
    5. Psylocke- astral perjection, psionic weapons (created from her mind power, telekenesis, and she was trained by the hand just like Electra was.
    Capcom
    1. Jedah-(darkstalkers) he is as evil as they come and we need more darkstalkers characters. They can make him fit the teen rating and still please his fans.
    2. Vega(claw)-sf. His flying Barcelona and sky claw attacks could be crazy in this game and who knows..maybe they can even incorporated his Kara tick throwing and izuna drop traps.
    3. Juri- ssf4- she had many techniques and game mechanics all to herself much like viper did, and they did such a good job with viper. Juri could be the first character to REALY put non hyper counter setups to good use and other concepts like fuzzy guarding.
    4. Nevan- she was the second hardest boss in DMC 3 And turned into one of the.. If not THE coolest weapon ever in a video game: the guitar!
    5. Sparda- Vergil and Dante's father himself.
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    Marvel:

- Namor
    - Dare Devil
    - Gambit
    - Black Panther
    - Loki

Capcom:

- Roll
    - Urien
    - Nero
    - Captain Commando
    - Ayame
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

• AtmapalazzoAtmapalazzo Joined: Posts: 40
    Marvel:
    Silver Surfer
    Gambit
    Iceman
    Green Goblin
    Wasp

Capcom:
    Nina (Breath of Fire)
    Jin Saotome
    Captain Commando
    Waka (Okami)
    Sigma (Megaman X)
    I play 13 characters in Divekick
  • GentlemanGentleman Joined: Posts: 28
    And another wave of Loki votes. Hulk does not aprove:

Can someone please explain his appeal? TEAM THANOS!
  • SaikoJoshSaikoJosh CRUNCH TIME Joined: Posts: 694
    MARVEL
    Juggernaut (He has his powers back now!)
    Anti-Venom (Doesn't matter to me as long as it's Eddie)
    Ms. Marvel (Love me some healthy burly chicks)
    Thanos (Would be lots of fun)
    Howard the Duck (Excelsior!)

CAPCOM
    Megaman (classic)
    Sigma
    Gene (God Hand)
    Tessa (Warzard/Red Earth)
    M. Bison
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    BIG THUG NUTZ
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    People asking about Loki popularity -

it's not hard to understand,
    1) AVENGERS
    2) Tom Hiddleston is a good actor and has a really good look for the character.
    Monster Hunter
  • SaikoJoshSaikoJosh CRUNCH TIME Joined: Posts: 694
    I would've voted for a Darkstalker character instead of Tessa but then I realized I don't really give a shit. We have enough Darkstalkers.
    BIG THUG NUTZ
  • KoffKoffiKoffKoffi Time for a comeback! Joined: Posts: 199
    Marvel:

Thanos
    Juggernaut
    Psylocke
    Dr. Octopus
    Ms. Marvel

Capcom

Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)
    Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
    Mai-Ling (Red Earth)
    Batsu (Rival Schools)
    Waka (Okami)

Godot (Ace Attorney) (Capcom Cyclops anyone?)
    UMVC3: Tron/Vergil/Strange in the works. Taskmaster/Hsien-ko/?
    Street Fighter X Tekken: Xiaoyu/Lei
    GT: K4np4
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Still scurred of LimeGreenPenis #mspaintwhispers2 Joined: Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel:

Cyclops

Rogue

Hit Girl

Juggernaut

Sabretooth

Capcom:

Sakura

Anakaris

Dhalsim

Sigma

Bass

저는 론 버건디 입니까?
    "Church of the Almighty God: Jesus died for our sins....now it's your turn" --SoVi3t
    "I'm pretty sure not getting kaz lynched will drive MP to insanity, and he'll spend the rest of days selling duck ramen with roasted kitten in them. Like turduckitten, without the tur." --Shadowwolf82
    Currently 6-4 in SRK Mafia
    One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
  • Steve ZissouSteve Zissou Joined: Posts: 9
    I hate to go into another nitpicky comic-book nerd detail, but I think it's worth suggesting that everyone keep in mind that Marvel sometimes publishes comics featuring characters it does not actually own, therefore making it virtually impossible for those characters to be considered for the game.

The most obvious examples include properties like Transformers and Star Wars that are actually owned by Hasbro and (back then) Lucasfilm, but other examples include characters from Kick-Ass, Powers or Ultraforce. Also, the fact that Disney owns both Marvel and Lucasfilm isn't that relevant when it comes to the legalities of licensing, so I'd just focus on pure Marvel characters that are relatively current to what's happening in the comic books for the sake of your vote counting.
  • janoDXjanoDX Nonon #1 fan Joined: Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel:
    -Psylocke
    -Black Widow
    -Scarlet Witch
    -Phoenix Five Cyclops (Not costume, he's a villain there, also phoenix power)
    -Domino

Capcom:
    -Asura
    -Leon S Kennedy
    -Megaman X
    -Gene
    -Saki
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
  • Roy LingoRoy Lingo The Fraud of Frauds Joined: Posts: 23
    Marvel top 5:
    Nightcrawler
    Scarlet Witch
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil
    Psylocke

Capcom top 5:
    Jin Saotome
    Jon Talbain
    Dhalsim
    Zangief
    Captain Commando
    Professional: Spencer fraud, Vergil fraud, Dante fraud and Magneto fraud.
  • KillusionKillusion Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 186
    Marvel:
    Gambit
    Juggernaut
    Namor
    Ultron
    Vision

Capcom:
    Demitri (Darkstalkers)
    Gene (God Hand)
    Mega Man (Classic)
    Sagat
    Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha)
    Why be so negative, strive to get better
    grind every single day, mind of a go-getter
    Demitri (Darkstalkers)
    Can you imagine the licencing hell between Capcom and Marvel over Midnight Bliss?
    Plus, I don't even want to see what he does for MODOK and Dormammu...
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • SDT623SDT623 Joined: Posts: 1
    Marvel:
    1) Gambit
    fun return character
    2) Ms. Marvel
    need more women
    3) Juggernaut
    need more large characters
    4) Dr. Octopus
    relevant, good Omega Red replacement
    5) Green Goblin-
    Spidey characters need rep!

Capcom
    1) Vega(Claw)
    fast pace serves him well
    2) Jin S
    good returning character
    3) Dr. Wiley
    why not?!
    4) Zangief
    See Juggernaut
    5) Classic Mega Man
    See Ms. Marvel :)
  • KillusionKillusion Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 186
    Can you imagine the licencing hell between Capcom and Marvel over Midnight Bliss?
    Plus, I don't even want to see what he does for MODOK and Dormammu...
    Haha yes, i know that they really can't make Demitri. I also heard that they can't use Onimusha characters for some reason, but i can dream. From Capcom side, i really only care about Sagat. He's the only Street Fighter who's badass enough to uppercut gods, demons and robots to hell. I can't believe that he hasn't been on any Marvel game yet.
    Why be so negative, strive to get better
    grind every single day, mind of a go-getter
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
    Marvel
    Ms. Marvel
    Gambit
    Juggernaut
    Doc Ock
    Anti-Venom

Capcom
    Vega(claw)
    Ruby Heart
    MvC2 Jill
    Ada Wong
    Megaman X
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    personally, i would like to see more than 10 new characters. that would allow characters from every liking to be added to the roster. everyone from badasses (namor), to villains (apocalypse), to old favorites (silver surfer), to obscure (arnim zola), to females (risky boots, ms.marvel), to normal guys (nick fury, leon), to monsters (the thing), to comedic/troll characters (snow brothers), etc. in addition, we all know recently/currently/futurely relevant characters would take precedence over old favorites, which is good...fresh faces are always welcomed and preferred in a game like marvel. but a healthy serving of old but popular characters could really give the roster personality, providing a little something for everybody. in any case.....

