How much do you play a day?

farhanniusfarhannius Joined: Posts: 172
Searched the forum but found nothing on this. Just wondering how much people play this per day, or per week if that's easier. Do you think it's possible to have a decent social life given the fact that this game takes so much practise and dedication, and also given the fact that we have to work/go to school/college and pursue other hobbies like sports/gym etc?
·

Comments

• emelianenKO91emelianenKO91 Mediocrities everywhere I absolve you. Joined: Posts: 5
    I usually play at least a half hour a day, spend most of my time in training though.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504
    I play once a week 6 hours straight, it takes a lot of matches for me to warm-up, I play better after several hours of play.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
    ·
  • littlescumbaglittlescumbag Joined: Posts: 298
    on weekends 3-5 hours a day,other days around 1-2hours
    GFWL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

XBL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

PSN : LittleScumbag : stoped playing here

Steam : LittleScumbag : failing to improve at KOF here
    ·
  • UserX03UserX03 Joined: Posts: 89
    My plan often goes like this:

"I'll just play for 20-30 minutes or so..."
    "Just one more game."
    "Maybe one more..."
    "That was a gg, gotta run it back!"

Next thing I know I've played 2-3 hours.
    ·
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 607 ✭✭✭
    I play maybe a couple of hours a week. This is (only one of the reasons) why I'm so bad at the game...
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    4 times a month...
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • Csm1O1Csm1O1 Joined: Posts: 2
    Working full time and having 2 young kids means I get a couple of hours a week at best. So I try to enjoy the time I get rather than bitch about the time I don't.
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian The Other M. Joined: Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to get in 1 to 2 hours a day at least. My biggest issue is just getting distracted by other games. o_O
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    ·
  • UroboricUroboric Joined: Posts: 186
    About an hour per day after work and usually not at all on weekends.
    ·
  • PsychocultPsychocult Joined: Posts: 50
    When Vanilla dropped, it was about 2 hours a day. After about 6 months I stopped playing altogether. When Super dropped I played about the same, about an hour or two a day, stuck with it longer this time. When AE came out I was hype, and then my hype turned to tears. I stopped playing after a month of AE. When AE v.2012 dropped, I tried it out and was getting into it, giving it another chance, but then the entire year of 2012 turned to shit, in every category, personal, career, had to move, etc. I really didn't have the chance, and free time to get into AE2012 until October of 2012. Since then, been playing for about 2-3 hours a day, when I play, which is probably 3-4 days a week.
    ·
  • A-LXA-LX Joined: Posts: 486 ✭✭

"Just one more game."
    "Maybe one more..."

Basically this. ^ I think I play at least 2-3 hours a day on average
    My Youtube Channel
    XBL/Steam: MetsuGadoken

USF4: Sakura, Poison, Rose
    P4A: Yu Narukami
    BBCP: Valkenhayn
    UNIEL: Waldstein
    GG XRD: Chipp
    ·
  • PsychocultPsychocult Joined: Posts: 50
    I'll admit I have two PSN accounts though, and that Psychocult is my Dictator only account, and my other far older account I play on more frequently. ;)
    ·
  • TeeJay.TeeJay. Joined: Posts: 69
    depends. i have those days where i just can't get enough, and i'll easily play 3-4 hours a day. other days i can't be arsed and won't touch the game for a while. on average i think i spend 8 hrs on street fighter per week.

now this might be a weird question, but am i the only one sweating intensly when playing ranked/online in general? i go to the gym often and i'm not in a bad shape at all, but i sweat a lot while playing sf for some reason :p.
    ·
  • K.O.wnedK.O.wned Joined: Posts: 50
    1h during the week
    the whole day on weekends and holidays.
    now this might be a weird question, but am i the only one sweating intensly when playing ranked/online in general? i go to the gym often and i'm not in a bad shape at all, but i sweat a lot while playing sf for some reason :p.

I do too, but that's because I get all tensed up when playing someone I don't know.
    ·
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    too fucking much.
    ·
  • Bob199Bob199 Joined: Posts: 60
    Usually every few days for a couple of hours. Weekends when I have time, a couple hours in the morning and a few more at night.
    URL='http://bobosyomios.wordpress.com/ssf4-ae-guides/']Beginner's Guides: Adon, Blanka, Juri, Makoto, Seth, Evil Ryu[/URL]

XBL: Yomios
    ·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends. if im training for some particualr reason(tourney, just trying to grind, etc), i play like 2 hrs or more a day during the week and even more on the weekend.

but if something else has my attention i might get a half hour in training mode a few times a week
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 9,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes on the weekends......maybeo_O

edit: I dont play shitty fighter 4..anything but this
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

·
  • divinemarkpizzadivinemarkpizza Joined: Posts: 297
    ive consistently played 8 hours per day for a few weeks but still managed to go to the gym 3 days per week lol
    ·
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭

Stress. Even if you don't care fighting games are the worst way to relieve stress or decompress at the end of the day.
    ·
  • Thunder Road ManThunder Road Man Hey there Joined: Posts: 316
    how do you all have that much time...
    ·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do you all have that much time...

i try to make time. most of the people who have replied are still a lot less than the people consistently placing.
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭
    I used to play like 4 hours every day. Now I'm lucky to play two hours in an entire week (and boy does it show...don't fall out of practice!)
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
    ·
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 843 ✭✭
    2-4 hours on the weekends.
    ·
  • JSmithJSmith Still Training Joined: Posts: 15
    1 hour a day weekdays, 2-3 on weekends. Usually.
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Yeah. Sure. Joined: Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    When I was really getting serious probably around 5 hours everyday. I was still in school, and had dropped pretty much all shooters for a little bit.
    Then my group of friends that I really enjoyed fighting with pretty much play ONLY LoL now and have never returned so I don't have as much fun playing the game anymore. Because my only option for playing is against randoms. I don't mind playing randoms. Just not all the time. Now I'm dividing my attention across a bunch of different games so now I'm lucky if I play it for an hour every other week.
    Post edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
  • Mr_V_Neck23Mr_V_Neck23 Joined: Posts: 66
    2~3 hrs
    ·
  • The SavageThe Savage Joined: Posts: 182
    Two or three hours a day, practicing four different characters. I do the same for UMVC3 and SFXT.
    ·
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭
    I used to play that game for hours first months of release.
    then discovered that I sucked at other fighters and decided to balance the time.
    In the end the other fighters won me over.
    Usually I play online just weekends. Other days I spent around 30-40 minutes doing specials or combos for 2 characters (LB2, VS1, KOF98 and SFIV).
    Unfortunately I only play SFIV online once or twice per months for 1 hour the most.
    In order to get better at SFIV I have to get worse at the other games and I wouldnt want that,

Shinebox said:

Stress. Even if you don't care fighting games are the worst way to relieve stress or decompress at the end of the day.
    Hence I avoid playing FG when I have stress or am not relaxed enough. I only stop playing when I start swearing.....
    not good at any, mediocre at many
    ·
  • ThengeanceThengeance Joined: Posts: 6
    UserX03 said:

"Just one more game."
    "Maybe one more..."

This.
    ·
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    sun-thurs 2hrs a day so about ~10 hrs a week, gotta work and hang out with the wife, when we have kids its probably gonna be like once a week. 
    XBL: Rawbertson
    SF2 SF3 SF4
    HONDA
    ·
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 194
    Currently only about half-hour to hour a day.  But after i get god of war and stuff finished, probably increase that to 2 or 3.
    Terribad.
    PSN: KlawwG
    Steam: Klaww213 hit me up anytime. :3
    ·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    Every day for a couple of hours. Just started training recently
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·