Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition Arcade Stick

Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,162
edited February 23 in Tech Talk
**Read this first post thoroughly before asking/posting questions!**

Can't stress this enough...

It's great as a beginner stick due to the recent price drop IF you don't plan on modding it besides the simple stuff (swapping out the restrictor gate, changing out the balltop, shaft & buttons as long you're willing to lose the LED function) but I don't recommend it as your first stick if you want to do anything more.

EDIT: 4/15/13

Kaihong was nice enough to offer detailed pics & dissection starting with this post:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8091923/#Comment_8091923

EDIT: 6/5/13

FWIW, I ended up using it for a few hours wanting to really like it but ultimately unloaded mine on eBay a few weeks ago (yes, I'm the one that created this thread!). If it was the only stick I own then I probably wouldn't mind modding it. IMHO, it's a mid-tier stick at best but just too much work (dremeling the bottom of Sanwa buttons to make the OEM LED's fit in there with Sanwa SW-68 microswitches, using spacers to make a JLF fit, adding weights, etc.) to make it a quality top-tier stick (just not motivated enough to do all that easy yet tedious work). A little annoyed (I'm over it, ha!) WB didn't allow PDP to announce (before launch date) exactly what components (manufacturer) would be inside of it but I guess now we all know why though most of us suspected it wouldn't be top-tier components from Sanwa or Seimitsu anyway. Love the semi-grippy rubber texture (spray on?!?) of the case & LED lights...but that was it! I probably wouldn't pay no more than $75 for it but that's just me. Also wasn't feeling the Namco Noir/Astro City button layout.

EDIT: 1/10/14

Gamestop had a sale for $55 (after $5 off & free shipping codes) so I caved in & bought it since I couldn't resist the price for an all-LED stick. Also, I'm crossing my fingers the developers of Injustice (PS4) will implement a patch to allow the use of this stick but highly doubt it.

EDIT: 2/11/14

Price dropped to $40 but sold out for both consoles.

If you guys/gals don't care about the LED's, has a Vewlix button layout & a ball-top then for around $60 the Qanba Q1 is an alternative option. It includes a table mount/clamp, octo/circular gates, button plugs & a USB-cable storage compartment. It uses the same exact buttons & joystick lever as the Injustice stick.

Details:

Case material: Plastic with spray on (?!?) soft rubber matte black texture & thin foam bottom panel. Clear top panel is plastic. There are no metal panels. Also has a detachable 10-feet USB cable.

Artwork: Heavy duty cardstock underneath the top panel.

Button layout: There's no specific name for the stick/button layout on this arcade stick but the closes is the Sega Astro City Single Player layout found on the Hori Real Arcade Pro 2, 3 & EX.

Components: All Qanba-based (Omron microswitches for the joystick lever just like in a Sanwa JLF) with individual button & joystick lever LED's. Black bat-top with clear shaft cover & clear dust cover.

Weight: ~3.5 - 4.0 pounds.

Additional features: Two options for the LED's (on & pulse aka vibration as there are no vibrating motors). Lockout of Start, Select/Back & Home.

Modding: Hex screws on the top panel & Phillips screws on the bottom panel. Will fit both Sanwa & Seimitsu 30mm buttons as well as ball-tops. However, unless you plan on drilling holes into each button for the stock individual LED's, I don't recommend swapping buttons. Octo & circular gates (for the joystick lever) will swap easily. Sanwa JLF will fit BUT the mounting plate won't so swap everything over except for the plate. As for a Seimitsu LS-32-01, this won't fit unless you cut (dremel) plastic & add spacers.

FWIW, the game developers are the same one's that did MKvDCU & the MK-series. Just like the previous PDP MK sticks (TE & Klassic) surprisingly, it has excellent fit & finish. This Gamestop exclusive bundle is for the PS3 & 360 but not for the WiiU (the mention of this in their PR is an error they retracted).

