SFxT 2013 hidden changes thread

2»

Comments

• MuayGioMuayGio aka Wulfsten Joined: Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭
    Law's Knuckle Rush now has reduced juggle capability. Either that or his Somersault does. The previously optimised tag-in combo cr. HP xx Somersault, cr. HP xx Knuckle Rush no longer works.
    Hey! You haven't felt the true beat of my groove yet! Here!
    SFxT : Blanka x Elena
    AE : Dee Jay
    ·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Little Red! J-Activate! Joined: Posts: 22,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Law's Knuckle Rush now has reduced juggle capability. Either that or his Somersault does. The previously optimised tag-in combo cr. HP xx Somersault, cr. HP xx Knuckle Rush no longer works.

thats due to somersault which IS in the notes.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
  • GLKGLK Misfortune surrounds you Joined: Posts: 76
    Lili lost the ability to end a lot of her juggles in launcher and Andante hitbox has been shaved so it's not as wide as it was in vanilla.
    PSN:TheGreatLordK
    R.I.P Emilie De Rochefort #PandoraHouse @GreatLordK
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,282 ✭✭
    Yeah, Somersault takes up more juggle points or w/e people want to call it. You should opt for Spinkicks.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • DooplissDoopliss Wryyigi Joined: Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm noticing some slow-downs and drops in framerate since I got the patch. This was especially noticable when I tried doing a cross assault combo with Alisa and Asuka on cosmic elevator. It went in slow motion at times. Anyone else noticing anything? This is PS3 btw.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
    ·
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭
    Paul's c.hp is now -14 on block, instead of -16.
    我道
    ·
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Best Hero Joined: Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm noticing some slow-downs and drops in framerate since I got the patch. This was especially noticable when I tried doing a cross assault combo with Alisa and Asuka on cosmic elevator. It went in slow motion at times. Anyone else noticing anything? This is PS3 btw.

Is this online? If so it might be because you're facing a Vita player. I've heard there's some frame-rate issues with the Vita version, and that may be affecting things on your end as well.

If you made sure to filter out Vita players...then I dunno what the issue is.
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/NNID/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi
    Smash 4: Link
    ·
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭
    Ogre's j.HP can crossup now wtf! Very tricky spacing required...
    ·
    Is this online? If so it might be because you're facing a Vita player. I've heard there's some frame-rate issues with the Vita version, and that may be affecting things on your end as well.

If you made sure to filter out Vita players...then I dunno what the issue is.
    Nope, training mode.

·

I think this was already possible in 2012...though very hard to pull off. At least consistently.

How did he get it to cross-up though? I can check version 1.06 here to see if it was possible in 2012...
    ·
    I think this was already possible in 2012...though very hard to pull off. At least consistently.

How did he get it to cross-up though? I can check version 1.06 here to see if it was possible in 2012...
    can you please reaffirm if "Phoenix Smasher TAG on block" is -5 in 1.06?[Sagat MP Uppercut 5 frames. Sagat HP uppercut should be blockable with 6 frames]. it was +9 before that; at least we assume it changed back then, and not in v2013, since paul was stealth nerfed in 1.06.
    我道
    ·
    can you please reaffirm if "Phoenix Smasher TAG on block" is -5 in 1.06?[Sagat MP Uppercut 5 frames. Sagat HP uppercut should be blockable with 6 frames]. it was +9 before that; at least we assume it changed back then, and not in v2013, since paul was stealth nerfed in 1.06.

Phoenix Smasher TAG on block (all versions) appears to be better than -5 in 1.06. None of Sagat's DP's can punish it.

I think it's technically + on block, since not even Gief's super can catch you. However, what's interesting is that if you reversal super with Ken, it'll catch Paul even though the incoming character is able to block it. Same thing with reversal Gief super; even though the incoming character can avoid it, Paul gets caught.

So yeah, Phoenix Smasher TAG on block is technically + on block. Paul just gets caught if you reversal super sometimes.
    ·
  • guy986guy986 Joined: Posts: 82
    Did SF character get improved AA across the board too?

akuma's HP Shoryuken beats Jin and Hei's J.Hp every time now. Its glorious.
    ·
    Phoenix Smasher TAG on block (all versions) appears to be better than -5 in 1.06. None of Sagat's DP's can punish it.

I think it's technically + on block, since not even Gief's super can catch you. However, what's interesting is that if you reversal super with Ken, it'll catch Paul even though the incoming character is able to block it. Same thing with reversal Gief super; even though the incoming character can avoid it, Paul gets caught.

So yeah, Phoenix Smasher TAG on block is technically + on block. Paul just gets caught if you reversal super sometimes.
    if you hit c.lp or something with your partner, they can't do reversal super to hit paul.^^
    mhhh 1.06 did nerf HP smasher to -10 (it was -5 previously). so it should be at max +4 max on block. does that mean the v2013 reduced block-tag advantage across the board?
    我道
    ·
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 242
    This maybe a placebo effect, but Blanka's hori-balls seem no longer inert :p

Like their hurtboxes became smaller, since I can anti-air with them and they don't trade as often anymore.
    SSF4:AE Blanka,Guile, T.Hawk and Hakan

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, King, Rolento, Guile and Megaman/Kuma for the trololololol
    ·
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭

It's possible in 2012. It's just hella hard.
    I don't got those.
    ·
  • OffenOffen Joined: Posts: 74
    Every normal and unique strings Bob can special cancel, he can also cancel into pandora. Not sure if bug or intended... :P
    ·
  • afrotronicafrotronic Joined: Posts: 91
    got hit by a cross up j.hp from poison today, is that new? thought she could only crossup with j.ik?
    ·
    Every normal and unique strings Bob can special cancel, he can also cancel into pandora. Not sure if bug or intended... :P
    That's... kinda sick. especially juggled s.HP.

