Reach for the Skies! Skullgirls Donation Bounty Thread

Comments

• VayDemonaVayDemona Joined: Posts: 7
    This was the only way for me to help Skullgirls because wepay doesn't accepted money from other countries, so THANK YOU ALL!
    Maybe we didn't win but at least I could did something for this wonderful game. ♥
    Thank you for giving me this chance.
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    This was the only way for me to help Skullgirls because wepay doesn't accepted money from other countries, so THANK YOU ALL!
    Maybe we didn't win but at least I could did something for this wonderful game. ♥
    Thank you for giving me this chance.
    What? They totally took $415 from my russian visa classic! O_o
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • MakrossMakross Average Joe Joined: Posts: 158
    What? They totally took $415 from my russian visa classic! o_O
    That's a credit card. Here you have to fill a lot of requirements for an international one. And Vay meant, wepay doesn't accept paypal, since that's the most common 'way to go' for all the online internacional transactions down here in Chile.
  • DarkBlade77DarkBlade77 Joined: Posts: 203
    Thanks for participating, everyone. We may not have won the contest, but I think we raised a lot of money for breast cancer in a pretty entertaining way! It's been a turbulent week, but I think it's also been pretty rewarding.

The last... page has gotten pretty hard for me to parse, thanks to the merged donations and partial-entry requests, and people-donating-extra-just-because(which is great and I'll count it towards the group total at least), but I should have it sorted out sometime later this morning.

All in-progress bounties that have already had the money put up will stay on the list; everything else will be removed(or logged as completed if I see a receipt matching it).

Midnight(central time) tonight, this mini-contest will end; I'll announce the winners and begin work on the prizes.

Once again, thanks to everyone here for doing something awesome for breast cancer research! You guys rock!
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    That's a credit card. Here you have to fill a lot of requirements for an international one. And Vay meant, wepay doesn't accept paypal, since that's the most common 'way to go' for all the online internacional transactions down here in Chile.
    Is that so? Sucks, man =[
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    snip

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/reach-for-the-skies-skullgirls-donation-bounty-thread.175125/page-3#post-7960314

This was to cover all the ones listed plus the one $15 drawing by Negaduck that you don't have listed.
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

• BillyBonesBillyBones Joined: Posts: 53
    Mine break down as follows:
    first 100 = alll claimed as reflected in your breakdown.
    second 100 = still available, goes 50/50 to best two drawings I get by end of today.
    last 280 = 20 to jmcrofts (trivia), 250 to Fychan (livestock battle), 10 never claimed (put it in just in case there was a last minute trivia answer I hadn't seen yet.)

Let me know if that makes sense.
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    Thanks to the artist and everyone who setup bounties in this thread you guys are amazing I got to use 4 different profile pics and my stream is looking awesome! can't wait untill the stickart is completed; fychan has some real neat sketches done for it already
    "you clap for THAT?"
    Okay, the standings are now updated. Nearly $1300 raised!
    • All I need for the remaining bounties that require art is at least a sketch or something showing that you are working on it.
    • Currently I am giving Fychan the benefit of the doubt on the $250 one, but I'd like to see something on that too, since it affects top3 standing.
    • jmcrofts - If someone donated as a result of your matches, please let me know/show a reciept.
    • Nel- and BillyBones - Please indicate the winners of your bounties after the deadline, so I can give them and you credit. I'll wait up to Saturday midnight.
    • I added ravvlet to the standings just for fun.
    Well, it looks like SRK is going to be borked for the rest of the night so more trivia isn't going to work well. Guess you guys are just going to have to keep drawing canines.
    Final bounty:
    For $250. Same two dogs are the focus. I'd like the Cattle dog to be guile, but I understand the hair can be rough so I will also accept Sagat (PS the Sagat cattle dog I got was ridiculously cute and works with his natural eye patch.) The border collie should be Chun. The scene is that they have just defeated Bison and Akuma (or two other boss characters, I'm not really picky on that) who are a cows, sheep, or . Livestock Bison and Akuma are fleeing on bicycles/golf cart or both. Again, cuteness valued above all else. Misty-skye really nailed that balance. I'm looking for color and detail, I've already got a stick bottom or a spot on the wall picked out depending on how good it comes out.

I have some ideas in mind, but I can't work on them right now. I can come up with them on Monday. Also, I don't have ways to do them colored, but I'll try to make them as clean as possible so if anyone can come in to do the colors can ask me for the files.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    I know the Breast Cancer Research Drive is over but I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting maybe if people still want to donate to help someone out or offer more art, they can donate to Super Arcade & Watson?

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/01/help-save-super-arcade/
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    I know the Breast Cancer Research Drive is over but I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting maybe if people still want to donate to help someone out or offer more art, they can donate to Super Arcade & Watson?

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/01/help-save-super-arcade/
    Also if some artist are willing to draw FG-related comissions to earn money for themselves I can't see anything wrong with posting here.
    I think it's not a bad idea.

There's also d3v's idea of doing a drive for making sure the SG pot at Evo has some size to it(eventually, since charity comes first); I think this type of thread may be able to help out both of these kinds of goals.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,747 mod
    Also if some artist are willing to draw FG-related comissions to earn money for themselves I can't see anything wrong with posting here.
    Nope, sorry. SRK doesn't allow paid commissions for copywritten material. The only reason this thread got past that rule was because the funds were being raised for charity, and no funds went directly to the artists.

Not my rule, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem. :(
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

The pot money thing sounds interesting.
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    vay won both of my bounties for the teddie and platinum profile pic
    "you clap for THAT?"
    I have some ideas in mind, but I can't work on them right now. I can come up with them on Monday. Also, I don't have ways to do them colored, but I'll try to make them as clean as possible so if anyone can come in to do the colors can ask me for the files.
    Actually, I'm kinda doing this, maybe I can deliver in like 6 hrs
    Actually, I'm kinda doing this, maybe I can deliver in like 6 hrs
    You should totally wait like 24 hours.

• 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 421
    Nope, sorry. SRK doesn't allow paid commissions for copywritten material. The only reason this thread got past that rule was because the funds were being raised for charity, and no funds went directly to the artists.

Not my rule, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem. :(
    It's hard to not sound like a jerk when you're picking over someone else's grammar or spelling, but this is one of those error that really bugs me. 'Copywritten' means 'written copy', e.g. advertising or journalistic copy. If you're talking about intellectual property rights, then 'copyrighted' is actually the correct term, although because it sounds awkward most people use the phrase 'under copyright'.

Again, not trying to sound like a jerk, just to educate.
    SFIV: Sakura (Juri?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Someone draw me Cerebella in boy shorts and I will give my love.
    You should totally wait like 24 hours.
    I don't know why are you saying it, but I'm just up for compensate the money that Billy donated. That being said, I just took his idea and came up with one of my own. So I don't know if it's going to be of his taste.

Fychan was first to claim, but if Fy can't show some work on it (I'm assuming blocking, quick sketch, or proof of concept would count?) in time to satisfy darkblade77, I think it is great that there is a back up.

Also, I still haven't gotten anything on the 2 $50 best dog draws, so anything you come up with would be a shoe-in for that.
    Yep, literally anything is fine. Just enough for me to take the bounty in good faith.

Updated OP to clarify that Sat. midnight is the final, final deadline. If I don't get some indicators for the remaining bounties(and the $250 one that I am currently counting for Fy), then I can't count them towards the personal totals even though their amounts were already donated for--I think I've stretched the limits on that enough.

Standings are also updated, too.
    Fychan was first to claim, but if Fy can't show some work on it (I'm assuming blocking, quick sketch, or proof of concept would count?) in time to satisfy darkblade77, I think it is great that there is a back up.
    Also, I still haven't gotten anything on the 2 $50 best dog draws, so anything you come up with would be a shoe-in for that.