Marvel:
    A: Star-Lord (from Guardians of the Galaxy....currently relevant considering they have current and future comic story arcs, appearances on tv shows, and a movie coming early next year. he could be akin to Captain Commando where Bug, Drax, Gamora, and Groot make appearances as his special moves. preferably, i'd make Groot an individual character and design him as a hybrid obscure/heavy character (something like amingo mixed with nemesis mixed with omega red). GotG also fit right in with mvc3's story as well)
    B: Thanos (the ULTIMATE badguy. upcoming story arc, made an appearance in a marvel movie and will be the main antagonist in two upcoming marvel movies, the supervillains supervillain....yeah. perhaps, a new gameplay design would be required for him that doesn't revolve around the infinity gauntlet. that's ok, since there's absolutely nothing villainous about bubbles:wink2:. either way, thanos would make for a powerful and very welcomed new member of the roster)
    C: Vision (vision or doc ock are my top picks for oldschool marvel characters. personally, i would like both. dock ock is one of the last oldschool main marvel characters to not make an appearance as a selectable choice in a marvel/vs game outside of the F4 and maybe Silver Surfer. venom was added to the roster in mvc1 after MUCH clamoring for him. thor finally made it into the roster as a playable character with mvc3 after that ridiculously useless assist-only appearance in mvc1, and doctor strange was added in umvc3. doc ock is probably spidermans most popular villain after venom, and spiderman is DEFINITELY a flagship character in the marvelverse. not to mention, he was already considered for the roster early on. but yeah....vision, he's just too cool of a character)
    D: Groot (my obscure character pick. my alternative weird/wtf character pick is morbius the living vampire, but i think a 10-15-foot alien tree-like entity has a psuedo-vampire beat in terms of weirdness, despite morbius being one of the strangest 'vampires' i've ever seen)
    E: Howard the Duck (it doesn't get more comedic than howard the duck. it would be even more comedy if he was actually powerful and steamrolled people for free haha)

Capcom:
    A: Sigma (i'm not a megaman fanboy, but i believe in giving the fans what they want within reasonable parameters if its gonna generate business. unfortunately, at this point, i think the likelihood of megamans inclusion is pretty low...so low, that it's not even worth suggesting him. therefore, sigma could make a great alternative character from the megaman universe as well as a great capcom badguy)
    B: William A. Grey (from Dark Void. this is essentially chris redfield with a jetpack. although, unlike chris, he'd actually be able to shoot his gun horizontally while airborne:wink2:. this'll be capcom's rival for modok, since firebrand fails in that department. maybe he could have a level3 where he opens up the void portal allowing the final boss to attack his opponent, then blasting it back through the portal afterwards)
    C: Armor Knight G. Kaiser [from Tech Romancer. capcom's sentinel. yeah i know they're 20 stories tall, so what? sentinel isn't exactly canon-size either. shrink it. giants weren't received well after tvc to boot. huitzil could also be an alternative, but there are already 3 DS characters. there's no need for another one imo. as yet another alternative, jin could make a return only this time actually piloting blodia. ROBOTS AND MECHAS EVERYWHERE]
    D: Ken (from Street Fighter....but with a catch....from Street Fighter 2010.:wtf: this incarnation of ken would really rustle peoples jimmies, which is a good thing)
    E: Cosmi (from Under the Skin. a race of alien that SPECIALIZES in rustling peoples jimmies and causing Mischief and mayhem. fits right in with a marvel game. obvious troll has never been this obvious.)

other characters that i would consider would be the aforementioned doctor octopus, cyclops, ant-man with a temporary giant form, scarlet witch, loki, silver samurai, morbius the living vampire, jubilee, asura, gene, shantae, hayato, jin (in blodia), huitzil, and kou shishido with G Red (gotcha force).

edit: i read through this thread after making this post and didn't realize how similarly a lot of people thought. i didn't think thanos and doctor octopus were gonna be that popular, and i thought i was the only one interested in star-lord (and groot). lots of jin, sigma, asura, and an adequate amount of hayato as well. it's good to see that the vast majority of people are pretty much on the same page.:tup:i'll admit though, i didn't know who gene was before reading about him on these forums some months ago. it was probably acekillah who mentioned him.
    Post edited by REALPLAYER on
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • axi0maxi0m I am the only God. Joined: Posts: 367
    Marvel:
    1. Thanos (Revised moveset obviously)
    2. Wraith (I think they could do wonders with this character)
    3. Mr. Sinister (Shapeshifting and genetic mutation with clones could lead to some interesting gameplay)
    4. Adam Warlock (I'm thinking with his rebirth thing a pseudo Phoenix mechanic but instead of an overpowering malevolent force it could be something like total health 800-900k but split into multiple smaller life bars; every time he is "killed" he is taken out of the battle until some other component takes place like you taking out a character on the other team or X amount of damage performed would "regenerate" him into one of his other forms with different abilities)
    5.Starlord

Capcom:
    1. Asura
    2. Oni (I mean hell he already has Ultras that are like Marvel level 3s.)
    3. Sigma
    4. Jedah
    5. Gene

Edit: Just saw someone else voted Starlord, hell yea!