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/15/injustice-gods-among-us-hits-april-16-batte-edition-revealed/

PS3:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition/107664

360:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition/107663

Credit goes to forum member, LiQuiD[EViL]:

dcbfrb.jpg
Post edited by Nucking Futs! on
- Jimmy

Current fav's the Hori VLX Diamond! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"

Comments

• W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 777 ✭✭
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    and here I thought I wasn't getting anymore sticks...but if the stick comes with the game...hmmmm...
  • Afro MessiahAfro Messiah Arizona Warrior Joined: Posts: 112
    The stick doesn't look too shabby. I noticed the pictures are identical for the ps3 and xbox 360. No button color enforcement for the 360 this time around?

Heatware - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=84556
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭
    See-through lever?

I foresee many a broken stick in the future if it's made of plastic!
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • Afro MessiahAfro Messiah Arizona Warrior Joined: Posts: 112
    See-through lever?

Looks like a metal lever with a clear shaft cover is all, easy to see in the 2nd photo. Hopefully the stick/button quality is solid because it looks nice stock.

Heatware - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=84556
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified e-sports and pew pew Joined: Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭
    looks like a wannabe b15 with a JLF clear cover shaft and either LED button or most likely blue clear sanwa. at least its using the superior layout of noir/astro city. also looks like injustice is ditching the crappy 1-2-1-2 button game layout

edit: oh right it is LED buttons
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
  • Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,162
    edited January 11
    and here I thought I wasn't getting anymore sticks...but if the stick comes with the game...hmmmm...

Yeah, after getting another stick recently I thought I was done for awhile...I guess not!
    See-through lever?

Looks like a metal lever with a clear shaft cover is all, easy to see in the 2nd photo. Hopefully the stick/button quality is solid because it looks nice stock.

I like the design of the stick too. Yeah, it looks like a clear shaft cover just like on my VLX.
    looks like a wannabe b15 with a JLF clear cover shaft and either LED button or most likely blue clear sanwa. at least its using the superior layout of noir/astro city. also looks like injustice is ditching the crappy 1-2-1-2 button game layout

edit: oh right it is LED buttons

I think it's hilarious when people say one layout is more superior than another since it's all personal preference. I prefer the Vewlix layout but to each their own.
    - Jimmy

Current fav's the Hori VLX Diamond! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on the Injustice thread/story claimed to be a PDP rep. His name is Sebastian.

He confirmed that PDP is making the Injustice joystick.
    I really doubted it would be Hori and Mad Catz. They just don't do bat handles...
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 769
    Someone on the Injustice thread/story claimed to be a PDP rep. His name is Sebastian.

He confirmed that PDP is making the Injustice joystick.
    I really doubted it would be Hori and Mad Catz. They just don't do bat handles...
    Candace from PDP has confirmed they are making it.
    https://www.facebook.com/PDP.Candace/posts/474960172540733

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah, was hoping Hori or Madcatz but PDP will suffice. Surprisingly, both of their MK sticks (TE & Klassic) are quality stuff. Very good fit & finish. I've had both since they each launched & no issues whatsoever.
    - Jimmy

hmmmm...i think they going to use clone parts in the stick like in the mk stick.
    hmmmm...i think they going to use clone parts in the stick like in the mk stick.

What are you talking about with clone parts in the MK sticks? Both sticks had Happ Comp parts (for both the joystick lever & main buttons) although the TE had E-switches while the Klassic had Cherry microswitches.
    - Jimmy

What are you talking about with clone parts in the MK sticks? Both sticks had Happ Comp parts (for both the joystick lever & main buttons) although the TE had E-switches while the Klassic had Cherry microswitches.
    hmmmm, i guess i didn't like the feel of them, especially the buttons, so i thought they were clones.
    hmmmm, i guess i didn't like the feel of them, especially the buttons, so i thought they were clones.

