NYC SG Community

LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 188
Not sure if I can post it here however, do people still play this game locally in NYC and if so where? I really want to get back into this game and play without any online lag to it :D...Help a brother out :D
·

Comments

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,274 ✭✭
    Nonexistent. This game is literally dead in NYC. Most spots are running Xbox360 and the patch is only available on PS3. You would need to session at someone's place on PS3 for the latest version.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try Mashfest NYC.
    https://www.facebook.com/mashfestnyc?ref=ts&fref=ts

They had Skullgirls the last time I was there but only 3 people were playing including myself. Likely have to bring your own console if you want a SG setup.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • El SlothEl Sloth Joined: Posts: 14
    Was just about to ask the same thing myself. Shame to hear that there really isn't a scene at the moment. Maybe we can get a regular group to start going to Battle Circuit or Savage Saturdays?
    ·
  • D_WD_W Disemboded Dave Joined: Posts: 106
    All you need is two people regularly and publicly playing a game to get some interest in it. So go for it!
    My Variety Gaming Youtube Channel

PSN name = Rouge_Waveform
    ·
    All you need is two people regularly and publicly playing a game to get some interest in it. So go for it!
    I think you might need at least 5 people to actually get a small tournament going.
    ·
    I think you might need at least 5 people to actually get a small tournament going.
    ...yes, but to get those five people you need to get interest going and that's something that two people can do.

·
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 188

They had Skullgirls the last time I was there but only 3 people were playing including myself. Likely have to bring your own console if you want a SG setup.
    I didnt know you from NY D:...Also, I dont mind making and sticking with a small community....Hell I started a local scene for DOA5 at TNL every friday so I am sure we can get a few ppl interested in SG :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    ·
    ...yes, but to get those five people you need to get interest going and that's something that two people can do.
    I misunderstood your comment and thought that by "publicly" you meant on stream. Sorry about that.
    ·
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    Savage Saturday works for me. Don't particularly care about having it be an official tourney either. Just getting some casuals in with people for a couple of hours would be fun. Next Level is accessible enough, I think.
    ·
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    I'm starting up weeklies in north new jersey soon. Able to be gotten to from the Path if NY people are interested.
    ·
    I think Next Level is accessible as well but I don't think the ps3 at Next Level has Skullgirls so people would have to bring their setups :D
    ·
    I'm starting up weeklies in north new jersey soon. Able to be gotten to from the Path if NY people are interested.
    What stop on the Path train? And don't they take Metrocards that aren't weekly passes?
    ·
    The last time I took the path (about 2 or 3 years ago) they were taking single rides, unless I'm completely remembering things wrong as that was a pretty ..."interesting" night.

Oh the irony of once I moved away from North Jersey stuff gets started up. Ah well.

·
    The last time I took the path (about 2 or 3 years ago) they were taking single rides, unless I'm completely remembering things wrong as that was a pretty ..."interesting" night.

Oh the irony of once I moved away from North Jersey stuff gets started up. Ah well.
    Yeah I just checked, you can use regular metro cards :D :D :D :D :D :D...Path isnt so bad since I work right next to the station on 34st....WAVE WAVE :D
    ·
    Yeah I just checked, you can use regular metro cards :D :D :D :D :D :D...Path isnt so bad since I work right next to the station on 34st....WAVE WAVE :D

I only use normal metrocards soooooo... yeah
    ·
    Savage Saturday works for me. Don't particularly care about having it be an official tourney either. Just getting some casuals in with people for a couple of hours would be fun. Next Level is accessible enough, I think.
    Well if you are interested in coming to a session, I am sure we can set something up...I don't mind bring my ps3 since the 360 version isn't the most up to date =[
    I only use normal metrocards soooooo... yeah
    When you set up weeklies, hit me up so I can go :D
    ·
  • SleepbringerSleepbringer Joined: Posts: 5
    Im just getting into SG now but yea...community is non-existant. Would love to come to NL for weeklies or whenever. Im available to bring a console as well.
    ·
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    Well if you are interested in coming to a session, I am sure we can set something up...I don't mind bring my ps3 since the 360 version isn't the most up to date =[
    Now we just need a few more people and we can get something going.
    ·
    Im just getting into SG now but yea...community is non-existant. Would love to come to NL for weeklies or whenever. Im available to bring a console as well.
    I feel like there might be quite a number of folks around here who are playing the game, but we just don't about each other because you never hear about Skullgirls weeklies or something happening.
    When you set up weeklies, hit me up so I can go :D
    Ditto to this. Depending on where in North Jersey, it might actually take me less time to get there than Next Level.
    ·
    I feel like there might be quite a number of folks around here who are playing the game, but we just don't about each other because you never hear about Skullgirls weeklies or something happening.

Ditto to this. Depending on where in North Jersey, it might actually take me less time to get there than Next Level.
    I definitely agree with everyone...And I think ppl just don't know this is happening especially since the popular spot that ppl play at only have the 360 version and no one wants to play on the outdated version....I will post the idea of weekly sessions with ppl bringing ps3 on Dustloop as well in case anyone is on there and not here
    ·
    So what's a good day for everyone to come to Next Level? I know I will be bringing my ps3 that day :D
    ·
  • SleepbringerSleepbringer Joined: Posts: 5
    How about next weekend? friday or saturday? And im definitely in to bring a console =D
    ·
    How about next weekend? friday or saturday? And im definitely in to bring a console =D
    I can do Friday because I close on Saturday :D :D :D :D...I will be there definitely at 2pm
    ·
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I didnt know you from NY D:...Also, I dont mind making and sticking with a small community....Hell I started a local scene for DOA5 at TNL every friday so I am sure we can get a few ppl interested in SG :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I go to this occasionally and I would gladly play Skullgirls with you, mind you I have no experience with the patch as I only have the game on 360.

One of the regulars normally brings a PS3 with it on it but you are more than welcome to bring your system as well.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

·
    I go to this occasionally and I would gladly play Skullgirls with you, mind you I have no experience with the patch as I only have the game on 360.

One of the regulars normally brings a PS3 with it on it but you are more than welcome to bring your system as well.
    The next one is going to be on 2/4 which I am not sure I will be able to go to that one since I haven't received my work schedule yet =[
    ·
    Ok so just a heads up, I will be at next level tomorrow with my ps3 for anyone that is interesting in playing skullgirls...I will be there at 2pm and will stay until 11pm...If you happen to come and you don't see Skullgirls being played then chances are that I am practicing Doa5 or Psas or something..Don't be shy :D :D :D :D :D :D
    ·
  • DoshingtonDoshington Joined: Posts: 82
    Hey everybody, I don't consider myself a player who's vying to "become competitive" or anything like that, but I'd say I have at least a decent grasp on the game (everybody would probably thrash me anyway) and I think I'm finally ready to start jumping into these kinds of events! Unfortunately, I live in Huntington (about 1 hour east of Penn Station on the LIRR), so I might be a bit out there... but let me know if there's anything big going down on the weekend, since I'll do my damned hardest to be there!

I'm not a huge fan of online games because I've always considered being physically near your opponent as something that made fighting games especially fun, so I'm probably not going to have a huge online presence.... however, I don't mind lugging around controllers or consoles to these kinds of events to meet cool new people at all whatsoever.

Sorry for hopping on the train so late!

I've introduced Skullgirls to two groups of friends of mine, but I'll say that none of them are really into competition in gaming (although they can't get enough of watching the game on the big screens)... so I guess if anything, there might be more people familiar with Skullgirls than know how to play it well, haha.
    ·
  • Nap1400Nap1400 Finally unlurking Joined: Posts: 21
    Hey everybody, I don't consider myself a player who's vying to "become competitive" or anything like that, but I'd say I have at least a decent grasp on the game (everybody would probably thrash me anyway) and I think I'm finally ready to start jumping into these kinds of events! Unfortunately, I live in Huntington (about 1 hour east of Penn Station on the LIRR), so I might be a bit out there... but let me know if there's anything big going down on the weekend, since I'll do my damned hardest to be there!

I'm not a huge fan of online games because I've always considered being physically near your opponent as something that made fighting games especially fun, so I'm probably not going to have a huge online presence.... however, I don't mind lugging around controllers or consoles to these kinds of events to meet cool new people at all whatsoever.

Sorry for hopping on the train so late!

I've introduced Skullgirls to two groups of friends of mine, but I'll say that none of them are really into competition in gaming (although they can't get enough of watching the game on the big screens)... so I guess if anything, there might be more people familiar with Skullgirls than know how to play it well, haha.

Hey, I didn't know there were any other LIers around here, let alone in Huntington. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I live over at Huntington Station.

Anyone know of any events in that area? Because I sure don't. I'm lucky I know a couple of guys who are interested in the game at all.
    ·
    Hmm... you know, I've actually been pretty disconnected from any local gaming scenes, unfortunately. It's something I haven't even considered because I used to have a group of friends that I'd hang out with each weekend and play competitive/co-op games together with (not anymore since we've all gone our separate ways due to work/school/etc.). At this moment, I usually hang out with another group of friends who I play games with from time to time, but I'd say none of them are really into fighting games aside from like.... Street Fighter 2 for the most part. Still, they're pretty big into gaming and etc., so we have this hugeass TV that we always slap some game on and just play while enjoying eachother's company (Skullgirls, Soul Calibur 4/5, SFxT, Blazblue and etc. as far as fighting games go)... it's just a shame that nobody else except for myself are really that into the more recent fighting games that have come out lately.

If I do find anything out, I'll let you know. Let me know too, if you think there will be anything close by! If anything, I don't mind hanging out whenever, haha. Gotta get my car problem resolved (selling one to buy a newer one hopefully soon).
    ·
  • sol dudesol dude dullest word Joined: Posts: 8
    Will anybody be around playing skullgirls at savage saturdays tomorrow. This is gong to be my first tournament and i was hoping to play some casuals tomorrow while i was there so it sucks to hear that there is really no skullgirls scene around new york
    ·
    Will anybody be around playing skullgirls at savage saturdays tomorrow. This is gong to be my first tournament and i was hoping to play some casuals tomorrow while i was there so it sucks to hear that there is really no skullgirls scene around new york
    I won't be there on Saturday...However, I didnt find anyone that wanted to play Skullgirls on the patched ps3 =[
    ·
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    The next one is going to be on 2/4 which I am not sure I will be able to go to that one since I haven't received my work schedule yet =[
    Odds are I won't be able to make it tonight anyway, maybe next time.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

·
    Odds are I won't be able to make it tonight anyway, maybe next time.
    I didnt even realize that I posted it for today...Sorry on my part =[....It definitely won't happen today...What is a good day for everyone that isn't this friday?
    ·
    http://www.facebook.com/events/403590659735175/413231368771104/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

ANOTHER SHAMELESS PLUG!
    Seriously guys come out and support. I'm fairly certain you can get to Kearny via mass transit... fairly.
    ·

http://www.facebook.com/events/403590659735175/413231368771104/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

ANOTHER SHAMELESS PLUG!
    Seriously guys come out and support. I'm fairly certain you can get to Kearny via mass transit... fairly.

