A little confused about these sticks

Mr.Ant CaponeMr.Ant Capone Joined: Posts: 4
So i'm looking for a Fight Stick at the moment i'm willing to spend over 100 but the shipping to Australia is outrageous so i'm looking for a decently priced stick and cheap shipping and I think I found it. However these sticks don't appear to be official but they looks quite similar to Madcatz TE sticks. What do you guys think?

Auction: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ryu-Sanwa-Buttons-PS3-Arcade-FIGHT-STICK-fightstick-for-Street-Fighter-4-IV?item=320983752409&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5151913299680728641
·

Comments

• AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    I have also looked into these sticks, they look interesting. I never committed to buying it, but it may be worth a shot if you have the money. If they turn out to be good, I may try one myself.
    ·
  • Mr.Ant CaponeMr.Ant Capone Joined: Posts: 4
    I have also looked into these sticks, they look interesting. I never committed to buying it, but it may be worth a shot if you have the money. If they turn out to be good, I may try one myself.

I'm most likely going to pick it up I was just curious as to what people thought about it if they where crap or where good.
    ·
  • ThengeanceThengeance Joined: Posts: 6
    As far as I know, this is a Chinese manufacturer that doesn't need to contend with regulations about system compatibility, etc. I can't say that I've heard of people using these sticks, so I would just say go with your gut. If you feel fuzzy about this seller, then go for it! Otherwise, look into your local gaming store and see if they can order them for cheaper and just have you buy them in-store.

I, however, am too brainwashed by American brand popularity culture, so I went with one from a major manufacturer.
    ·
    As far as I know, this is a Chinese manufacturer that doesn't need to contend with regulations about system compatibility, etc. I can't say that I've heard of people using these sticks, so I would just say go with your gut. If you feel fuzzy about this seller, then go for it! Otherwise, look into your local gaming store and see if they can order them for cheaper and just have you buy them in-store.

I, however, am too brainwashed by American brand popularity culture, so I went with one from a major manufacturer.

fair enough I may just buy a http://eightarc.com/qanba-q2-standard or buy the http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-Qanba-Q1-cut-Sanwa-PS3-PC-fightstick-fight-stick-street-fighter-IV-/221133820265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337c9a5169#ht_3653wt_1159r what would you recommend out of the two?
    ·
  • ThengeanceThengeance Joined: Posts: 6
    My buddy has an eightarc fusion and it's pretty high quality. I think if you want to go to tourneys where there might be only 360's present, get a Q4 that's compatible with either system for an extra ~$50. If you don't think that's going to happen, $100 for the Q2 isn't bad at all. I would be really careful about ordering on ebay, specifically with the reputation of the retailer as well as the hidden fees they slap you with like shipping. If you want to reduce that outrageous Aussie shipping cost, I would really recommend investigating what I think is still EBGames over there and see if they can just have a stick sent to the store for you to purchase. The beauty of retail supply chains!
    ·
    My buddy has an eightarc fusion and it's pretty high quality. I think if you want to go to tourneys where there might be only 360's present, get a Q4 that's compatible with either system for an extra ~$50. If you don't think that's going to happen, $100 for the Q2 isn't bad at all. I would be really careful about ordering on ebay, specifically with the reputation of the retailer as well as the hidden fees they slap you with like shipping. If you want to reduce that outrageous Aussie shipping cost, I would really recommend investigating what I think is still EBGames over there and see if they can just have a stick sent to the store for you to purchase. The beauty of retail supply chains!

EB Games does that? Wow! I'll look into it and see if its possible. I also found this site http://www.qanbashop.com/EN/AUD/home.html it seems pretty spot on with prices so maybe I should buy from there if EB doesn't do that down here.
    ·
  • SqualieSqualie Joined: Posts: 2
    EB in Canada wasn't very helpful with that, but I got a qanba q4 and I recommend it.
    ·
  • AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254

if he really wants the other stick though; he could just dual mod it. (It isn't that hard to do that, right? My friend did it for me)
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Qanba sticks are good stuff. (Hori and Madcatz sticks with Sanwa buttons just as well if you can get your hands on any, of course) Just be sure of the platform compatibility of whatever stick you buy, and you're set.
    Steam/GGPO/#Ronline: Coffeeling
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    ·
  • takumatakuma Joined: Posts: 12
    Hi guys sorry for digging this thread up but I had a question regarding qanbashop

I'm interested in this: http://www.qanbashop.com/EN/AUD/product/Qanba-Q3-PS3PC-Sanwa-Empire-Arcadia-8.html

It seems like a good deal even with the 66 dollars shipping. I'm Australian and it's kind of difficult to find decently prized sticks (even on ebay the prices and shipping can be ridiculous)

Anyway, are qanbashop reputable? Also does anyone know where I might get a better deal? Many thanks
    ·
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,622 mod
    Short answer: yes

Long answer: welcome to SRK, please read the stickies before posting (or necro posting). The what stick should I buy thread should give you all the info on qanba you needed.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137321/what-stick-controller-should-i-buy-read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    ·
  • takumatakuma Joined: Posts: 12
    Short answer: yes

Long answer: welcome to SRK, please read the stickies before posting (or necro posting). The what stick should I buy thread should give you all the info on qanba you needed.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137321/what-stick-controller-should-i-buy-read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting

Almost all! I was specifically asking about the reliability of a website, qanbashop, which I couldn't find any information for in that thread

Anyway, sorry again and thanks for your reply.

·