2013 The year of the arcade stick

AwesomeFantasticAwesomeFantastic Joined: Posts: 25
So I came late to Umvc3 actually missed the drop of the game entirely, but I am here now. I was a avid arcade player a decade ago getting my but kicked in games like x men vs street fighter and marvel vs capcom 1 & 2. The arcade scene unfortunately died in my town and I was forced to turn to consoles for my beloved fighting games. For 10 long years I played on this soulless controller pad, but no more for as of last Friday I now play on a arcade stick. It was like Christmas when the Ups guy showed up with the box that undoubtedly held my new arcade stick, no on second thought it was better then Christmas I loved it before I even opened the box and love it even more after practicing on it for two days. I find that interesting that practicing moves and combos on my arcade stick is as much fun as actually playing the game on pad, maybe more fun. Maybe people can't understand, but to me this is a really epic thing and I wanted to have a memory of that epicness so I made this video/slideshow
to try to capture the moment its my first shot at anything like it and the footage is from a cell phone so please excuse the quality.
"My common sense is tingling"
·

Comments

• AwesomeFantasticAwesomeFantastic Joined: Posts: 25
    So if you're new to arcade stick and wants to share your story, or you're a pro and can give some great insight or tips, or just want to converse please by all means leave a reply.
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticks are cool. Practice up.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, an Eightarc.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
    ·
    Sticks are cool. Practice up.
    Yeah I am strictly playing this game only in training mode right now input display on reps of qcfs and srks from both sides of the screen and basic magic series combos several times a day
    ·
    Nice, an Eightarc.
    I love it so much its huge and i am a big guy so that just makes it properly sized.
    ·
  • axi0maxi0m I am the only God. Joined: Posts: 367
    I love my Eightarc.
    UMvC3: Vergil/DOOOOM/Wesker
    AE: Akuma/Juri (Currently playing around with E. Ryu and Oni though)
    MvC2: Strider/Thanos/Jin (NAKED SATELLITE BUBBLE PARTIES!)
    ·
    I love my Eightarc.
    which one did you get?
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You rich people with your eightarcs
    I still use a 1 button stick because I can't afford 8 or even 6 buttons
    it conveniently works with footdive
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭
    I use a modded SE I got whenever SEs came out. Replaced the stick twice I think, and the buttons once. Still has default SF4 art, except I put stickers all over it because stickers are awesome, and the default plastic art thing has peeled off below the buttons where my hand sits, and I think it's dirty from my hand sitting on that spot or rusty. It dies every once in a while, but I can open it up, look at it, and it starts working again for some reason.

Be jelly.
    ·
  • ciddypoociddypoo Block. Just block. Joined: Posts: 31
    I have a boatload of JLFs, but since I've been getting back into shmups again, I'm investing in a Seimitsu for the first time.

So the excitement I'll have after I install it will probably be something similar to the OP's. ;p
    Skullgirls: Filia (MP Updo)/ Parasoul (HK Napalm Strike)/ Double (HK Hornet Bomber)
    UMVC3: (Zero-B, Dante-B, Magneto-A) / (Wesker-B, Doom-A, Phoenix-B)
    Anime & Gaming Blog
    ·
    Hey you could map it to heavy and run hulk and vergil mash St H mash gamma charge mash helmbreaker mash rapid slash etc etc
    ·
    also not rich at all used some of my living expense money from school so probably will be eating ramen at end of semester
    ·
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    I have a boatload of JLFs, but since I've been getting back into shmups again, I'm investing in a Seimitsu for the first time.

So the excitement I'll have after I install it will probably be something similar to the OP's. ;p

whats the dif between a Seimitsu and Sanwa stick? The buttons I know as I have seimitsu buttons on my TE stick, but what of the stick/restrictor
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
    ·
  • ClawwwClawww Joined: Posts: 273
    also not rich at all used some of my living expense money from school so probably will be eating ramen at end of semester
    thats the spirit

starvation combos
    ·
    its worth it every day I play on my eightarc and every day I love it more and am gradually getting better and better execution of specials and combos its cool I like ramen
    ·
  • ciddypoociddypoo Block. Just block. Joined: Posts: 31
    whats the dif between a Seimitsu and Sanwa stick? The buttons I know as I have seimitsu buttons on my TE stick, but what of the stick/restrictor
    Well, there's a bunch of differences, but the simple reason is that in general, Seimitsus have a shorter throw range, so it takes less force to actually have the stick register your inputs. It's more important for twitchy stuff that requires quick taps or precise movements like shootemups, platformers, etc.

Sanwas have a smoother feel, which is why they're more generally favored for fighters.

It's all preference, though. There's no reason you can't use either of them and do well. I just want the Seimitsu cause I'm failing in shmups cause the throw on my Sanwas is making it hard to move quickly and minutely.
    Skullgirls: Filia (MP Updo)/ Parasoul (HK Napalm Strike)/ Double (HK Hornet Bomber)
    UMVC3: (Zero-B, Dante-B, Magneto-A) / (Wesker-B, Doom-A, Phoenix-B)
    Anime & Gaming Blog
    ·
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭✭
    nice, now get the VLX
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    ·
  • axi0maxi0m I am the only God. Joined: Posts: 367
    which one did you get?

The Fusion Sapphire. Then swapped the buttons out for Sanwa OBSC-30 and a Paradise Blue bubble top from paradise arcade. (The Sapphire originally came with Seimitsu parts)

mF3oVOj.jpg
    UMvC3: Vergil/DOOOOM/Wesker
    AE: Akuma/Juri (Currently playing around with E. Ryu and Oni though)
    MvC2: Strider/Thanos/Jin (NAKED SATELLITE BUBBLE PARTIES!)
    ·
    nice
    ·