Last SG@Evo donation drive, Thursday Jan 31st!

Comments

• SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    I do not want to see all the lice that live in that Jew fro.

I would pay to see you in a tager hat or plat. hat.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    I may stream it from home beforehand.

ANYWAY, just putting this here for future reference why "a small group of people with money to spend" is exactly NOT representative of "which fighting game the community wants at Evo": https://twitter.com/Chindogg21/status/296970826840948736/photo/1
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    ·

ANYWAY, just putting this here for future reference why "a small group of people with money to spend" is exactly NOT representative of "which fighting game the community wants at Evo": https://twitter.com/Chindogg21/status/296970826840948736/photo/1
    Psst.

Hey Mike, I think you may know, but that's fake.

The guy wanted to do that, but the Melee people were like "eat a dick, homie".
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023

It's fake, I wouldn't worry about it. (You can tell because the service fee is supposed to be 1% + $0.30, so this person donated $20 and pasted another number on it.

But the fact that the situation is entirely viable is kinda bullshit. I mean I could drop like $50k for Skullgirls, get a nice refund in my taxes next year and my vote counts as much as 1000 people who donate $5 because they can't do more. Kinda messed up.

And no, I don't have 50k... that's just theoretical lol
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
    Oh, I wasn't saying it's bad that it happened, I was saying that's bad that that kind of thing is possible, yes.

[edit] Since you aren't donating directly TO BCRF, I'm not sure this really counts as a tax writeoff?
    ·
  • DoshingtonDoshington Joined: Posts: 82
    Good luck with the stream Mike! I'm looking forward to it. No matter what happens, I'm sure it'll be an event we won't forget.
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Oh, I wasn't saying it's bad that it happened, I was saying that's bad that that kind of thing is possible, yes.

[edit] Since you aren't donating directly TO BCRF, I'm not sure this really counts as a tax writeoff?
    I'm pretty sure you can. After all, you only need proof if you're audited, and if you are you have a confirmation e-mail and the drive links do state that all proceeds go to BCRF.

From what I can see here:
    http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/a/CharityDonation.htm

If BCRF is eligible, you can itemize your donations using the confirmation e-mails and claim them. But I'm not sure now. lol

edit: Hmm. Interesting to note is that if you're claiming more than $250 you require a letter acknowledging your donation. Better get on that, high rollers.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
    Good luck with the stream Mike! I'm looking forward to it. No matter what happens, I'm sure it'll be an event we won't forget.
    NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY! (^.^)
    ·
    I wish I got it in time for my 1080 this year.
    ·
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    I'll be in training mode until the stream.

I just pre-ordered that awesome poster ^_^
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
    I cut hanging out and a date short for this.

We better deliver.
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    I cut hanging out and a date short for this.

We better deliver.
    Ummm, priorities?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    ·
    Ummm, priorities?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    I have friends and a girlfriend, I'm doing okay.

Then again if any of the above see this post, I'm going to get laughed at/bitch smacked.

So keep this on the DL.
    Spoiler:

Okay, how do I give this to Mike Z for the not raffle, or does this not count?

EDIT:And I just find out I needed to donate 15 to get in, I would have just donated, not bought the poster.
    ·
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    WELCOME TO THE JAM
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    I had power loss and just turned in. Are voicemails still the thing? Where I submit for ruffles?
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    ·
    Yeah, it's the same e-mail but make sure they are separate and titled appropriately.

·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Yeah, it's the same e-mail but make sure they are separate and titled appropriately.
    which one?
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    ·
  • zferoliezferolie Hello Nurse! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    Aw, I am trying to get Myrine and Peacock and Marie before they got changed from Alex, but I can't get heard in the chat :( I am going to donate 50 more fore those 2 sketches
    ·
  • QohelethQoheleth Absolute Beginner Joined: Posts: 45
    Aw, I am trying to get Myrine and Peacock and Marie before they got changed from Alex, but I can't get heard in the chat :( I am going to donate 50 more fore those 2 sketches
    I think your best chance is to send proof with your request to sgevodonation@gmail.com, and put something like "ART REQUEST" in the title so that they know what you're asking for.
    Twenty years from now, fifty, a hundred, nobody will remember what games we played, or who won or lost.
    But that's okay.
    Ain't nothing under the sun that lives forever.
    HebelHebelim on Twitch and PSN
    ·
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    GET OUT OF MY BREASTS! Classic.
    ·
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    I have friends and a girlfriend, I'm doing okay.

Then again if any of the above see this post, I'm going to get laughed at/bitch smacked.