Edit 2: Changed one of my Marvel votes to something that I think would be awesome
    UMvC3: Vergil/DOOOOM/Wesker
    AE: Akuma/Juri (Currently playing around with E. Ryu and Oni though)
    MvC2: Strider/Thanos/Jin (NAKED SATELLITE BUBBLE PARTIES!)
  • THE_moshTHE_mosh Always In the Lab Joined: Posts: 12
    Capcom:
    Sigma (Megaman X)
    Sagat
    Nero (DMC 4)
    Servbot
    Cody (final fight)

Marvel:
    Squirrel Girl
    Thanos
    Daredevil
    Gambit
    Loki
    SFXT: Balrog X Paul
    UMVC3: Cap/Hulk/Doom
    AE: Balrog/Gen/Hakan
    Always down for a game! XBL: Moh3ganmassakr3
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised at the number of people requesting Cody from SF/Final Fight. I play him in SF4/Alpha and I just can't see him in a marvel game but hey they could find a way.

Marvel
    Daredevil
    Bullseye
    Rogue
    Loki (not because of Avengers, haven't seen it. Just to give Thor a villain)
    Nick Fury (Classic style, not Ultimate Marvel. As much as I love me some Sam Jackson I want the classic Salt and Pepper cigar smoker. Though an Ultimate alt costume would be sweet.)

Capcom
    Gene (God Hand)
    Hayato
    Captain Commando (Come ON, CapCom is the face of Marvel Vs Capcom. How could you leave out arguably the icon of the entire game?)
    Alastor (Viewtiful Joe)
    Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Spider-Man XSpider-Man X Joined: Posts: 12
    Marvel:
    Black Panther
    Luke Cage
    Ms. Marvel
    Cyclops
    Thanos

Capcom:
    Mega Man X
    Sigma
    Axl
    Sagat
    Bison
  • bobthesupmonkeybobthesupmonkey Joined: Posts: 9
    Marvel:
    Black Panther
    Cyclops
    Emma Frost
    Namor
    Gambit

Capcom:
    Megaman X
    Nero
    Cpt. Commando
    Asura
    Jin
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my Votes:

CAPCOM
    - Gene (God Hand)
    - Jin Santome (Cyberbots)
    - PTX-40A (Lost Planet, this would be Capcom's Wackbot)
    - M. Bison (Street Fighter) or Juri (Street Fighter)
    - Sagat (Mandatory Put_Sagat_In_XGAME)

MARVEL
    - Thanos (UMvC3 is more Avengers-themed, and Thanos would be a perfect fit, sort of a Marvel's version of Viper)
    - Ultron (Again Avengers theme here, Ultron would essentially be what Iron Man should've been, but with crappier supers/assists sans a lv3)
    - Loki (He would be a perfect rushdown/teleporter like Phoenix, only to have average damage, but better supers/normals... shoutouts to staff normals)
    - Dr Octopus (Think Sentinel's limbs, but be able to be used anywhere, air or ground. He would be a sort of grappler, only with invincible limbs like Skrull)
    - Cyclops (He's been a MvC regular like Mags/Storm/Sent/Wolverine, why isn't he in this game?)
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • Yeah Dood 120%Yeah Dood 120% Now, 20% more pumped Joined: Posts: 1,926 mod
    Marvel:
    Galacta
    Psylocke
    Emma Frost
    Squirrel Girl
    Nightcrawler

Capcom:
    Asura
    Gene
    Jin Saotome
    Lady (Devil May Cry 4)
    Rose
    "A man hurls himself towards his fate, his soul ablaze! There is nothing that can hinder me!"
    UMvC3 teams: Jill/X-23/She-Hulk, Jill/Nemesis/Firebrand, Chun-Li/Jill/Iron Fist, Jill/Spiderman/Felicia
  • BrennanBrennan IT'S NOT A TUNA! Joined: Posts: 1,011
    Pardon me, but I have fine taste:

