Why AAA companies doesn't hire Anime Studios to do HD Sprites?

13»

Comments

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,270
    Bah, one more.
    You mean like Live2D and Paperman's 2D layers on 3D models?
    (App they're showing is Shizuku Talk btw)

The "interactive" animated girl looks like flash animation to be honest.
    ·
  • Running WildRunning Wild Oraoraoraoraora Joined: Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unlike tekken or virtua fighter, you ever play old tekken it looks like ass.

I find myself going back to Virtua Fighter 2 every now and then, and to this day I still think it's an amazing looking game.

I will agree though that Tekken 1 & 2.... they look like ASS, especially compared to VF2.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    "The only Option Selects I want in fighting games are the control configuration and sound test."
    ·
  • The Tall NerdThe Tall Nerd Joined: Posts: 398
    I find myself going back to Virtua Fighter 2 every now and then, and to this day I still think it's an amazing looking game.

I will agree though that Tekken 1 & 2.... they look like ASS, especially compared to VF2.

Tekken is one of the series that seriously benefited by getting a graphical overhaul, on the topic of your profile pic
    sega has approved dlc for sonic and sega allstars racing, maybe a virtua fighter got in
    ·
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede Badness At Its Finest Joined: Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭
    The "interactive" animated girl looks like flash animation to be honest.

She doesn't look that bad in comparison with some hentai ovas i saw some time ago lol.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned Toki to Towa/Time and Eternity yet?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • BeastFuryBeastFury Joined: Posts: 80
    Hello Everyone me and my team are making a 2D fighting game with HD sprites so far its 50 animations in total with 848 frames animation runs at 24 frames per second and so far it has cost me $2000 for Rough Keyframe and Clean up Colour and Shading stage is going to be around $1500.
    ·
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    skiie said:
    Not only that Anime studios are completely different from sprite animators, but it would take a long time to make the sprites. I like sprites as well, but most of the time it is just better to make a 3D model. That way, you'll be able to do so much more for far less.

Well sprites in my opinion are not hard to make but it's very tedious to animate them frame by frame, the initial build of a 3d model is very difficult and tedious but once you have it its very easy to work with or animate with.
    Well if you make a mistake for a sprite(s), you have to change them individually.  This might take up more time and money than necessary.
    Sure, a 3D model at first is tough, but once made, you are good to go.
    ·
13»