2015 UMVC3 SRK Tier/Theory Discussion. 7/10 First Page Tumblr: Power of snapback, Future power teams

Comments

• HyperShieldSlashHyperShieldSlash No Items, Little Mac Only, Final Destination Joined: Posts: 1,141
    I wish More people would play my team, it's got some cool stuff
    Bious wrote: »
    What about when the ass on your old ass ass croaks?
    Rokmode wrote: »
    you are my favorite poster
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Doom dash cancesl are to fucking good in conjunction with Jam Session, why didn;t I start this shit sooner.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,277 mod
    Doom dash cancesl are to fucking good in conjunction with Jam Session, why didn;t I start this shit sooner.

Cuz foot dive.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,564
    You'll need it for the 4 resets needed to kill off Jam 8-)
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol, well in that spiderman animated series story line his face had been fixed because he stole the beyonder's powers. Thats why he took his mask off. Otherwise he is an ugly fuck.
    <<>>
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,525
    I can't believe I'm uttering these words...you're right.

didnt you admit i was the better marvel player sometime ago? following that logic if im never right in this forum what can be said about you :rolleyes:
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    didnt you admit i was the better marvel player sometime ago? following that logic if im never right in this forum what can be said about you :rolleyes:

irrelevant.

Just because someones better at marvel then another doesn't mean their knowledge of marvel is better.

Doesn't anyone remember Fchamp's garbage tier list?
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 1,302
    They don't necessarily correlate but I'm certainly going to weigh a better players opinion more highly. I also definitely think there's a threshold where if you aren't at a certain level of the game I simply don't think you have the experience to have super valid opinions. A stream monster who's never played the game offline absolutely can not understand the game at the same level as a high level player because they haven't gotten to feel the matchups.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    Yeah, of course. There's definitely a border and threshold, but on a site like this where we all play the game and "all" (notice the quotes) seem to be quite knowledgeable about it, I left that out.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/deviljin01

First run of my blog for the top 10 or so characters according to Chrisis' current list. Gonna be too big to put into posts. For anyone who wants to read it's basically a comparison of the theory and results that have occurred with those characters and what may be possible for them in the future.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,158
    You have to have an account to read it?
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes

Probably. I haven't used tumblr in a while. If so I might post it out later in sections with spoilers or something.

• HyperShieldSlashHyperShieldSlash No Items, Little Mac Only, Final Destination Joined: Posts: 1,141
    Firebrand/Shuma/Drooooooooooooooooones. I think Rokmode might want to throw some opinions at that.
    Bious wrote: »
    What about when the ass on your old ass ass croaks?
    Rokmode wrote: »
    you are my favorite poster
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170

Yeah you do. I can lend you mine if you don't want to make one.
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • ZansamZansam Frank Time! Joined: Posts: 1,289
    If Jrosa can do it anyone can. More people do need to play it so everyone can see how beatable it is.

Or there's the other side of the spectrum where people actually make team adjustments/put more favorable matchups/strategies against Morridoom. Heaven forbid we swap out one of our top 10 characters for somebody who offers a bit more utility to a matchup.
    The dream is dead.
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 950
    They don't necessarily correlate but I'm certainly going to weigh a better players opinion more highly. I also definitely think there's a threshold where if you aren't at a certain level of the game I simply don't think you have the experience to have super valid opinions. A stream monster who's never played the game offline absolutely can not understand the game at the same level as a high level player because they haven't gotten to feel the matchups.
    Do you know how much time I spend in training mode against the CPU? Why shouldn't my opinion be as valid as someone who actually plays the game? Get your blasphemous comments out of here. Long live Viper top tier!
  • STANGSTANG Joined: Posts: 1,200
    HEIL VIPER
    HEIL VIPER

I just like Viper. I could care less how good or bad she is although it's obvious she's one of the games best characters. Chrisis is confident that she more or less breaks the game on point so we'll see if that actually plays out. She has too many ways to keep herself safe and can attack from too many ranges to be anything worse than top 10 ever.

At least it's more realistic than Strange top 2.

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,758
    You must be new there.
    I just like Viper. I could care less how good or bad she is although it's obvious she's one of the games best characters. Chrisis is confident that she more or less breaks the game on point so we'll see if that actually plays out. She has too many ways to keep herself safe and can attack from too many ranges to be anything worse than top 10 ever.
    Viper's cool, but she has two flaws that prevent her from being number 1, imo. Her normals suck. Coming from an Akuma player, that is pretty hard to overcome. You can EX siesmo, but she's kinda fucked against some characters without meter. Her other big problem is her weakness against air-based opponents. I know Vajra alleviates this, but you can say that X assist can nullify any character's flaws, so I honestly don't count that out completely.

She's pretty damn good (Probably either top 3 or top 5), but I think she falls right behind Magneto and Vergil. Believe me, you can do worse than that.
    Viper's cool, but she has two flaws that prevent her from being number 1, imo. Her normals suck. Coming from an Akuma player, that is pretty hard to overcome. You can EX siesmo, but she's kinda fucked against some characters without meter. Her other big problem is her weakness against air-based opponents. I know Vajra alleviates this, but you can say that X assist can nullify any character's flaws, so I honestly don't count that out completely.

She's pretty damn good (Probably either top 3 or top 5), but I think she falls right behind Magneto and Vergil. Believe me, you can do worse than that.

Yeah it's like to me...in a team based game it really doesn't matter whether you're top one or not. Even if you're top 1 with a team built around you the game is still going to get very matchup and synergy based any ways.

I just used his list because it better reflects some things that are changing like Morrigan becoming a lot more dominant in tournaments and on general footage (even if it's only be a couple people) and how it's pretty obvious her spacing game is going to force a lot of team changes.

As far as Viper specifically, I used to think the normals were an issue but it's really only her ground normals that are an issue and they still do basic things like put people in frame traps and allow her to go high and low for mix up quickly. It's one thing to be a character like Akuma who just has stubby normals (and even then he doesn't have a normal as long as Viper's c.M) and another character to have stubbier ground normals with the ability to hyper armor everyone else's normals. Her c.M although it doesn't AA much well at all...actually has more range than the some of the crouch normals of the entire other cast. The only huge issue with her c.M is the terrible whiff recovery so you're kinda forced to commit to it.

Once you learn how to utilize focus correctly Viper then has the ability to beat normals that most other normals have trouble even trading with like Foot Dive and Helm Breaker. Being able to straight disrespect moves that even characters with some of the best normals have to respect...is pretty big. Especially since it's hyper armor that's pretty strong since there's no points attached to it and it only dissipates once her unblockable is ready. Once you get her plink dash and aerial movement down focus can take care of a lot of other stuff.

Seismo beats all normals that aren't projectile invincible and her j.H OS's into throws so any jump normal that can OS into throw is good enough. Once you're in throw range you're going to beat the normal in frames any ways.

If she had really beast Magneto/Dante style ground normals there would probably be not much reason to play anyone else because it'd be like fighting against a pixie Vanilla Sent.

• Shin-RonShin-Ron :D Joined: Posts: 649
    no fair not to rank chars w/o an assist imo... i though we wanted to be moving towards team based tiering, not away.

dooms the best in that case
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/deviljin01

First run of my blog for the top 10 or so characters according to Chrisis' current list. Gonna be too big to put into posts. For anyone who wants to read it's basically a comparison of the theory and results that have occurred with those characters and what may be possible for them in the future.
    Less violent red pleas
    no fair not to rank chars w/o an assist imo... i though we wanted to be moving towards team based tiering, not away.

dooms the best in that case

Assists are factored in especially since there's 3 specific word based tier lists on top of the mmcafe picture tier list. The picture tier list represents vertically the characters point game when their best assists are attached to them so that's already covered. The horizonta lets you know how powerfully that same character supports a team.
    Less violent red pleas

Red is my favorite color. Deal with it.