Marvel:
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    Penance
    Spiral
    Howard the Duck

Capcom:
    Roll
    Excella
    Ruby Heart
    Q
    Regina

PS:

Honorable Mention:
    Spoiler:
    ~~
    TTT2: Alisa/ Ganryu - A.Ogre/Unknown | KoF XIII: Ash - Mature - Vice AH3: Eko
  • DRock94DRock94 Joined: Posts: 3
    Capcom
    1. Megaman.EXE
    2. Gene
    3. Jedah
    4. Jin Satome
    5. Asura

Marvel
    1. Green Gobln
    2. Molly Hayes
    3. Iceman
    4. Nico Minoru
    5. Surge
  • FighterThesaurusFighterThesaurus Joined: Posts: 4
    I've been a part of the first two polls, and I shall return to give my two cents on who should be in the next game (should it ever happen)...

MARVEL

VETS
    1.) Psylocke - Let's face it, she's been one of the best characters in MSH, and one of the best assists in MVC1 and fighter in MVC2. Her attacks alone give for comboability. That, and it's a good excuse for more females for a diverse cast (In addition to completing an Uncanny X-Force team with Wolvie and Deadpool). An absolute must.

2.) Venom (Eddie Brock) - Sure, he may not have been used a whole lot in both games, but he was THE SOLE REASON I got into the series! He was number 1 in damn near EVERY POLL so far. Plus Brock had an incident where the suit came back to him on Spider Island #7, somehow making him relevant once more. And it's a new game people, there needs to be new combo potential for everyone's favorite symboite. Help get him in.

NEWCOMERS
    3.) Ultron - The possibility of him being the villain in the upcoming Ant-Man gives good potential for him to get into the spotlight. Hell, seeing his Annihilus costume used instead of his classic gives him possibilities to really deal some damage to his opponents. I'll choose him over Thanos any day of the week.

4.) The Fantastic Four (Team Based) - It's kind of sickening that Marvel passed up the opportunity to give us the ability to use them for the first time ever. Think about this too, remember how Capcom introduced giant characters in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Imagine the same kind of gimmick, BUT INSTEAD, It's all one team. You can CHOOSE the combination of either having Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Thing, and Invisible Woman, and comprise to have three members on one team! That, and you could give them their Future Foundation outfits as either default color changes or DLC.

5.) Songbird - A member of the Thunderbolts, has bad-ass siren powers, and alot of fighting potential in a new untapped game. Need I say more?

CAPCOM

VETS
    6.) Jin Saotome - He may not be relevant to us these days, but I dare you to tell me not one person didn't play him, and love his unique fighting style! He's so fun to use, he's got charisma, and he's an original concept when introducing him in the game! He should make a comeback in a new game, new combos, new tech!

7.) Capt. Commando (Team Based) - The idea to bring back a legend and to allow him to have his other comrades Mack, Genji and Baby as part of the same concept as the FF would be ballin'! New setups, combos, etc., it's something Capcom shouldn't pass up.

NEWCOMERS
    8.) Mega Man X - There should be absoutely NO EXCUSE this time around since they've help give a shoutout to a fan-made game to commemorate both 25th anniversaries, announced they have more planned for him, AND have taken interest in trying to get a new game going for this series. Armor changing mechanics to surround his supers, the ability to have as many special moves as Dante, all in one. This is the time to get him in folks!

9.) Asura - Originally this slot was preserved for Gene from God Hand, but after seeing the game in person as well as the fighting style this God has, I think it's safe to say he should be in this game to take on the likes of Dormammu, Doom and Vergil. He could really give them a run for their money.