At that time, I had another older wooden case with Happ parts & the components felt just like the one's in the newer sticks. I like the TE since it has an internal storage compartment with an inner lexan covering the bottom side of the top panel but don't like that it has E-switches. On the otherhand, I like the Klassic since it has Cherry microswitches yet wasn't feeling the artwork in addition to not having an internal storage compartment & requires more work to get to the internals. Overall, I like both sticks very much since the fit & finish in both sticks are excellent & it brings back nostalgic memories of my childhood playing MK & SF2 at the local 7-11 & arcades.
    - Jimmy

At that time, I had another older wooden case with Happ parts & the components felt just like the one's in the newer sticks. I liked the TE since it had an internal storage compartment with an inner lexan covering the bottom side of the top panel but didn't like that it had E-switches. On the otherhand, I like the Klassic since it had Cherry microswitches yet wasn't feeling the artwork in addition to not having an internal storage compartment & requires more work to get to the internals. Overall, I like both sticks very much.
    i was trying to sell the TE for a while...went as low as $40 plus shipping...no takers...
    i was trying to sell the TE for a while...went as low as $40 plus shipping...no takers...

The buttons in the TE has E-switches so isn't as responsive & nice as in the Klassic stick with the Cherry microswitches. Yeah, it's hard to sell MK sticks on this forum for the obvious. You were probably better off selling on MK-specifc forums & eBay. Took me forever to sell the Madcatz TE Round 2 with the MK panel with matching buttons (black rim with red plunger) & a red ToggleMe billet aluminum bat-top on here.
    - Jimmy

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buttons in the TE has E-switches so isn't as responsive & nice as in the Klassic stick with the Cherry microswitches. Yeah, it's hard to sell MK sticks on this forum for the obvious. You were probably better off selling on MK-specifc forums & eBay. Took me forever to sell the Madcatz TE Round 2 with the MK panel with matching buttons (black rim with red plunger) & a red ToggleMe billet aluminum bat-top on here.
    Try selling a Black Magic Intensity Pro. Thing simply will not sell anywhere.

Also, this stick could be good? I dismissed it as shit as soon as I saw a price.
    It's PDP...

Their reputation is not-so-good in these parts.
    I've had no problems with the cooling fan they released for the original PlayStation 3's -- I'm convinced that fan is WHY my 60 GB model still works(!) -- but a lot of people hate their controllers. They seem to have so-so reputation because of that.

And the reviews for the Mortal Kombat stick they released with Happ-clone(?) parts have been not so great at times. The stories about PDP MK sticks breaking during an MK tournament in the past year didn't help, either.
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 769
    From Candace-
    Good morning, here are the answers to the Injustice Fight Stick questions I keep getting. Please pass it around so I don't have to keep repeating myself, thank you ^_^. You can ask more questions here, but I may not have answers to them.

- Yes, PDP is producing the stick available in the Injustice: Gods Among Us "Battle Edition".
    - I probably wont have review copies, you will need to get that directly from WB/Nether Realm (No, I don't have their contact info).
    - I don't know what parts are in the sticks and I am doing my best to find out what they are.
    - No, we wont be making any stand alone sticks separate from the game.
    - I don't know if we are having a tournament.
    7 button is trap.
    edited February 13
    Also, this stick could be good? I dismissed it as shit as soon as I saw a price.

Many people dismissed the original PDP MK TE as shit simply because it was the same price ($150) but I was pleasantly surprised when I used it. So looking forward to this version.
    It's PDP...

I've had no problems with the cooling fan they released for the original PlayStation 3's -- I'm convinced that fan is WHY my 60 GB model still works(!) -- but a lot of people hate their controllers. They seem to have so-so reputation because of that.

And the reviews for the Mortal Kombat stick they released with Happ-clone(?) parts have been not so great at times. The stories about PDP MK sticks breaking during an MK tournament in the past year didn't help, either.

Yeah, I can understand why people would automatically think their products are crap but the last 2 MK sticks from them are very good & I'm VERY anal about the quality of durability, fit & finish. Many manufacturers go thru issues with their products, it's just a matter if they correct them & take care of their customers post sale. I'm sure you recall Madcatz had issues with their PCB's in both the original SE & TE sticks but yet they corrected their mistakes with new revisions & taking care of their customers post sale.

