Last SG@Evo donation drive, Thursday Jan 31st!

Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the NightJoined: Posts: 2,165
edited February 2013 in Skullgirls
At this point, it's a secret to everybody. Donate to breast cancer and help Skullgirls get into the lineup at Evolution 2013!
Donation link: tinyurl.com/sg-evo
Running totals link: http://shloubfree.free.fr/evo.php

Important info:
- January 31st, starting sometime between 6-8 PM PST (depends on traffic, go LA) and continuing until the CONTEST ENDS, at midnight.
- Streamed on twitch.tv/eightysixed
- Highlights will include: raffling off the Skullgirls Sketchbook signed by all the VAs/me/Alex; more art requests; and me wearing the kilt I promised I'd wear since we were ahead at the end of the last drive! BUT....
- There will again be Surprises with a capital S. Be sure you washed the socks you wore last week.
- So far we have $0 $100 $450 $500 $1000 $1500 pledged for matching donations made during this new drive. (If you'd like to pledge matching funds, which I can hardly believe since we already did this once, PM me or email sgevodonation@gmail.com.)
- The drive will be held at Frootsii in Sherman Oaks...if you come to Salty Cupcakes, COME TO THIS! (Sorry to you dudes that live in Victorville...)

Let's make sure this gets publicized even more everywhere-er than last week's!

Clarifications:
- The SG team counts as "publishers" so unfortunately we can't directly donate, but we can damn sure support the community.
- It might be streamed from my toaster if I can't get ahold of a better laptop again. >.<

**This thread IS NOT for discussion of / whining about the current standings, there's another thread for that...useful comments and info only, please. There is a ban-happy duck standing by to enforce this.**
Post edited by DaRabidDuckie on
I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
·

Comments

• Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545

Lets Paint the Town Pink Gentleman
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,765 mod
    Welp, you can guarantee I'll be tuning in! Can't wait to see what some of these surprises are! XD
    **This thread IS NOT for discussion of / whining about the current standings, there's another thread for that...useful comments and info only, please. There is a ban-happy duck standing by to enforce this.**
    FYI: I'm also bored. :)

edit: Stickied for great justice. Also boobies.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
    Want it to be 31st already. Everything in between is just idle waiting.

Guess in the meantime i will spread the word like a virus
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • renderrender 能ある馬鹿 Joined: Posts: 561
    Will totally be going to this.
    ·
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    I'll see if I can make it again. Still have to leave early like last time though. :|
    ·
  • WingZero626WingZero626 Try to keep up. Joined: Posts: 207
    djunu You better play i bought an extra control for you last time. Well I'll show again mike anything to help.
    Psn: WingZero626
    Salty Cupcakes:WingZero
    ·
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    djunu You better play i bought an extra control for you last time.
    You bought an extra controller for me!? Oh god. You didn't have to go out of your way like that ;A;
    ·
  • WingZero626WingZero626 Try to keep up. Joined: Posts: 207
    Whoopsy sorry brought XD (stupid fingers)
    Psn: WingZero626
    Salty Cupcakes:WingZero
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,338 ✭✭
    I would not mind hurting myself financially for some sick Alex artwork of Cerebella.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
  • Verdant BraveVerdant Brave Joined: Posts: 27
    What many viewers did the last Salty Cupcakes stream get?
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    What many viewers did the last Salty Cupcakes stream get?
    Over 2k.

And there were only two mods: alxreaper and myself.

We were in mod hell.

(It was worth it though!)
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    ~1400 was the highest I saw. Or maybe it was 1700. I forget, I was really tired. :^P

[edit] I guess I am wrong.
    ·
    IIRC we did break 2k.

Or maybe it just felt like it. The chat was in slow mode (30) and it was still hard to follow everything.

I spent my night timing out people who asked for blowjobs and tits when the VAs were reading the chat... needless to say my night was pretty busy.
    ·
  • KidPandaKidPanda PandaParade Joined: Posts: 305
    Ill be there again.
    PSN & XBL: KidPanda14 - SkullGirls (Fortune/ Valentine)
    ·
  • alxreaperalxreaper Yabba! My icing! Gahhhh! Joined: Posts: 88
    could have sworn someone else was also on
    Oregon, USA
    PSN: alxreaper
    Skullgirls: solo peacock / peacock, cerabella
    ·
    could have sworn someone else was also on
    I think at one point there was. Can't remember who it was either.
    ·
    Sanoshi's the only other mod I think. Anyway, you guys don't HAVE to do that, trolls mean success. :^P
    ·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanoshi's the only other mod I think. Anyway, you guys don't HAVE to do that, trolls mean success. :^P

"Trolls Mean Success"

I think Lab Zero just found it's slogan.

EA has "It's in the game"

Interplay had "By Gamers For Gamers"

Lab Zero has "Trolls Mean Success"
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭
    HOW MUCH FOR MARIN STUFF!?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    I'm gonna go with $350 cuz that has nothing to do with SG. :^)
    ·
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    IDK if this counts as useful info. The melee people apparently are also doing a "match your donations" donation drive on stream. However, they said they were going to hold off donating the matching funds until right before the contest deadline. My guess is they are trying to lull us into a false sense of security. So, that's probably worth it to keep in mind.
    ·
  • zferoliezferolie Hello Nurse! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    I donated already, but I'll donate again this donation drive. I'm going to see if i can afford donating a bunch more then I did before.

Also, I am very curious on this artbook and art requests. Is there a place where i can see what this artbook has? I love artbooks.
    ·
  • DiemmeDiemme LORD OF THE GLITCH. Joined: Posts: 301
    If MikeZ gives me the stick I feel I deserve due to that glitch costing me a set, I will totally stream for donations. js
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,338 ✭✭
    Can I get Alex to draw Peacock in Platinum colors?

