Reach for the Skies! Skullgirls Donation Bounty Thread

Comments

• d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,688 mod
    Bro I might be taking your posts the wrong way but this whole thread is really to get people more excited about donating. Seeing the artwork and dedication from the artists and what not hopefully shows how passionate people are about this...Im pretty sure were all here because we want skullgirls at EVO. But being pumped about donating and/or maybe helping those people on the borderline of donating finally take the plunge makes this worth it.

Like I said I might be reading your posts a bit too serious and if I am i apologize for it!!
    But the question is, if whatever you asked for doesn't get done, what do you do with the money?

IMO, you should still donate that money whether or not the stuff gets done.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Hope this isn't too late. Wanted to spend more time on it but the donation shit is ending pretty soon.

Enjoy.

The Moe Photon Array. :D
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
  • Misty-SkyeMisty-Skye Joined: Posts: 22
    Wow the art that has come out of this thread is ridiculous! I know what community to seek for extremely talented artists. I got some new bounties you guys can compete for in the last day

BOUNTY: Profile avatar SRK/Twitch
    Looking to get Platinum playing on an arcade stick somewhat similar to this
    (https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2852433864/8a59aa2bd6bc49d1a9ba48212dcad547.jpeg)

blue color platelet! 03 (http://i.imgur.com/9NNjT.jpg)
    Facial expression is up to the artist
    try to fill the picture, white backgrounds are boring
    try to make the stick resemble my eightarc and here's what my button layout and new balltop will look like http://i.imgur.com/LUqp3Ay.jpg
    must be drawn and fully colored

must be done before feb 1st!!

REWARD:
    first 5 people to make reasonable efforts 10$
    the one I decide to use will gain $30
    total:$80

BOUNTY: Stream offline page
    alright here's a different request have fun :)

I want to see human form teddie/kuma/alice whatever you want to call him crossplaying as platinum (platelet 03)
    Facial expression is up to the artist but remember, you will see this when "streams offline" whatever kind of reaction that would spark

reference http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb63egCQCD1qd61suo1_500.jpg
    according to google the size is 600x600 otherwise the image gets cropped :(

REWARD:

my offer for the twitch background still stands I don't have much more to give away so the offer will remain at $30 sorry :(
    I think this is the template on page 1? http://support.twitch.tv/discussion/30/twitchtv-background-template/p1

time for bed can't wait to see what we get out of this tomarrow!

oh boy... differentiating teddie from plat will be interesting.
    ·
  • RinzlerRinzler End Of Line Joined: Posts: 38
    But the question is, if whatever you asked for doesn't get done, what do you do with the money?

I feel you on that but thats up to user discretion. *shrugs* We can only put our best foot forward in hopes that people will bite!!
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod

They probably will, but I still think this is a really fun way to go about getting some donations. I've enjoyed the work that's come out of this thread so far. I mean really... that comic with Cerebella trying to drink Tea was just awesome.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • DarkBlade77DarkBlade77 Joined: Posts: 203
    This thread has raised $405 so far, and probably more pending a few reciepts being posted. If we can get to the point where we're responsible for $1k, I'd consider that just flat-out amazing.
    ·
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish i had known or this thread existed at the start of the drive, I love the idea and they are fun to do.

But art (at least for me) takes time. Would have loved to contribute more ;__;
    Roll one up homie.
    My artblog - http://negaduckduckgoose.blogspot.com/
    ·
    I wish I'd gone ahead with it earlier, myself. Hindsight is 20/20, like they say.
    ·
  • VayDemonaVayDemona Joined: Posts: 7

I want to see human form teddie/kuma/alice whatever you want to call him crossplaying as platinum (platelet 03)
    Facial expression is up to the artist but remember, you will see this when "streams offline" whatever kind of reaction that would spark

REWARD:

I'll work on this because I love Persona 4 ♥
    ·
    They probably will, but I still think this is a really fun way to go about getting some donations. I've enjoyed the work that's come out of this thread so far. I mean really... that comic with Cerebella trying to drink Tea was just awesome.