No Happ clone parts in those 2 sticks. They even advertised it as having Suzo-Happ parts & pretty obvious once you use it (if you've used Happ parts previously):

PDP-MortalKombatFightStick.jpg

MKstick03--article_image.jpg

And no, I don't work and/or are affiliated with PDP & WB, LOL! Just an avid joystick collector like yourself.
    - Jimmy

• SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think PDP did a fine job with the MK sticks. I also like what they did with their pads as well, but that's just from an outsider's POV as I didn't actually play with one. I'm excited to see how the Battle Edition stick turns out.
    My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174629/wts-360-ps3-hrap-3-buttons-ball-tops/p1
    Currently selling: Xbox Live Money (15% off!), Various buttons/balltops, Club Nintendo codes, and much more!
    I'm not getting the joystick edition of this game... I already have a DC joystick designed... It's been ready for over a year now. I just have to get cash to spend on the parts I need to finish the joystick! The Agetec case has already been properly cut and painted.

(Hint about the joystick art I composed -- it's NOT related to the "Nu52" but it's classic crossover art by George Perez = one of the guys that current DC management and editorial treated like an old shoe recently. Gee, this is only one of several people who helped revitalize DC in the 1980s and made the characters more relatable, too, WITHOUT DESTROYING complete timelines and backstories for the most part. I might not have cared for all he did to Wonder Woman but it's nowhere near the scale of the crap going on with DC Comics now...)

I honestly wish I could be more excited about the game but I hate the DC redesigns... I just don't like the New 52 and all these changes to classic costumes that were fine the way they were before 2011. I have to admit that was a big bone of contention for me about MK vs DC, too, but we can blame the MK creators for all the dumb costume changes there.

Being that it's also an MK-like game -- at least I sense that from the videos and developer --, I'm also so-so on the game engine. I just hope it's possible to actually execute "Finishing Moves" or whatever they're going to call them in the game. The input to do a lot special moves, in particular Fatalities, has always been ridiculously tight on the MK games I've played. Even the original arcade version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo isn't that bad with control inputs!

I just hope that the rumored alternate skins for the DC characters includes their classic pre-2011 looks! I can't stand all the added buckles and straps on the costumes, Superman's armor (WTF? He's supposed to be the Man of Steel! "Skin that can't be burst with anything less than an artillery"?), and all this other mindless redesign work.

Even the player game mash-ups like MUGEN do a better job of handling most of the character looks... They stick to the fan favorites. Loved it when somebody stuck in a Kingdom Come palette for Superman...

Eh, maybe the joystick will be fine, maybe it... PDP and Midway best be sure the final product is durable. Players will NOT tolerate half-assed hardware anymore when a used or on-sale joystick is readily available with the REAL arcade parts installed already.
  • alpha_counter13alpha_counter13 satsui no hado.. Joined: Posts: 31
    It's PDP...

yeah, i bought a used PDP fight pad & really liked it at first.. but the buttons gave out in a couple of weeks.. but since i did like the feel of it, i ended up buying a brand new one.. well a couple of weeks later the thumb pad started to give out & i was done with PDP fight pads!! that said, i think the PDP arcade stick looks great but if it's stocked with happ parts i would no longer be interested in buying one.. happ parts were fine with me back in my alpha 2 arcade days but after getting a fightstick pro i quickly found out i definitely prefer the feel of sanwa parts..
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde 2 fingers of brains! Joined: Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely looks like a Sanwa bat top, I wouldn't be surprised if at that price range they're offering legitimate Sanwa levers. Not sure about those buttons though. Clears+leds would probably jack the price up beyond that range.
    Facebook group dedicated to 2D gaming and 2D game design
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2d.gaming.design
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    SRK Tech Talk now also on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/srk.tech.talk
    "At that price range"? It's cheaper than almost every other stick of that size that actually have Sanwa parts.
    My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174629/wts-360-ps3-hrap-3-buttons-ball-tops/p1
    Currently selling: Xbox Live Money (15% off!), Various buttons/balltops, Club Nintendo codes, and much more!
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 23,965 mod
    I'm betting JLF+LB-30+JLF-CD clear shaft and OBSC-30 clear buttons.

As for the price, by lowering the markup, they have enough to cover the cost of the game.*

*Assuming that production cost for the stick is around $100. I'm using the assumed production cost for the beta Razer sticks (based on the receipts that came with them) as a baseline for how much these arcade sticks with Sanwa parts actually cost before markup.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

If this uses full Sanwa parts, I'd buy it. I'm not tech expert, but how can you tell that they're Sanwa over Seimetsu? They looked Seimetsu to me.
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,208 ✭✭
    I hope it's Happ/iL Parts, that'd be a nice change of pace.

Unfortunately, this is wishful thinking in this day and age...
    KOF and AE 2012
    I wouldn't necessarily mind Happ/iL, just not Seimetsu. I'd also probably prefer convex over concave buttons. Actually it'd honestly be nice if the stick used HBSF buttons.
  • ThePunisher1ThePunisher1 Joined: Posts: 32
    I don't think Seimitsu or Sanwa make concave buttons so there is no way that's what's being used here. Those buttons are definitely concave. Also that stick case looks too small to fit iL or happ so it's probably using some crappy third party parts. It's a shame....if this thing was using Sanwa or Seimitsu I'd go pre order it right now
    As Soon As You're Born You Start Dying..
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrF32pdVY_StCR1Gb66iuCo1QQ3a9ke8wBA2bsdGx6ozH0zlLr&t=1
    So You Might As Well Have A Good Time.
    I don't think Seimitsu or Sanwa make concave buttons so there is no way that's what's being used here. Those buttons are definitely concave. Also that stick case looks too small to fit iL or happ so it's probably using some crappy third party parts. It's a shame....if this thing was using Sanwa or Seimitsu I'd go pre order it right now
    Nvm. I see what you're saying. How can you tell they're definitely concave?
    Nvm. I see what you're saying. How can you tell they're definitely concave?

Zoom in on the picture and you can tell. It's a fairly high resolution pic.
    If this uses full Sanwa parts, I'd buy it. I'm not tech expert, but how can you tell that they're Sanwa over Seimetsu? They looked Seimetsu to me.
    The stick is obviously Sanwa since you can clearly see an LB-30 bat top and a JLF-CD clear shaft cover. As for the buttons, it's conjecture based on the fact that manufacturers usually do not mix and match parts from different brands. That, and Sanwa also makes clear buttons (OBSC-30).

-KR|PromilKid

The stick is obviously Sanwa since you can clearly see an LB-30 bat top and a JLF-CD clear shaft cover. As for the buttons, it's conjecture based on the fact that manufacturers usually do not mix and match parts from different brands. That, and Sanwa also makes clear buttons (OBSC-30).
    Sanwa doesn't make concave buttons....
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde 2 fingers of brains! Joined: Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art has to be a mock up, you can see Superman's arm through the shaft, and that isn't a reflection either. Plus the screws kind of have an odd photoshop'd appearance, and it's a PS3 stick with a head phone insert. I haven't seen any PS3 sticks or controllers do that.

I'm guessing this is a Sanwa stick with a blue shaft cover. Also, those definitely look like OBSC-30 Blues with a custom perloid print inserted in the plungers. It looks like the stick is using a plexi top so that it illuminates through. I wonder how that will fare compared to metal panels. Too bad Sanwa bat tops are so ugly and the plastic used for the bat top leaves a lot to be desired. If this is correct then I think this stick is a pretty good deal, nice button layout and rather expensive parts for the cost of old school TE with the usual opaques. I'd just be worried about that plexi panel.

They're not concave, what you see is a perloid swirl that makes it appear that way.
    Facebook group dedicated to 2D gaming and 2D game design
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2d.gaming.design
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    SRK Tech Talk now also on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/srk.tech.talk
    Those aren't concave, it only looks like that due to how the light is reflecting of those OBSCs.

