Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! -NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE MAX (9/30)- ASW NETCODE CONFIRMED

Comments

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,694
    What exactly was wrong with regular AH3 and why did a lot of arcana players hate on it? 3 is the only one I've played btw.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,969
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    What exactly was wrong with regular AH3 and why did a lot of arcana players hate on it? 3 is the only one I've played btw.
    AH3 made drastic changes in where the meta had change completely.

AH1/2
    homing and aracna gauge was separated
    homing had a mandatory cost for all homing
    arcanae gauge could be stacked to 9
    ah2 introduce arcana burst
    ah2 introduce critical hearts

Ah3 vanilla
    arcana and homing gauge were combined
    outside of homing cancel, guard cancel, homing has no cost
    ah2 previouse mechanics where alter.
    Final critical hearts was introduce

in short previous arcana games has more grounded game due to meter management with homing gauge. While Ah3 has more arial game as homing as no cost neutral state and extend force alter how previous mechanics function.

While I must admit i was bigger fan of ah2, ah3 vanilla was really superior in many aspects that i have to respect it. Now love max seem to redeem the stuff that plaque it in ts vanilla state.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    Vanilla AH3 was a big departure from AH1/2s system. Homing cost meter no matter what in 1/2, which changed the flow of the game quite drastically. Instead of the open neutral movement game you find in AH3 you had a much more grounded game like you'd find in a lot of other fgs. There were a number of old players who did not like this change.

Another change because of that was just how strong neutral homing was. Characters with a strong jump cancelable move that they could use in blockstrings (i.e. Heart 2B/5C, Weiss 5C super jump cancel) turned those characters into pressure monsters. You also had really nasty high/low off of those pressure strings because of how low you could homing off of your jump cancel. This is the part that players really threw their cookies across the floor about. This has been adjusted in Love Max to help tone down that pressure.

The only other complaint I've heard is that some of the older players thought that the new meter system was scrubby and discouraged proper meter management. This is the one I disagree with the most. The argument was that because meter regens you could spend meter whenever you wanted. This is entirely wrong and you will get fucked if you just go wasting your meter on homing cancels to make unsafe moves safe, or try to 4/6D all of the time.

p.s. AH1/2 bursts are awful. Unless you're a Kira player then the system was still awful but you could scam the fuck out of it.

As someone who liked AH3s system a lot more, Love Max takes that system and just refines it. What's actually more important is the balancing done to the characters. A lot of characters had moves with weird properties (i.e. Heart EX Tekken Punch being air unblockable, I'll miss you)

• Lyte EdgeLyte Edge He's That Guy Joined: Posts: 32
    Just received the import version of this for Vita and wanted to note the long load times.

It took 17 seconds to load the character select screen, then another 25-30 seconds to load a match. Have tested this in training mode and in the score attack mode. The latter means that you will play one round, wait 25-30 second, and play another round against a new opponent. Nothing is faster once you get going.

BlazBlue CP also has noticeably-long load times on Vita. No idea what's up with Arc and this recently.

Load times aside, this is a great port.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm enjoying my copy of Love Max.
    Got the hard copy, came in yesterday, been toying with Elsa's new changes. It's a shame that the online is horrendous (PSN is gonna PSN), but it's whatever, the game itself is great and plays well otherwise.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    PozerWolf wrote: »
    It's a shame that the online is horrendous (PSN is gonna PSN)...

You in Japan? Cos it plays just fine here. I suck but not because online is bad... here.

豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
    I have had zero issues with the netcode PozerWolf, and the general concensus is with me on that one. Maybe there's an issue with your network configuration?
    Sorry, playing in America. And since it's PSN, PSN is gonna PSN.
    The input delay is rather awful, but American PSN has always been like this. But I will say, the original AH3 and BBCP plays better. Kinda sucks, since it feels like I'm always playing under water, it's difficult punishing players who back home and randomly natural home a lot online with the delay. Oh well, what can you do... hopefully more people will get into the game around my area? (sad face)

And no, it's definitely not my connection, since I can jump on my PC games and Xbox 360 games with near perfect connections.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • DremDrem Joined: Posts: 39
    US East Coast here. Netcode has been fantastic for me. As good if not better than vanilla AH3.
    And no, it's definitely not my connection, since I can jump on my PC games and Xbox 360 games with near perfect connections.
    That says nothing about your ps3s port forwarding situation on your network.