And I really liked the Sketch of Cerebella that was done for me!!
    ·
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, I am totally down for art requests even after this thing ends. I need to continue to level up my art game
    Roll one up homie.
    My artblog - http://negaduckduckgoose.blogspot.com/
    ·

Bounty: Draw Sentinel from the chest up idle and all Sentinel like with Roll standing on his shoulder pointing forward with a happy excited look.

Reward: $25 donated

sentroll.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had her sitting instead though... .-.
    ·
    I'm on the edge of my seat with 3 spare pairs of socks.

Yeah? I hope that's enough!

FOUsVd6.jpg

PM me with your email and I'll forward the native res version to you, which is apparently huge like 12-megabytes-huge.
    ·

REWARD:

Have rough of this done, but i gotta go to bed. please save me a spot!

preview:
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    I had her sitting instead though... .-.

Not a big deal, looks awesome!
    PM me with your email and I'll forward the native res version to you, which is apparently huge like 12-megabytes-huge.

Phenomenal, I love it. Give the artist my thanks!

Also when you send it would you mind if I got also got a version with just the line art and no colors/ logo? Assuming they're all on a separate layers of course.

That's $205 dollars so far for this next donation.

But the bounty hunters better step up their game with the ST menace on the rise, haha.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

·

REWARD:

Ok here it is!
    nntkip.jpg
    I got a little obsessed drawing this one, because I love Teddie so much (。・ω・。)ノ♡
    He is the perfect trap
    ·
    Ok here it is!
    nntkip.jpg
    I got a little obsessed drawing this one, because I love Teddie so much (。・ω・。)ノ♡
    He is the perfect trap

that's pretty much how I see it too o.o the picture as a whole.
    ·
    Im a man of my word.....
    manofmyword.jpg
    ·
  • KorbidonKorbidon For justice. Joined: Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with all the Platinum the Trinity requests? :-/

That Cerrabella comic is beautiful, by the way.
    ·
  • 2Chep2Chep She's Clawwwwsome. Joined: Posts: 189
    Platinum is awesome is why.
    "We got Chilldog using dat ACME tech, putting 'im in da Looney Toons blockstrings" Oh god yes.

SG - Filia/Fortune/Parasoul
    ·
    Here's an update on the prizes we'll be giving out:

As I mentioned before, one of the artists who will be working on one of the the first place sticks wanted to do that $150 commission.

http://ravvlet.deviantart.com/

She'll also be working on the poster artwork for the 2nd-place winners! For the commission, she was assisted by

http://adomiel.deviantart.com/

, who will be doing the artwork for the other 1st-place stick! Furthermore, these prize commissions are being done gratis!

Please check out their dA pages and share your appreciation, everyone. :)

For the digital art going to the 3rd place winners, our own Misty-Skye in this thread will be doing them! As soon as I find out if she has a site she wants me to plug, I'll be adding all of this information to the OP as well.

I just ordered the second PS360+ PCB and cables this morning. There are tons of requests out there and SG is trailing behind, so get to work and finish strong, everyone!
    ·
    Come ooon! I want to draw more Skullgirls stuff!! \( TДT)/

Bounty: Draw Peacock is a three way gun fight with Fox McCloud with his blaster and a Tiger Shotting Sagat.

Reward: $50 donated

Bounty: Draw Filia with normal hair and Samson as her extravagant handle bar mustache.

·
    Ugh I want the filia one but I'm at work.

Can I get a claim on it though?
    ·
    Ugh I want the filia one but I'm at work.

Can I get a claim on it though?
    It is all yours.

·
    Yesss I can probably come up with it on my lunch break!
    ·
  • MakrossMakross Average Joe Joined: Posts: 158
    The 3-way gunfight sounds good. I'll give it a try.
    ·
    I'll ask one more time: Is there any interest in extending the bounty completion deadline to Friday @midnight CST?

