SFxT 2013 hidden changes thread

RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Street Fighter x Tekken
Figured this deserved it's own thread as we should find out these changes the quickest way possible. List anything that's not on the system/characters change list.

You can view the list here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/2013-patch-notes-compilation.170885/

Please click "agree" on the person's post to confirm the change.
Post edited by RoGE9 on
·

Comments

• KongrosionKongrosion Geeef! Joined: Posts: 58
    Patch notes compilation thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/2013-patch-notes-compilation.170885/

Stealth nerf: Zangief's PPP Lariat now does 100/120 damage, down from 150.
    #TeamSPD #Giefpocalypse!
    ·
  • DooplissDoopliss Wryyigi Joined: Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul has a lot of hidden buffs(Found by zUkUu, street11 and me):

Paul's Phoenix Smasher has JP5, up from JP4.
    Paul's Super has JP6, up from JP4 (I think it used to have 4, at least it didn't have 6).
    Non-EX Shredders allows you to juggle a medium afterwards, or a heavy if done directly in a juggle.
    Juggled EX Mortar Punch adds 1 juggle point instead of 3. Non-EX juggled Mortar Punch adds 2 instead of 3.
    Just like with Bone Breaker, CH Hammer Punch will allow you to combo the entire Hang Over+Demolition Man string.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
    ·
  • NerfherderNerfherder Joined: Posts: 341
    I couldn't find this info anywhere online. And I'm assuming most people that actively play Sf X Tk have changed their default gems so the system won't set to the new gem loadouts. The new default gems are:

Sample 1: 001, 019, 038 (Immense power / Attack)
    Sample 2: 046, 050, 056 (Iron wall / Defense)
    Sample 3: 205, 207, 214 (Onslaught / Cross gauge)
    Sample 4: 024, 139, 245 (Pandora)
    Sample 5: 001, 048, 205 (Balance)

Handy for tournaments.
    ·
  • flyingcloud11flyingcloud11 Rock'in the best Joined: Posts: 305
    IDK if this is hidden or if it was in the patch notes but Steve's Foxhunt on CH tosses the opponent into the air for more combo potential.
    MrWhiteProductions.png
    ·
    IDK if this is hidden or if it was in the patch notes but Steve's Foxhunt on CH tosses the opponent into the air for more combo potential.
    That's in the change log.

·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Little Red! J-Activate! Joined: Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lili's Dive Kick no longer restands juggled opponents...:(

Why Capcom? Why not tell me this?! At least give me a chance to prepare my mourning period.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
  • AhJongAhJong AKA Jibbs Joined: Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hwo's second hit of Middle Kick Combo doesn't reset on opponents that are ground bounced.
    "Like the mighty jaguar, I grow more powerful with each victory!" - Adon

USF4: I use Adon and Yang
    SFXT: Team Electric Wind God Flamingos: Hwo X Kaz
    Team Looking For Ryu: Sakura X Ken

·
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 606
    Lili's Dive Kick no longer restands juggled opponents...:(

Why Capcom? Why not tell me this?! At least give me a chance to prepare my mourning period.
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
    ·
    Also, Lili's Dominating Heel ALSO does not restand. I'm not mourning that one much though...shit was hard to land with anyone not named Hwoarang.
    ·
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭
    Poison's s.LP and cl.MP hit crouchers now.
    I don't got those.
    ·
  • KitL19KitL19 Joined: Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if this counts as a hidden change, but I can't for the life of me punish rolls. Even with rapid fire lights and ambiguous set ups. However I can easily throw people from rolls. I guess they thought the first change was far too powerful along with throws taking away recoverable life.
    ·
    I dunno if this counts as a hidden change, but I can't for the life of me punish rolls. Even with rapid fire lights and ambiguous set ups. However I can easily throw people from rolls. I guess they thought the first change was far too powerful along with throws taking away recoverable life.

It's been an official change. Rolls gain a hurtbox for 7 frames near the end but the opponent can block. Gains a throwbox (?) for 10 frames and they cannot tech.
    ·
  • Kyosuke NEOKyosuke NEO Ara? Joined: Posts: 491
    They changed it so you can still block but you can't tech throws or reversal. I suppose they thought making them outright punishable by everything might have been a little much.
    ·
    It's been an official change. Rolls gain a hurtbox for 7 frames near the end but the opponent can block. Gains a throwbox (?) for 10 frames and they cannot tech.

Sigh I guess I misread I thought it was both of those changes. I guess it's finally time for my fraud Rolento to retire. =(

Edit: Also chun li cl.mk no longer restands. Steve's b+lk no longer restands. I think it's safe to assume that all restands the use normals/unique normals are dead. At least Nina has her restand in tact (for obvious reasons).
    ·
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    A restand forces a crouching opponent to stand, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
    ·
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭
    Asuka's unscaled launcher from lights is gone.
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura |TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu
    Guilty Gear - May

·
    Julia's Cr.lk is nerfed down to the ankle. Not the knee as shown in Combofeind's video. (YES!!!!)

That isn't a hidden change, that was confusion brought on by Chun's annoying hurtbox.
    ·
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,851
    That isn't a hidden change, that was confusion brought on by Chun's annoying hurtbox.
    Ahh, now I know. Thx. Last post edited. :)
    49% Motherf**ker, 51% Son of a B*tch.....
    ·
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 562 ✭✭
    I couldn't find this info anywhere online. And I'm assuming most people that actively play Sf X Tk have changed their default gems so the system won't set to the new gem loadouts. The new default gems are:

Sample 1: 001, 019, 038 (Immense power / Attack)
    Sample 2: 046, 050, 056 (Iron wall / Defense)
    Sample 3: 205, 207, 214 (Onslaught / Cross gauge)
    Sample 4: 024, 139, 245 (Pandora)
    Sample 5: 001, 048, 205 (Balance)

Handy for tournaments.

Damn I actually wish they would have forced this, would have been useful in the long run I could have just changed back anytime.
    PSN: davmen05 Main Games: SSFIVAE, SFxT
    ·
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 242
    Blanka's cr. mk has a bigger hitbox, so his combo's are a lot easier now

Kuma's Breaking move now moves easier towards your opponent
    SSF4:AE Blanka,Guile, T.Hawk and Hakan

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, King, Rolento, Guile and Megaman/Kuma for the trololololol
    ·
    I wanna believe you guys about the changes to rolls, but out of the matches I played not a damn thing was done. All of my opponents teched throws and blocked some set ups rolling all day erryday. Maybe someone is doing some placebo to make people not roll as much because as of right now not a shit was done.

Edit:OR maybe they tried to tech throws using B+lk lp with Hwaorang and Steve.
    ·
    A restand forces a crouching opponent to stand, right?

A restand forces an bound/ground bouncing character to stand. At least in this game. But in SF4 terms with Sakura ex senpu lp resets or makoto corner ex hayate f+lk, lp shenanigans.
    ·
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also chun li cl.mk no longer restands. Steve's b+lk no longer restands. I think it's safe to assume that all restands the use normals/unique normals are dead. At least Nina has her restand in tact (for obvious reasons).

Personally, with the nerf to Rolls I'm okay with this, though it does remove some style points.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFxT - Juri x Cammy/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ZSS / ROB
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·
  • guy986guy986 Joined: Posts: 82
    Rufus' galatic tornado's chip damage has been stealth nerfed. THe HP version used to do 5/5/20 before now it "only" does 5/5/12.

Man i used to abuse that alot....
    ·
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 20% Cooler Joined: Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants/needs me to I can check stuff from version 1.06, since I'm on the PC version and we probably aren't gonna get the 2013 patch for a while. :bluu:
    PSN/XBL/Steam/NNID: LordWilliam1234
    SF x TK: Cody/Heihachi, Ken/Lars
    Smash 4: Link
    ·
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭
    Poison's s.LP and cl.MP hit crouchers now.

Apparently, this was a PS3 exclusive change. From what I understand, the Xbox versions always hit crouchers.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    ·
  • FivzFivz Joined: Posts: 42
    Can someone run through some ibuki combos? want to know if there are any changes to EX kazagiri, her AC, and st.lp off TG4.
    ·
    Can someone run through some ibuki combos? want to know if there are any changes to EX kazagiri, her AC, and st.lp off TG4.