-KR|PromilKid

• Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,099
    Hopefully someone can review it soon. Wondering if it's wireless or wired with cable compartment. I wanted for the Wii U :(
  • somebodyelsesomebodyelse Tiger Knee Kick Joined: Posts: 98
    So this version of the game that comes with the stick is not coming to the Wii U?
    Capcom nerfed El Fuerte in the Street Fighter 4 series so much as if he was better than Sagat and Ryu combined.
    So this version of the game that comes with the stick is not coming to the Wii U?

From my 1st post in this thread:
    ... This bundle has been confirmed for the PS3 & 360 but not for the WiiU (the mention of this in their PR is an error they retracted).
    - Jimmy

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone can review it soon. Wondering if it's wireless or wired with cable compartment. I wanted for the Wii U :(
    You could always add a PiiWee board to it for dirty sexy Wii/ Wii U action.
    No idea if PDP makes a Common ground PCB yet but if not swap it out for a board that is common ground.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.

What I don't quite understand is why they put a bat top on the Sanwa JLF(?) shaft... That's just not normal for a Japanese joystick and most people by now are used to ball handles. Are they looking to crossover to the MK crowd or what??? It's not going to feel like an American joystick regardless of the bat top.

I really don't see big markdowns for the collector's edition of this game unless it just doesn't sell. They'll stick to the $150 price... Can't imagine much below $135 online.
    They're probably not making that many CE boxes to begin with.

It's not going to be 12,000 like the Tekken 5 Anniversary release was in the US. It took uncomfortably long for many gameshops to sell out of inventory of those T5 collector sets.
    Today, I still see PDP Mortal Kombat joysticks in the neighborhood gamestores.
    The lesson is that there's only so much interest for some of these games/characters.

Unless the final art is hideous -- and I admit I don't care for the mockup art or DC's redesigns --, I can't help but think the characters will be a huge draw for some gamers and probably sell out the Joystick Collector's Edition.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't quite understand is why they put a bat top on the Sanwa JLF(?) shaft... That's just not normal for a Japanese joystick and most people by now are used to ball handles. Are they looking to crossover to the MK crowd or what??? It's not going to feel like an American joystick regardless of the bat top.

I really don't see big markdowns for the collector's edition of this game unless it just doesn't sell. They'll stick to the $150 price... Can't imagine much below $135 online.

It's not going to be 12,000 like the Tekken 5 Anniversary release was in the US. It took uncomfortably long for many gameshops to sell out of inventory of those T5 collector sets.
    The lesson is that there's only so much interest for some of these games/characters.

Unless the final art is hideous -- and I admit I don't care for the mockup art or DC's redesigns --, I can't help but think the characters will be a huge draw for some gamers and probably sell out the Joystick Collector's Edition.
    Well I believe its the same studio that producing the game as the last MK game. And if the studio has any input on the design they tend to go with what is familiar territory for them.

Outside of MK fans the MK PDP stick was not a huge success. But I don't know why they do a limited run on this stick unless they are trying to create a artificial scarcity to drive up future sales. I doubt that would work considering how cluttered the market is getting.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    edited February 13
    You could always add a PiiWee board to it for dirty sexy Wii/ Wii U action.
    No idea if PDP makes a Common ground PCB yet but if not swap it out for a board that is common ground.

Yup, that's what I have. Just waiting to get all the pieces together for my 9-in-1 (PCB) stick. Keep in mind the WiiU doesn't support Gamecube controllers.

Perhaps they finally realize Sanwa/Seimitsu components are superior and/or more popular than Happ?!? LOL! No straight 6 button layout this time, just a Namco Noir style button layout although I prefer a Vewlix button layout. FWIW, I've read on CAG that some Best Buy's awhile back had a couple of MK TE bundles remaining here & there for $60 on clearance but that was insanely rare (a handful across the nation). They only made 6K of the MK Klassic sticks. There's a plaque on each one listing, “xxxx of 6000”.
    Well I believe its the same studio that producing the game as the last MK game. And if the studio has any input on the design they tend to go with what is familiar territory for them.

Outside of MK fans the MK PDP stick was not a huge success. But I don't know why they do a limited run on this stick unless they are trying to create a artificial scarcity to drive up future sales. I doubt that would work considering how cluttered the market is getting.

Yup, same developer (NetherRealm Studios with Ed Boon) as the last 2 MK games (MK & MKvDCU).
    - Jimmy

I liked the PDP fight stick but I'm a huge mk fan so it brings back memories for me. I did however mod the thing with iL parts cause the stock ones were crap.

I really contemplated going and preordering this because I'm a huge comic nerd too, but I'm still holding to my guns that those buttons ARE concave, which means Sanwa had no part in this. I've read articles online of people dissecting the released image of this stick and the common consensus is that those buttons are concave. I would normally have no issue with opening this thing up and sticking Sanwa in it, but who knows if Sanwa will even fit in the thing and I really don't want to mess with the lighting system. Just my opinion though. Others swear up and down those are convex buttons, but I'm not preordering anything until this thing is handed out for review or this tight lipped bumbs at PDP or nether realm come out with more info.
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Macho Madness Joined: Posts: 776
    FWIW, I've read on CAG that some Best Buy's awhile back had a couple of MK TE bundles remaining here & there for $60 on clearance but that was insanely rare (a handful across the nation). They only made 6K of the MK Klassic sticks:
    I was at my local GameStop today and they still had a PS3 classic MK for $50 new.
    Others swear up and down those are convex buttons, but I'm not preordering anything until this thing is handed out for review or this tight lipped bumbs at PDP or nether realm come out with more info.
    No offense but judging by your disdain for concave buttons I'm guessing you're too young to remember when arcades were abundant across the United States.
    ABACABB.
    I was at my local GameStop today and they still had a PS3 classic MK for $50 new...

Ya, I still see some of those at a couple Gamestops but I was referring to the MK TE bundle with the actual MK9 game.
    - Jimmy

No offense but judging by your disdain for concave buttons I'm guessing you're too young to remember when arcades were abundant across the United States.

Well you would be completely wrong in assuming that. I grew up on concave back in the day but after getting my hands on Sanwa it's hard to go back. My pdp stick is concave iL, but it's more of a collectors piece IMO. Furthermore, I'm mostly just trying to make a point to everyone claiming this thing is full Sanwa.
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Or he's old enough to remember using them, and that's why he hates them?
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • wigsplitterwigsplitter Joined: Posts: 116
    I guess Im the only one who thinks there's enough Jap-style sticks on the market. Can we have at least one Happ/IL with an eight button layout that we dont have to build ourselves? I wish this stick is Happ/IL and I dont see how everyone is saying its JLF....... the bat top on it seems much bigger than the JLF's tops and I have seen Clear IL Translucent Pustbuttons on Paridisearcade. Hell the shaft seems to be ticker than your regular JLF. Im, like a very few I guess, hate the feel of JLF's. They are too loose. So I hope PDP dont fall to the pressure of doing the same as all the other companies and stick with Happ/IL. Its a limited edition so not many will be made and its not major lost for them.
    I guess Im the only one who thinks there's enough Jap-style sticks on the market. Can we have at least one Happ/IL with an eight button layout that we dont have to build ourselves? I wish this stick is Happ/IL and I dont see how everyone is saying its JLF....... the bat top on it seems much bigger than the JLF's tops and I have seen Clear IL Translucent Pustbuttons on Paridisearcade. Hell the shaft seems to be ticker than your regular JLF. Im, like a very few I guess, hate the feel of JLF's. They are too loose. So I hope PDP dont fall to the pressure of doing the same as all the other companies and stick with Happ/IL. Its a limited edition so not many will be made and its not major lost for them.

Not to be an a$$ but there's a reason why Japanese-style components (Sanwa in particular) are in 99.9% of top-tier ($100+) sticks...They sell! I'm not going to get into a debate as to which style is better but PDP is just like any other company as in, they're in it to make money, NOT to lose money. They haven't confirmed one way or another which components they're using but hopefully they learned their lesson from the first two sticks (MK TE & MK Klassic) that American-style components don't sell well. Then again, I'd be happy either way since it's a new stick.
    - Jimmy