The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie hates his fans.

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    Say Kung Fu Killer last night, was shit, Yen has that golden ability to turn a seemingly decent movie into dogshit.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    So instead of an old Ip focusing on raising the God Emperor in the ways of Wing Chun, we getting master Hung replaced with a rapist and more of the same. Yea... gonna watch but you can guess what ill think after seeing it lol.

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    So instead of an old Ip focusing on raising the God Emperor in the ways of Wing Chun, we getting master Hung replaced with a rapist and more of the same. Yea... gonna watch but you can guess what ill think after seeing it lol.

I assume something like this?

tumblr_nndzb0xjoj1tsf68ao1_400.gif?w=399&h=221
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846

He still maintains his innocence!
    Yea we all do mate, thats what makes it funny when your sitting in court knowing your fucked.

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846
    Yea we all do mate, thats what makes it funny when your sitting in court knowing your fucked.

He served the time and still to this day he says he is innocent, plus the accuser had previously made a false rape allegation against another man, so there's that.
    Common man who cares, my point isnt hes a rapist, Paul Walker was a well known pedophile but I love the fast n furious movies. Like this is the best they could come up with, Tyson as the arch villain? They couldnt drag my nigga James Lew outta his beach house in Cali for just one more film? That guy would kill Tyson and straight up murder Yen in RL. This is what am pissed at, cheap ass big name villain. This is nothing more than the stupid pro China, fuck all foreign dogs agenda weve been seeing coming outta Beijing since forever now.

That gif I posted is making more and more sense everytime I see crucades post. LMAO!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    Currently watching "Special ID" featuring Donnie Yen on Netflix. Thus far, it's pretty entertaining. The female lead just took down a guy in the middle of the street with joint locks and reversals. Her style's pretty "soft" of course. I still reflect back on the screen when one of the characters just went to town on everyone with a shovel.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dramatix wrote: »
    Currently watching "Special ID" featuring Donnie Yen on Netflix. Thus far, it's pretty entertaining. The female lead just took down a guy in the middle of the street with joint locks and reversals. Her style's pretty "soft" of course. I still reflect back on the screen when one of the characters just went to town on everyone with a shovel.

Kung Fu Killer is on Netflix as well. I would watch it but the way my "chill" setup is
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 622
    https://www.facebook.com/augustman/videos/10153159786561309/

Donnie Yen answers a few questions for AUGUST MAN Magazine, if anyone ever wanted to know why he was never interested in Hollywood, here's his answer.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,024
    What's it called?
    Master of the Flying guillotine

Who interrupts the whole tournament to lop heads off with his signature weapon, DGAF. You are all weak!

There's an inspiration for Dhalsim dude in it vs the "one Armed boxer"
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,024
    http://i.imgur.com/XbmhiZN.gif

16.8 MB gif, worth every Megabyte.

comments pointed out what it was @ imdb & here

http://asianwiki.com/Elite_Yankee_Saburo_(2009-Japan)
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

Just watched Underdog Kids... holy fuck, had to skip parts of the movie. Nobody, not 1 single person in this whole film gives a fuck. Maybe the worst movie ive ever seen, honestly even worst than The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. Like comparable to a high school student making a home made MA flick with Volkan as the lead.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it was obvious it was gonna be bad.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    I wasnt expecting Enter the Dragon, sure as hell was expecting what I saw man. Not even angry just sad. Makes the Karate Kid remake seem like a legit movie damnit.

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,403
    Gimpy wrote: »

good choreography
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Just watched Underdog Kids... holy fuck, had to skip parts of the movie. Nobody, not 1 single person in this whole film gives a fuck. Maybe the worst movie ive ever seen, honestly even worst than The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. Like comparable to a high school student making a home made MA flick with Volkan as the lead.

Judging from the trailer (I think I might have posted it in here) I got this "christian" vibe from it. Was I right about feeling that way?
    C.O.P.A

Meeeeh dunno about that, just really really bad 80s cliche nonsense with extremely poor MA, unfunny side characters, Rhee no showing up in his own film, cameos by uninterested people. Just really shit tbh man didnt feel like any agenda being slid in there it was just piss poor.

i was really excited for this short to be released and now even more excited to hear their is a feature length movie coming out involving these guys. If you like online martial arts shorts, you really owe ken quitugua alot of credit. Him and his team zero gravity in the early 2000s pioneered that shit. Which helped push alot of them into films, this is the same group that lateef crowder got his name from.