·
  • diamonddust131diamonddust131 World's Greatest Pot Monster Joined: Posts: 107
    got hit by a cross up j.hp from poison today, is that new? thought she could only crossup with j.ik?

j.HP crosses up for sure. Don't think that was in 2012
    Lili lost the ability to end a lot of her juggles in launcher and Andante hitbox has been shaved so it's not as wide as it was in vanilla.

I thought so. I was playing online and couldn't help notice I was wiffing on jump ins I usually hit. They just won't leave Lili alone, will they?
    Xbox Live/PSN: DiamondDust132
    USF4: Poison/Makoto | Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko/Yukiko
    TTT2: Asuka/Lili; Jun/Lili | SCV: Natsu/Pyrrha
    ·

not new. Happened in 2012 also.

j.lk, j.hp and j.hk all crossed up in 2012
    I don't got those.
    ·
  • SoulxFighterSoulxFighter Joined: Posts: 25
    Does anyone know where you can find the frame data on everything?
    ·
  • diamonddust131diamonddust131 World's Greatest Pot Monster Joined: Posts: 107
    not new. Happened in 2012 also.

j.lk, j.hp and j.hk all crossed up in 2012
    Really now? Strange. I knew j.:lk: crossed up, but this is the first time hearing about the others in Vanilla. Were they harder to do, or is it the same now in 2013?
    Xbox Live/PSN: DiamondDust132
    USF4: Poison/Makoto | Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko/Yukiko
    TTT2: Asuka/Lili; Jun/Lili | SCV: Natsu/Pyrrha
    ·
    Really now? Strange. I knew j.:lk: crossed up, but this is the first time hearing about the others in Vanilla. Were they harder to do, or is it the same now in 2013?

j.hp is easy. It's really ambiguous if you set it up right. (hits in the front, land on the opposite side, complete crosses up sometimes.)

j.hk I still haven't found out how to reliably do. I know it does cross up cause i've done it a few times but it's really tricky.

They both feel the same to me from 2012 > 2013.
    I don't got those.
    ·
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 100% sure Julia's cHP has a reduced range from 2012.

Also, about 75% sure her cMP has increased range.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
    ·
  • SGLeroySGLeroy Bob Cop Joined: Posts: 109
    Has anyone noticed how fast people fall in juggles? Bob's headbutt ground bounce follow up would never miss aslong as the headbutt hit in a juggle, but now if I don't hit them high enough they hit the ground to fast, its wierd too because his normals are faster, so I hit enemy's higher than in 2012 in my bnb's, also a combo that used to not be possible now is, after any juggle in the corner if bob did headbutt and then the kick follow-up bob would go under them and whiff because they never fell fast enough, but now always works. Its weird, and hp.headbutt hasn't been change whatsoever, only bob's normals, which are faster, and would hit them higher in the air now more than before, making these combo's even less likely to work, but they do. Thats why I think people fall faster.
    ·
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually when I was watching the Savage Saturday replays, I think someone mentioned that (either that or the speed that people run in off of tag is faster now... or maybe both?). I think Joe Lewis was speaking of it? Not 100% sure as it was early this morning so my mind might have been half-asleep, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised though.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ROB / Lucina
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed how fast people fall in juggles? Bob's headbutt ground bounce follow up would never miss aslong as the headbutt hit in a juggle, but now if I don't hit them high enough they hit the ground to fast, its wierd too because his normals are faster, so I hit enemy's higher than in 2012 in my bnb's, also a combo that used to not be possible now is, after any juggle in the corner if bob did headbutt and then the kick follow-up bob would go under them and whiff because they never fell fast enough, but now always works. Its weird, and hp.headbutt hasn't been change whatsoever, only bob's normals, which are faster, and would hit them higher in the air now more than before, making these combo's even less likely to work, but they do. Thats why I think people fall faster.
    Is this a ground bounce situation?

I've noticed some slight wierdness on ground bounces myself.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    I've had to re time a ton of my old combos and time differently than I thought on some new ones
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    Lei orchid palm was stealth nerfed again. Sad sad day.....
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    I am almost certain that Vega EX ST got a stealth buff. Aside from now connecting in juggles with both hits as was stated in the changes, it now has the juggle potential of BHC.

This means that I can do something like nj HK AA x EX ST x EX ST x tag x ground bounce x pandora combo for 700+ damage.
    ·
  • Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭
    Sakura's vulnerable box when crouching has been enlarged, both at neutral and during blockstun. She can't crouch under some of the moves that she used to.
    #SFxT @ EFNet - It's better than SRK
    ·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakura's vulnerable box when crouching has been enlarged, both at neutral and during blockstun. She can't crouch under some of the moves that she used to.

Did you make sure that those moves weren't simply enlarged?

http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
  • Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭
    Eternal wrote: »

Did you make sure that those moves weren't simply enlarged?
    I only tried 2 different moves, so I guess it's possible that they were enlarged. I would appreciate if anyone else could help with testing it.
    #SFxT @ EFNet - It's better than SRK
    ·
2»