What's the sickest conversion you've ever pulled off in a match?

SouthSouth Joined: Posts: 132
I'm talking top of the screen j.L to the floor for a full combo.

This is my favorite part of Marvel-- taking tiny touches and using mobility and hitstun to bring them to the floor.

Personally, I've done that random toetap j.MM j.MMS with Sentinel when I wasn't even looking at the screen, and done j.H rocket punch xx Hard Drive full screen into full combo. Still, with my team, you don't get many cool ones because everyone on it has a jumping ground bounce move.
SF4: Ryu/Balrog/Chun-Li
UMVC3: Brammy-bots/Bennett Don't Got $*!& on This [Firebrand/Sentinel/Amaterasu]
MVC2: Jars of Dirt [RubyHeart/BlackHeart/Sentinel]
Member of the TLC Dojo
Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
·

Comments

• AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando King of Beasts Joined: Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I converted Thor to Christianity once.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's only a few characters who have real conversions anyway in this game. Viper, Chun, Iron Man, Racoon, Spiderman, Thor and Joe. Pretty much everyone else's is super easy just because of moves that cause retarded amounts of hitstun (ie: all of Magneto's air normals) and causing ground bounce, wall bounce, hard knockdown states. (Wolverine,Doom etc.) That aside it feels nice hitting someone with a SJ height Iron Man confirm, reminds me a lot of my marvel 2 fast fly stuff.
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭
    They should take away Vergil's box dash in DT. He ain't have that shit in DMC3.

They should give everyone else in the game a boxdash for lulz.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    ·
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a "conversion"? Is that what ghetto kids call a comeback these days?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    ·
  • JakeyjakeJakeyjake YOLO expert Joined: Posts: 119
    What's a "conversion"? Is that what ghetto kids call a comeback these days?
    A "conversion" is when you attack your opponet and get a combo off of it.
    So like for instance, I threw out a random air H with Spider-Man and was able to get out a combo that did atleast half-health.
    ·
  • GameHovaGameHova O.N.I.F.C. Joined: Posts: 559
    Nothing is sweeter in the game than Iron man conversion and OVC
    IRONMAN/DORMAMMU/STRANGE
    ·
    A "conversion" is when you attack your opponet and get a combo off of it.
    So like for instance, I threw out a random air H with Spider-Man and was able to get out a combo that did atleast half-health.

Oh...seems like somewhat of a useless term (probably coined at a tourney or something), but mine was back in the alpha 2 days. Opponent tried to cross me up with Nash, and I did Ryu's toward and strong punch, as he tried to do Nash's toward and roundhouse. With my back turned, I knocked him out of it, then did low forward (which went in the right direction and connected due to my frame advantage) into shinkuu hadoken. I made a gif of the video cuz that back-turned hit was so damn weird, I had to keep it.

nohomo.gif
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    SFA2:Hitbox Edition
    Yo, that is legendary! :tup:
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top-of-the-screen footdive.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's only a few characters who have real conversions anyway in this game. Viper, Chun, Iron Man, Racoon, Spiderman, Thor and Joe. Pretty much everyone else's is super easy just because of moves that cause retarded amounts of hitstun (ie: all of Magneto's air normals) and causing ground bounce, wall bounce, hard knockdown states. (Wolverine,Doom etc.) That aside it feels nice hitting someone with a SJ height Iron Man confirm, reminds me a lot of my marvel 2 fast fly stuff.
    Ammy has real conversions :(
    Shuma too
    and I still do vanilla doom conversions because fuck you
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭
    Ammy has real conversions :(
    Shuma too
    and I still do vanilla doom conversions because fuck you

Cant Ammy just do whatever into Dog headbutt? Thats what I usually see Marlin do anyways. Also I'm not quite sure what this "Shuma" is you speak of.
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant Ammy just do whatever into Dog headbutt? Thats what I usually see Marlin do anyways. Also I'm not quite sure what this "Shuma" is you speak of.
    It's dependent on the angle you hit them at. Not to mention, you are looking at bad bad damage if you do get that confirm. Confirming from super jump height and optimizing your damage with ammy. . . you are looking at around 3 weapon switches just to confirm
    Then, all the random confirms require very quick reactions and switches.
    ie. random jump beads confirms requires you to switch to sword and jump l m sword dive switch to beads jh dash etc
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    Ammy has the conversions of a god. They are so damn hard just because ammy has almost no hitstun on her air normals and the ones that actually do have good hitstun you have to stance cancel to get anything off it.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
    ·
  • angelpalmangelpalm xbox/ps4 - angelpalm Joined: Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammy has the conversions of a god.

