The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie hates his fans.

Comments

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't know if I should be happy or sad that they're making a Crows Zero 3 without Takashi Miike as director.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    This is one of my more favorite threads, so I gotta give it a bump.

But apparently there is going to be a Bloodsport remake. The focus will be on Vale Tudo in Brazil. The script is being revised now and shooting is set to start the Beginning of next year. Not idea on who has been cast yet.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bloodsport-Remake-Happening-38707.html

Also does anyone have any experience with filming? Me and some of my martial arts buddies were thinking of making a short choreographed fight scene, but really have no idea where to start. I was wondering if any of you guys could give some input on what you feel makes a good fight scene. We are just doing this for fun and just want to see what we can produce. I know angles is a big deal and not trying make it like Taken 2 where there were just quick flashes and that was it.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is one of my more favorite threads, so I gotta give it a bump.

But apparently there is going to be a Bloodsport remake. The focus will be on Vale Tudo in Brazil. The script is being revised now and shooting is set to start the Beginning of next year. Not idea on who has been cast yet.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bloodsport-Remake-Happening-38707.html

Also does anyone have any experience with filming? Me and some of my martial arts buddies were thinking of making a short choreographed fight scene, but really have no idea where to start. I was wondering if any of you guys could give some input on what you feel makes a good fight scene. We are just doing this for fun and just want to see what we can produce. I know angles is a big deal and not trying make it like Taken 2 where there were just quick flashes and that was it.

They should not remake Bloodsprt. Leave a classic a classic. Next thing you know they will be making a live action Baki movie. LOL!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Ninja PhilosopherNinja Philosopher The Claw Of God Joined: Posts: 654
    Well been a long time since I posted on this kind of thread.

I recently watched Undisputed 2 & 3, old I know but I was surprised at how good they actually were. Scott Adkins was legendary for me.
    Otherwise I'm excited for Ip Man 3 and anything good with Jackie Chan. I watched Iron Monkey and Rapid Fire the other day, two great films.

I want to know if Jackie Chan will be awesome in Expendables 3 (if he confirms joining), I know it aint a martial arts films but Jet Li gave it that punch.
    Like a ninja, I sneak and fight.
    Like a philosopher, I speak and write.
    Subscribe to Lymbros. We ain't great but we are working on it. We do comedies, gaming and music though not much content is up yet. Stay tuned.cI play all fighting games and any other. Vega! If you wish to challenge my awesome ninja skills then message me :D XBL: DAKO360 WOLF. Not always me on. USF4: Vega all the way! Sub Decapre, Rolento, Guy, Cody. AM ALSO AVERAGE WITH ALL CHARACTERS; UMvC3: Taskmaster/Ghost Rider/Dormammu.MK9: Reptile/Smoke. SC5: Xiba, Kilik, Natsu, Nightmare, Yoshitinmapants, Ezio and Raphael.SF3TS: Yang Remy Twelve.
    Also play a majority of games.
    As an aspiring actor, writer and musician; I welcome you to ask of my assistance. Do not hesitate to also ask for my wisdom upon chosen characters on any game. Thus if you have nowhere to turn to in times of need, then I am your ally. Now respect your peers. And may they respect you.
    Also I am not sure if this has been posted but the Expendables 3 posters are out and it has Jackie Chan, Steven Segal and Wesley Snipes. I hope they keep the original cast as well so we can maybe see Chan and Li do some tag team fighting.
    expendables-3-jackie-chan-620x918.jpg
    Also here is the trailer for Barrio Brawl. It looks okay. It kind of reminds me of Redbelt a bit, just with more fighting.
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for all the posts, but I finally have time to talk shop a bit, lol.
    Iceman 3D trailer if you haven't seen it.

Ubeatable Trailer.

Wrath of the Vajra trailer.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,370
    Man that Iceman looks so much better then the other preview i saw awhile back...Still though not sure if im feeling a more serious version of this, i always thought Yuen Biao Iceman Cometh had so much charm to it.

Holyshit how many Donnie Yen movies does this guy do in a year...

Also i think i just jizz my pants to that Wrath of Vajra trailer, never heard of it but look awesome!
    Also Keanu Reeves 47 Ronin - Dude still thinks he inside the matrix...

Not sure if I posted this yet. But Tony jaa and his crew just wrapped up on Tom Yum Goong and it is set to release in Thailand in August (not sure the exact date though).
    http://www.budomate.com/tony-jaa-protector/

Bouncer Trailer:

The Monkey King:

No Way as Way:
    Also i got the itch to enhance my martial arts movie collection. Is it worth buying Hong Kong blu ray releases or getting the American release? I am about to start buying mass Blu Ray movies and I am making a list as to what I need.
    Probably the American. You'll get both languages that way and possibly more features.
    Subscribe to Lymbros. We ain't great but we are working on it. We do comedies, gaming and music though not much content is up yet. Stay tuned.cI play all fighting games and any other. Vega! If you wish to challenge my awesome ninja skills then message me :D XBL: DAKO360 WOLF. Not always me on. USF4: Vega all the way! Sub Decapre, Rolento, Guy, Cody. AM ALSO AVERAGE WITH ALL CHARACTERS; UMvC3: Taskmaster/Ghost Rider/Dormammu.MK9: Reptile/Smoke. SC5: Xiba, Kilik, Natsu, Nightmare, Yoshitinmapants, Ezio and Raphael.SF3TS: Yang Remy Twelve.
    As an aspiring actor, writer and musician; I welcome you to ask of my assistance. Do not hesitate to also ask for my wisdom upon chosen characters on any game. Thus if you have nowhere to turn to in times of need, then I am your ally. Now respect your peers. And may they respect you.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ummm...is this another movie where a white guy is a better japanese warrior than the actual japanese?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Roadhouse was great. But no one should try an kill it.
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Get that fake ass Roadhouse outta here :rofl:
    I know right. Like they tried to make a darker Roadhouse.
    Man that has got to be the worse remake of all time...First why would you remake Roadhouse? Also you would think they would put some kind of quote like "I thought you would be bigger" or some shit like that.
    edited July 2013
    Seriously how the fuck do you lose your elephant twice...

Also is that Billy Banks son?
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tyg2 is in 3d....hahahahahahahhahahahahhaha
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    edited July 2013
    lol, my bad
    Post edited by Sexperienced. on
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,103 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Two pages in and dumbasses already posting the same vids with no other content.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    So they are making an Apollo Creed spinoff? Stallone will appear in it as Rocky.
    http://www.cityonfire.com/stallone-to-appear-as-rocky-in-creed-spinoff/

And besides from Bloodsport being remade, there is also a Kickboxer remake in the works. Stephen Fung (Tai Chi Zero) is supposed to be directing it.
    http://www.cityonfire.com/stephen-fung-to-reboot-van-damme’s-kickboxer/
    News on TYG2. It's nice that Jeeja Yanin (Chocolate) is getting a nice sized role in this movie. And RZA has a role as well. You can read the full article here

Also here is the official teaser trailer for TYG2.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,699
    Only three more signatures are needed...
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,560
    Has anyone watched The Rebel? I have it on DVD, but I've never gotten around to watch it.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    The Rebel is... ok.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    The Rebel is... ok.

I'll take that as it's not that spectacular. So far the martial arts films I own are:

Ninja Assassin
    Jet Li's Unleashed, Fearless, anf Fist of Legend
    Spirited Killer
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Jackie Chan Spiritual Kung Fu
    Volcano High
    Kung Fu Dunk
    Shinobi
    The Executioner
    The Rebel
    Chocolate

I need into some Donnie Yen film, though.

"Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."

I just signed it. Apparently I was the last one needed.
    Dramatix wrote: »

You have just done a great thing my good sir.

As far as your list, you may need to get your martial arts movie weight up.
    If you are looking for Donnie Yen, then check out Ip Man and Flashpoint. Chocolate is a good movie. Also not for the story but for the choreography I would suggest Undisputed 3. Marko Zaror and Scott Adkins did really good work together and it was nice seeing crisp choreography. What martial arts movies have you seen or what type are you into (wire fu, realistic, kung fu).

I am actually about to order some Martial arts BR's but I can only order three for the time being. These are what I am looking at:
    The Raid: Redemption
    Marentau
    Ip Man
    TYG1
    Ong Bak1
    Kung Fu Hustle
    13 Assassins

Right now it's looking like Ip Man, TYG 1 and The Raid may get bought.
    Get 13 Assassins, Marentau, & Raid...

