Spider-Man changes for UMVC3 2013 update?

Comments

• AachiTekiAachiTeki Joined: Posts: 47
    Deadpool, Doom, Hulk, Storm and others.
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    make it so that a web throw that connects at maximum range actually does something. its so annoying to hit people with it only to go 'oh' when it just breaks.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • Ma$ter M@cMa$ter M@c Mac Chappy Joined: Posts: 23
    The Spider-man teams I have is:

Zero, Spider-Man, Shuma-Gorath
    Spencer/Spider-Man & Doom

I mean I kill with Spider-Man as well. But I practice with UTW's set ups.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,076
    As it stands now without too much execution required Soidey can max out solo at about 880k. That's starting mid screen and not using plinking and not too much worrying about screen positioning until later in the combo when you can't normally cancel intoi web throw. Adding assist, Doom especially, Spidey can kill all but Thor in certain situations. If you learn to plink and use the corners to get around hsd Spidey can do over 900k solo and more when assist are added.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    make it so that a web throw that connects at maximum range actually does something. its so annoying to hit people with it only to go 'oh' when it just breaks.

That's not even that huge of an issue. Web throw was already buffed as is when 3 was announced. It use to break sooner.

• Trent WilliamsTrent Williams Joined: Posts: 31
    As it stands now without too much execution required Soidey can max out solo at about 880k. That's starting mid screen and not using plinking and not too much worrying about screen positioning until later in the combo when you can't normally cancel intoi web throw. Adding assist, Doom especially, Spidey can kill all but Thor in certain situations. If you learn to plink and use the corners to get around hsd Spidey can do over 900k solo and more when assist are added.

Whatever combo this is I need the transcript for it. I'm looking for a reliable bnb that's assist free and that can be used anywhere on screen regardless of positioning. I've hit a bit of a wall where I've maxed out at about 764k with Dormammu Dark Hole assist.

And yes Spider-man needs that extra 50k of life for a solid 950k.
    I'm sure it's posted in the combo thread already. I'm pretty sure I posted it when I found it.
    I think Spider-Man should get his unscale web throw back. If he's not gonna get much buffs. I mean come on...Spencer has way more health, zipline is faster and hits like a truck and has an unscale move. I think Spider-Man should get his unscale web throw back. Spider-Sting assist has the Bite part with it. Along with two web zips one from ground with faster start up. I mean like seriously the popular spider-man being lamer than the nobody Spencer. Here's the buffs I think he should get

- Web Zip speed increased
    - 2 Web Zip one ground and one air
    - Crawler Assault with vaccum effect
    - Unscale L Web Throw
    - 950,000 vitality
    - L Web Throw speed increased
    - Spider-Sting assist include Spider-Bite

That's all I say he needs. All his other frame data can stay the same.
    Screw the unscale web throw. He just needs everything else.
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
    Slight boost to health and being able to stay up in the air longer (as a threat, not for runaway purposes), and a wall cling would be my only true wants. Can't get too greedy :)
  • istayhiistayhi Joined: Posts: 2
    With all this speculation and hype about new content updates for update for UMVC3, of course character buff and nerfs are going to happen. Do you guys think Spidey needs to be changed at all?
    Seriously, the only thing that gets me killed is webthow being uncancelable aside from xft. If i could web glide out or hyper cancel out id be satisfied. He's my favorite in the game, but given how many characters there are in relation to spidey....i figurr weak web balls with no priority, hardly any capture state and low health all seem to make him fair. After all, he's not meant to be OP. Anyone else remember how invanilla, uwt could be unavoidable on incoming, like x23 dirt nap....
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    I don't think it was unavoidable on incoming, but paired with web ball forcing a neutral tech every time, It was a lot closer to being inescapable on the entire cast. UWT can used more like an anti-air in Ultimate though due to its hitbox being moved up.
    Seriously, the only thing that gets me killed is webthow being uncancelable aside from xft. If i could web glide out or hyper cancel out id be satisfied. He's my favorite in the game, but given how many characters there are in relation to spidey....i figurr weak web balls with no priority, hardly any capture state and low health all seem to make him fair. After all, he's not meant to be OP. Anyone else remember how invanilla, uwt could be unavoidable on incoming, like x23 dirt nap....