Ah, I get it now. Well, I'm gonna send them to you in private, regardless of Fychan. Take them as a present for being the most awesome donor in this drive. If happens that Fy doesn't come up (hardly) take them as part of the bounty. If he does come up, you can post them later and show them to the others.

And for Fox Pocket: I made her talk garbage http://www.mediafire.com/?1s1fn3s4fqd1tgk

Also, I have a drawing of Cerebella in boy's shorts, cause they're comfy and easy to wear!
    Spoiler:
    ...Chibi's keeping being trolled... What's new.

@Duckie: make sense. Crap.
    FINAL STANDINGS:

TOTAL RAISED: $1295
    (This counts donations made that did not have matching/completed bounties. It does not count the processing fees if you covered them in WePay. If you think this total is incorrect, let me know!)

I had no choice to annul Fychan's/BillyBones $250 credit, but WIP work does exist in the case of Makross' entry, and no other bounty with money donated-for-already was completed, so the standings are:

Top Bounty Hunters:
    1. Makross [$340]
    2. Misty-Skye [$150]
    3. VayDemona [$140]
    4. Fychan [$110]
    5. klaww / jmcrofts [$20]
    6. DJShoryukenZ / Ninjakek / Negaduck [$15]
    7. Verdant Brave [$10]
    Top Bounty-Givers:
    1. BillyBones [$370]
    2. Fox Pocket [$330]
    3. Nel- [$230]
    4. rekijitsu [$25]
    5. Rinzler [$20]
    6. Mr.X [$10]
    Congratulations to our winners!
    Makross and BillyBones: PM me with the details on what you want done for your arcade stick artwork. Please try not to make the requests overly complicated! You also can specify what parts you want me to use, if you have a preference.
    Keep in mind that the arcade stick is a Madcatz TE base; and that at minimum I expect the stick to take 4-6 weeks to reach your hands. If you request parts or additions I don't have on-hand, the stick will naturally take longer to complete.
    I'll be contacting the other winners as the art for their prizes come to completion.

EDIT: I was mistaken on the status of the $250 commission, so the totals and winners have been adjusted. I sincerely apologize for the confusion.
  • Misty-SkyeMisty-Skye Joined: Posts: 22
    Awww.. I didn't get the updated one in my email and got excited. Oh well.
    The above confusion was entirely my fault. Makross made good on his promise and came through with some epic art last night in case Fychan couldn't. I held off on posting it to give Fychan a chance to get something in, but at 12:01 I should have posted it. I apologize again, and you can bet I will be the first to donate in the Evo side tournament pot bonus bounty thread.

Makross: let me know if it is ok to post up your work so everyone can admire it.
    The above confusion was entirely my fault. Makross made good on his promise and came through with some epic art last night in case Fychan couldn't. I held off on posting it to give Fychan a chance to get something in, but at 12:01 I should have posted it. I apologize again, and you can bet I will be the first to donate in the Evo side tournament pot bonus bounty thread.

Makross: let me know if it is ok to post up your work so everyone can admire it.

No problem, I'm glad you liked them. And I'll be happy to participate if this drive happens again.
  • FychanFychan Joined: Posts: 6
    Sorry that I suddenly disappeared, I was out of town for the weekend.

If it's OK with Makross, I'd still like to honor my bounty with Billy - I mean, he 'paid' 250$ for it so i think he deserves getting two drawings ^^ Finishing Nel's stick art is my priority though.
    I'm kinda relieved that someone got that bounty too because I really don't think I draw dogs well enough haha
    Not at all, I was in the same spot as you are right now, just drawing to honor Billy, so I didn't expect to win. Take your time ^^
  • VayDemonaVayDemona Joined: Posts: 7
    Someone draw me Cerebella in boy shorts and I will give my love.
    2eycfom.jpg
    Give me your love now ♥

BTW I'm open for commissions, PM me
  • Misty-SkyeMisty-Skye Joined: Posts: 22
    Aye, I am open to commissions as well. If you liked any of what you saw, feel free to pm me.
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭
    An update for our winners and/or those interested in seeing how the prizes turn out:

I just recieved the PS360+ PCBs earlier this week. So far it's looking like I'll need a few more QDs than I originally planned for, but otherwise the initial wiring effort is going well.