the other guy in this is andy le, he's a world class tricker but most importantly a true martial artists whos style is heavily kung fu/wushu. Hes a really dope kid and its awesome to see him getting a real shine like this. even though the short is only 8 min...it def makes you want more and longer scenes imo.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited November 2015
    11217972_963907756988779_4904745624114060483_n.jpg?oh=223920e564a8abe5c6b2407a6d01406d&oe=56C161FA
    12196329_965319020180986_7696494123611686260_n.jpg?oh=04a70e6a67a89327dce11abf2d608585&oe=56BD6490
    11012613_783410771786704_2753315347817557759_n.jpg?oh=a3aab3ab9ef6b847d104f5d3ad8115ce&oe=56F6F952
    12196341_966049536774601_862253552598744173_n.jpg?oh=54eec233eabca829e2a526aad9bb2340&oe=56AEF06A
    12195876_783410785120036_4751151570692641451_n.jpg?oh=ba124f0ca6ce1f48c7736f0f1dce7cf0&oe=56CBADEC
    12195835_10156280967855046_5667002775289124602_n.jpg?oh=6ec779f6817a9b993e45c49bc9cc1795&oe=56C17E0A

This is the last film Darren Shahlavi worked on before he passed away
    Post edited by The Furious One on
    punkass bruce lol

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 622
    Bruce Lee's hand looking weird though.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Great Bruce Lee casting.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,166
    PoXHYbz.png
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    its better to remember badlands premieres sunday

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    武俠派 wrote: »
    Bruce Lee's hand looking weird though.

Looks like a black dude is thumbing his nose for him...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    its better to remember badlands premieres sunday

Shit is going to be epic! Create a thread!

I know, right? It's been so long I forgot about it.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,399
    Is there anything I need to be on the look out?
    I haven't saw a good martial arts flick that lit my ass up since well... Ong Bak (the first one) and Tom-Yum-Goon.

I have Ip Man lined up, but there any others I should be on the lookout for?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Gimpy is that YT you posted some fan made bullshit? Sup dawg?

@Bomberman3000 Ice Man 2 is gonna be epic, the only Donnie Yen movie I can get behind lol.

edited November 2015
    Gimpy is that YT you posted some fan made bullshit? Sup dawg?

@Bomberman3000 Ice Man 2 is gonna be epic, the only Donnie Yen movie I can get behind lol.

No, that's an honest to God real movie. I've seen it talked about on MMA Fighting for a couple of months now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4280822/
    C.O.P.A

Am sure I can get behind it for the Miesha Tate awkward lesbian scene... but yea MMA movies have a stellar track record for being complete ass. Gonna need to pirate this one.

Philip Ng has been official announced as Bruce Lee in the new movie Birth of the Dragon
    Philip_Ng-p1.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/birth-of-the-dragon-philip-ng-bruce-lee-1201641756/
    Philip Ng will portray Bruce Lee in martial arts action movie “Birth of the Dragon,” with shooting commencing Tuesday in Vancouver.

Yu Xia will play Shaolin Master Wong Jack Man and Billy Magnussen will portray martial arts student Steve McKee. Jinging Qu plays the love interest of McKee’s character and Jin Xing will portray a crime boss. George Nolfi is directing from a script by Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen J. Rivele, who have writing credits on “Ali” and “Nixon.”

Groundswell Productions is producing the movie. Variety reported last year that Nolfi had become attached as the director.

The film recreates the mid-1960’s fight between Lee and Wong Jack Man from the point of view of McKee. After the fight, Lee reinvented himself and his style of kung fu. Action sequences will be designed by martial arts choreographer Corey Yuen, whose credits include “Lethal Weapon 4,” “X-Men,” “Romeo Must Die” and “The Expendables.”

Lee began appearing in films in the early 1970s before passing away in 1973. Wong remained silent about the fight for many years and retired from teaching martial arts in 2005 after 45 years.

“’Birth of the Dragon’ is a rare opportunity to make an action film with rich characters based on real events and real people,” Nolfi said. “It’s a story about people from the East and West transcending their differences to work together, which is obviously a very timely story.”

“Birth of the Dragon” is financed by Kylin Films. Producers are Michael London and his producing partner Janice Williams, along with Wilkinson, Rivele and Kylin’s James H. Pang. Leo Shi Young, David Nicksay and Nolfi are executive producers, and Helen Y. Zhong, Jaeson Ma and Joel Viertel are co-producers.

“We’re thrilled to be telling one of the great untold stories in martial arts history, especially at this unique moment when China and Western audiences are opening up to each other as never before,” said London. “To work with a Chinese film company like Kylin on a story that has so much significance in China has been a wonderful collaboration, and, we hope, the first of many.”

Kylin was represented in the financing transaction by Ed Labowitz of Alexander, Lawrence, Frumes & Labowitz, LLP, and Groundswell by David Boyle.

I don't see a resemblance, anyone seen him in action?
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dayum that Tyson punch that whiffed Donnie.... Donnie and the crew crew was like whooooaaaa lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file