All I know is that no one else is having these issues with the netcode, which leads me to believe that this is an issue with your network configuration or the person or people you're netplaying with.
    PaperTigre wrote: »
    That says nothing about your ps3s port forwarding situation on your network.

All I know is that no one else is having these issues with the netcode, which leads me to believe that this is an issue with your network configuration or the person or people you're netplaying with.
    Hmmmmmmm, I thought at this point people would be aware of PSN poor networking especially since the VF5 blow up. And it always confuses me when people suggest others to port forward net work connections when they are hard wired, but whatever, I don't expect anyone here to know much about networking anyways.

The proof is in the pudding; PSN has always had poor performance in America and these are facts that have been concluded by basically everyone... well, almost everyone. Some still remain in denial for odd reasons. I'm guessing these people who deny it are people who are involved in the fanboy-type console wars, or just these people can't seem establish the difference.
    Sadly, Arcana 3 Love Max is of no exception, as there is a force pre-buffer of 6 frames of input lag at minimum. With the game of it's pace, these leads to very strong online tactics. But then again, I suppose the same can be said of all online games.

Regardless, I expected "more" when I was told how great the netcoding was, when in the end, it seemed irrelevant when it came to american PSN. Always funny playing friends offline and playing them online only to get total opposite results. But alas, what can you do.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • DremDrem Joined: Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    Port forwarding is a feature that is now standard on internet routers and doesn't have anything to do with how you're connecting to the router, whether through an ethernet cable or wireless adapter. If you have your PS3 connecting to a router then you may still need to manually forward some ports for PSN (check PortForward.com for directions). If your PS3 is connected directly to your modem, check to see if your modem has any built in router features. You can also try running the Internet Connection test in the PS3 system settings to see what NAT type you are being given. If it says NAT Type 3 then there's definitely a connection issue with your PS3.
    You keep typing "American PSN" like somehow the code is different from any other PSN version.

I also encourage you to actually read up on what Port Forwarding is, hell there's even a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding

Like Drem said it has nothing to do with wired vs wireless connection.

You say the proof is in the pudding and so far you're the only one who seems to have bad pudding in this situation. I have seriously not heard anyone else have this issue.
    Double post- call the cops etc. This warrants it though.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forum/296-arcana-heart-3/ Nadakai and myself have been hard at work getting an AH3LM subforum up and running over on Dustloop!

Why, you may ask? To help expand discussion of the game, we felt it was best to bring the discussion to an existing playerbase that already has a large overlap with our existing community. I appreciate all that homingcancel has served us over the last few years, but giving the game more exposure and sharing information is always a positive thing.
  • nekohimenekohime Joined: Posts: 127
    My copy came in today and I played a few matches online. The netcode seems exactly the same as it was in vanilla, which I thought was pretty good. I do seem to remember people saying the PS3 version of vanilla had slightly more lag than the Xbox360 version back when it came out, just because of the differences between PSN and XBL. Even so, a 3 or 4 connection is perfectly playable and 2 can be decent sometimes.
    -this space for rent-
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,372
    Which characters are better in love max then in vanilla?
  • antman811antman811 Joined: Posts: 50
    edited June 2014
    Change-list: http://blog.homingcancel.com/arcana-heart-3-love-max-translated-change-list/#more-101

From dustloop:
    Tigre:
    'They aren't, calm down.This is why I dislike when people look at tier lists as the gospel.

I legitimately feel that the bottom tier in this game can deal with the top two characters. The biggest difference to me is the damage output off of any random hit.
    And I play a character that dropped from S tier to B tier according to the Arcadia tier list, watch me give a fuck what that tier list says, my character is still insanely capable, so are yours.'

Pichy:

'Zenia, Mei Fang, Kira and Kamui all got good buffs. Akane and Nazuna, not so much. Of course, the game's one that very much rewards playing the system more than the character. Just play whoever you enjoy most and share your excitement for the game!!!!!'

