Jurassic Park/World - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom set for 2018!

Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese....Joined: Posts: 21,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited June 25 in General Discussion
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universals-jurassic-park-4-hit-411594
Universal Pictures will open Jurassic Park 4 on June 13, 2014, the heart of summer.
Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall are returning to produce the long-awaited next installment in the franchise, although no director or cast is yet attached. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) are writing the script.

Spielberg -- who only days ago revealed that Robopocalypse won't be his next directing project -- directed the first two films in the Jurassic Park franchise.

A fourth installment has been in works for years. Jurassic Park III, directed by Joe Johnston, opened in theaters in July 2001.

Marshall said in a July interview that Jurassic Park 4 would still rely on animatronic dinosaurs despite the advancements in technology over the past decade.
So far, the movie has June 13, 2014 to itself.

After about 13 years..........the Jurassic Park series will be returning to theaters in 2014.

Loved the first one..........liked the second one......didn't like the third one.

Post edited by Geese Pants on
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,221
    cdsfsd-o.gif
    FINALLY!
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think we all can agree that Lost World was the best.

Looking forward to this one, though. 3 put me to shame.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this shit took too long. i bet the raptors now have wings, lol.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,660
    This is 2013. We do reboots now. Sequel? Pah.

Jurassic Park was awesome, and the most important thing to have occurred in my life up until that point. Lost World was garbage, and III was, "well, that wasn't as bad as the last one."

Sam Neil or GTFO.
    Be well.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,888
    JP>TLW>>JP3

Although I DID like the Spinosaurus.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I actually liked JP3 better than Lost World. The whole T-Rex in San Diego thing just ruined the entire movie for me.

No idea what JP4 is about. I'm still hoping for my plot of it being set in the future where scientists are making robo-raptors for weapons, but the robo-raptors escape. Army comes in but can't beat robo-raptors, so scientists have to release REGULAR RAPTORS to fight the robo-raptors (because regular raptors are obviously smarter than people and robo-raptors, given the direction of the franchise). So essentially we get Marines vs Raptors vs Robo-raptors. AMAZING MOVIE, AM I RIGHT?!
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    Hope its Dinosaur/Human hybrid.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't think Chris Bosh is a very good actor.
    Raptors better not be the main villain -_- It needs to be another HUGE predator.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Megalodon
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Raptors better not be the main villain -_- It needs to be another HUGE predator.

they fucked up the last one by using a no name dinosaur that only had partial fossil records found and making that the villain.

When they went to the genetics lab in the 3rd movie, I kept waiting to see bioengineered dino's and cross breeds.

more importantly, I wanted this:

Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Just let the franchise die already.
    STOMP!
    All we ask for is Trex's with freakin' laser beams attached to their head >:o
    Just let the franchise die already.

fuck no. Technically, this is the legacy of Michael Chrichton. He was writing one last Jurassic Park novel before he died. It has no actual ending, although his son did step in and create one using what he learned from his dad and what he was told. The actual books themselves were both incredible, the first movie is still one of my top 3 favourites of all time. I have been waiting for this for awhile, and to be honest i need a good Dino movie (wish they would let them be rated R for once) every now and again, and all the competitors are fucking awful.

And I'd like to see the franchise get back on its feet.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

they fucked up the last one by using a no name dinosaur that only had partial fossil records found and making that the villain.

B-but the Sino is HUGE....like bigger than the T-Rex even in reality. T-Rex is like the 5-th or 4th largest carnivore.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • sandwichofdoomsandwichofdoom Hyped for Injustice: Gods among us Joined: Posts: 1,073
    The raptors were always my favourite part in these movies personally, but It would be a mistake to only have them, it's good to have a balance.

I hated how the spinosaurus in the third one stalked and chased them. That be like chasing a cupcake across the entire island, sure cupcakes are delicious, but the thing managed to kill a trex, its got food for weeks.

The t-rex in the first only ate the people because they just happened to be a snack that was near it, when they got away it didn't bother wasting any more effort because they weren't worth it, and any additional run in's between the people and trex were coincidence. the second the trex followed because they had it's child. The raptors chasing people made sense, we would make a descent meal for a raptor, and without a gun we have no form of defense (aside from gymnastics, but how many of those people are going to be trained gymnasts) so them chasing us it worth the effort. The spinosaurus had no reason to do what it did.
    MVC3: (Firebrand/Ghost Rider/Dormmamu), (Skrull/Rocket Raccoon/Nova),(Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath),(Modok/Doctor Strange/Deadpool)
    Mortal Kombat: Kabal,Kenshi GG:Zappa,Faust SSF4: Vega,Bison,Juri 3's: Alex,twelve
    sfxt: Rolento,Hwoarang, King,Lei,Bryan Tekken: Feng, King, Hwoarang,Lei SC:Voldo Skullgirls: Peacock
    Darkstalkers: L.raprtor,Donovan,Jedah,Anakaris. Blazblue: Arakune JoJo's: JoJo, Dio, S.Dio
    Snip

It prolly just wanted the annoying mammals out of it's territory.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166

When they went to the genetics lab in the 3rd movie, I kept waiting to see bioengineered dino's and cross breeds.

more importantly, I wanted this:

I'm okay with cyborg dinos as long as we also see THIS in the movie:

• FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,028
    I'm real glad they will "still rely on animatronics"! Finally! Only use CGI WHEN YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!!!

I'm also happy they making a new JP. Was wondering when they would come up with a new one for years now. Glad to see it finally happened!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,486
    Let's see if they try to turn this shit into a Dino Crisis movie.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Robbie RageRobbie Rage Ambassador of Fun & Jobber to the Stars Joined: Posts: 246
    As long as they learn from JP3, I will be a very happy lad.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,178
    I wanna see a human fight a raptor with his bare hands then take its talons off and attach them to his fist and then do bloody high claw on a t-rex
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
    B-but the Sino is HUGE....like bigger than the T-Rex even in reality. T-Rex is like the 5-th or 4th largest carnivore.

gtfo

spinosaurus was a bit longer, but overall was built much more light. A t-rex is like a heavyweight, and a spino is a welterweight. Sure, the "Sino" as you call it was no slouch, but the T fucking Rex was the undisputed king of carnivores.

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Dinotbots plz!
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG
    I hope this is as epic as the first one. They made rollercoasters for the first.
    gtfo

spinosaurus was a bit longer, but overall was built much more light. A t-rex is like a heavyweight, and a spino is a welterweight. Sure, the "Sino" as you call it was no slouch, but the T fucking Rex was the undisputed king of carnivores.

Largesttheropods.png

Ya sure about that bro?
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Spino looks goofy as hell.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,885
    If a raptor doesn't eat Bill Cosby, I'm going to be very upset.

저는 론 버건디 입니까?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,630
    Dun duuuuuun dun duuuuuun duuduuduuuuunn duuduuuunn duuun duuuuuuuun...

Dun dun dun duuuuuun duuduuduuduuuuuuuun dun dun duuuun duduuuuunn

Sent from my Care Package via Air Drop
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If a raptor doesn't eat Bill Cosby, I'm going to be very upset.

저는 론 버건디 입니까?
    This thread is stupid. The Raptors can't even make the playoffs. How the fuck are they gonna be a threat to human kind? Just toss a few basketballs at those motherfuckers and they'll collapse under the backbreaking might of their own ineptitude.

As for GOOD Dinosaurs I say get some rabid meat eating Brontosauruses or a magical Liopleurodon (Charlie).
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    2fe9e2d1b60850e258bd95162bd78d7e.jpg?1342544872
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Lost World sucked ass, deviated a bunch from the book. Had an annoying ass black girl and a King Kong rip-off. You people must be out of your god damn mind to place that above any other.

New movie should bring back Sam Neill, bonus points for having him reprise his character from In the Mouth of Madness or Event Horizon.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ya sure about that bro?

Why the fuck do all the dinosaurs look pregnant and/or horribly obese?
    Why the fuck do all the dinosaurs look pregnant and/or horribly obese?

Eye saver?
    Giantpredatorsscale1.png

Blake Wikipedia bro
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • MBZMBZ 510MaNe Joined: Posts: 72
    I hope it goes more into the N-gen story. Raptors being used in wars or somthing crazy?
    Don't worrie, be happy
  • KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 509

Diego Brando?
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    snip

fuck yes
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    I can't lie. I still have a dino hard-on from being a kid - its why my son's theme and toys have all been dinosaurs (>_<) fortunatly he does like them already. I was that what 9 year old who read both JP and LW. My fav book of all time is prolly 'Raptor Red'. I just loved them.

What the first movie did right, has been all wrong since. Michael Creighton only wrote the Lost World because of the forced pressure to do a sequel movie....which is why it was underwhelming. They left the animatronics and went to mostly or all CG - which took away the life-likeness - the T-Rex in the first one STILL holds up to modern special effects. They blurred plots - parts ripped from the first are what made the 3rd....instead of a completely new adventure. The idea of the 'bad guy' and the 'blurring' of the Bad Guy...just has watered things down. Similar to the Alien franchise it went from a 'thriller' to a 'family movie'...the TRex scene in the frist was down right terrifying, the way it was done and everything. After that it just became action sequences. And most importantly - they killed the obligatory black guy - Samuel L. Jackson - in the first movie.

I'm glad to hear 'who's' at the helm. Until I hear an appropriate direction...something can be made of the company that was trying to take the eggs in the first one finally succeeding at doing their own and even expanding the types, or the main villain being the 'UtahRaptor'...I'll withhold any real excitement. It's one of the few things I truly geek over.

The Blerd is strong in me when the topic is Jurassic Park or dinosaurs in general.
    - :bluu:
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Spoiler: something goes wrong, dinosaurs escape, chaos ensues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file