Kearny? Unfortunately that's a bit too far out for me... I guess if there were some huge event at a convenient time, I'd probably be able to justify going as a once-in-a-year type of event, haha.
    ·

Hate to pimp the tournament again, but this just happened at the venue.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE MISSING! LOOK AT IT!
    ·
    Hey... At the NJ tournament  I'm running... Marvel has 20 entrants... Skullgirls has four... where you at community? http://www.facebook.com/events/403590659735175/?fref=ts
    ·
  • MakrossMakross Average Joe Joined: Posts: 158

Hate to pimp the tournament again, but this just happened at the venue.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE MISSING! LOOK AT IT!
    wtf that dude banging that teddybear
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    So, how did this go? Did you get enough entrants?
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    Hey, guys, how about we set a hard date to meet up? 2 weeks from now, on March 2nd (a Saturday), let's get together at Next Level and just play some damn Skullgirls.

I'll consider it a success even if it's only 2 of us.

If the XBLA version is patched by then, then I'll bring my hard drive with me so we can use of the 360's there. If not, then I'd appreciate it if one of the PSN Master Race could bless us with their presence (and console).

Maybe if we get 5+ dudes there we can run some miniature tournament ourselves.

Come on, guys, if Jersey can do it then we sure as hell can do at least this, right?
    ·
  • ErkicmanErkicman Joined: Posts: 175
    view619 said:
    So, how did this go? Did you get enough entrants?
    I think I heard on commentary they got 13 for SG that night.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    That's awesome. Congrats.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    YEah we got 13 entrats, though admittedly 4 of those were my personal friends and me.

We are aiming for march 9th for our next meeting
    ·
    YEah we got 13 entrats, though admittedly 4 of those were my personal friends and me.

We are aiming for march 9th for our next meeting
    Im happy the turnout was pretty good. Sorry I couldn't make it because I had a family emergency. I was suppose to bring the ps3 and psas =[.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    El Sloth said:
    Hey, guys, how about we set a hard date to meet up? 2 weeks from now, on March 2nd (a Saturday), let's get together at Next Level and just play some damn Skullgirls.

I'll consider it a success even if it's only 2 of us.

If the XBLA version is patched by then, then I'll bring my hard drive with me so we can use of the 360's there. If not, then I'd appreciate it if one of the PSN Master Race could bless us with their presence (and console).

Maybe if we get 5+ dudes there we can run some miniature tournament ourselves.

Come on, guys, if Jersey can do it then we sure as hell can do at least this, right?
    I do sessions for DOA5 at TNL which I have to bring my ps3 there every friday. So I can definitely bring my ps3 march 2nd if we can get something happening for SG :D :D :D. Shameless plug here, if anyone here plays DOA5, I will be at TNL on 2/22 with a friend doing DOA5 sessions 
    Post edited by LSlick on
    ·
    LSlick said:
    I do sessions for DOA5 at TNL which I have to bring my ps3 there every friday. So I can definitely bring my ps3 march 2nd if we can get something happening for SG :D :D :D. Shameless plug here, if anyone here plays DOA5, I will be at TNL on 2/22 with a friend doing DOA5 sessions 
    Sweet! That's at least one PS3 and one person! Do you know any other places, other than the Skullheart forum and /r/Skullgirls on reddit, where Skullgirls players post? If so, mind giving them a heads up in the slim chance there is a dude from the city there?
    ·
    El Sloth said:
    LSlick said:
    Sweet! That's at least one PS3 and one person! Do you know any other places, other than the Skullheart forum and /r/Skullgirls on reddit, where Skullgirls players post? If so, mind giving them a heads up in the slim chance there is a dude from the city there?
    I can definitely post this on the Skullheart forum and on dustloop as well 
    ·
    Bumping in the hopes of getting any more hard confirmations other than me and LSlick.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Just a heads that we're having our first of a, hopefully, regular Skullgirls session tomorrow!

So far there are at least 6 of us confirmed to show up and 2 PS3's.

It'll be a casual sort of thing, so don't worry about having to be "good" or anything like that. Think of this as an opportunity to get better and meet new people! Also, anyone willing to lug their PS3 with Skullgirls down with them would be greatly appreciated and rightfully recognized as a True Bro
    ™.

Post edited by El Sloth on
    ·
    Have we set a date for the next session? Since Skullheart is down, I can't verify it =[
    ·