10.) Dr. Wily - There's already a fan-made movelist on DeviantArt, showing he can go toe-to-toe with anyone from this game, and would serve as a viable replacement for those who've suffered Tron Bonne's nerfs. Plus you've gotta have the mad scientist go up against his creation Zero! In addition to that, it serves as another good villain from the Capcom side!
    The team-based idea sounds cool, but I'd rather see CapCom/Mr.Fantastic on point with the rest of the team coming out as special moves. The biggest issue, with those examples at least, is that you have to ignore one member of the team to make the other three as one team. For true FF fans, I think that might be an insult. If we are bending the laws of the game anyway, why not make revolutionary teams of four? You get an extra character, but you are only limited to one of two team configurations. Not sure how assists would work though. Maybe replace the M button with Assist 3 and turn the L button into a Persona-esque auto combo button.

Actually, this opens up room for quite a few ideas for new character types:
    • Teams: I've already mentioned this, but this has huge potential. I could see this happening if Nitsuma wanted to get creative.
    • Giants: I kind of like this idea. However, we need REAL giants. Not Sent, not Hulk, and not Nemesis. Maybe something crazy like a T-Rex or Sigma's final form. Hell, a playable Galactus in versus mode would be so sick.
    • One-man-stand: Okay, here's an idea. You get permanent level 3 X-Factor, BUT you only get one character. If that character gets TOD'd, there will be no chance of a runback, because you just lost your whole team. May or may not come with 5 bars.
    • Multi-select: Anyone remember how you could select the same character multiple times in offline matches on Marvel 2? That shit would be so hype. Make a team of 3 Dantes for the swaggiest combos of all time, a team of 3 Sentinels to play a bit more like a the comics, and so forth.
    That's all I can think of right now. There may be a few balance issues in some of them, but you can't deny how cool that shit would be.
    The team-based idea sounds cool, but I'd rather see CapCom/Mr.Fantastic on point with the rest of the team coming out as special moves. The biggest issue, with those examples at least, is that you have to ignore one member of the team to make the other three as one team. For true FF fans, I think that might be an insult. If we are bending the laws of the game anyway, why not make revolutionary teams of four? You get an extra character, but you are only limited to one of two team configurations. Not sure how assists would work though. Maybe replace the M button with Assist 3 and turn the L button into a Persona-esque auto combo button.

Actually, this opens up room for quite a few ideas for new character types:
    • Teams: I've already mentioned this, but this has huge potential. I could see this happening if Nitsuma wanted to get creative.
    • Giants: I kind of like this idea. However, we need REAL giants. Not Sent, not Hulk, and not Nemesis. Maybe something crazy like a T-Rex or Sigma's final form. Hell, a playable Galactus in versus mode would be so sick.
    • One-man-stand: Okay, here's an idea. You get permanent level 3 X-Factor, BUT you only get one character. If that character gets TOD'd, there will be no chance of a runback, because you just lost your whole team. May or may not come with 5 bars.
    • Multi-select: Anyone remember how you could select the same character multiple times in offline matches on Marvel 2? That shit would be so hype. Make a team of 3 Dantes for the swaggiest combos of all time, a team of 3 Sentinels to play a bit more like a the comics, and so forth.
    That's all I can think of right now. There may be a few balance issues in some of them, but you can't deny how cool that shit would be.

No

And the part I like least is seriously using the word "swaggiest".

Marvel found a tried and true formula with MvC2.. And with MvC3 being popular I don't think they will change the formula much. Also FF were left out of the game due to licensing issues- hence Super Skrull having powers of all 4- as a nod to fans of them.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARVIL:
    NEWCOMERS
    1. Dr Octopus.

RETURNING:
    2. Thanos.
    3. Juggernaut.
    4. Venom/Anti-Venom/Carnage.
    5. Cable.

CAPUCOM:

NEWCOMERS
    1. Asura (Asura's Wrath).
    2. Gene (God Hand).
    3. Sigma (Megaman X series).

RETURNING
    4.Jin "BLODIAAAAAAA! Saotome (Cyberbots).
    5. Dan "The Man" Hibiki. (Street Fighter series).