Basically you don't post bounties after Thursday(since you should have donated by then!) but give people who are finishing the work on your bounty an extra day to do your requests.
    ·
  • FychanFychan Joined: Posts: 6
    (https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2852433864/8a59aa2bd6bc49d1a9ba48212dcad547.jpeg)

Since no one was biting this one I gave it a try :3
    Spoiler:
    I'll ask one more time: Is there any interest in extending the bounty completion deadline to Friday @midnight CST?
    The deal I did with Nel was that I'm going to complete the art for his stick after the drive is over, since high res art takes time... Even then I'm probably not going to finish it by friday, since it'll take at least a week
    I don't mind if this disqualifies me as a bounty hunter, since I'd rather not rush on this art
    ·

Basically you don't post bounties after Thursday(since you should have donated by then!) but give people who are finishing the work on your bounty an extra day to do your requests.

As long as they claim what they want to do before I submit my donation they can take as long as they need.

·
    Fox, prepare an extra pair of socks for the gunfight drawing.
    ·
    Yeah... I think my hands are tied on that one unless everyone is down with letting the lengthy requests get the time they need to wrap up.

I don't personally mind if that happens, but I will stipulate that as with your request and the dog drawing request, the donated money has to be in by the time the donation drive ends tonight.
    ·
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    thanks for the art everyone as promised here's my final donation
    Spoiler:

just went ahead and donated for everything I stated
    the art I got out of this thread is WAY beyond anything I was expecting

I hope to see the other guy's get there bounties claimed too love seeing all the art!

there is one more thing I want though: SKULLGIRLS for evo
    "you clap for THAT?"
    ·
  • BillyBonesBillyBones Joined: Posts: 53
    Alright, time to give the non-artistically inclined a chance in this one. Let's do some TRIVIA Bounties!

$10 a question. Credit goes to the first person to message me with the correct answer. I'll update with the correct answers and who won each. Let's do these in batches of 5. Starting with some WC questions:
    1. This glowstick enthusiast won ST and CvS2 in the same year. Name the player and who he beat to win CvS2 in what some consider the greatest evo match of all time. [never claimed. answer: John Choi who defeated BAS the cvs2 god.]]
    2. Rumored to be a former hairdresser, this individual was a staple of the WC scene, hates white boys, and was famous for throwing people in the fountain. [answer: Jaha winner: jmcrofts]
    3. Amir "Bobby Blake" XL is an amazing 3rd strike Chun player. But, one can't help but wonder what could have been if his CvS2 career wasn't ended by this player in a dramatic blowup. Name the player and the character used in this famous ocv. [never claimed. answer: Daigo Umehara sent him home to be a family man with some amazing guile play.]
    4. This living legend won ST @ Evo two years in a row in counter picking showdowns. Name the player and his favorite ultra in SSF4AE. [never claimed. answer: the one, the only Jason "AfroCole" Cole. 09ers know him for his dirty U2 dhalsim which recently brought down daigo.]
    5. Some call him 6 blowjobs, others know him as the women's tennis enthusiast with no eyebrows. This individual was introduced to the world at large when he locked another man in a bathroom. Name the locker and the lockee and provide a theory as to what happened to each.
    [winner: jmcrofts: answer: "yo man #5 is easy mode. John D Rockefeller locked Dogface in the bathroom. As for their current whereabouts, Rockefeller got a job as Buck Angel's pre-shoot fluffer, and Dogface died in a XMvSF-related mishap. They say Dogface beat God FT10, and was thus admitted to heaven."]
    ·

try to make the stick resemble my eightarc and here's what my button layout and new balltop will look like http://i.imgur.com/LUqp3Ay.jpg

REWARD:
    Here is !
    dvmtte.jpg
    ·

Bounty: Draw Filia with normal hair and Samson as her extravagant handle bar mustache.

filiastache.jpg

Got it! The slowness of shoryuken is upsetting me
    ·
  • AerodynOmyxAerodynOmyx PSN: nch2112 I'm insane and I like to laugh. Joined: Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    Guys this artwork is really cool!
    Lemme Google myself in yo office!
    ·
    Yeah, the forum is acting as an asshole lately.

DISCLAIMER: Since we're so close to the end of the donation drive, I'll post the gunfight "Unfinished". Just the sketch and the design. I'll do it properly with more time later.

Here I go:
    Spoiler:
    ·
    Awesome!

OK, since SRK is likely only going to get worse through the night, I'm going to go ahead and extend the deadline for completed Bounties to Friday. 12PM CST, like I mentioned earlier.

You're free to donate in advance for a bounty that's claimed, yet hasn't finished for tonight. No new bounties will count towards the prizes after the donation drive ends tonight; just ones in progress that have already been donated for.
    ·
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    oh god I don't know which profile pic to use haha both are awesome fychan and vay
    "you clap for THAT?"
    ·
    Dear lord that mustache.

Dear lord that comic.

Really awesome work guys!

DonationFinale_zps6584fc32.png

Owed $280 for the claimed bounties but I made my last donation an even $300.

Here is hoping for the best.

·
    oh god I don't know which profile pic to use haha both are awesome fychan and vay
    You can use one on twitch and the other here
    Use Vay's on your favorite place because hers is waaay cuter

Makross also went all out on that request huh, the comic is looking really awesome!!
    It's kinda sad we only have today left, this was really fun. I'm going to try to fulfill some unclaimed bountys which have been paid for later ^^
    ·
    Wow the art that has come out of this thread is ridiculous! I know what community to seek for extremely talented artists. I got some new bounties you guys can compete for in the last day

REWARD:

platstick.jpg

went with this one instead
    ·
    Well, it looks like SRK is going to be borked for the rest of the night so more trivia isn't going to work well. Guess you guys are just going to have to keep drawing canines.
    Final bounty:
    For $250. Same two dogs are the focus. I'd like the Cattle dog to be guile, but I understand the hair can be rough so I will also accept Sagat (PS the Sagat cattle dog I got was ridiculously cute and works with his natural eye patch.) The border collie should be Chun. The scene is that they have just defeated Bison and Akuma (or two other boss characters, I'm not really picky on that) who are a cows, sheep, or . Livestock Bison and Akuma are fleeing on bicycles/golf cart or both. Again, cuteness valued above all else. Misty-skye really nailed that balance. I'm looking for color and detail, I've already got a stick bottom or a spot on the wall picked out depending on how good it comes out.

I understand that takes time, so a promise to perform is good enough for me to throw the money in.

Pictures for reference:

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, be the guy or girl who closed the gap on smash and brought the thread total over 1k. Oh, and there are prizes too.
    ·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Well, it looks like SRK is going to be borked for the rest of the night so more trivia isn't going to work well. Guess you guys are just going to have to keep drawing canines.

Since you mentioned it in the chat (I can't believe I actually caught that):
    I can claim that - I still got Nel's stick art on my hands, but I can work on yours in the off-time / during college... But animals aren't my forte. So it's up to you if you think it's enough :X
    (I have a friend at college which does the cutest dogs though, so she can't teach me maybe?)
    ·
    Since you mentioned it in the chat (I can't believe I actually caught that):
    I can claim that - I still got Nel's stick art on my hands, but I can work on yours in the off-time / during college... But animals aren't my forte. So it's up to you if you think it's enough :X
    (I have a friend at college which does the cutest dogs though, so she can't teach me maybe?)

No rush. I have no problem with her helping you or doing part of it.

Oh, and here's this thing:
    Spoiler:
    ·
    We didn't win, but GG guys! Thanks for everything, it was a really fun ride - both the bountys and the drives.

Hopefully I'll be able to play more with you guys when the PC version gets released, I'll be sure to put in some training until then!
    ·
  • SeartuSeartu Wavedashin' Joined: Posts: 5
    Good job guys. You were amazing adversaries.

<3,

Melee
    ·
    If this thread has shown us anything it is that someone needs to get a Platinum color pallet in the future.

·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    If this thread has shown us anything it is that someone needs to get a Platinum color pallet in the future.
    Umbrella.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·