I would volunteer to mod but I am pretty sure I would indiscriminately ban people like a drive by hits anyone at that particular park they're passing next to.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    If MikeZ gives me the stick I feel I deserve due to that glitch costing me a set, I will totally stream for donations. js
    It's the stick you deserve but not the one you need right now.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    I have a surprise announcement coming up today and also a 2nd surprise for Thursday. Watch this thread, my twitter and facebook...
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
  • RustyShacklefurdRustyShacklefurd Donkey Kong Engineer Joined: Posts: 594
    Alright, now I know I said that if you were gonna show up to any Cupcakes, it was last week.

But that was a lie. SHOW UP THIS WEEK! It's gonna be another crazy evening I'm sure. ALSO should I bring another PS3? Do we have a 3rd monitor?
    PSN: RustyShacklefurd
    Steam: Weatherbee
    ·
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    I have a surprise announcement coming up today and also a 2nd surprise for Thursday. Watch this thread, my twitter and facebook...

Oh god, my mouth is just watering from the word "surprise".
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    ·
  • KristophKristoph sing my lullaby Joined: Posts: 427
    call it the 'betrayal stream'
    ·
    I'm gonna have a heart attack from all these surprises.
    ·
  • AtroxChobatsuAtroxChobatsu Joined: Posts: 2
    I wouldn't miss it for the world!
    ·
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    I love surprises.
    ·
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Wait wait wait... Skullgirls artbooks exist?
    slay this unaligned ant!
    ·
  • pikmintaropikmintaro Joined: Posts: 7
    I will definitely donate again on Thursday since it is a day before my payday, and I really enjoyed the donation drive, I got a link to the video on Facebook, but I didn't expect the voice actresses and Mike Z to be there and everything! I spent almost the entire night watching it.

Also if Mike Z reads these then thanks for answering my question about Peacock's 10th color, my friend thought it was based on that Dodo from Tiny Toons, so I wanted to find out what it actually was.
    ·
    Oh, my bad, I don't art - it's the Skullgirls Sketchbook, which I believe Alex was selling before the game came out (?) and which I brought to Evo the year before it released. I'll see if there are some images, but we showed it on stream last time I think. I'll definitely show it this time. :^)

@MyLifeIsAnRPG - can't lull me into a false sense of security cuz I won't be looking at any total except SG's. Hah.

Peacock's 10th color does look a bit like Dodo, yeah...
    ·
    I would love to stream but I suddenly can't. FFSplit won't start broadcasting, and OSB will randomly stop and skip every frame after that. :(

But I will try to stream more before the drive.
    ·
    Just to point it out, you only have to tell me if you want to match donations. :^)
    ·
  • Teenage Bad GirlTeenage Bad Girl every game is ass Joined: Posts: 37
    THIS DONATION OF MINE BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER
    tumblr_lyolczUiET1qfxf0lo1_500.gif
    IT TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU
    SRK IS An ugly  AND SHITTY WEBSITE

Vote for Stanley
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    THIS MONEY OF MINE BURNS A HOLE THROUGH MY POCKET. IT TELLS ME TO GRASP EVO.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • CellsaiCellsai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 178
    So to get people's saliva glands going about this elusive art book that's being auctioned, here's some snippets from an older version of it.

sgsb3.jpg

sgsb5.jpg

You can see some more pages here: http://www.parkablogs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=233

That page is about an older book, but mentions there's a newer one. I assume the one being auctioned is the more modern draft with more art.

I'm fairly obsessive about dredging up every scrap of SG art I can find and I'd never seen most of this stuff before, so that book is sounding extra delicious!
    Get your wallets ready 'cause I'm coming for ya.
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    Don't know if I should make a separate thread but I was at work all day. My first surprise...

I convinced Fanatiq to do a donation drive TOMORROW (Monday) starting at 12pm until 9pm and I will be down there. We will be doing auctions/raffles/giveaways/signings/maybe special guests... etc

He will learn how to play, be doing commentary on previous matches and I will be showing him my (secret) tactics about the game. So, if you want to also tune in tomorrow and help with donating, please do. This will be on www.twitch.tv/mrfanatiq at 12pm PST
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
    Thats Great News, I heard he liked SG but put off trying to play the game seriously because of focus on Marvel and his Music. This could be great since His Channel is really popular and a Veteran at Donations. I'll Stay tune

Really love his Piano work on Ken Theme
    ·
    That is a fantastic surprise, one that leaves me breathless, gasping for my very life.

If I die, it will be because I'm happy.
    ·
  • wenzelwenzel Joined: Posts: 46
    cant wait to see the stream lets make SG get into Evo 13!
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, but doesn't Fanatiq not have a PS3?
    ·
    Someone could bring one? Danny is gonna be there as well
    ·
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    Oh shit this is sweet! I can't wait to watch this tomorrow!
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone could bring one? Danny is gonna be there as well
    I figure that will happen for the stream. But, if he plans to compete seriously in the game in the near future, he'd need a PS3 since there's been no more talk about the 360 patch.
    ·
    I figure that will happen for the stream. But, if he plans to compete seriously in the game in the near future, he'd need a PS3 since there's been no more talk about the 360 patch.
    Actually there has.

They managed to make a 6MB patch and are waiting to get the OK from MS before submitting it.

The 6MB patch is, or course, the retarded ass backwards way of "I'll lock online mode with this obligatory title update so you will have to then download the actual 400MB patch as a free DLC in the store" that MS is so fond about.
    ·
    Wait, Microsoft has done that before?
    ·
This discussion has been closed.