Also replace Akuma with Oni or give Akuma his moves.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Blue LightningBlue Lightning Portuguese Fighter Joined: Posts: 842 ✭✭
    Marvel:
    Emma Frost (one of the main villains in First Class)
    Gambit
    Thanos (Gonna be in the next Avengers)
    Ms Marvel
    Black Widow (been in many Marvel movies including the avengers which she had a decent role in)

Capcom:
    Mega Man X
    Capt. Commando
    Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    Juri (SSF4)
    Jin Saotome
    UMvC3: Main: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu; Former Team: Nova/Frank West/Amaterasu; Casual/Dream Team: Magneto/Dante/Frank and Doctor Doom/Dante/Frank
    USF4: Decapre
    PSN ID: BLightning91
  • raxzarraxzar HOLD DAT Joined: Posts: 479
    Capcom:

M.Bison
    Jedah
    Jin Saotome
    Leo (Warzard)
    Gene

Marvel:

Thanos
    Carnage
    Green Goblin
    Elektra
    Juggernaut
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Eh what the hell, what do I have to lose

Marvel:
    1. Thanos
    2. Emma frost
    3. Bishop
    4. Namor
    5. Ultron

Capcom:
    1. Samonosuke(I think capcom own him-despite hime being based on a real character-but if they don't could you pleeease replace this vote with soki?)
    2. Rathalos(because capcom need a big and nemesis is not it)
    3. Jin Saotome
    4. Ashura
    5. PTX-40
  • DuaieDuaie Joined: Posts: 269 ✭✭
    Marvel:

Juggernaut
    Thanos
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Daredevil

Capcom:

Nero
    M.Bison
    Asura
    C. Commando
    Megaman X
    No

And the part I like least is seriously using the word "swaggiest".

Marvel found a tried and true formula with MvC2.. And with MvC3 being popular I don't think they will change the formula much. Also FF were left out of the game due to licensing issues- hence Super Skrull having powers of all 4- as a nod to fans of them.
    Just using common terminology, mate. Don't worry, I hate the word as well.
    Explain how 2 was a tried and true formula? It was the first game in the series to feature teams of 3, and may have been the first fighter to do 3v3 fights. It went:
    • X-Men COtA: 1v1, involved Marvel characters
    • Marvel Super Heroes: 1v1, added gems
    • X-Men versus Street Fighter: 2v2, first true cross-over
    • Marvel 1: 2v2, added assists
    • Marvel 2: 3v3, added assist selection
    • Marvel 3: 3v3... I guess X-Factor counts?
    Compared to previous iterations in the series, this game offers very little progression in the system mechanics. It could stand to have SOME innovation that would stand beside the landmark steps previous entries in the series offered. Do you seriously want X-Factor and TACs to be the biggest contributions we got out of the Marvel 3 series?
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Capcom:
    Charlie (street fighter)
    Bison (street fighter)
    Ruby Heart (MvC2)
    Sigma (Mega Man X)
    Hunk (Resident Evil)

Marvel:
    Gambit
    Psylocke
    Juggernaut
    Loki
    Ms. Marvel
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,204 mod
    Marvel
    Spiral
    Cyclops
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Mystique

Capcom
    Asura
    Sigma
    Makoto
    Urien
    Hugo
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    Just using common terminology, mate.

Dude, the word is "stylish". Haven't you ever played DMC?
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Plays low IQ characters Joined: Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does everyone want Ms. Marvel in so much? She hardly strikes me as an interesting character. If people just want a female I'm sure that there are better ones to add.
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante (?), Magneto/Dante/Frank West (?) || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks || "and yeah storm is top tier in majority eyes" - MILF
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Why does everyone want Ms. Marvel in so much? She hardly strikes me as an interesting character. If people just want a female I'm sure that there are better ones to add.
    Because she's legit. From a strictly gameplay perspective, she would be the one who'd be closest to what MvC 2's Rogue would play like since Rogue was rockin' her powers durin' the 90's. Character wise, she's one of Marvel's female characters that was done right. Actual character who happens to be a girl instead of being hyped up as a super hero girl, if you know what I mean. And currently, she has an ongoing series, so there's the relevancy factor.
    Why does everyone want Ms. Marvel in so much? She hardly strikes me as an interesting character.

She looks good nekkid :)
  • resurectionresurection Joined: Posts: 3
    Marvel:

Character A - Psylocke

Character B - Cable

Character C - Ms. Marvel

Character D - Thanos

Character E - Silver Surfer

Capcom:

Character A - Captain Commando

Character B - Jin Saotome

Character C - J. Talbain