UWT was never unavoidable especially on entry
    You can't UWT on characters just coming in unless they jump. (If they have a double jump.)
  • istayhiistayhi Joined: Posts: 2
    UWT was never unavoidable especially on entry
    i hate to question the great xero, but i could have sworn that in vanilla, on incoming if timed correctly could work....i mean, by default i take your word for it, but ive been with friends who got caught in it and theyve said they werent pushing a button ( just blocking) Anyways, while youre here, could you answer why dante hyper wont dhc into uwt when the opponent is spinning before or after the final bullet? and why x23s hypers act the same for dhcing into uwt?
    i hate to question the great xero, but i could have sworn that in vanilla, on incoming if timed correctly could work....i mean, by default i take your word for it, but ive been with friends who got caught in it and theyve said they werent pushing a button ( just blocking) Anyways, while youre here, could you answer why dante hyper wont dhc into uwt when the opponent is spinning before or after the final bullet? and why x23s hypers act the same for dhcing into uwt?

The mechanics of the game have been that when an opponent enters the screen they can't be thrown. This is why the current guard break now is game changing. The way to counter that rule you have to make the opponent active by forcing them to block or take a hit. Then they can be thrown.

As for your second question UWT is a air command throw. You can't combo throws period. If you could Spidey would be doing 300k off top for each combo finisher. :wgrin:

Also I'm not great just knowledgeable, thanks though :lol:
  • M87theEpidemicM87theEpidemic Joined: Posts: 31
    uhmm..

what he NEEDS:

+fixed Crawler assult hitbox..
    +no reason why mach speed has SO much more invincibility than Crawler assault.. CA should have increased invincibility
    +Maximum spider's hitbox is just plain stupid..i had the sparda twins devil trigger to whiff my MS...wtf ok i get it.. dont random it out.. but other characters dont stop right at the feet of the opponent on block~ ppretty sure MS is the only one

everything else is fine~.. a relatively safe character with ample mobility options. extra web zips would be nice but i wont lose sleep without it.. and im not losing sleep over him not being able to follow up ground throws. and UWT is just..lol just a lovely thing to have

HOWEVER:

what if they took away UWT as a command grab and gave us MSH- MvC2 UWT???

oh boy.. they gonna have to give me a REAL maximum spider... in the form of Phantom Dance(Max Wesker), unscale my web throws to 60k-70k, Spider Sense COUNTERS for full combos, *rant* *rant* *rant*
    aka: GI_Fight_evil [of the Chicago fgc]

UMvC3:Spider-man,Magneto,Dr.Doom /Strider-Hiryu,Vergil,Wesker
    Learning: Magneto, Deadpool, Vergil, Wesker
    uhmm..

what he NEEDS:

+fixed Crawler assult hitbox..
    +no reason why mach speed has SO much more invincibility than Crawler assault.. CA should have increased invincibility
    +Maximum spider's hitbox is just plain stupid..i had the sparda twins devil trigger to whiff my MS...wtf ok i get it.. dont random it out.. but other characters dont stop right at the feet of the opponent on block~ ppretty sure MS is the only one

everything else is fine~.. a relatively safe character with ample mobility options. extra web zips would be nice but i wont lose sleep without it.. and im not losing sleep over him not being able to follow up ground throws. and UWT is just..lol just a lovely thing to have

HOWEVER:

what if they took away UWT as a command grab and gave us MSH- MvC2 UWT???

oh boy.. they gonna have to give me a REAL maximum spider... in the form of Phantom Dance(Max Wesker), unscale my web throws to 60k-70k, Spider Sense COUNTERS for full combos, *rant* *rant* *rant*

UWT would probably be useless then considering how easy it would be to land in any combo. As for maximum spider the only thing it needs is the DHC window enlarged and probably a few frames reduced on recovery. The scenario you mentioned is normal. MS travels almost instantly so doing anything invincible during it will cause Spidey to zip through. I wouldn't mind web throws scaling out to 60k a throw instead of 40k though
    I would like Spider-Man at least have 950,000 vitality. I mean add 50K more isn't all that bad. Web throw needs faster start up time and Spider-Man should be able to do two web zips. Spider-Bite also needs to stop whiffing. Because there are times I press Spider-sting into Bite and it doesn't work. I mean like wtf?
    I would like Spider-Man at least have 950,000 vitality. I mean add 50K more isn't all that bad. Web throw needs faster start up time and Spider-Man should be able to do two web zips. Spider-Bite also needs to stop whiffing. Because there are times I press Spider-sting into Bite and it doesn't work. I mean like wtf?

there is some timing to be mindful of.. but meh.. i rather mash it till it works

I do that but that doesn't always work. I always mash it until it comes and sometimes it just doesn't come out. I lost matches because of that.
    i get that in xfactor.. this is why i like to reserve it for my other characters.

my real issue is get web ball instead of spider sting a lil too often :l

• DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    I think learning the actual timing of spider-bite might help you guys. You should hit :h: right before spider-man is at his peak or something like that. Just try it out in training mode, it might be more consistent for you.
  • MilodonMilodon Joined: Posts: 3
    here is my list of spidey changes for a possible umvc3 2013 version

Normals
    -make Cr:m: to have same reach as Cr:l:
    -make St:m: not to whiff on crouching opponets or have faster recovery
    -faster Cr:l:
    -increase hit box size for air:s: and air:h:
    -less recovery frames for Cr:h:

Specials
    Web Ball:
    -force neutral tech like in vanilla
    -less start up and recovery for all versions
    -and any of these, increase damage to 50k or increase captures state frames

Web Swing:
    -change the imputs to QCB instead of reverse DP motion
    -give soft knockdown to :m: version

Spider Sing:
    -increase frame window to cancel into Spider Bite
    -be able to use :l: and :m: to cancel into Bite

Web Throw:
    -decrease startup of :l: version
    -make it hyper cancelable on whiff

Web Zip:
    -decrease star up freames and incrase speed
    -make it able to perform an air web zip after a ground web zip
    -increase the hit box size

Hypers
    Crawler Assault:
    -decrease star up frames
    -give it a vacuum effect to stop air opponent from dropping when performed mid screen

Maximum Spider:
    -increase DHC window, to make able to DHC when spidey hits the ground
    -decrease recovery frames

Assists
    -Web ball should be the :h: version and the capture state frames should not be affected by HSD
    -Web Swing should have soft knockdown adn be :h: version
    -Spider Sting should be :l: version, be folowed by Bite (even in cross counters) and should come out faster.

also i would like spidey to have a Spiders sense like move, maybe something like amaterasu veil of mist and would be cool an increase on health, something like 950k would be fine.
    here is my list of spidey changes for a possible umvc3 2013 version

Normals
    -make Cr:m: to have same reach as Cr:l:
    -make St:m: not to whiff on crouching opponets or have faster recovery
    -faster Cr:l:
    -increase hit box size for air and air:h:
    -less recovery frames for Cr:h:

Specials
    Web Ball:
    -force neutral tech like in vanilla
    -less start up and recovery for all versions
    -and any of these, increase damage to 50k or increase captures state frames

Web Swing:
    -change the imputs to QCB instead of reverse DP motion
    -give soft knockdown to :m: version

Spider Sing:
    -increase frame window to cancel into Spider Bite
    -be able to use :l: and :m: to cancel into Bite

Web Throw:
    -decrease startup of :l: version
    -make it hyper cancelable on whiff

Web Zip:
    -decrease star up freames and incrase speed
    -make it able to perform an air web zip after a ground web zip
    -increase the hit box size

Hypers
    Crawler Assault:
    -decrease star up frames
    -give it a vacuum effect to stop air opponent from dropping when performed mid screen

Maximum Spider:
    -increase DHC window, to make able to DHC when spidey hits the ground
    -decrease recovery frames

Assists
    -Web ball should be the :h: version and the capture state frames should not be affected by HSD
    -Web Swing should have soft knockdown adn be :h: version
    -Spider Sting should be :l: version, be folowed by Bite (even in cross counters) and should come out faster.

also i would like spidey to have a Spiders sense like move, maybe something like amaterasu veil of mist and would be cool an increase on health, something like 950k would be fine.

you forgot to make a.S a foot dive

Making web swing qcb will only cause problems. It's fine as a RDP motion.
  • MilodonMilodon Joined: Posts: 3
    but if web swing where qcb it would be incredibly easy to tiger knee it for even more aggressive and faster over heads, i been trying to learn how to TK a RDP motion but is too hard, btw xero don't you have any tip to for an easy way to TK web swing?
  • X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232

Would have to agree with that. I was against the change when it happened, but now I'm fine with it. Has to stay RDP.
    I buffer my TK web swings during dash ins that are covered by assist. In the corner I use it after doing a web zip cancel. QCB would interfere with HCB. If this game has dedicated normals then I'd understand but since there are only three attack buttons it's fine as is
    Mostly the biggest problem with Spider-Man is his normals. He needs a bit more hit stun and certain hypers needs fixing and of course he needs some buffs.
    -Spider Sting needs invincibility like Ryu's Shoryuken
    -Spider Bite shouldn't be so frame tight
    -Normals needs more hit stun. (Not too much but a bit more.)
    -Crawler Assult needs more invincibility frames.
    Mostly the biggest problem with Spider-Man is his normals. He needs a bit more hit stun and certain hypers needs fixing and of course he needs some buffs.
    Ok I didn't mean to spam that.
  • ZeroTheHeroZeroTheHero Nothing but GG's Joined: Posts: 39
    The only thing I think Spiderman really truly honestly needs is hitboxes. If he had some higher priority moves hed be golden. I would suggest giving webswing a foot dive hit box that covers his whole body im not even trolling do that and make his h's act like sword normals and he would be a contender for top ten. The only other thing i would change is the durability properties of his web moves but honestly now after seeing morrigan and doom beam and disruptor run the entire game There needs to be a major rehaul of how the ENTIRE durability system works because its silly.
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lars SF4AE: Oni, Fei-Long // PSABR: Kratos, Drake // UMVC3:Zero(dp)/Vergil(RS)/Doom(Missile) // VF5FS: Jean
  • kookymanus2099kookymanus2099 The original Kookymanus Joined: Posts: 73
    Well looks like this is no longer a dream so perhaps this forum can live.

Spidey should be equal w/ Spencer in the damage output. Plus I think he needs some kinda joke to say to Spencer who tells him," You don't know nothing bout swinging."
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 950
    he needs to be able to combo from a ground throw solo. This would literally sky rocket his overall viability.
    since this apparently revived i got new opinions.. web ball.. if the dam move is only gonna do 10k atleast make it eat a couple fire balls/soul fists so i can plink dash in for a confirm.

would be nice to increase the duration of trapped opponents.

Maximum spider is stupidly unsafe for no reason.. either give it a reason to be unsafe or at the very least make it as safe as Weskers Phantom Dance

can i have a spidey sense counter? no..? well.. ok :[

but a new tool would be nice... two web zips while midair maybe(in addition to the web swing/ air dash)

but a new tool would be nice... two web zips while midair maybe(in addition to the web swing/ air dash)

Now that I can agree on that Spidey should have up to 3 webzips in the air like Spencer including the ability to go straight down too.

His c.mk is more than enough to deal w/ Morrigans shell kick, but its hard to confirm if she is doing it simultaneously w/ a soul fist. Spidey's webzip while standing from full screen stops morrigan from setting up bullet storm.
    he needs to be able to combo from a ground throw solo. This would literally sky rocket his overall viability.

Yes I agree plus a possible command throw for more mix ups. Wouldn't be bad either to throw in a dodge like viewtiful joe or counter like ammy or wesker. Possibly could give him a slow down super or speed up state.

Yes I agree plus a possible command throw for more mix ups. Wouldn't be bad either to throw in a dodge like viewtiful joe or counter like ammy or wesker. Possibly could give him a slow down super or speed up state.

If he did have a counter special it should be lp counter gives u lp webswing, mp gives u mp spider sting & fp gives u fp webball. Just wishful thinking but at least there's more hope of it happening now.
  • INVIZOBLEINVIZOBLE Joined: Posts: 264
    give spiderman untechable web balls again. or an air web throw Kappa
    youtube.com/invizoble