Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! -NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE MAX (9/30)- ASW NETCODE CONFIRMED

145679

Comments

  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    d3v wrote: »
    Because it's against SRK policy to cover anything related to crowd funding.

    Why if I may ask?
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,142 mod
    edited July 7
    tataki wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Because it's against SRK policy to cover anything related to crowd funding.

    Why if I may ask?

    To A) not affiliate SRK with a fundraising effort in a way that could be construed as endorsement, and B) not provide free publicity/advertising for their projects, is what we've been told from above.

    That said, I've brought it up with my editor and we're looking into how much discretion we have on covering these things in the future.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • MintyBeatsMintyBeats Joined: Posts: 3
    edited July 8
    Sounds slightly fallacious with all the promotional articles, unaffiliated sale alerts, accolades based articles, and multiple high praise opinion articles.
    But oh well, let's see how it ends up with the higher ups first.
    EDIT: Wait a second, Skullgirls' and Yagatsuru's Indiegogo was just fine a few years ago. Including Indivisible which doesn't even have to do with fighting games.
    If it's a retraction based rule, I understand, but SRK was endorsing the hell out of Skullgirls otherwise. Reported the voting, the funding progress, the bonuses, WHEN the bonuses were coming out, etc.
    Post edited by MintyBeats on
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,923
    edited July 7
    with all the kickstarter money, couldn't they just make a Arcana Heart 4, using Arcana Heart 3 Love Max roster as a foundation, and adding more new characters and stages on top of it?
    AH4 is overdue, and it would make more sales on PS4.

    PC doesn't seem all that fighting crazy, and they tend to rather pirate and emulate fighting games.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    affinity wrote: »
    with all the kickstarter money, couldn't they just make a Arcana Heart 4, using Arcana Heart 3 Love Max roster as a foundation, and adding more new characters and stages on top of it?
    AH4 is overdue, and it would make more sales on PS4.

    PC doesn't seem all that fighting crazy, and they tend to rather pirate and emulate fighting games.

    Examu has already stated that they've started the production of Arcana Heart 4. This was just a means to getting the latest & last version of AH3 out the door to the domestic & international market. Keep in mind that their also working on "Million Arthur: Arcana Blood" for Square-Enix also.
    MintyBeats wrote: »
    Sounds slightly fallacious with all the promotional articles, unaffiliated sale alerts, accolades based articles, and multiple high praise opinion articles.
    But oh well, let's see how it ends up with the higher ups first.
    EDIT: Wait a second, Skullgirls' and Yagatsuru's Indiegogo was just fine a few years ago. Including Indivisible which doesn't even have to do with fighting games.
    If it's a retraction based rule, I understand, but SRK was endorsing the hell out of Skullgirls otherwise. Reported the voting, the funding progress, the bonuses, WHEN the bonuses were coming out, etc.

    I think the rule change might have had to do something with the "Beast Fury" fiasco. If that is the main reason for the rule change regarding Kickstarter articles, then I can probably understand.

    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    d3v wrote: »
    tataki wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Because it's against SRK policy to cover anything related to crowd funding.

    Why if I may ask?

    To A) not affiliate SRK with a fundraising effort in a way that could be construed as endorsement, and B) not provide free publicity/advertising for their projects, is what we've been told from above.

    That said, I've brought it up with my editor and we're looking into how much discretion we have on covering these things in the future.

    You're such a horrible fucking liar it hurts.

    http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/27/skullgirls-fundraiser-surpasses-150000-goal-in-less-than-24-hours/
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    tataki wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Because it's against SRK policy to cover anything related to crowd funding.

    Why if I may ask?

    To A) not affiliate SRK with a fundraising effort in a way that could be construed as endorsement, and B) not provide free publicity/advertising for their projects, is what we've been told from above.

    That said, I've brought it up with my editor and we're looking into how much discretion we have on covering these things in the future.

