third strike online or marvel origins

cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everythingJoined: Posts: 203
I'm wondering which one to get, I'm basically a marvel player but I heard that third strike has a better netcode and more people. so basically, which one is the better choice? third strike or marvel origins?
Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
·

Comments

• LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play both on GGPO.
    STOMP!
    ·
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MvC: Origins has an updated version of whatever shit they used in 3sOnline, I mean that with the challenge trackers(spamming buttons won't increase your tracker's score like it did in 3sO), and the lobbies show people's ping by number instead of colors. And since we're further out from 3sO's release than MvCO's, I'd wager MvC has more players on it.

This does not mean 3s wouldn't scratch your itch, it works well enough(Game irregularities with the arcade version aside), the online is solid, and the replay system works just as well as MvCO's.

Judging by your signature, you enjoy UMvC3 enough to have a team in it, so I'd guess MvC:Origins would interest you more.
    GT: Hector Garfria POKEMON X: 4356-0322-4220 | Hector | Friend Safari: Boldore, Macargo, Barbaracle
    ·
  • NickRocksNickRocks MvC2 sucks Joined: Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    origins sucks, get on dat ggpo
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    3soe has a mediocre netcode but a lot of people playing it. Marvel Origins has godlike netcode, but very few people play it. Pick your poison.
    ·
  • DanderDander dander Joined: Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for me to finish my game and then you can donate to me for server costs.
    Excuse the prolixity. I cater to all and few all at once. Sorry ahead of time.
    ·
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    3soe has a mediocre netcode but a lot of people playing it. Marvel Origins has godlike netcode, but very few people play it. Pick your poison.
    Netcode of 3SOE is not mediocre, it's good with good connections and people on your area. Most people think it sucks because there are no filters, no regions, etc... so everyone play everyone, no matter the country etc... and btw, OE will receive an update to fix these issues.
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Netcode of 3SOE is not mediocre, it's good with good connections and people on your area. Most people think it sucks because there are no filters, no regions, etc... so everyone play everyone, no matter the country etc... and btw, OE will receive an update to fix these issues.

Hence why I call it a mediocre netcode. It does a decent job with connections, but usability options are absolute shit. Take the good, combine it with the bad, you get mediocre. Maybe I should've specified that the online matchmaking service as a whole is mediocre.
    ·
    Hence why I call it a mediocre netcode. It does a decent job with connections, but usability options are absolute shit. Take the good, combine it with the bad, you get mediocre. Maybe I should've specified that the online matchmaking service as a whole is mediocre.
    I agree with you about that, options, menus, matchmaking, ranked etc... it sucks and it was not really hard to just copy and paste what GGPO already have.
    ·
  • DJPlaceDJPlace Stoner Of Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 43
    wow it looks like we got pirates on here...
    what the hell is the point of having a signature if we can't post pics!?!
    ·
  • zeromancer187zeromancer187 Yuck! Joined: Posts: 170
    No one is on Origin. Good luck finding a match there.
    ·
    No one is on Origin. Good luck finding a match there.
    Just like Skullgirls, the online is great, you can setup the GGPO delay before play with every opponent when you see his ping and the game itself recommend to you the ideal delay but... no one play this game, no one.
    ·
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    What the fuck is Marvel vs Capcom Origins?
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ·