The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie goes Hollywood

1343536373840»

Comments

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...so we're remaking Bloodsport, are we? Oh, geez.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,823
    You just heard about this? Protip, don't watch the kickboxing reboot btw, it's the visual equivalent of getting ass raped in jail, a jail you were sent too on fabricated charges.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 11
    crucades wrote: »
    You just heard about this? Protip, don't watch the kickboxing reboot btw, it's the visual equivalent of getting ass raped in jail, a jail you were sent too on fabricated charges.

I saw (got bored, vodlockered it)...I don't know what made them think it was a good idea. At some point they had to realize they were strapping wings to a turd. I guess by that point, it was too costly to just drop it, so they finished and hoped they could recoup some money. Directors need to stop trying to cash in on old movies that were done better, and with a more charismatic, believable cast.

Now...Bloodsport remake's premise in this day and age would turn into "Taken" in the first 20 minutes. Think about it: Some guys in HONG KONG are hosting a JAPANESE martial arts tournament to decide the strongest woman in the world (tm)? That has "show up and we'll kidnap your ass into a human trafficking ring so fast your head will spin" written all over it. Nobody with any kind of sense would host a tourney under such sketchy premises if they actually wanted women to show up. Admiral Akbar's spinning so fast in his grave he's causing a damn continent-destroying whirlpool on his home planet.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,928
    Lady Bloodfight looks terrible
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,262
    Painful?

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,321
    Why did nobody tell me Zero and Vergil fought IRL?

Johnny hit him with that MASTODON power.

SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 3
    ive def mentioned it before that dan southworth is actual stuntman. also who fuckim choreographed this?! that fuckin big ass knife shoulda killed him lmfaooooo
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited March 3
    I know Southworth is a stuntman. Bosch still does some fight work, too, he was in Death Grips with Eric Jacobus.

Broken Path is a Koichi Sakamoto joint, and so both Southworth and Bosch worked with him when they were Power Rangers.

Wasted wrote: »
    I know Southworth is a stuntman. Bosch still does some fight work, too, he was in Death Grips with Eric Jacobus.

we all know bosch is making more money than both of them doe. lol. dat weaboo cash comes heavy

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited March 3
    Hey man, I played Yang and Kung Jin, don't need to tell me twice :lol:

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Definitely love seeing Vlad Rimburg and Eric Jacobus's work.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Saw John wick tonight. Loved the world they built.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,823
    rcaido wrote: »
    Just a heads up, Headshot is out.

You seen it? Whats your impressions?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,240
    I've been holding off, going to hopefully watch it this Friday when i do my gaming gathering. I'll give you guys the 411 on it.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 9
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Painful?

Richard Norton is so underrated.

he was a beast in Spartacus.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    edited March 9
    Was looking back at Eric Jacobus' channel and found this:

Jacobus vs Johnny Yong Bosch:

I haven't heard from Thousand Pounds in a while. The last thing I saw from them was that TMNT homage fight scene they did. That was about 2 years ago.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,479
    edited March 10
    maxx wrote: »
    Saw John wick tonight. Loved the world they built.

Yeh they did a really good job setting up the potential for turning this into some epic Fast Furious 8 movie franchise.
    crucades wrote: »
    rcaido wrote: »
    Just a heads up, Headshot is out.

You seen it? Whats your impressions?

Combat wasn't as good as the first movie but it's still well put together.

John Wick 3 the body count will be in the hundreds :lol:

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 902
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    I saw (got bored, vodlockered it)...I don't know what made them think it was a good idea. At some point they had to realize they were strapping wings to a turd. I guess by that point, it was too costly to just drop it, so they finished and hoped they could recoup some money. Directors need to stop trying to cash in on old movies that were done better, and with a more charismatic, believable cast.

I thought Batista and the deadpool chick were moving up, after Deadpool and Guardians of the galaxy. WTF. I know the paycheck couldn't have been that good for that cheapass movie. And don't get me started on JCVD himself.

And the lead character.... what a boring poser! None, absolutely NONE of young JCVD's charisma and on-screen presence. A throwaway actor for a throwaway movie.

Also those flashbacks....WTF. You KNOW a movie is bad when you get confused and can't tell past from present.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 902
    Wasted wrote: »
    Was looking back at Eric Jacobus' channel and found this:

That was pretty good.

There's a sequel.

• Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,384
    Prison Fighters: 5 Rounds to Freedom on Showtime is pretty dope. I feel it tugs more on the feels more so than it talks about Muay Thai, but hey it's good.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    C.O.P.A

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,957
    Anyone see The Assassin? Worth my time?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    lol bisbing knows his time it nearly up. needs his backup plan as british sagat.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Oh snap! It also has Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, and Jeeja Yanina in it! :o
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,928
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Painful?

Excellent display of martial arts skill
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil