2015 UMVC3 SRK Tier/Theory Discussion. 7/10 First Page Tumblr: Power of snapback, Future power teams

Comments

• AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    Zero does low damage and has no health, wesker is better!

I'll never forget "lightning loops are too impractical" as long as I live.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,993
    AceKillah wrote: »
    I'll never forget "lightning loops are too impractical" as long as I live.
    'vergil is mid tier at best'
    'dormammu is the best character in the game'

good times
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    wait how could I forget "Spencer is top tier" :rofl:
    tab wrote: »

good times

do you still play this game lol
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,993
    not really, but mostly because im too lazy to drive out especially on sundays
    i actually still love this dumb game because i continue to win for no apparent reason whenever i show up though
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 718
    I like my third main team: Storm, Trish and Doom
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,525
    mmm Dormammu is top 5 when in control, top 15 overall.
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
    I hate you for this Pat2.
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,866
    pat728 wrote: »
    I made a new theory video

That seems like an awful lot of meter to burn even though Vergil already has something similar with his DT air dash. What are gonna be the main uses for using this over DT air dash mixups?

This isn't including the dash up lockdown with the swords which you showed. However I can't lie that seems very weak to AGing
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • pat728pat728 The best Doom Joined: Posts: 734
    charlie88 wrote: »
    pat728 wrote: »
    I made a new theory video

That seems like an awful lot of meter to burn even though Vergil already has something similar with his DT air dash. What are gonna be the main uses for using this over DT air dash mixups?

This isn't including the dash up lockdown with the swords which you showed. However I can't lie that seems very weak to AGing

The practical uses for the blistering swords stuff is a bit situational. It is an extra meter you need to spend on swords when his mixups are already pretty good without it. But when you're stocked on meter you basically get to add at least one more layer of high/lows if you want. As far as pushblock goes, you can dash between the reps of the overheads to sometimes negate the pushblock but not always. Realistically nobody is probably going to just sit there and take a mixup for all 6 swords. Depending on their character size, how close you are, and which blistering sword you're firing it may miss meaning you're only hitting with the j.L which is a small amount of blockstun and somewhat risky to try to pushblock. But the main use would be when people already go for single blistering sword overheads, which is under the cover of an assist like jam session. It's also very good with all the blockstun of arthur daggers but sadly I can't do the H~S plink on pad.
    UMVC3: Morrigan/Doom/Arthur, Morrigan/Vergil/Strider
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • jromofojromofo Joined: Posts: 12
    That plink dashing while charging round trip is sexy as fuck. I've been plink dashing with Vergil and Zero while holding charge... not a whole lot of practical uses really... just good mobility and grab option select. Sexy as fuck tho >.<

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,997
    I realize nothing has happened here in 3 months, and I hardly play this game any more, but this is a thing.

Pretty scary in concept. Sort of like the Theory Viper teams of yore. Doesn't seem very practical though. Also kind of falls apart if you don't get the first hit.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 587
    The concept is cool, but Firebrand needs to play the matchups PERFECTLY to win neutral without assist and save RB for the incoming. Too much work to get the 300%. I would swap Tony for Skrull and use this as a troll team.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Ultron, Strider and maybe Chun while I wait forever for the X-Men. Space, Reality and Soul stones are sick.
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,866
    Sooo when firebrand dies I guess you just put the,controller down right

• The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,564
    Marvel so dead its first concept tech is seeing a rebirth. Flying Vee was ahead of his time RIP died to infinites
    That team is garbage. Marvel definitely is dying if people think that will work.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    So this is "A" tier list like Noel Brown is "A" fine upstanding human being?

Why are you posting this in the Marvel forum anyway?

Unreleased characters and all. Are you a time traveler from the future, lol?
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    lol Noel is a sociopath

I just understand game design patterns, not from the future
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 949
    To be fair the FGC is losing its grass roots to this esports corporate take over. If your telling me I can't do random penis/prostate exams on stream then I say why even bother playing FG's anymore?
  • M3llow_BalrogM3llow_Balrog Cyberbots player Joined: Posts: 54
    edited June 2016
    Can you guys name me any successful zoning/keepaway players (besides Chris G)? I need to study up and observe their strats.
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,133
    fchamp
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    RESURRECTION PART 2
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Lol
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    holy shit there's a mcrib option
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,183
    So after seeing many of the best tournament MODOKS have their MODOKS get thrashed I've determined MODOK is low mid tier at best.

Not that it matters.
    So after seeing many of the best tournament MODOKS have their MODOKS get thrashed I've determined MODOK is low mid tier at best.

