Character with the best rushdown? Best turtle? Best zoning?

2»

Comments

• Oathkeeper89Oathkeeper89 #1 Saikyo of San Francisco Joined: Posts: 544
    Nobody plays Fei as a turtle - except in certain specifics match ups (Honda).

Actually I don't think I've ever seen a turtle Fei.

Fei needs to turtle in certain match ups, thought I disagree with the Honda match. Grapplers, primarily Gief/Hawk/Hakan and to a lesser extent Abel, Fei has to sit and zone.

Also, Fei never has to play aggressively; he has very strong buttons where he can just sit and react for an entire set.

Perhaps you need to expand your pool of Fei players.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭
    SO glad some people actually know the correct definition of Zoning.

Rushdown = Cammy (Autopilot She-Devil)
    Turtle = Fei, Rog, Honda (Claim some real estate and react)
    Zoning = Dhalsim, Sagat, Fei, Ryu
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• UserX03UserX03 Joined: Posts: 89
    What about vortex? If you consider that different than rushdown, then Akuma has the best vortex.

On top of that he still excels at rushdown, turtle, and zoning and can change between all four styles at the drop of a hat, making him one scary mofo.
  • the saviourthe saviour Joined: Posts: 170
    Rushdown: Cammy
    Turtle: Guile
    Zoning: Akuma. Because of air fireballs, sweep, teleport mainly. Sagat zoning isn't that good anymore imo because his bad footsies and risky tiger knees he's easier to walk down.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fei Long: he is an offensive character, and his purpose is to put you into the corner and rape you there. Nobody plays Fei as a turtle - except in certain specifics match ups (Honda). So calling him a turtle is silly.
    Did you guys watched Socal this weekend ? 2 good Feis were there, and I haven't seen any of them turtling at all. Actually I don't think I've ever seen a turtle Fei.
    Mike Ross sometimes plays a rushdown Honda, but that doesn't make Honda a rushdown character.

i disagree. thats ok tho.

i think its actually most match ups where fei just sits in spots on the screen and waits. its not the same take life lead wait on other side of screen turtling that honda does. but its still turtling. fei usually only moves on his own if he really rapes the other character or if the other character has something to push him off his spots like a fireball.
    DWU fucked my bitch
  • the saviourthe saviour Joined: Posts: 170
    yeah match ups have to be factored in. obviously fei can't turtle guile so he has to rush down. rekka is one of the best zoning moves in the game
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i disagree. thats ok tho.

i think its actually most match ups where fei just sits in spots on the screen and waits. its not the same take life lead wait on other side of screen turtling that honda does. but its still turtling. fei usually only moves on his own if he really rapes the other character or if the other character has something to push him off his spots like a fireball.

As I suggested earlier I think there is more archetypes than the 3 suggested. I think most people agree with that idea, though you don't want to fracture the classification of characters so much that EVERYONE is their own archetype I think that the standard fair of 3-4 character archetypes is both outdated and poorly thought out.

You have characters like Cammy and Sakura who are pretty much a mix of in your face pressure / knockdown Oki game. That is IMO the "offensive" archetype.

You have characters like Yun/Yang/Rufus/Guy who are all about waiting for the right moment and then they just rush down and keep pressuring you. That is the rushdown type.

Characters like T Hawk / Gief are the traditional "Grappler" they walk you down with strong footsies and then try and keep you honest or mix you up with their SPD.

Hakan and Abel are more vortex/grapplers where their footsies and buttons aren't their strong suit but they can knock you down easily and have really strong mixups.

Ibuki, Fuerte, Viper, Seth are all vortex characters based around landing that one knockdown to put you into a mixup that lands you back into the same sort of situation again.

Fei, Rog, Bison and to an extent Cody are corner carry characters who bait the opponent into hitting a button and either counter it, or whiff punish it. Sometimes through pressure, sometimes by simply parking themselves at the optimal distance and occasionally throwing out one of their fast safe moves to beat out potential button hits
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭
    I know it's irrelevant but Yang belongs to the last group and not the rushdown group.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Gen
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Ryo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    btw fyi you are all wrong.

not imo but word of god:
    best zoner:juri
    best rushdown:guy
    best turtler:guile
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    btw fyi you are all wrong.
    best rushdown:guy

Not even close to accurate. Rushdown isn't soley about just getting in. I wouldn't even say Guy is considerer rushdown either until you're already in the corner. Up until then he plays a lot like Fei. Mostly reactionary.
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭
    Rushdown: cammy, seth, DAN

Turtle: guile

zoning: dhalsim, akuma, gouken, sagat
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

• AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    Rushdown: Cammy (Enough said)

Turtle: Blanka (mostly applicable to online blanka. It makes me cringe seeing scrubby blankas online walking themselves backwards into corner while charging, it pains me to death seeing such a pathetic mind set :confused:)

Zoning: Dhalsim (seeing some high level play with dhalsim at evo, I am convinced he is easily one of the best zoners, I mean I thought he was good but when I saw some damn solid Dhalsim play for the first time, I cried (just a little).)
  • Rsnake91Rsnake91 Joined: Posts: 817

Age doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to video games. And PP lol, unless it's a 2K PP difference it don't matter at all. Btw this our friend littlescumbag playing here :

You talk like ur pro or some shit?

feel free to challenge him and tell me how you did ... extremly strong and arguably the strongest bison on pc live atm , and i didnt want to counterpick with cammy like a bitch i just stuck with ryu till the end although ryu has a hard time against bison... so, go boy challenge him and prove your skill to us before you talk about others little bitch ..

btw i play sagat on the side too (verry bad though) so my points got scaled from 4k to 3k

LOL!!!
    SSFIV:AE2012 - Cammy, Ryu
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,705 mod
    Guys. We have a tier thread that discusses everything that the OP is asking. Utilize that discussion instead. Thanks!
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
2»
This discussion has been closed.