    You're such a horrible fucking liar it hurts.

    http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/27/skullgirls-fundraiser-surpasses-150000-goal-in-less-than-24-hours/

    And there's also that.......
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Ah ya beat me to it. Oh well. I really do hope these gets funded. I'm very interested in Omega for some reason.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • MintyBeatsMintyBeats Joined: Posts: 3
    It's just a black blazer and cape, but I can't shake off Black coming off as "if that Akatsuki Blitzkampf crossover became a thing."
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited July 12
    Shark Girl?

    Are they also considering Lava Boy? Oh wait, no, no boys allowed.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    MintyBeats wrote: »
    It's just a black blazer and cape, but I can't shake off Black coming off as "if that Akatsuki Blitzkampf crossover became a thing."

    Looks like a cross of Mycale and Perfecti.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    What chances do you think are that those characters would be on AH4 and this will serve as an sneakpeak?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What chances do you think are that those characters would be on AH4 and this will serve as an sneakpeak?

    I really don't think AH4 is happening, what with the death of the director. I think this is going to be the last hurrah for the series.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    It is stated that they are already working on the new AH4.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Hecatom wrote: »
    It is stated that they are already working on the new AH4.

    This was stated before the director's death, but I think it may be cancelled as a result of his death.

    I haven't heard anything about them continuing despite his death. If I'm wrong, that's great! I'm glad they're still going forward with it.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    They will just replace him with someone else. Show must go on.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    The director didn't die, the director is Kazuma Hayashi. The person who died was the scenario planner, AKA a story guy.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    Not so sure about those goals but at least shark girl is the quickest. I hope they at least make it to her required funds. Others would be fine to but at least if she can be done that will be nice. Either way it is great that they made their main goal.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    The director didn't die, the director is Kazuma Hayashi. The person who died was the scenario planner, AKA a story guy.

    Tohru Sakurai......the Scenario Planner/Writter but also titled as the creator of the Arcana Heart series.

    At any rate, I really want to know what that final stretch goal is going to be. If that's going to be the rumored console port, they need to go ahead and show it cause that's holding back a LOT of the people who are interested in funding this thing.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,923
    edited July 14
    it is strange they prioritized PC port over PS4 port, when the series was originally a playstation console ported arcade series (PS2, PS3), and PC doesnt have a solid craving for fighting games like consoles do. there isn't ever a fighting game in their top 10 games. ah well, do agree they should list console port after the $570,000 reward if that's what they are planning. Bloodstained got like $5,000,000 in funding, partially because PS4 port was confirmed from the start. I wasn't even aware beyond the PC port there would be new arcana and playable characters they are planning depending on funding, but shoulda known, since kickstarter tends to have stretch goals that would add more content. much of the indusrty is in the dark about these stretch goals, are they really banking it all on the PC market? PS4 has over 60,000,000 owners. and PSN is one of the most money making markets. maybe the devs have yet to come across these facts http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-sonys-psn-is-making-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo

  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    affinity wrote: »
    it is strange they prioritized PC port over PS4 port, when the series was originally a playstation console ported arcade series (PS2, PS3), and PC doesnt have a solid craving for fighting games like consoles do. there isn't ever a fighting game in their top 10 games. ah well, do agree they should list console port after the $570,000 reward if that's what they are planning. Bloodstained got like $5,000,000 in funding, partially because PS4 port was confirmed from the start. I wasn't even aware beyond the PC port there would be new arcana and playable characters they are planning depending on funding, but shoulda known, since kickstarter tends to have stretch goals that would add more content. much of the indusrty is in the dark about these stretch goals, are they really banking it all on the PC market? PS4 has over 60,000,000 owners. and PSN is one of the most money making markets. maybe the devs have yet to come across these facts http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-sonys-psn-is-making-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo

    You have to keep in mind that Examu is mostly a 30-member development team (don't know where that stands but from the last time I read about their development team, it was rather small) and they never did have the funds to publish their own game thus is why they always relied on Arc System Works for their own IPs while doing work for other companies like AquaPlus, Marvelous, & now Square-Enix. Also keep in mind that yeah, it's expensive to publish games on consoles......at least for them; let alone publish updates and such so with Six Stars, in the event that they do a console version, they'll have to get the version out in a near perfect state where it won't cost them as much in the long run if they had to push out a update.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,923
    edited July 15
    yea consoles are expensive to publish games on, even Illfonic had a heck of a time trying to get their game certified on PS4. it's understandable even early access games mostly start on PC since its a free market/platform. it does make sense.

    so its really in the hands of the PC masses to see how much content it gets.
  • ArjanNArjanN Joined: Posts: 8
    edited July 24
    By the way, they reached the 170K goal for adding Paracelsia as an Arcana and rebalancing the game. With a decent ending push they should be able to reach the shark girl stretch goal.

    I4cHoYf.jpg

  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    edited July 24
    I really hope that those who don't make it are part of AH4 when it comes out.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,449
    edited July 24
    Hope they reach Shark Girl soon
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,449
    Dark Heart seems interesting too. Cool to see she'll be Heart's rival
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    I'd rather have the nazi schoolgirl than the moe fish. Hope she makes it later.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    I would prefer the nudist angel, but everyone is fine with me.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 559
    KensouADV wrote: »

    Parace l'Cia as an Arcana?! Do fucking want!
    But Omega does look very interesting.

  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 428
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I would prefer the nudist angel, but everyone is fine with me.

    Yeah she looks hot and will most likely have a badass style

    Some Omega fanart
    DE-knITUAAEJyM1.jpg
    DEoB3pCUwAAu2No.jpg
  • ArjanNArjanN Joined: Posts: 8
    Xhominid wrote: »
    Parace l'Cia as an Arcana?! Do fucking want!
    But Omega does look very interesting.

    They're at $192,684 now, so they already reached Parace. :)

    Also, they doing an AMA on Reddit on the 28th:
    AMA session with Koji Takaya!

    On July 29th, 2017, 10:00AM(JST), which is 28th, 09:00PM for East Coast US and 02:00AM for those in the UK, our Director Koji Takaya will be doing a AMA session on Reddit. We will be accepting questions in English with “consecutive translation” team to help Takaya answering questions. We will be posting the URL in the next update. There might be more participants from EXAMU. So stay tuned for the upcoming updates!

    That is it for today. Thank you for supporting Arcana Heart, and let's reach for the MAX we can go in the last week of the campaign.

  • ennuiennui Joined: Posts: 44
    Xhominid wrote: »
    But Omega does look very interesting.

    I know! I wish I had $300,000 of pocket money I could blow without a second thought so we can enjoy all the new characters and the new storyline. I really hope they implement some extra way to get the funding they need for the rest of what they are planning for Six Stars. It would be a damn shame if we end up missing out.
  • ArjanNArjanN Joined: Posts: 8
    Over 200K now.
  • ArjanNArjanN Joined: Posts: 8
    Update: I day left

    The kickstarter is at $250,098

    https://kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/

    Next character stretch goal is less than 10K away.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    And Shark Girl is a go!
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • ArjanNArjanN Joined: Posts: 8
    Nice, there's been a solid final push these last couple of days. Hope they find a way to get the other characters in there as well, although they'll probably need outside funding.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,923
    edited August 1
    ArjanN wrote: »
    Nice, there's been a solid final push these last couple of days. Hope they find a way to get the other characters in there as well, although they'll probably need outside funding.

    couldn't they fund them with post launch sales? Friday the 13th The Game devs got extra motivation to add more stuff as patches, due to the profitable post launch sales.

    a developer can patch an post launched arcade game with more characters, so can this new AH3 edition.
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 889
    I liked AH1, it had a fun combo system, they totally ruined Lilica by AH3.
Sign In or Register to comment.