Um...I would think that goes without saying...:lol:
    ·
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played MVC2, so no MVC3 conversion qualifies as "sick" for me.
    Fight For The Future!!
    ·
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭
    Landing Dormammus super jump height conversion is one of the most beautiful feelings in the game (0:44:50)

Slow and steady wins the race
    ·
    I played MVC2, so no MVC3 conversion qualifies as "sick" for me.
    not even super jump height burn kick loop confirms?
    ·
  • DanderDander dander Joined: Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭
    It was way early into marvel 3's life, before ultimate and I was at Clock's house running game with him and the crew. I had noticed his Phoenix was tearing that ass up all over. It was my turn and we play regular he kills off two of my characters and I'm left with Super Skrull vs his Phoenix. He is building meter by super jumping to orbs and doing em over and over. I try my teleport and am hit out by orbs, He does it again and so I wave dash across the screen, by this time his slow orbs are following me and when I reach the opposite end of the screen, his side, I super jump and air grab him out of his orbs dash forward and do the dive with d. fierce. I think that's what it was. Anyway, I owned him.
    Excuse the prolixity. I cater to all and few all at once. Sorry ahead of time.
    ·
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I was playing locdown87 (best strider doom on psn). I got his sentinel in AHVB, but close to the gun (you know, when it only causes 16 hits no matter how much you mash). I was on p1 side. I landed, and sjAHVBed his sentinel again.

No big deal right?

EXCEPT NOW I WAS ON THE P2 SIDE FACING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

he messaged me afterwards telling me how gdlk I am
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • JakeyjakeJakeyjake YOLO expert Joined: Posts: 119
    One time I was playing Zero and I threw out a completly random charged buster and was able to pull off a combo and killed him.
    Then I did it 2 more times.

Bet none y'all ever did that!
    ·
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I did an air throw from super jump height and then I OTG'd and killed the character and I felt totally godlike because it was from super jump height.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
    ·
  • poryon2poryon2 aka ocean Joined: Posts: 512
    One time I landed Nemesis' level 3 grab super.
    umvc3: pw/haggar/arthur
    skullgirls: peacock/double
    persona 4 arena: teddie
    psn: poryon2 (umvc3, kof13, skullgrills, p4a)
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    liez!
    ·
  • Clockw0rkClockw0rk ~!~!~! Joined: Posts: 607

@ 4:10

I once did a backwards confirm with j. LMM with Doom. If a confirm isn't caught on tape, can it be truly confirmed?!
    ·
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭
    My personal favourite is here:

6:20, I got a little creative (and honestly, lucky since I didn't get bopped by Wolv) to kill off a Frank West assist call
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    ·
  • nsongsternsongster Marvel 3 player/Arcade stick addict/Stream monster Joined: Posts: 94

On XBL, right?
    ·
  • ApollunaiApollunai Joined: Posts: 69
    C.Viper, super jump height stair case loop confirm just feels so SEXY!
    "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"

BURNKICK!
    ·
  • guiarroyosguiarroyos What kind of sorcery is this? Joined: Posts: 123
    Not mine, but one of the sickest conversions ever (at 3:30:11):
    UMvC3: Magneto - Dr. Strange - Dr. Doom
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    MK9: Rain - Ermac
    Injustice: Raven - Batman
    ·
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD fartboner Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Iron Man super jump height conversions into kill combos always give me a massive erection.
    ·
  • TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    Once upon a time, some canadian moron blew up his anchor Deadpool(with XFAC still available) after his 3rd teleport right in front of my extremely ass Dante. I OTG'd into the easiest Dante combo and won. Im fuckin' godlike.

Actually, this happened 2 days ago and YES it was on XBL.
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
    ·
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    vajra hits, low gun shot with wesker into combo. get at my level boys:smokin:
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    ·
  • Roy LingoRoy Lingo The Fraud of Frauds Joined: Posts: 23
    Used Nova's slide. Did the BnB into Spencer Diagonal assist then I raw tagged into Doctor Strange and did a Flames of the Faltine loop.
    Professional: Spencer fraud, Vergil fraud, Dante fraud and Magneto fraud.
    ·
  • Mo0NsMo0Ns Just like Cap but better. Joined: Posts: 440
    One time I linked stand jab off of Nova's box dash jump H on an airborne character.

MoONs
    UMvC3: Nova, Taskmaster, Amaterasu / Shuma, Spencer, Doom
    SSF4AE: Cody
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    ·
  • ChungriChungri Lucky Candy! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Joined: Posts: 653
    One time I linked stand jab off of Nova's box dash jump H on an airborne character.
    But what about this? ;- ;
    Step 3: Remove Pants
    ·
  • discovigilantediscovigilante I'm associated with this guy! Joined: Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I hit someone with Nova's human rocket punch H, which causes a wall-bounce, but I was close to the corner, so I had to ADDB j.H, fly, MMH, unfly M, land, s.L, s.H, S, continue. I got some "oh daaaaamns" for that.
    Post edited by discovigilante on
    Yoshikawa City's Finest!
    My dumbass twitter: @discovigilante
    UMvC3:
    Nova β Doom α/ɣ Ammy β
    Ammy β Doom α Dante α
    Doom β Storm α Strange ɣ (variable order)

Aquapazza: Chizuru
    UNIBEL: Hyde
    Killer Instinct: Fulgore
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    once did trish's peakaboo raw taged dante in and it hit them into the trap which in turn got me level 5 frank.
    ·
  • AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 27
    ffs i play doom strider sent my entire game is conversions.
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
    ·