3rd strike questionnaire started by boss

yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782
Player questionnaire started by boss recently. I wanted to translate this because I know if I couldn't, I'd love for someone else to. Since I'm limited to my iPhone, my kanji sucks and my vocabulary isn't perfected, I tried to use multiple words to try to better convey what they were trying to say. I hate hearing interviews where the translator misses the tone and depth of the speaker so I apologize in advance. most importantly I wanted to add that the last comment was not written in a harsh manner. hopefully aku can contribute/correct me where I can word things differently if need be. There are others I will translate in the next couple days and hopefully there will be more japanese players filling the questionnaires out soon!

*added tominaga's. these are posted on 3rd diary. http://3rddiary.blog104.fc2.com/
Boss

1) Whats your name and its origin?

My name is boss. when I was entering local tournaments I was entering with my initials. The Tournaments in other areas, people were using game-names so i looked over at the vending machine and saw " can coffee boss". The first time I think i used this game name was at the preliminaries for GNC-hai at mikawajima.

2) How long is your history with 3rd strike?

From the very beginning.

3) Where is your home arcade?

Right now it's cube in koenji, though i go only once or twice a month. I guess lately I've been going to ooyama newton on Wednesdays.

4) How did you start playing 3rd strike?

At the time I was playing around with games casually at the arcades and by chance it was the new game released then.

5) Who's your main and why?

Makoto / Yun
Makoto: the reward is higher with her for itten yomi (one point guess/one guess). Easier to get results against stronger characters.
Yun: because he's an "all-rounder" he's more stable than makoto. I tend to end up practicing with him before a tournament.

6) Which players do you respect/admire?

Kokujin for being serious about competing/playing. he's probably one of the few people that will challenge/play you forever unless you say to him lets stop.
mov and kuroda for always evolving and trying to get stronger/seeking perfection.

7) Who do you consider your rival?
Even though I team up with him a lot my rival is rikimaru. he's the kind of rival you can be satisfied with, win or loss.

8) Which new players has your attention?

Atsushi, hiyama and matsumoto from koenji and miuchi biikeda(?)
Because they have potential, i believe it's my job/task to help them reach their potential in the future.
From kansai I think killer machine, chance and matsushita. I didnt play them for too long but I got a feeling they have potential/get much stronger with time.

9) Are there any matches that left an impression on you/memorable matches?

An old memory is playing a ken-ken set against hirai. I was able to realize you can get stronger/grow during a battle.
a recent one is the first chisho matches during danisen with makoto. even though I didn't put out the result I wanted, I am content with the fact my strengths/good parts came out in the matches.

10) What's one adjustment you'd make to 3rd strike?

that's a very difficult question, but if I had to choose one thing I'd disable chun li's crouch mk x houyoku.

11) Give us your self analysis

I think i have a high ability to analyze my opponents. I'm able to figure them out the 1st round and beat them the 2nd and 3rd round.
I'm also able to show them my tachimawari (ground game/zoning/etc) and change it up on them. During tournaments if the teammates behind me are strong I tend to rush to win and in the future I'd like to work on playing how I would normally in that situation.

12) What do you think is a fun point of 3rd strike?

The ability to make your opponents do what you want/controlling them. Where they think they chose a move themselves but in actuality I've made them choose that move.

13) Will you continue 3rd strike in the future?

Sadly my desire to play in danisen has been gone for sometime. However, I'd still like to participate in events/tournaments as much as possible.

14) Any last words?

players ask me vague questions like how can I get better. please go to the arcade, and figure out specific areas/questions that you're having trouble with before asking me.

(^q^)< Tominaga

1) What's your game name and origin?

(^q^)< My name is tominaga and it's my real last name! I'll never forgive the atsushi from koenji!*

*tominagas first name is also atsushi, and this is directed at atsushi ibuki. they're good friends.

2) How long have you been playing 3rd strike?

(^q^)< Because I've been playing 10 years."*

*a famous tominaga quote. he saids it a lot jokingly when asked questions about the game.