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8382-lm-news-gameplay-discussion/page-5

And the tier-lists:

http://homingcancel.com/arcana-heart-3-general-discussion/arcana-heart-3-love-max!!!!!-tier-lists-by-known-players/
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,372
    Oh ok thanks alot
  • aokmaniac13aokmaniac13 Legendary Blue Shirt Joined: Posts: 17
    SugoiDB is now an APP! ?color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&data=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justnopoint.com%2Flbends%2Fjunk%2FSugoiDB.apk&qzone=1&margin=0&size=100x100&ecc=L]ScreenshotScreenshot
    Current Version - Beta 2

This is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated!
    imdabes
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,178
    edited August 2014
    Eh NISA in Europe, judging by the current state of the NISA EU store best bet's still importing from America tbh, even if customs gets you it'll still be cheaper and you'll get it quicker.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,328
    WTB PS4 pls
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,636
    edited September 2014
    I heard western players can't play with Japan players but who plays with Japan in AH3 anyway? 4 out of 5 of them boot foreigners anyway.
    (well they often did in vanilla AH3 online)

http://bit.ly/1v5UURA

well some are demanding a patch, but like seriously, if they have to depend on Japan players to have a active community online, they really aren't
    networking enough to have their own league in the region for online and expand the AH fanbase.

Plus even ASW netcode isn't so great for NA/EU play with JPN in a lot of cases.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
    edited September 2014
    That's not the issue here, the issue is that a number of the US players (myself included) have purchased the game already. This isn't between US and JP players, it's between US and JP copies of the game.

I plan on buying the US copy, but until it comes in I'm unable to play with those who have purchased the US version.

Almost no one thinks they're going to get a good connection with jp lol
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    That price with PS+ discount... I should have bought digital, considering this game is going to get instantly eclipsed by Ultimax for me. Well I supported the developer I guess.
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 112
    Ragnorok64 wrote: »
    That price with PS+ discount... I should have bought digital, considering this game is going to get instantly eclipsed by Ultimax for me. Well I supported the developer I guess.

PS+ price is crazy. Decided to check PSN just for laughs before I went to find a copy. Couldn't believe it.
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    affinity wrote: »
    (well they often did in vanilla AH3 online)

Cos yo third world Murkan innanetz sarkz and cos you be very far away. No one here wants to play laggy ass gaijin.
    豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,012
    What is this shit of the netcode being blocked by region?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    I had enough points from the gas station to get a $20 PSN card so I'll buy digitally and return my Amazon copy when it arrives. Even with the ~$5 it'll cost to return I still make out way better.
  • Damage898Damage898 Overrated Joined: Posts: 491
    Can you not make the girls change faces with lp anymore? I tried looking online but can't find any info on it.
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 112
    Damage898 wrote: »
    Can you not make the girls change faces with lp anymore? I tried looking online but can't find any info on it.

You can, I think it was with LP (Square), but you can do it for sure!
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,501
    people still play this?
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,696
    edited December 2014
    You know how companies announce DLC before the game is out?

Examu announces lewd hugpillows instead.
    Did they give Nazuna a boob job?
    nazuna_inuwaka_vector_by_anubis55-d32k0yn.png
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• nekohimenekohime Joined: Posts: 127
    edited December 2014
    Funny how Minori's lingerie is less revealing than her normal outfit.
    tataki wrote: »
    Did they give Nazuna a boob job?
    That or she's not 13 anymore.

Edit: I just noticed the spelling for Weiss's image file
    http://www.examu.co.jp/ex-blog/media/8/vaise.jpg

Edit 2: All joking aside, I do hope Six Stars continues Arcana's history of being damn good games.
    -this space for rent-
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,328
    nekohime wrote: »
    Edit: I just noticed the spelling for Weiss's image file
    http://www.examu.co.jp/ex-blog/media/8/vaise.jpg

Well to be fair that is how you pronounce it. It's probably the Japanese spelling as opposed to the German.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,178
    NO!

What the fuck did they do to Nazuna, that shits just wrong man.

At least she still kicks ass in game (well her pets do)
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Qu_AneQu_Ane Joined: Posts: 251
    Iduno wrote: »
    NO!

What the fuck did they do to Nazuna, that shits just wrong man.

At least she still kicks ass in game (well her pets do)
    Okay now I'm interested.

*scroll*

AHAHA, oppai loli huh? This is gonna be interesting. xD
    [Arcana Heart 3: LM!!!]: Petra/Weiss [KOF]: Kula/Kim/Hwa [GGXRD]: Elphelt
    PSN: Qu_Ane
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://gematsu.com/2015/09/arcana-heart-3-love-max-coming-pc-steam-september-29

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max coming to Steam on 9/29..............hope the netcode is good to regain interest in this game.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske