2015 UMVC3 SRK Tier/Theory Discussion. 7/10 First Page Tumblr: Power of snapback, Future power teams

Comments

• DiscarnateDiscarnate Keep Calm and Don't Allow Them To Play Joined: Posts: 157
    This thread is just a trap so we can follow DevilJin's artsy Tumblr.

Everyone bail.
    Nudes pls

I'm thinking of picking up Viper/X-23/(Dante or Iron Man or Ammy). Not advocating for X-23 for top tier, but this game is leaning towards BFF Duo + Character that can preform well with the assist part of the duo and X-23 can use Jam/Repulsar/Cold Star. I'm also jumping on the theory viper wagon, she is definitely top 3 potential no question, arguably top 2.

I'm just Fraudlike
    UMvC3: Spy May Stride (alt: Zero/Doom/Phoenix)
    Melee/Brawl: Peach (M alt: Young Link) (Brwl alt: Falco) SF4: Viper (alts: Cammy/Yun) SFxT: Cammy x Lili
    Sometimes I need to be alone, Doom don't kill my vibe. - Play Melee its a good game. - Learning Skullbabes
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wesker/projectile assist/vajra is the best wesker team
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,570
    If it was up to me the game would just be characters with really strong air movement with a wide array of interesting projectiles + really strong ground based characters like Taskmaster with godlike normals and SJ height conversions that can deal with air dashers. Throw in a few more anti air assists like Lariat. Teleports should be removed. There would also be no TOD's without using excessive resources like 3 bars or XF. TAC's removed and XF toned down in some way.
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • triplexraidertriplexraider Fall into darkness! Joined: Posts: 1,057
    Firebrand/Dorm/Dante, imo. Dorm gets a lot of synergy with both of them and either FB or Donte can build meter if they need to.

Wouldn't Magneto/Dorm/Dante be better?
    Manga Therapy - Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)
    PSN: triplexraider
    UMvC3: Thor/Dormammu/Doctor Doom, Wesker/Doctor Strange/Vergil
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    Best Dorm team is Dorm/Magneto/Wesker
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,906
    Best Wesker team is:

Vergil/Magneto/Strider
  • CasualHeroCasualHero It's only random if it beat you. Joined: Posts: 266

If we're talking theory wise, Firebrand/Dorm/Dante can 300% any team from a touch. If that actually happens... who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing Dorm/Vergil/Doom (missiles) for a team. Pretty momentum based but hell to get in against Rapid Slash and Missiles backed by spells, great meter building for Dorm/Vergil DHC ToDs, and a solid backfield with Vergil/Doom if Dorm goes down.
    SSF4AE: Abel/Yun
    UMvC3: A Team) Spidey/MODOK/Dr. Doom Testing: Dr. Strange/RR, Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
    TTT2: Kazuya/Armor King
    SFxT2013: oh god, I'm playing like everyone trying to find a team
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,562
    If it was up to me the game would just be characters with really strong air movement with a wide array of interesting projectiles + really strong ground based characters like Taskmaster with godlike normals and SJ height conversions that can deal with air dashers. Throw in a few more anti air assists like Lariat. Teleports should be removed. There would also be no TOD's without using excessive resources like 3 bars or XF. TAC's removed and XF toned down in some way.
    Eeew sounds like an anime game
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,993
    an anime game would have a universal movement system that is boring with people saying 'but look they're different because this one goes fast and this one doesn't and also there's different arcs!'
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    to be fair, it's pretty hard to know what viper can really do unless you've taken the time to research
    people don't get that viper has pretty much every tool in the game when combining all the little stuff people have found over time
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 3,037
    Yo that support tier list has no Nemesis or Hulk anywhere.
    discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Nova β Strange ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α

SF5: Bison, a lil Birdie, waiting on Juri

Stuff I should play more
    Aquapazza: Chizuru
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Sin
    UNIBEL: Hyde
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    Told yall Viper sucks. Shit normals, takes effort, not enough derp. Bottom 5 free, do not play.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Theres no :h: in support
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    to be fair, it's pretty hard to know what viper can really do unless you've taken the time to research
    people don't get that viper has pretty much every tool in the game when combining all the little stuff people have found over time

Yeah if all of the Vipers combined into a super Viper it would probably be more scary than all of the best of any other character combined. Everyone's in that early SFIV Viper stage still where they're all doing different shit you need at the right time and just need to combine it all.
    Yo that support tier list has no Nemesis or Hulk anywhere.
    Well it's not a huge issues. The graphical tier chart shows that Hulk is around slightly above mid tier in support and Nemesis is farther to the left towards low tier support.
    Told yall Viper sucks. Shit normals, takes effort, not enough derp. Bottom 5 free, do not play.