I dont think i have any kung fu bluray movies...Are they worth the upgrade from dvd? I think i have like 100+ kung fu movies. Haven't bought movies in a long time.

You have just done a great thing my good sir.

As far as your list, you may need to get your martial arts movie weight up.
    If you are looking for Donnie Yen, then check out Ip Man and Flashpoint. Chocolate is a good movie. Also not for the story but for the choreography I would suggest Undisputed 3. Marko Zaror and Scott Adkins did really good work together and it was nice seeing crisp choreography. What martial arts movies have you seen or what type are you into (wire fu, realistic, kung fu).

I am actually about to order some Martial arts BR's but I can only order three for the time being. These are what I am looking at:
    The Raid: Redemption
    Marentau
    Ip Man
    TYG1
    Ong Bak1
    Kung Fu Hustle
    13 Assassins

Right now it's looking like Ip Man, TYG 1 and The Raid may get bought.

Usually when I go to Arundel Mills, I check out the movie stand by the Dave & Buster's where they show martial arts films. That's where I usually get my movies from as I recall.

I've heard a lot of good things about Ip Man and seen fight scenes of it. It's very good. Flashpoint, I may have seen. It's hard to say what I'm into, but I would say choreography. I love it when a good movie gets me pumped, so I would say realistic. I'm a big fan of cat fights, too.
    The Rebel is... ok.

Interestingly, Dragon (Wu Xia) was waaayyyyy better than what the trailers made it seem to be and it's really good.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    rcaido wrote: »
    Get 13 Assassins, Marentau, & Raid...

I dont think i have any kung fu bluray movies...Are they worth the upgrade from dvd? I think i have like 100+ kung fu movies. Haven't bought movies in a long time.

I like Marentau, but I felt it was a light verson compared to The Raid. I will buy 13 Assassins. As far as Kung Fu movies, I know Enter the Dragon on Blu Ray has mass features and extra content. I would like to get Jackie Chan's Legend of Drunken master even if it's for the ending fight against Ken Lo.

I am also interested in some Wu jing movies as well, not quite sure where to start.

The Rebel is... ok.

Interestingly, Dragon (Wu Xia) was waaayyyyy better than what the trailers made it seem to be and it's really good.

If it wasn't for the lame ass ending, this could have been an all time classic film.

As for Wu Jing a.k.a Jacky Wu movies- my suggestion would be Tai Chi 2, Fatal Contact, & Legendary Assassin. He is the main in those films, pretty much the rest of his films he does supporting cast.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2013
    did some weird watchdog inspired shoot today. its probably gonna end up being 5-10 min thing in the end. reconnected with a stunt friend of mine and met another stunt guy. plan on doing some stuff later down the line, hopefully get some cool projects ive had in my head for a while off the ground. It's my first time working with some stunt guys finally, it was good to know i actually know some things after all these years of being stuck in a dojo lol.

fun sf4 style ultra combo video from the thousand pound guys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UR5wXrak2k4
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    did some weird watchdog inspired shoot today. its probably gonna end up being 5-10 min thing in the end. reconnected with a stunt friend of mine and met another stunt guy. plan on doing some stuff later down the line, hopefully get some cool projects ive had in my head for a while off the ground. It's my first time working with some stunt guys finally, it was good to know i actually know some things after all these years of being stuck in a dojo lol.

I spoke with someone else on here about possibly doing a 5-10 min shoot. I have some ideas as well, but really don't know where to begin as far as shooting fight scenes. It's basically something me and my martial arts buddies want to try out (one does Capoeira, another does TKD and I do Judo). So do you have any advice with shooting your first fight scene?
    maxx wrote: »

I spoke with someone else on here about possibly doing a 5-10 min shoot. I have some ideas as well, but really don't know where to begin as far as shooting fight scenes. It's basically something me and my martial arts buddies want to try out (one does Capoeira, another does TKD and I do Judo). So do you have any advice with shooting your first fight scene?

Ask Sammo, he's the best fight choreographer alive. :)
    Are there any films centered around Aikido if anyone knows of any?
    Are there any films centered around Aikido if anyone knows of any?

The only one i know is Steven Seagal...Check out his early films when he was still skinny like Above the Law.