Well, it ain't the same

AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99Joined: Posts: 254
I have been playing street fighter for a long time and my ps3 died so I stopped playing street fighter 4. So I played alot of street fighter alpha max 3 and sfxt on my vita. I recently got a new xbox and SFIVAE. I also got myself a new stick while I was at it. Basically, to sum things up; it is completely different. I am still in the SFxT mindset of conserving meter to tag out and just other things. What would you guys suggest me to do to get out of this mindset? Also, I noticed that When I do blanka's hori ball on the stick I can't really do it, I end up doing Down back to down forward kinda like I am going to execute his U2. I am not sure if that second part should be in the execution thread, but minuswell post it in here. So is there any way to get out of this sfxt mindset and is there a way to fix my stick movement issue? I notice I do this stick movement issue with every character, and that isn't the only issue, I just all in all have a stick issue. I pull of a shoryuken when I try to cancel off of crouching forward instead of a hadoken. I just seem to hug the corners of the stick. I am either pulling down or pushing forward. Any advice to fix my two issues?

Comments

• density.density. DIVEKICK HERO Joined: Posts: 741
    If you're trying to do walk forward, cr.mk xx fireball you need to go to down back, then do the QCF or else it will do cr.MK xx DP.

You should probably spend some time in training mode getting your execution back
    If I missed them with it then it was just a gimmick. If I hit them with it then it was all mindgames. At least, that's what I tell everyone I play against.

This is called a "boast/excuse option select" and it's without a doubt the most useful technique that anyone has ever taught me." -Deadfrog
  • AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    If you're trying to do walk forward, cr.mk xx fireball you need to go to down back, then do the QCF or else it will do cr.MK xx DP.

You should probably spend some time in training mode getting your execution back

I would usually go in an endless lobby and bash it out and work out on my execution because I learn more when I am under pressure of some sort but since I don't have xbl I guess I that won't work. I was thinking that the best way to fix it is to just play it out.

I don't main ryu at all (this could be used for akuma though) but I was more playing him just to get warmed up again.
  • SouthSouth Joined: Posts: 132
    I would usually go in an endless lobby and bash it out and work out on my execution because I learn more when I am under pressure of some sort but since I don't have xbl I guess I that won't work. I was thinking that the best way to fix it is to just play it out.

I don't main ryu at all (this could be used for akuma though) but I was more playing him just to get warmed up again.

Yeah, I'd do what you're doing right now.

Understand that the big difference between 4 and XT is that there are certain threats each character has that you DO NOT DO NOT want to get hit by-- in xT, hard knockdowns aren't an issue because it's a 50/50 to get the pressure after.

If its just the meter conservatism thats the problem, know that that ISN'T a problem. You'll be well off if you use a character who's super bar is really important to them, like Yun or Ryu.
    SF4: Ryu/Balrog/Chun-Li
    UMVC3: Brammy-bots/Bennett Don't Got $*!& on This [Firebrand/Sentinel/Amaterasu]
    MVC2: Jars of Dirt [RubyHeart/BlackHeart/Sentinel]
    Member of the TLC Dojo
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.