The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie hates his fans.

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,465
    Philip Ng... only thing I remember watching was New Police Story and dont remember him from it at all, also Corey Yuen I would go on to argue hasnt done jack shit decent with the white man since the first Transporter movie lol.

Will be interesting to see a trailer but am kinda meh about the whole thing atm.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I love DBZ as much as anyone but lets keep that to it's own thread bro.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So when Donnie retires who you think he's gonna pass the torch to?
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,780
    Well dude is in his early 50s if Jackie Chan is anything to go by (considering all his injuries over his entire career) Donnie wont need to pass the torch till his into his late 60s
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    lol jackie refuses to pass the torch. he likes to cock tease tony jaa. jackie out here using stunt doubles and cgi now....pass the torch nigga.

personally i dont really understand kung fu artists facination to be in front of the camera all the time. its such a big difference from american martial arts movie people. they wanna be on camera til they get enough cred to really sit back and be behind the camera and choreograph. i really wanna see donnie spread his style to other artist. he really developed a whole new style with traditional kung fu and mma/bjj style. i fucking love it. i want more of it done and expanded if possible.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 616
    If anyone hasn't seen it here's a short clip from an interview with Tyson on Ip Man 3: https://www.facebook.com/donnieyen.asia/videos/897891643613398/
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,780
    edited December 2015
    武俠派 wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't seen it here's a short clip from an interview with Tyson on Ip Man 3: https://www.facebook.com/donnieyen.asia/videos/897891643613398/

lol how do we say your username?
    edit: Googled it 'Martial Arts School'
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,702
    From the video:
    "nigga" means "that"
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    New JCVD movie on netflix about a stolen kidney. Is it any good cause I only got 10mins into it before turning that shit off. Ole Van Damme doing his naked butt shots forgetting the nigga is like 60 years old, nobody wanna see this.

• Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,702
    It's also a comic book:

7963297.jpg

dat oppai doe
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited December 2015
    Posting here so I don't have to bump the SFAF thread (Street Fighter Resurrection | Street Fighter Assassin's Fist Thread)
    From the team behind Street Fighter: Assassins Fist comes Street Fighter: Resurrection – A new original series from Machinima. Launching exclusively on go90 in March 2016!
    charlie looks like shit. but since its the assassination team i will give it a chance.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Bit more info http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/07/charlie-nash-returns-in-street-fighter-resurrection-teaser-trailer/
    Machinima and Capcom have announced that producers Jacqueline Quella and Mark Wooding, and writer/director Joey Ansah — the team behind Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist — have returned to deliver Street Fighter: Resurrection, a five-episode, live-action miniseries that sets the stage for February’s highly-anticipated video game Street Fighter V. The sequel series will be Machinima’s first series to air exclusively on go90 when it launches in March 2016.

Set a decade after the events in Assassin’s Fist, Mike Moh and Christian Howard return as Ryu and Ken, with Alain Moussi as iconic Street Fighter character Charlie Nash. He is targeting legendary Street Fighter champions for mysterious reasons and it us up to Ryu and Ken to determine Nash’s plan.
    Wait wtf, what the fuck happened to World Warrior? Getting Alain Moussi on this though is kinda like a big deal since hes the next big white martial arts guy after Adkins failed to bring in the JCVD 80s greatness. Mike Moh better have been hitting the weights btw.

On a whole different topic, Ansah needs to throw some work to Gary Daniels, guy is looking better with age. Also Loren Avedon hasnt killed himself yet, why no love for this guy? Best white kicker in the business. Even if its just mooks for named characters to beat on I wanna see these guys star in something good for at least 40 seconds.

I really wanted Daniels to be Ken's father lol Killeen still did a top notch job. I think you are the first person to bring up Avedon's name in like two decades lol :lol:
    Damn your right, they could actually be related in RL lol. Well, we both know Daniels aint doing no american accent, like ever. He tried that shit in that Firepower flick and set his career back like 10 years.

