The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie hates his fans.

Comments

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs an oversized american

ip man vs japan

prob gonna have him fight koreans or sumtin.

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i hate you fuckers...stop posting trash
    ip man

ip man

ip man

OOAz2D7.gif
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

who are the great kickers left in martial arts cinema?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,190
    :one_finger: Jean Claude Van Damme?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

That's a good question. We would really have to break it down scene by scene.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    angelpalm wrote: »
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

That's a good question. We would really have to break it down scene by scene.

i know alot of trickers come from a tkd background. but none of them touch the old school kickers of the 80s. i wonder if their are any pure kickers left.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

Phillip and Simon Rhee?
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,032

This guy:

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,773
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Oops, he's still alive. My bad.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ya'll dudes is turrible.

We are what the spaniards call "El Turrible".
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I havent watched a lot of Martial Arts flicks in recent history. I just watched this one. That final atomic buster. Shit is silly. Im gonna watch Tia Chi Master (Twin Warrios) in just a bit. I really wish there was still the Kung Fu HD channel. I found a lot of good movies watching that shit. What are some more recent movies that are dope? Not the trash you guys been posting but some actual dope movies.

when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,198
    drizzt360 wrote: »
    I havent watched a lot of Martial Arts flicks in recent history. I just watched this one. That final atomic buster. Shit is silly. Im gonna watch Tia Chi Master (Twin Warrios) in just a bit. I really wish there was still the Kung Fu HD channel. I found a lot of good movies watching that shit. What are some more recent movies that are dope? Not the trash you guys been posting but some actual dope movies.

"The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    edited October 2016
    If anyone is interested Vice did a great article on Bruce Lee and Wong Jack Man - http://fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon :tup:

Great read
    However, one of the most interesting postscripts (and there are many) to Bruce’s fight with Wong Jack Man falls to David Chin, the young martial artist who drove the Chinatown crew over to Oakland in late ’64. Despite standing that night with those opposed to Bruce Lee, David Chin is crystal clear on what he regards as the big picture: “The things Bruce was saying back then were true. I disagreed with him at the time, but he was right.”
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,692
    edited October 2016
    Seems I may have been mistaken, the Bruce Lee estate didn't have anything do with the movie's production they are working on something else. Shannon Lee calls the movie a 'Travesty', 'Inaccurate' And 'Insulting' http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/shannon-lee-responds-to-birth-of-dragon.html

Shannon Lee also the bitch that denies Lee was juicing like crazy only to be called out by her new husband so...

crucades wrote: »
    Shannon Lee also the bitch that denies Lee was juicing like crazy only to be called out by her new husband so...

so what? it doesnt take away from anything she said about this movie.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,692
    edited October 2016
    crucades wrote: »

He wasn't juiced like crazy. No doubt he had dabbled in some, he had medical reasons to and hung around a lot of bodybuilders but Lee died in 1972, steroids weren't made illegal till 1979. Had they been illegal he would have more than likely had a medical prescription to take them.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,052
    John Wick looks sick.

That Bruce Lee movie looks cool. *shrug*
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Um why is Justin Beber in John Wick 2?

Lol at them just inserting some fictional white guy into this shit and making the movie actually revolve around him. Reminds me of how mad I was at The Forbidden Kingdom.
    to be honest (not supporting the fim btw) that character... Steve MCKEE? ...seems like a play on the name Steve MCQUEEN...................

Ray Kurzweil
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,317
    Watched Bodyguard a.k.a. Super Bodyguard starring Yue Song...This movie was actually pretty decent, had a very 90s HK action/story feel to it. Im hoping Yue Song stop w/ the directing & writing though, would love to see him w/ Sammo or Yuen Woo Ping choreograph.

Any Blade of Immortal fans? There is a live action of it coming out next year directed by Takashi Miike. I was told Tsui Hark will be on board too.
    rcaido wrote: »
    Watched Bodyguard a.k.a. Super Bodyguard starring Yue Song...This movie was actually pretty decent, had a very 90s HK action/story feel to it. Im hoping Yue Song stop w/ the directing & writing though, would love to see him w/ Sammo or Yuen Woo Ping choreograph.

Any Blade of Immortal fans? There is a live action of it coming out next year directed by Takashi Miike. I was told Tsui Hark will be on board too.

I loved what Takashi Miike did with Crows Zero and Crows Zero 2 so I will definitely check this out.
    C.O.P.A

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,317
    Miike best film IMO is his samurai films. 13 assassin & Harakiri...His Zatoichi one was just average though. As long as he doesn't make it weird like most of his films, im sure this will be great.
    anyone know of any Hokuto no Ken style fight scenes. here's one

Ray Kurzweil
    If anyone finds a good torrent for that super body guard hook a brotha up.

Blade of the immortal look like its gonna be tame as fuck. Japan seriously needs to start letting korea help them out with their live action. Then again Miike did do a good job with 13 assassins but still, that shit isn't blade of the immortal. We need full on crazy death scenes like the manga, and after seeing manji's back I have my doubts, they too busy trying to get that hollywood movie.

420f0dab47c14413410c70f577675bd9.jpg
    lmfaooooo im callin bullshit on that blade of the immortal teaser. imma need like 300 more pints of blood to be believable.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    If manji isn't casually splitting dudes in half what the fuck is the point? I mean the comic has whole scenes centered around these dreadful things like people sawing off limbs and niggas trying to put their legs back on.
    If manji isn't casually splitting dudes in half what the fuck is the point? I mean the comic has whole scenes centered around these dreadful things like people sawing off limbs and niggas trying to put their legs back on.

nigga got cursed worms and shit puttin himself together after a fuckin saw moment lol. damn imma need to find my mangas again. i forgot how fuckin lit this serious was.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,400
    Whatever happened to that kung fu hustle sequel?
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Gonna be seeing Ip Man vs the Galactic Empire tomorrow!
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,731
    ip man plot trope:

ip man vs japan

Ip Man vs TKD. LOL!!!!!

Sub Zero from the MK movie

Also, does everyone remember this scene? It's dope:

The actor that played Quan Chi in that scene supposed to play him again in MK3 the movie...
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 897
    Quan Chi's design is one of the few good character designs that came after Trilogy. He really fit in MK.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "cranberry".
    Man, I want to see this joint! lol!!!

C.O.P.A

ok donnie i see you puttin on dat muscle

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

33w34tz.jpg
    C.O.P.A

33w34tz.jpg

lmfao did casting have a weight limit of 130?? da fuck? eat a burger bitches

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited February 4

lmfao did casting have a weight limit of 130?? da fuck? eat a burger bitches

Normally they throw in the sterotypes, like the big fat jail bitch but they must be sticking with the 10/10s to appease the demographic that will watch this, you know primary school kids.

Edit: going back to Keith Cooke, I watched China Obrien as a kid and its actually really good even today, so I checked out the sequel recently and its a really good watch.

edited February 9
    Sad to tell you AP but Jacky is done lol, he been done for erm good few years now. He basically just cashing in on his legacy kinda in the same way Eddie Murphy died in the 80s yet nobody had the heart to tell him.

Foreigner should be comming out soon, might be decentish. Kinda getting the same vibe I got from Jet Lis Unleashed, which was really good at a time when he was only bringing out trash.

edit: cant find a damn trailer except for english people bitching about the noise.