From what I understand, the 2nd place poster should be available very soon for me to start making prints of, and the stick art for the 1st place winners' sticks should come into being a little while after. 3rd place artwork is also pending, but I think it won't be too much longer.

An update for our winners and/or those interested in seeing how the prizes turn out:

I just recieved the PS360+ PCBs earlier this week. So far it's looking like I'll need a few more QDs than I originally planned for, but otherwise the initial wiring effort is going well.

From what I understand, the 2nd place poster should be available very soon for me to start making prints of, and the stick art for the 1st place winners' sticks should come into being a little while after. 3rd place artwork is also pending, but I think it won't be too much longer.

Thanks for the Update! I was wondering what happened with those sticks.
    edited February 2013

Do we get a preview? =D
    Post edited by Fox Pocket on

I didn't forget @0sh
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Mr. X said:
    I didn't forget @0sh
    Hm? Forget what?
    0sh said:
    I (crudely) drew a picture of Peach and Parasoul dueling with their parasols
    Spoiler:

It's not very good like I forgot that Parasoul wields her umbrella with her right hand.
    I put an Egret and Toad wrestling in the background

$10 for someone to draw this concept better please. Omit the Skullgirls vs Melee at the bottom and my apologizing in the corner from yours. Change whatever else you like to make it better, just keep the idea of Peach and Parasoul dueling with their umbrellas and the Egrets and Toads fighting in the background.
    I'm going to take this on, but I have a condition: If you like the final result (which won't be that good, lol) please do not donate the money to the Skullgirls drive but instead use it to put up another bounty. This might sound like a strange request, but I've deliberately been staying impartial of the SG/Melee competition, and I don't want people to use this as evidence of me being biased. The fact that this will contain characters from both games means I'm happy to do it, and you can then use the money for another bounty which someone else can fulfill.

Also, I'm pretty slow, so if someone else wants to take the bounty up for the donation instead of me please feel free.
    This @0sh
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • NeutrinoNeutrino Ensemble Forecast for the Downtrodden Joined: Posts: 293
    So about the fundraiser...

If I donate $5 (Pre-Order) is that a preorder for the game or for Squigly?
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 190
    Neutrino said:

Squigly is actually free, the $5 is called a pre-order cause you're technically paying your part for her.  The game is separate.  But you should donate anyway for the cause. ^_^
    Terribad.
    PSN: KlawwG
    Steam: Klaww213 hit me up anytime. :3
    edited February 2013

Do we get a preview? =D
    Sure.

Post edited by DarkBlade77 on
    Neutrino said:

Neither.

Squigly is free whether you donate or not (for 3 months). It's like you're paying in advance for her if you do.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Gah. I'd forgotten about that work. I've got another two I want to finish first (Double and Daliah), but I'll get to it eventually.
    Sure.

Cool beans.

edited February 2013
    And here's our 3rd-place prize, courtesy of Misty-Skye!

She'll be giving our 3rd-place winners the non-thumbnail version, for them alone to do with as they wish. :)
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to give another update on where everything is.

The poster is essentially complete! I'll be getting some copies printed as early as next weekend.

I've talked to Ravidrath and he has graciously offered to have the posters signed by Lab Zero, so please let me know if that's something you're interested in. It'll take some extra time before I can get them out to you because of the cost and mailing overhead, but I imagine it'll be worth it!

To our first-place winners: Your sticks are progressing as well. I'm largely waiting on the art as far as those are concerned; most of the wiring is either done or close to done.

Let me know if you want your stick art signed by Lab Zero as well. I don't have the cash to send them the sticks and have them send it back(size/weight), but I can probably bundle in the card stock I plan to use with the posters.

I underestimated the costs of getting posters printed out a bit, plus this opportunity also comes with extra mailing costs, so I ask for your continued patience in getting these rewards out there. :)
    That would be awesome!

I would gladly compensate the extra shipping costs if I could get it signed.