So keep this on the DL.
    Spoiler:

Okay, how do I give this to Mike Z for the not raffle, or does this not count?

EDIT:And I just find out I needed to donate 15 to get in, I would have just donated, not bought the poster.
    Same here dude
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
  • Siegmeyer's ShieldSiegmeyer's Shield Joined: Posts: 14
    This donation drive's just like having a baby: You've just gotta PUSH!

Not really.
    ·
    I think your best chance is to send proof with your request to sgevodonation@gmail.com, and put something like "ART REQUEST" in the title so that they know what you're asking for.

OK, I donated another 100 bucks for those 2 drawings and a chance into the raffle. I made sure to put both of those in the title of the e-mail.
    ·

We're at the heavy damage phase, guys.

Considering matching donations haven't been put in yet, I think this can happen.

Sorry to use ST music, but goddamn it's so good, I wish heavy damage music came back in a game with good music.

Micihiru Yamane, what's good?
    ·
    OK, I donated another 100 bucks for those 2 drawings and a chance into the raffle. I made sure to put both of those in the title of the e-mail.
    Mike actually requested that proof for separate rewards be sent in separate emails - makes it easier to sort and categorize the entries.

Although if you already sent it in it may be too late for that.
    Twenty years from now, fifty, a hundred, nobody will remember what games we played, or who won or lost.
    But that's okay.
    ·
    Why hasn't the matching donations haven't been put in it? isn't this cutting it close?
    ·
    Micihiru Yamane, what's good?
    ·
    Mike actually requested that proof for separate rewards be sent in separate emails - makes it easier to sort and categorize the entries.

Although if you already sent it in it may be too late for that.

Oh... gah I missed that. I just thought it would be easier in 1 donation, at least on my card. it sometimes doesn't like multiple quick online transactions. Hope they will still take my donation request...
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    ggwp all
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    Why hasn't the matching donations haven't been put in it? isn't this cutting it close?
    Only if the pledges aren't staying up and waiting to submit.
    But that's okay.
    ·
    Only if the pledges aren't staying up and waiting to submit.

Ah ok. I wonder if all those matching donations will give us 20,000 bucks.
    ·
    Don't forget about the poster/ t-shirt sales.

·
  • CellsaiCellsai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 178
    Don't forget about the poster/ t-shirt sales.
    I hope they stop the story playthroughs and really focus on hardcore donation scrounging after this Ms. Fortune one.
    Launch party erry day
    Cellsai.deviantART.com
    ·
  • EaodeEaode Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey everyone.

I just came here all the way through the melee community to say that, whoever wins the donation drive to be at EVO, it was a good game and a pleasure to race you guys to donate for two good causes :D
    ·
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    Just donated $20. LET'S GO SKULLGIRLS!
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    ·
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    I love you guys, we did our best!
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    SQUIGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    ·
    Nearly 40,000 dollars in one day. Holy shit, you guys are awesome.
    ·
    A couple of weeks?

Speculation time?

Xbox patch, Squigs coming out on ps3 for now while xbox patch is handled?

So many questions.
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Squigs! <3

I wish I took a screen shot.

This relieves all my sadness of not making EVO.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • Phillies64Phillies64 Insert Title Here Joined: Posts: 129
    That was awesome. Well done, everyone. 78k. Amazing.
    ·
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭
    LOL melee takes it
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!

Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    Congratulations to the Smash community.

Really, I'm not even mad. In total, we raised over TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for Breast Cancer Research! Together, our two communities raised $172k ourselves. Seriously, pat yourselves on the back!
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GGs Melee.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
  • DuckatorDuckator New Member Joined: Posts: 31
    qBY6u7v.jpg
    ·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Need to get mike z's speech to youtube asap
    ·
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 611 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say commis...

...no, not commiserations. CONGRATULATIONS!

What you all did was amazing. Take a bow.

And Mike - a gentleman to the end.
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Mike Z's speech was great, nothing but respect.

Skullgirls fought tooth and nail, it proved it has strong community support, and made a lot of money to save boobs, that's all that matters in the end.

Well done everyone.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 298
    Great stuff everyone. Great speech by Mike afterwards too. Let's keep this spirit up for the good of Skullgirls!
    There is no knowledge that is not power
    ·
  • AerodynOmyxAerodynOmyx PSN: nch2112 I'm insane and I like to laugh. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    Yeah considering how much bigger the Smash community is you guys donated way more than enough to make a statement for Skullgirls and give it some well-deserved attention.
    Lemme Google myself in yo office!
    ·
This discussion has been closed.