I'll probably change it later. I forgot about that because it appears blue on my profile.

• ZansamZansam Frank Time! Joined: Posts: 1,289
    Oh come now, let's keep tiering it solely by single characters and mostly on their ability to be on point. It's fun to kick people's asses with a team that most people dismiss as mid to mid-low tier ;).
    The dream is dead.
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'd like to see dieminion play joe/strange/doom...
  • p0tat0 5aladp0tat0 5alad I like orange. Joined: Posts: 1,278
    Lol, well in that spiderman animated series story line his face had been fixed because he stole the beyonder's powers. Thats why he took his mask off. Otherwise he is an ugly fuck.
    In some series, Victor has been portrayed as being so vain that the explosion only left a scratch on his cheek but he felt he was so disfigured that he DID put on the scalding mask to finish the job.

Also, an incognito Dr. Doom is so godlike!
    2mwryt.jpg
    UMvC3 - Spencer/Task/Skrull
    AE - Abel
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Whats considered the optimal Dormammu & Wesker teams nowadays
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    In some series, Victor has been portrayed as being so vain that the explosion only left a scratch on his cheek but he felt he was so disfigured that he DID put on the scalding mask to finish the job.

Also, an incognito Dr. Doom is so godlike!
    tumblr_lf9od6VQIs1qat2fro1_500.jpg
    I know Kirby preferred just the small scar that Victor saw as a full disfigurement over an actual disfigurement version.
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Wesker/Strange/Doom

and

Dorm/Strange/Doom
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • STANGSTANG Joined: Posts: 1,200
    Not having the best normals is not the end of the world. From what i've seen, Viper just dominates everyone on the ground. I'm not saying you can ignore the fact that she has bad normals, but her other tools can make up for the normals.
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Wesker/Strange/Doom

and

Dorm/Strange/Doom

Am I being trolled?.....
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 4,386
    The only normal Viper needs is cr.M.

j.L and j.H are okay too.
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    Am I being trolled?.....
    thor works as well
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,109
    Not having the best normals is not the end of the world. From what i've seen, Viper just dominates everyone on the ground. I'm not saying you can ignore the fact that she has bad normals, but her other tools can make up for the normals.

I disagree having good normals matters. Like i doubt vergil would be played if he had RR type limbs. Big normals are good unless you're GR. But big normals are the only redeeming quality for characters like IM.

There needs to be a medium between mobility and normals for a character to be top IMO. C viper normals are nothing to write home about.
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    Tried out the Jill infinite yesterday.

Best infinite ever. I gotta use this more.
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,525
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659
    I disagree having good normals matters. Like i doubt vergil would be played if he had RR type limbs. Big normals are good unless you're GR. But big normals are the only redeeming quality for characters like IM.

There needs to be a medium between mobility and normals for a character to be top IMO. C viper normals are nothing to write home about.
    I agree that they do matter, I just don't think it stops Viper from being good those. Through I think people who would be picking Viper if she had braindead normals instead of braindead specials.
  • MetaSkipperMetaSkipper Pikachu used Surf! Joined: Posts: 1,556
    Does Ghost Rider have a hurtbox in his chain? Can't see how that could hurt him. Speaking of which, does Phoenix Wright have a hurtbox in his finger?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    Freudian Cross-Up: When you block one way but get hit on your mother's side.
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Frank West/Akuma Haggar/Spencer/Frank West Spencer/Haggar/Akuma
    SFIV: Zangief Hakan El Fuerte Abel Guile
    Firebrand/Dorm/Dante, imo. Dorm gets a lot of synergy with both of them and either FB or Donte can build meter if they need to.
    I think Wesker's best team is Wesker/Strange/Strider. Don't play Wesker, so I'm too well-versed in his needs.