Actually try and find that movie (some really shitty versions on YT), was pretty legit bad acting aside, Ultimate Warrior was in it as a dude called Swordmaster. Basic premise, 2 cops get sent into the underground fighting scene to capture a bad guy, everybody gets fucked up. Warrior cutting juggalo heads off.

• J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have to check firepower out, it looks so bad it could be good!
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    world warrior i imagine is a bigger project and longer one. based on the shitty look of charlie i imagine capcom made them pause what they were doin to get on this to promote the game. it will probably be on the level of alot of youtube martial arts vids...good action beyond low tier acting.

its funny how this challenger short looks better than the sf vid:

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    They are filming the series at the moment, that was just a promo vid to say looky here, when its all done it will get given a slicker shine to it like SFAF.
    They are filming the series at the moment, that was just a promo vid to say looky here, when its all done it will get given a slicker shine to it like SFAF.

id have just prefered for joey to be in a chair with the cast and explain whats going down as a hype announcement vid rather than showing me something half done. thats what a highschool student does...we're beyond that stage.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    i'd like you to meet my favorite super fighter Angel..

bruh...
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »

id have just prefered for joey to be in a chair with the cast and explain whats going down as a hype announcement vid rather than showing me something half done. thats what a highschool student does...we're beyond that stage.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    Gimpy wrote: »
    You like Firepower? I present to you Superfights! LOL!!!!

I remember seeing this movie on VHS back in the day.

Edit : Did I post this movie already in this thread? Old age is catching up to me if I did. lol!!!

Lol holy shit gonna vodlocker this shit right now!!! This looks terribleriffic!

edit: Oh, man...it has such delicious cheese and great action that you'd swear it was made in the 80's. Thank you, dude. This is right up there with No Retreat, No Surrender.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rhio2k wrote: »

Edit : Did I post this movie already in this thread? Old age is catching up to me if I did. lol!!!

edit: Oh, man...it has such delicious cheese and great action that you'd swear it was made in the 80's. Thank you, dude. This is right up there with No Retreat, No Surrender.

Me and my boy crack up at the theme song. LOL!!! There is also another movie with in the same vein as Superfights called American Shaolin. You will not be disappointed. LOL!!!

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rhio2k wrote: »

Me and my boy crack up at the theme song. LOL!!! There is also another movie with in the same vein as Superfights called American Shaolin. You will not be disappointed. LOL!!!

Yup, Gonna watch this one tonight. From the trailer, this looks like it will hit the spot.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,372
    Those fight scenes actually looks pretty legit/
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    Tyson vs Donnie

This film was released on Christmas eve in the UK, they're showing it in a few places in central London but I don't have that much interest in watching another Ip man film from beginning to end.

As for the only fight scene I was interested in Tyson looked really stiff. That sure as hell wasn't the movement or speed of Tyson even past his prime and I don't think that was down to old age either because in his recent sparring matches and pad work he looks fast. It's obviously a combination of Tyson's inexperience in filming action sequences and Donnies choreography not being as good as it used to be. This fight had so much potential.
    That trailer is basically the whole movie lol, also that choreography shits on most of the crap the have today. Those white boys got some moves.
    Mains:
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looks like ip man was.... saved by the bell
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,122
    Bruce Lee!

SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • KaiSingKaiSing Believe in the Shield! (O_O)> (vO_O) <(O_O) Joined: Posts: 932
    Tyson vs Donnie

This film was released on Christmas eve in the UK, they're showing it in a few places in central London but I don't have that much interest in watching another Ip man film from beginning to end.

As for the only fight scene I was interested in Tyson looked really stiff. That sure as hell wasn't the movement or speed of Tyson even past his prime and I don't think that was down to old age either because in his recent sparring matches and pad work he looks fast. It's obviously a combination of Tyson's inexperience in filming action sequences and Donnies choreography not being as good as it used to be. This fight had so much potential.

A lot of it was done by his stunt double too
    KaiSing aka KillerKai
    www.twitter.com/eliverling
    edited December 2015
    edited December 2015