I had thought about doing this and someone in the tier thread mentioned it earlier.
1. List your current main team and how you think it deals with Morrigan/Doom between the point/second and anchor. Do all 3 characters with or without assist have a fighting shot or are you up the creek if left with a certain one? Does your team have ashot whether Morri is on point or in the second spot?
2. What team(s) do you think would do well or possibly eventually counter MorriDoom?
3. Do you believe the team is truly that unbeatable or do you believe its more Chris G?
I'll also list who has stated their opinion on the Team or Chris G thing.
Shell is basically unbeatable once conditions are met/he found an end game team = Ultimator, D4Gamers
Chris G is Chris G/Other players not optimizing teams = DevilJin01, LegendaryDJ, Climhazzardous, Lanzoma, AzureJericho
Both = Phantasy, mega_buster (more towards Chris G)
1. My current new team that I'm maining is Viper/Strange bolts/Dante jam. I believe pretty much every character on the team has some type of answer to Morri Doom. Viper...I've already explained enough especially if she's on point and low on meter. Can put projectiles on the screen faster and with more durability than Morrigan. Bolts and lasers take up the full horizontal space for a very long time and cuts off her abilit to use an assist to set up AV to begin with. Things go bad Viper has a lot of air options to start burning things out or if she has meter can go HAM with EX thunder knuckle or seismo to get in. Just have to be careful about her building a second meter and DHCing into Vergil if that is who is second.
Strange especially with meter and jam sess can help get projectiles on the screen quickly to soak things up. Mystic sword should easily be able to cut off missiles calls and/or keep her at bay from the projectiles she throws from the air. With meter you have vishanti to instantly blow up any bad fireballs and blow up missiles also if she was near Doom. Projectile counter super can clear things up and blow up Doom assist also. Plus HAM teleports.
Dante has plenty tools of his own on point especially with Devil Trigger. Thunder bolt and vortex are both great for pressuring Morri's fireball and normal game and cutting off missiles calls. Especially with bolts assist could work well even if she's in AV.
2. Not going to list any specific teams but I can see teams with point Hawkeye, Viper, V.Joe, Magneto and Firebrand especially doing well in the future. Rushdown types still strong at running in if she's on point before she gets started.
That's just against point Morri. More characters/teams should be able to handle second spot Morri although that may end up being her most dangerous spot in the future.
3. I think its more Chris G than anything. Morri/Vergil/Doom is cheap...but too many people act as if the team is doing more work than Chris G is. Although Morrigan is one of the best characters at dealing with the start of the round...you'd rather be fighting her first than Vergil with infinite meter and missiles. Put together a team that can beat her flood and kill her off and set up guard break/unblockable on Vergil if she dies in the corner.
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14
SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM
------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01