Last SG@Evo donation drive, Thursday Jan 31st!

Comments

• Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually there has.

They managed to make a 6MB patch and are waiting to get the OK from MS before submitting it.

The 6MB patch is, or course, the retarded ass backwards way of "I'll lock online mode with this obligatory title update so you will have to then download the actual 400MB patch as a free DLC in the store" that MS is so fond about.
    Dang I totally missed that. Good to know there's a solution in sight.
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Wait, Microsoft has done that before?
    See: MK9 Compatibility Pack Fiasco

The reason why PS3 users had to be also subjected to this bullshit is that the game was developed on 360.

OK so this is how it went down. Say you want to play as Skarlet, who was my main.
    1) Buy DLC.
    2) Install DLC.
    3) Go online.
    4) Realize that those who don't have the DLC have to download a free compatibility pack from the store instead of being forced into a title update.
    5) Play others; realize they don't have the pack so you can't play as the character you paid for.
    6) Go to a King of the Hill room; realize that one of the 8 other people does not have the compatibility pack, so you cannot use the character you paid for.
    7) Try campaigning to beg people to go get the free costumes they attached to the packs instead of making them forced.
    8) Spend your life in training mode.
    9) Fail.
    10) Give up on MK9 and play Skullgirls.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    To be fair, the 6MB version doesn't let that happen. When the TU comes out, if we use that version, you won't be able to play online unless you have the DLC.
    Also this is off topic.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    To be fair, the 6MB version doesn't let that happen. When the TU comes out, if we use that version, you won't be able to play online unless you have the DLC.
    And we will love you for it.

Will you be at Fanatiq's donation drive tomorrow?
    I will be if Dan ever responds and tells me where he lives...::ahem::
    Fanatiq!
    Will you be at Fanatiq's donation drive tomorrow?
    I will be if Dan ever responds and tells me where he lives...::ahem::
    AHEM.
  • DiemmeDiemme LORD OF THE GLITCH. Joined: Posts: 301
  • BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab Bison Joined: Posts: 138
    When is the donation drive supposed to end? I thought it was over on the 29th. Does it end with the month?
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    The 31st at 11:59:59 PST
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    That voice mail thing still available?

I am suddenly in dire need of a Fluttershy impersonation.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

I believe so Ask Mike Z more on that before you do anything to be sure
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Possibly DohnutPossibly Dohnut Joined: Posts: 68
    See: MK9 Compatibility Pack Fiasco

The reason why PS3 users had to be also subjected to this bullshit is that the game was developed on 360.

OK so this is how it went down. Say you want to play as Skarlet, who was my main.
    1) Buy DLC.
    2) Install DLC.
    3) Go online.
    4) Realize that those who don't have the DLC have to download a free compatibility pack from the store instead of being forced into a title update.
    5) Play others; realize they don't have the pack so you can't play as the character you paid for.
    6) Go to a King of the Hill room; realize that one of the 8 other people does not have the compatibility pack, so you cannot use the character you paid for.
    7) Try campaigning to beg people to go get the free costumes they attached to the packs instead of making them forced.
    8) Spend your life in training mode.
    9) Fail.
    10) Give up on MK9 and play Skullgirls.
    Surprisingly similar to how I started out, sadly. (except it was Rain for me) Anyway, I'll be watching the stream go down on Thurs. for sure.
    XBL: Dohnut Man Trav
  • QohelethQoheleth Absolute Beginner Joined: Posts: 45

Think it ended along with last Thursday's stream.
    Twenty years from now, fifty, a hundred, nobody will remember what games we played, or who won or lost.
    But that's okay.
    Ain't nothing under the sun that lives forever.
    HebelHebelim on Twitch and PSN
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,747 mod

I believe so Ask Mike Z more on that before you do anything to be sure
    Think it ended along with last Thursday's stream.
    I'd already asked Mike about this the other day, and it did. He said they have a TON of requests to go through, though I'm sure if someone asked nicely enough (read: donated more than $75) that they'd consider it... >.>
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,410 mod
    Unfortunately, since the stream is at his mom and dads house, it looks like its gonna be just us 2 and his family members. :-/

We will probably Skype some voice actresses and they told me special things also to give :-)
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    I'd need more confirmation that that.

Mike Z already gets paid too much.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

$50 voicemail thing is done. It was supposed to be from 9-10PM just that day, but we extended it for the rest of the drive, then I extended it a whole two days because people were slow to get me what they wanted, but the list was finally prepared and sent out yesterday.

Though for $250 I'm sure I could get you one now. :^P
    $50 voicemail thing is done. It was supposed to be from 9-10PM just that day, but we extended it for the rest of the drive, then I extended it a whole two days because people were slow to get me what they wanted, but the list was finally prepared and sent out yesterday.

Though for $250 I'm sure I could get you one now. :^P
    Yo Fanatiq Giving You a shoutout
    Thank you guys so much for yesterday. My goal was to do a sneak attack on the smash community and pass them but they caught wind of the drive (go figure, it spread like wildfire!) and they hopped on and did one as well. When the stream ended, we are now only behind $800 BUT they dropped one of their lifelines of $2,500. I'm not hating on them or anything, just giving you guys the scoop of the current standing. I applaud them for doing what they did to try and keep their game in first place. At the end of the day, BCRF wins with all this money being raised.

So now tune in on Thursday for more fun!

PS
    I know its gonna come up. Yes, its true, Fanatiq's stream got Ddossed when we were counting down for the raffle from the smash community :-/ But I want this subject dropped before it even gets started. We are not gonna fight fire with fire. Just move on and keep donating.
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    Ddossed a Charity Stream? No matter the desire to win thats messed up and lower then sabotaging the Reddit (lol they even had a thread dedicated for that)

Whatever we are more classy then that ^-^

Update Broke 28k~
  • Verdant BraveVerdant Brave Joined: Posts: 27
    Wait, so you know it was the Smash community that DDOS'd the stream? How?

I mean, I know we should let this slide, but that's just extremely immature.
  • MajorMosesMajorMoses Joined: Posts: 42
    PS
    I know its gonna come up. Yes, its true, Fanatiq's stream got Ddossed when we were counting down for the raffle from the smash community :-/ But I want this subject dropped before it even gets started. We are not gonna fight fire with fire. Just move on and keep donating.

If you wanted that subject dropped, you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Nobody was really talking about it anymore. That being said, I don't buy it. Either the fact that it was a DDOS or the fact that it was the Smash community. If it was a DDOS from one person in the Smash community, then we apologize for what that asshole did. But this seems like a pretty wild accusation.

For the record, our stream went down for almost the entirety of the last boss fight for Trihex's Yoshi's Island speedrun (edit: at least I think it was the last boss fight). You don't see us raising a stink about possible DDOS (even after we spend several minutes jokingly suggesting it happened in the chat.)
    lower then sabotaging the Reddit (lol they even had a thread dedicated for that)

Whatever we are more classy then that ^-^

I'm pretty sure you know how to read. It's a thread complaining about how that reddit post made no mention of Skullgirls or EVO or anything. Just a "hey, these LoL voice actors are raising money for breast cancer! Help donate to this link we provided." I could care less what you guys post over there but the original poster was complaining about how you didn't even bother telling them that the money is going towards Skullgirls in a contest. His suggestion was to inform the people in the thread that their money was going to a specific contest and, if they would like to donate to the same cause with any other game, there was the link to do so. The guy who suggested downvotes got the response "You're an asshole."

But hey, I won't deny that we have people who screw up. We're only as classy as you guys after all.
    If you wanted that subject dropped, you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Nobody was really talking about it anymore. That being said, I don't buy it. Either the fact that it was a DDOS or the fact that it was the Smash community. If it was a DDOS from one person in the Smash community, then we apologize for what that asshole did. But this seems like a pretty wild accusation.

For the record, our stream went down for almost the entirety of the last boss fight for Trihex's Yoshi's Island speedrun (edit: at least I think it was the last boss fight). You don't see us raising a stink about possible DDOS (even after we spend several minutes jokingly suggesting it happened in the chat.)

I'm pretty sure you know how to read. It's a thread complaining about how that reddit post made no mention of Skullgirls or EVO or anything. Just a "hey, these LoL voice actors are raising money for breast cancer! Help donate to this link we provided." I could care less what you guys post over there but the original poster was complaining about how you didn't even bother telling them that the money is going towards Skullgirls in a contest. His suggestion was to inform the people in the thread that their money was going to a specific contest and, if they would like to donate to the same cause with any other game, there was the link to do so. The guy who suggested downvotes got the response "You're an asshole."

But hey, I won't deny that we have people who screw up. We're only as classy as you guys after all.
    Thanks for clearing all that up.

Move on...
  • MakrossMakross Average Joe Joined: Posts: 158
    Well you guys could post in another thread on reddit that you were raising money for the breast cancer research with a speedrun, but in the end you choose to do what you did.
    Well you guys could post in another thread on reddit that you were raising money for the breast cancer research with a speedrun, but in the end you choose to do what you did.

Yeah, we could have. But we didn't, and I don't think it was wrong to post about Smash there or inform them what their money was going toward. Oh well.
    Yeah, we could have. But we didn't, and I don't think it was wrong to post about Smash there or inform them what their money was going toward. Oh well.
    Is that our fault that you didn't come up with that idea or you didn't have anyone big enough to promote your smash donation drive? And you wanted us to promote your game on our reddit? Cmon man, you're posting on the wrong forums here. No matter what you post, we have to agree to disagree. I can't expect to go to smashbrothers.com/boards and expect to convince what you guys did was wrong so I don't even bother trying.
    Whatever lets just drop it; they decided to ride on our coattails from Twitter to Reddit when we promote our Donation Drives, good for them if they rather do that *claps

Things stopped being friendly from both sides recently so nothing surprises me
    Is that our fault that you didn't come up with that idea or you didn't have anyone big enough to promote your smash donation drive? And you wanted us to promote your game on our reddit? Cmon man, you're posting on the wrong forums here. No matter what you post, we have to agree to disagree. I can't expect to go to smashbrothers.com/boards and expect to convince what you guys did was wrong so I don't even bother trying.

Yeah... I guess I wasn't clear enough. As a side note, we had a few reddit threads going way before that League of Legends thread under the Smash Bros and Gaming tabs. But no, nothing is your fault and no, we didn't want you to promote our game on your reddit. If you saw any of our reddit threads though, we did acknowledge what the contest was and even mentioned that we were in competition with you guys. But like I said before, I don't really care that you didn't do that. Other people do blah blah not making up the whole community blah blah blah.
    Things stopped being friendly from both sides recently so nothing surprises me

I don't know, I still have a pretty high opinion of those of you who aren't pretending that everyone of us is an asshole.

That said, I hope you'll be willing to shake hands with me once this is over, win or lose.
  • shirzshirz One last gamburu Joined: Posts: 19
    Yeah... I guess I wasn't clear enough. As a side note, we had a few reddit threads going way before that League of Legends thread under the Smash Bros and Gaming tabs. But no, nothing is your fault and no, we didn't want you to promote our game on your reddit. If you saw any of our reddit threads though, we did acknowledge what the contest was and even mentioned that we were in competition with you guys. But like I said before, I don't really care that you didn't do that. Other people do blah blah not making up the whole community blah blah blah.

I don't know, I still have a pretty high opinion of those of you who aren't pretending that everyone of us is an asshole.

That said, I hope you'll be willing to shake hands with me once this is over, win or lose.

There was no need to mention any other donation drives. The only topical one was ours, the one with the LoL voice actors in it.
    There was no need to mention any other donation drives. The only topical one was ours, the one with the LoL voice actors in it.

Okay then. You're right. I'm sorry.

*is done*
    Okay then. You're right. I'm sorry.

*is done*
    Glad you understood why your SSMB guys (not you) were wrong about ruining our reddit.

BTW I hope you know I support what you guys are doing.
    https://twitter.com/MegamanDS/status/296355430840545280
    I love it when stuff resolves itself without me having to come in and nuke shit. Nice job, guys. :tup:

*goes back to work on the "super sekrit project" for Thursday night's Salty Cupcakes*
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    I love it when stuff resolves itself without me having to come in and nuke shit. Nice job, guys. :tup:

*goes back to work on the "super sekrit project" for Thursday night's Salty Cupcakes*
    Tomorrow? We're having it on wednesday this week?
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    Tomorrow? We're having it on wednesday this week?
    I have no idea what you're talking about. [/ninja]

(No, that's not the surprise. It's still Thursday.)