To continue on this, we have a cross assault combo between Ibuki and Ryu. We do any such combo into cross assault, Ibuki does Raida, Ryu does HP DP, Ibuki does Raida, etc. We loop this until cross assault runs out when one of us does super. This appears to work because Raida seems to reset the juggle points, and Ryu's HP DP doesn't use up all the juggle points like most of the other DPs in the game (like Cammy's or Ken's). Does this still work in version 2013?
    ·
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    I posted this in the general thread, but this is the better place to put it. Bryan's M and H Right Upper still technically hits airborne opponents, it just doesn't do so until the end of the swinging arc, when the Fisherman's Slam followup can't be executed anymore. So you can do M Right Upper -> Gatling Combination xx Mach Breaker against aerial opponents, but you have to do it kinda early or it will whiff right through the opponent.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

·
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969

There are no changes but the nerfs.
    ·
    At least Law's LP, b.MP, MP, LP restand is still intact. I assume all the bug hits where they'd reset randomly, like Juri MK pinwheel, Sagat Knee (I can confirm this one's gone) and Jin EX MLD, were the ones that were fixed.

·
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭
    Apparently, this was a PS3 exclusive change. From what I understand, the Xbox versions always hit crouchers.

oh wow. I never noticed the difference even though i'm always on 360 at home but out it's PS3.
    ....thanks capcom.
    I don't got those.
    ·
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    Was Xiaoyu's SA nerfed to 270 from 310 before the patch?

TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
    ·
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    Not actually a nerf, but in the patch notes, it said that Jack was going to be able to canel in to special moves from st.lk. This is not implemented.
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    He was supposedly getting a new wall bounce but I've yet to find it.
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    He was supposedly getting a new wall bounce but I've yet to find it.
    mk->mp->mp (charged to full).
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    That's what I thought. didn't charge it
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the official word on the roll changes? Some people are saying they're only throw-punishable. I'm pretty sure I saw them get punished with attacks as well, but it could also just be that the player wasn't blocking?
    ·
  • OffenOffen Joined: Posts: 74
    You can only block after rolling, not attack or tech throws. So if you get caught rolling you get thrown for free. That also mean you can get caught with a high/low mixup as you can't do anything but block. I don't know the frame data tho.
    ·
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    What is that "Player System" field located on the ranked match search menu? I saw it on Maximilian's replay. What does it do?
    ·
    What is that "Player System" field located on the ranked match search menu? I saw it on Maximilian's replay. What does it do?

That's a PS3 exclusive thing. You can filter between PS3 and vita users.

Kinda like being able to filter out touch screen users and non-touch screen users on the 3DS version of SSF4. :tup:
    ·
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EWGF has been nerfed for sure. I timed it against a Rufus without meter and his Galactic Tornado traded with it. Damn Capcom, why did you nerf it so hard?
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
    EWGF has been nerfed for sure. I timed it against a Rufus without meter and his Galactic Tornado traded with it. Damn Capcom, why did you nerf it so hard?

Well, at least I no longer have to worry about EWGF making my Alpha Counters whiff entirely. :tup:
    ·
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 636
    Damn I actually wish they would have forced this, would have been useful in the long run I could have just changed back anytime.

Is there any way to reset the preset gems to the default? Other than trying to delete the save file I don't see any way to do this...
    ·
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Used Member Joined: Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I don't play Asuka, but I was able to punish my buddy's target combo strings on block with cr.jab. Standing still had to alpha counter to get him off me, but one of her TCs seems to be changed......
    GT: AlphaZero
    ·
  • GenistarGenistar BLARG! Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭
    I don't play Asuka, but I was able to punish my buddy's target combo strings on block with cr.jab. Standing still had to alpha counter to get him off me, but one of her TCs seems to be changed......
    some of her strings were punishable in 2012.
    USF4: *Main* Elena *Subs* Rose/Poison
    Persona 4: Chie,Naoto
    VF5FS: Sarah
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King's EX Konvict Kick doesn't have the frame advantage it use to have. I got reversal a few times trying to frame trap
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    Bison's close mp cancels into hk scissors now. It appears they lengthened the hitstun on the normal for whatever reason.
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,290 ✭✭
    So what's the official word on the roll changes? Some people are saying they're only throw-punishable. I'm pretty sure I saw them get punished with attacks as well, but it could also just be that the player wasn't blocking?
    You can only block after rolling, not attack or tech throws. So if you get caught rolling you get thrown for free. That also mean you can get caught with a high/low mixup as you can't do anything but block. I don't know the frame data tho.
    Yeah and there's supposedly no input window so you can't mash for a few frames during the recovery.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • w00denTEETHw00denTEETH Dr. Zaius Joined: Posts: 670 ✭✭✭
    Yeah and there's supposedly no input window so you can't mash for a few frames during the recovery.

...I definitely noticed it because Akuma can no longer roll and mash a teleport during the recovery.
    ·