I play the 2 worst characters. Even if I were to do more combos with Dr.Strange, it would not be enough. It was over once the Evo Champ gave up Strange.

Viper and Strange both have no normals and are ass.

Noel confirmed for inventing hidden missiles assist use in the neutral. Patented the A1/A2 sauce.

Now that I'm watching the whole video it's almost like these guys want to money match Dr.Strange. The sorcerer taking all dose shots.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,849
    In reality, it probably is, and would be more likely to win a major as of now. However, if the player was a true master of Firebrand/Dorm/Dante, you are going to see 300% combos out the ass because he has two assists that set up his unblockables. If we are going by the best possible team at the highest level of play possible, I think Firebrand would be better for that team than Magneto.

If you had to put Magneto, Dante/Dorm/Magneto would be better.
    Anakaris is still THA GOD, but sometimes gods gotta pay bills.
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    My reaction to Zero May Cry:
    wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg?1324142033
    Seriously, I don't know why ZMC players don't place high enough in tournaments. Zero with Jam session gets 20000 mixups in 10 seconds, and you still have anchor Vergil. I was watching SCR, they get total control in one match then get screwed up in the next.
    Also in SCR, poor Strange. Got bopped every time I was hype to see him. What he can do against rushdown? Wait patiently until being able to take breath, super jump and fly away? That doesn't work. c.L? Vergil can stuff you every time you try. Assist + teleport? If you use him at second you need to wait until you're able to call the assist. That means block every single mixup in this planet. SoV + XF? Maybe. If you can react to any move your opponent does this is the best. Or you need to save your point then DHC or raw tag at him for some momentum. I'm hardly trying to say no to Dieminion's opinion but that is pretty much it.
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096
    My blocking has improved a million times over from playing against Zero/Dante.

In one match I blocked at least 9 back to back crossups... and then got opened up.

Fuck that duo.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447
    wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg?1324142033
    Seriously, I don't know why ZMC players don't place high enough in tournaments. Zero with Jam session gets 20000 mixups in 10 seconds, and you still have anchor Vergil. I was watching SCR, they get total control in one match then get screwed up in the next.

You answered your own question, the team is strong when Zero lands a hit but if Zero gets hit the entire team can be ripped into shreds easily by a good player. Anchor Vergil can be dealt with easily with a strong incoming mixup, and the team is a bad team for Dante. Richard showed that Zero/Dante/Strider is far superior and actually allows Dante to be useful.
    You answered your own question, the team is strong when Zero lands a hit but if Zero gets hit the entire team can be ripped into shreds easily by a good player. Anchor Vergil can be dealt with easily with a strong incoming mixup, and the team is a bad team for Dante. Richard showed that Zero/Dante/Strider is far superior and actually allows Dante to be useful.

Shh, let them keep playing the inferior team.
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    Yes, but I'm more mad at the Zero/Dante duo itself. I saw Zero/Dante/Strider a lot of times, played by Slayton, and it's pretty cheap too. The hardest thing BTW is getting this magical hit against a GOOD Zero. Good Zeros don't do random shit, they know what they are doing, specially if they have Jam Session to back him up.
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 1,302
    Except Vergil with Dante assist is infinitely better than Dante with Strider. Oh wait you guys still actually think Dante is strong as anything other than an assist.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
    Except Vergil with Dante assist is infinitely better than Dante with Strider. Oh wait you guys still actually think Dante is strong as anything other than an assist.

If we're playing that game, Vergil will never have Dante as an assist because if he's second he'll always die on incoming and if Dante is second every input but Jam Session will stop working because he's assist tier.
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Dante worst in the game
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659
    Does Ghost Rider have a hurtbox in his chain? Can't see how that could hurt him. Speaking of which, does Phoenix Wright have a hurtbox in his finger?
    Ghost Rider/Turnabout Phoenix Wright both have good normal, it's just they don't have fast space covering normal. Vergil's normals in a nutshell are like speeding up Sentinel's foot normal. The type of normal you can literally mash on wakeup/pressure just because they are so fast cover so much space.

Andre gets away with wake up buttons so much because Vergil has fast buttons
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,091

Viper has every tool in the game now?
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659
    All I know is Richard's ZeroDanteStrider is better than your random ZMC team.

Especially considering that Richard has a good dante unlike 90% of ZMC who make Dante worst than he actually is.
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,562
    I wonder do people see her losses as a limitation of the character or a failure of the player to use the tools correctly?
    Chrisis has reiterated that Viper has every tool in the game since day 1.

I wonder do people see her losses as a limitation of the character or a failure of the player to use the tools correctly?

The latter because no one player has yet to combine her strengths and approaches. They all tend to stick to one primary playstyle.

Also in SCR, poor Strange. Got bopped every time I was hype to see him. What he can do against rushdown? Wait patiently until being able to take breath, super jump and fly away? That doesn't work. c.L? Vergil can stuff you every time you try. Assist + teleport? If you use him at second you need to wait until you're able to call the assist. That means block every single mixup in this planet. SoV + XF? Maybe. If you can react to any move your opponent does this is the best. Or you need to save your point then DHC or raw tag at him for some momentum. I'm hardly trying to say no to Dieminion's opinion but that is pretty much it.

There's no guarantee you're going to have anchor Vergil or anchor anyone anymore really. It's just way better to not have an anchor that has zero air movement as your anchor so there's at least a chance to escape basic welcome mix ups.

The whole point behind Strange is that he's purposely balanced. In this game you don't want to be purposely balanced and that's what they did with Dr.Strange. They were afraid his tools when optimized would make it extremely difficult for a lot of the cast to land a hit on him so they gave him all of these gaps in his special moves and normals. That way if someone like a Wolverine does get in they can stay in and not get "OOOOOOHH NOOO CHIPPED OUT". They wanted to make zoning strong but not too strong so they made sure Dr.Strange just had the potential to do big damage if he hit someone, but enough gaps so that nobody never gets in. He has all of these picky issues like Mystic Sword L not being able to hit really profile crouch normals, slides being able to slide under M sword and H sword not even going full screen. Basically until you get graces out the only cheap move he has is agomotto and that's only really designed to stop rushdown (ala hidden missiles) or create rushdown. It doesn't help you beat projectile wars that much.

Which means you're forced to work for the character to keep people from getting in. He's really not that good of a character mainly because he's only good situationally. Which means you need like an agomotto out, graces and some daggers + assist before he's like nearly as good as a traditional top tier is just by being on the screen. It's basically like what would happen if Morrigan was lower tier on point unless she was in AV which would then make her a lot more balanced vs. the other cast instead of being really good without AV and then destructive with it.

It's also not good to be a character that can't cross people up in the corner in a game where characters like Hawkeye can jump back and outzone you all day if they find a corner.

That's why people are just playing him as anchor because that way he just turns your team into a 10 moar years/MVC2 style team where a really good assist is backing up 2 people. The second person gets stronger supers to beat lame out if they land safely also.

I'd still like to mess with him in the second spot and see what he can do with an assist though. His super options are also really good for a point character like Viper who doesn't really need to DHC and can just DHC into 7 rings in order to beat Doom/Ammy THC's and such. Lack of incoming options other than mash super, flight or teleport is gonna make that tough obviously.

If we're playing that game, Vergil will never have Dante as an assist because if he's second he'll always die on incoming and if Dante is second every input but Jam Session will stop working because he's assist tier.

Somebodies gotta be the anchor on any team you put together. People are always trying to make a cause for a character to not be the dumpy durp/assist chracter...but someone's gotta be there. Someone's gotta be your down in the dumps character.

• maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,746
    Zero/Dante was endgame ever since Vanilla anyway, and it's now only slightly less stupid thanks to Dante being nerfed... but still incredibly stupid.
    Zero/Dante was endgame ever since Vanilla anyway, and it's now only slightly less stupid thanks to Dante being nerfed... but still incredibly stupid.

Which is funny because Dante only really got nerfed enough to where you have to actually think when you're using him now. Big issue there.

• maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,746
    Which is funny because Dante only really got nerfed enough to where you have to actually think when you're using him now. Big issue there.

The dreaded word that strikes fear into the hearts of Marvel 3 scrubs everywhere: EFFORT.
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    DevilJin you play Viper AND Dante?
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)

You can't really believe this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
    the true issue is that he doesnt have shield charge and baby combos so i can't play him and use the best taskmaster team
    Dante's still better than Doom.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
    Dante's still better than Doom.

Not even close.
    Oh right my bad, I forgot Doom was top 3.
    Not even close.

What is Doom actually better than Dante at that relates to getting shot to shit with projectiles? Because unless you can get past that without a THC you're already worse than Dante.

• rylander2rylander2 Joined: Posts: 91
    Dante lost a ton of invincibility on hammer, half of his meter gain and damage per combo, the best anti air in the game by a landslide (5A), vanilla acid rain loops, and lots of range on his normals. He was also one of the best and most convenient DHC glitch recipients. He could even do the glitch, but he didn't need to because that would mean he lost meter he could have gained from killing you solo. He was also arguably the best in the game at using both invincible assists and now those no longer exist. In return, air play was slightly buffed, and he gained Vajra assist which is way worse than either invincible assist. How is this a slightly nerfed character?
  • rylander2rylander2 Joined: Posts: 91
    What is Doom actually better than Dante at that relates to getting shot to shit with projectiles? Because unless you can get past that without a THC you're already worse than Dante.
    Doom has a far better airgame, he's a better zoner, his normals are better, his mixups are better, his movement is way better, and his air pokes are some of the best in the game. Dante only has a stronger ground game but Doom never has to be on the ground. Have any of you idiots ever actually played this game?

Edit: Also, Doom kills off of every touch and converts off every touch.
  • DiscarnateDiscarnate Keep Calm and Don't Allow Them To Play Joined: Posts: 157
    The only place Doom's point game is better than Dante's is Online.

2 bar footdives need nerfs.

But this is also the same place that Hulk is top tier.

:coffee:
    I'm just Fraudlike
    UMvC3: Spy May Stride (alt: Zero/Doom/Phoenix)
    Melee/Brawl: Peach (M alt: Young Link) (Brwl alt: Falco) SF4: Viper (alts: Cammy/Yun) SFxT: Cammy x Lili
    Sometimes I need to be alone, Doom don't kill my vibe. - Play Melee its a good game. - Learning Skullbabes
    something makes me want to believe that dante is equal to doom but you actually play that guy so ?????

also thanks for making me realize footdive is basically hammer but like ten thousand times better
  • FluxFlux Fair is overrated Joined: Posts: 980
    I'd like to see dieminion play joe/strange/doom...

He picked it on me at the January Local Battles monthly. I'd never seen him play it (or seen that team in general) so I had a really hard time. Until Joe goes down, its very scary.

Welp
    Ton of invinciblity. It's still invincible and bops a ton of stuff. Now you just cant flowchart with it as hard. Half his meter gain is an exaggeration. A good Dante combo in vanilla built around 2.8 - 3.5 bars unless your talking about looping acid rain more then 3 times which was pretty finicky against most characters. The range on his normals is still crazy even with the frames not being great. He lost 5A but in return they made 5B better as an AA.

So lets make a list.
    -nerfed hitstun on a lot specials a lot of specials gained hitstun instead of ignoring it which made his meter game from holy shit thats retarded to goddamn thats a lot of meter
    -nerfed damage from goddamn why did he kill me off that to oh ok now he has to reset me to kill me (unless he has Vergil/Zero/Dorm dhc)
    -nerfed 5A hitstun and hitbox
    -slightly nerfed the start-up invul on hammer

explain to me how that ISN'T a slightly nerfed character. the only character higher on the list of "this character should have been nerfed hard as fuck but instead got away with a slap on the wrist" then Dante is Magneto.

-Doom has a better airgame true but Dante has the option of burning a bar then having a better air game then Doom that can actually compete with the other top tiers air game
    -Doom is not a better zoner wtf are you smoking
    -His normals are better? See now you just trolling
    -His mixups are better? Ok I'm done.
    Doom never has to be on the ground? I guess that's why his air game is so useful against Morrigan, Hawkeye, Magneto, Zero and Dorm.

Wait...
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps brozhear Joined: Posts: 4,188
    Dante lost a ton of invincibility on hammer, half of his meter gain and damage per combo, the best anti air in the game by a landslide (5A), vanilla acid rain loops, and lots of range on his normals. He was also one of the best and most convenient DHC glitch recipients. He could even do the glitch, but he didn't need to because that would mean he lost meter he could have gained from killing you solo. He was also arguably the best in the game at using both invincible assists and now those no longer exist. In return, air play was slightly buffed, and he gained Vajra assist which is way worse than either invincible assist. How is this a slightly nerfed character?
    considering how good he was in the first place, even with those crazy nerfs he's still really good. Vanilla Dante was out of control, way too stupid, way too good, and he spoiled everybody. Now people would rather QQ about new Dante instead of learning how to play him for real
    GGXrd - Sol // SFV - Ken
    SFV Ken Okizeme Lessons
    Doom never has to be on the ground? I guess that's why his air game is so useful against Morrigan, Hawkeye, Magneto and Dorm.

Wait...

Yeah unless there's a way for Doom to actually do any of that shit against those characters which are very prominent in tourneys...I'm not getting it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

considering how good he was in the first place, even with those crazy nerfs he's still really good. Vanilla Dante was out of control, way too stupid, way too good, and he spoiled everybody. Now people would rather QQ about new Dante instead of learning how to play him for real

Sounds like DmC.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    my doom has the best mixups and my dante's mixup is qcb H xx devil trigger
    youtube sfv