• CellsaiCellsai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 178
    So any consensus on how the auctions are going to work?
    Will everyone interested be just throwing up numbers in the chat, then if they win send on their receipt? Or is it something like they actually have to donate their amount, then send on their receipt to be included in the auction?
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    I think the second would be more valid
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
  • RinzlerRinzler End Of Line Joined: Posts: 38
    Ive never been so flippin hype about the FGC. Its AWESOME to see people rally behind such an awesome cause....I cant wait to get my poster in the mail....its gonna be SICK!!!
  • BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab Bison Joined: Posts: 138
    Ive never been so flippin hype about the FGC. Its AWESOME to see people rally behind such an awesome cause....I cant wait to get my poster in the mail....its gonna be SICK!!!
    Is there any word as to when that'll be? I've got mine pre-ordered, but they don't really give an estimate as to when they'll be released.
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
    If you read the fine print(I feel sad that i have a habit doing that) they will start shipping a month after the deadline passes
    1) The posters from me will ship before the Sanshee ones, hopefully this week.

2) uh. Donate? :^P
  • ArixaArixa Joined: Posts: 5
    1) The posters from me will ship before the Sanshee ones, hopefully this week.

Speaking of donations, how do you plan on auctioning off the signed art book?
  • QohelethQoheleth Absolute Beginner Joined: Posts: 45
    It's okay, Mike. Just 53 more hours and you won't have to shake that cup anymore.
    Twenty years from now, fifty, a hundred, nobody will remember what games we played, or who won or lost.
    But that's okay.
    Ain't nothing under the sun that lives forever.
    HebelHebelim on Twitch and PSN
  • wenzelwenzel Joined: Posts: 41
    Venus Arcade Stick its SO AMAZING!
    Venus Arcade Stick its SO AMAZING!
    How does one actually procure this stick? It is mighty tasty.
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
    How does one actually procure this stick? It is mighty tasty.
    Thanks!

Here's some info on the stick:
    This Thursday night at 7 PST, we make our final push for the Evo 2013 breast cancer research fundraiser on the Salty Cupcakes stream!

The inestimable DaRabidDuckie will be giving the person who donates the most this amazing dual-mod stick, complete with custom artwork by Alex Ahad himself!

• Verdant BraveVerdant Brave Joined: Posts: 27
    Highest donation gets the stick.

Man.

Oh man.

I want it so hard.
  • RinzlerRinzler End Of Line Joined: Posts: 38
    On Thursday we gotta get some casual matches going while we watch the stream!
  • D JonesD Jones Joined: Posts: 22
    I suggest you make the stick a raffle prize, with like a $10 donation fee. I think you would get much more money that way. The whole thing about a raffle is for people to compete for something worth more than they are paying for it, and everyone has an equal chance. With the "highest bidder" idea you kind of alienate people who are thinking of putting up anything less than $100 because they'll know they'll lose.I know I would enter if it was a raffle, but i wouldn't have enough for highest bidder.
    PSN: givehertheDjones

XBL: d jones 2009 call me when patch
  • ubertranceubertrance Joined: Posts: 65
    I would love to donate but I dont have much to spare as Im a broke college kid, Im thinking about getting that 10 dollar Sanshee poster though if that helps any
    I love SG a lot but Im just a lonely 360 player who isnt good.
    Ive been sharing as much as I can to get the word out as its the least I can do for now :\
    SSF4AEv.2012: Akuma, Sakura, and others (only a bit)/3s: Akuma, Chun-Li, Q
    UMvC3: Ryu, Sentinel, Vergil (some others too)
    TTT2: Jun, Asuka, Alisa (only a bit)/SFxT: Xiaoyu/Akuma for now/KoF13: Kula, Mature, King
    Skullgirls: TBD if Xbox ever gets the patch but right now, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
    The inestimable DaRabidDuckie will be giving the person who donates the most this amazing dual-mod stick, complete with custom artwork by Alex Ahad himself!
    Just to clarify as well, is this to the person who donates the most on the night, or over the course of the whole thing?

And before anyone thinks I'm grasping at straws I actually have no interest in owning another stick, regardless of how tasty this is ;D
    I would love to donate but I dont have much to spare as Im a broke college kid, Im thinking about getting that 10 dollar Sanshee poster though if that helps any
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_DqvKpFltBiuVWpS9VRQb8wBSnYR98n_3Z10luYaL60FkRFYc

Seriously though, any donation is a good donation!
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
This discussion has been closed.