Not that it matters.

That's because nobody is playing modok/arthur
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,133
    didn't you say modok is low-mid tier before worstplayer?
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    edited August 2016
    Really important find I just had

Jill's Cartwheel Kick tracks all techs as long as you cancel it from a Feral Crouch. Cartwheel itself is a 50/50 on most hitboxes. What this means is that Jill no longer needs to guess on Wakeup tech options and can guarantee her resets. Gonna keep on testing this though.

This is fucking big.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine

Jill's Cartwheel Kick tracks all techs as long as you cancel it from a Feral Crouch. Cartwheel itself is a 50/50 on most hitboxes. What this means is that Jill no longer needs to guess on Wakeup tech options and can guarantee her resets. Gonna keep on testing this though.

This is fucking big.

Somewhere Seth Killian is smiling.
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    Good jills have good yomi anyway but more safety can't hurt for resets
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • CorkyjayCorkyjay Joined: Posts: 285

This is fucking big.

I swear i saw that in a video from got potential from a while back but never understood how to do it. I will look into it
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Stopped playing for a while, but look forward to play the next chapter with you guys. Hopefully with better netcode so you can do basic bnbs and big body teams don't scrub out so many wins online.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited November 2016
    While I'll be sad to see MODOK not make the cut. Black Panther will be so lit and Alex Wilder will make his first gaming debut as the new odd ball character. (Calling it, he's the new antagonist for Luke Cage and Iron Fist) On a less presumptive note, kind of pissed it didn't come out sooner. I'm getting to an age and career point where playing this game seriously if it comes out will never really be a thing again. Sigh, but I'll like through you guys on Twitch.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,650
    edited November 2016
    AceKillah wrote: »
    wait how could I forget "Spencer is top tier" :rofl:
    tab wrote: »

good times

do you still play this game lol

I remember everyone my local group ganging up on me to say x23 was better than chun
    edited November 2016
    Completely top heavy team with no second assist is going to break the game lol. Unfortunately in Marvel your Firebrand will get hit and then RIP team. Cant HAM it our with Haggar and Sent like KBRs team.

Plus guess what happens in tournament? The Firebrand player eventually drops the combo and then Marvel starts to Marvel.

You don't break Marvel, Marvel breaks you.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I still play marvel everyday online with the crew. Magneto/Strange/Dante is the new dream. I don't get how anybody still isn't playing this game in mass. Its too damn fun.

I still play marvel everyday online with the crew. Magneto/Strange/Dante is the new dream. I don't get how anybody still isn't playing this game in mass. Its too damn fun.

People just can't handle a game with no rules and no limits to the speed things happen.

• MILFMILF Level... Joined: Posts: 1,561

Vergil spoilt it for new and old players.
    I agree the game is still fun
    Get Your Hands Off My Penis
    F.A.N.G

Oh! My my! It looks like you're already choking...2 minutes...I'll finish you...In 2 minutes
    ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬
    Vega & F.A.N.G
    ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬
    King of everything
    :smokin:
    ...back to basic. SSF4, UMVC3, TK, MK, SFA, ST, BR. bored
    Quite true, Phoenix was bad enough but Vergil just took BS to a brand new level.
    I don't really believe Marvel 4 is real (yet), but I love that just the possibility has created a resurgence in hype and love for this game.

HOLY SHIT BOYS WE IN THERE

• RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 718
    UMVC3 is back! :)
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

This shit suck . I need the actual gameplay. Praying that this doesn't isn't gonna be the tvc or Tekken vs Street fighter wherecut gets boring after the first 2 months since Capcom has sucked with 2 v2 recently

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 587
    This shit suck . I need the actual gameplay. Praying that this doesn't isn't gonna be the tvc or Tekken vs Street fighter wherecut gets boring after the first 2 months since Capcom has sucked with 2 v2 recently

Gameplay after the Capcom Cup finals. Hang in there, man.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Ultron, Strider and maybe Chun while I wait forever for the X-Men. Space, Reality and Soul stones are sick.
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    When the PC port for UMvC3 comes out I will probably start playing regularly again.
    I'll also probably sell my 360 since Marvel was the only reason I still kept it around.

You should always believe. TRULY BELIEVE

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    Damn, Phoenix really does run this game. It just won't stay dead! I'll have to get back into this game now to help cope with hype for MvCI. I guess we can have one last hurrah for UMvC3 before saying goodbye, eh boys?
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    So, now that I'm looking at this game again, I completely forgot cross-counters were a thing. Is there a reason they weren't used? Tied to bad assists or something?