3) Where's your home arcade?

(^q^)< At first it was Jinboushou taro. after that closed all over the place. Currently I often play at game-versus.

4) How did you start playing 3rd strike?

(^q^)< I already had been playing capcom fighting games so when 3rd strike came out I thought "oh a new game came out" and played it here and there a few times.

5) Who is your main and why?

(^q^)< My main character is makoto. I saw the "itachi combo" in the gamest* and thought it was too cool, I have to do it too, and that's where it began.

*gamest mook(strategy book) not sure what the itachi combo is.

6) Who are players you respect/admire?

(^q^)< Kenzo and Boss. They're too good at reading people and punishing people. I think they don't get left hanging to dry often. * I'm envious.

*???

7) Who are your rivals?

(^q^)< The number of rivals/enemies have increased lately, I wonder why.

8) Which new players have your attention?

(^q^)<All the new players in general. there's been a lot of strong ones appearing recently.

9) Any memorable matches?

(^q^)< My first kuroda kumite. I could never beat kuroda ibuki. Maybe I couldn't even win now. It was the first time I couldn't beat someone that convincingly.

10) If you could change one thing about 3rd strike what would it be?

(^q^)< I'd make it easier for Wfukiage to land on chun li and ibuki. Then make oro, alex, dudley, and q's stun bar normal length. No whiff animation for karakusa. Make the gauge for tosa (sa2) 3 stocks.

11) Give us your self analysis

(^q^)< I'm slightly more lucky than everyone. I'm not looking at the screen.

12) What's one fun part of 3rd strike?

(^q^)< No matter how strong player is, they have to do something/make a choice at some point. When I win the rock-paper-scissors then, there's something that releases in my brain. It feels good.

13) Will you continue playing 3rd strike?

(^q^)< Yea, I'll keep devoting myself to getting stronger.

14) any last words?

(^q^)< Hey guys, don't get mad over games!*

*also a famous tominaga quote. the way he saids this more similiar to "hey boys and girls(kids), dont get angry because of games"
かかってきな。

Comments

• NGUboyNGUboy Joined: Posts: 5
    Nice one Yuuki! much appreciated :D
  • hismithismit VietnAmazing Joined: Posts: 435
    Wow I can read these forever.
    Why don't famous non-Japanese players do this too? :P
  • vandarkholmevandarkholme Joined: Posts: 388
    Wow I can read these forever.
    Why don't famous non-Japanese players do this too? :P
    Cause who fucking cares

I mean, it's not like non-japanese players are so good that they should be like idols or anything (except my lord and savior Pherai)
    If you're a good 3s player, you probably already met all the big heads from america and you would know everything, and the rest you can read theyr posts on the forum

waiting for a kuroda and roshihikari interview ! Good shit Yuuki
    Sutorito Faita : Sad strike
    vandark, you should hear a cool pherai story from me one day then. Add it to all your history. I'll probably remember it closer to EVO time and just retell it to the forum when I'm probably going to re-tell some more anyway. Its not the glory hole one though, that one's too legendary. You probably know more about that than me.
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    Thanks for this!
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711
    nice.
    should collect the other ones and link them here or something?
    Play more.
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    Yeah, link them here. I'd definitely like to know more as well.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,099
    (except my lord and savior Pherai)

If you're a good 3s player, you probably already met all the big heads from america and you would know everything, and the rest you can read theyr posts on the forum
    He gave up the Jesus name, or that one died, but we still quote him and his scriptures all the time!

The new Bible? - http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/08/you-can-smoke-snoop-doggs-new-book-no-really/

The questionairre is very cool and the answers might even be similar among players that never met up before or are from very different scenes, and they might not be active anymore, but the SF25th competitors quick blurb about yourself left much to be desired or a lot was left unsaid when actually many were pretty cool, for example: GG Nica.

Yeah, sometimes things aren't for the online. Why make any new posts when it gets miscontrued or this top player said this. Some Kid in another forum here ranoff the Arcade Relief story, word for word copied from like Louiscipher made waves with his passion, without knowing the whole story (he left out all the mad by the owner to police and not just the time issue and players, & RayRamos is tight, so that's not the whole story) and we've never seen him in this forum. Like out of state players, farther than Renic or I walked there, 2 hours, cuz Dander possible but hard to understand, saw 2 car accidents on the way, I don't want to talk about it... again.

vandark, you should hear a cool pherai story from me one day then. Add it to all your history. I'll probably remember it closer to EVO time and just retell it to the forum when I'm probably going to re-tell some more anyway. Its not the glory hole one though, that one's too legendary. You probably know more about that than me.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,887 mod
    this is very cool!

If people are interested in translating, I can post up scans of the player interviews from the Coop Cup booklet (w/ Boss, SHO, Mester and Sugiyama)

<3 @vandarkholme
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    Do it Jon!!
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,887 mod
    Ok, I already had the Sugiyama one scanned on facebook so here it is...

7X0EoJy.jpg

Hope that is clear enough. FYI that picture is at Game Newton Ooyama.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • TartarusHugoTartarusHugo Tartarus from GGPO Joined: Posts: 54
    Can someone translate the one from Sugiyama?...Maybe aku can do this.
  • yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782
    Added tominaga's and URL to 3rd diary
    かかってきな。
  • M.D.StrangerM.D.Stranger Joined: Posts: 59
    Cause who fucking cares

I mean, it's not like non-japanese players are so good that they should be like idols or anything (except my lord and savior Pherai)

waiting for a kuroda and roshihikari interview ! Good shit Yuuki

....I-I care...
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,399
    Looks like Raoh and Rikimaru's answers are up.
    Looks like Raoh and Rikimaru's answers are up.

Yup. rikimarus is really good, he writes a whole lot more though haha.
    かかってきな。
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    I want so much to read Sugiyama speak about Necro, what he think about the character, matchups etc...
    ....I-I care...
    Yeah I actually care about some names: Yi, Pyro (US), Gunfight (France), PaulT, Hong (Australia/Hong Kong), DBKoopa (Korea)... :)

Rikimaru's one is pretty interesting haha.
  • DeemoDeemo Joined: Posts: 466
    Yeah I actually care about some names: Yi, Pyro (US), Gunfight (France), PaulT, Hong (Australia/Hong Kong), DBKoopa (Korea)... :)

Rikimaru's one is pretty interesting haha.

Pretty sure we could arrange this
  • WombleWomble Joined: Posts: 632
    Lol, Rikimaru seems pretty cool.
    Rikimaru is a lovely bastard.
    I loved the section on how Rikimaru had MOV as his teacher.
    Yo aku thanks for translating it. Just to help out I think some of it though was different like rikimaru said men harassment instead of mental and said boss is a sloppy player not crude? I dunno this was yesterday I was reading his answers though. I'm pretty sure there's things I didn't translate well so please correct me as well.
    かかってきな。
    Yo aku thanks for translating it. Just to help out I think some of it though was different like rikimaru said men harassment instead of mental and said boss is a sloppy player not crude? I dunno this was yesterday I was reading his answers though. I'm pretty sure there's things I didn't translate well so please correct me as well.

- He said メンヘラ, which I see used a lot in cases of mental illnesses.
    - Yeah, "sloppy" would be better used in this case of 雑.

Thanks for the proofread.
  • DeemoDeemo Joined: Posts: 466
    Wait so in 2006 he started playing 3rd Strike and then in 2007 he OCV'd KO, BOSS and MOV?? or did i misread something?

Also is the BBK thing an inside joke? i saw a few tournaments where people were signed up as 'BBK's Wife' and 'BBK's Son'
    Wait so in 2006 he started playing 3rd Strike and then in 2007 he OCV'd KO, BOSS and MOV?? or did i misread something?

MOV was his teacher for a year, and yes he OCVed KO, Boss and MOV. He's gotten insanely better since then, to where he solidly took down Kuroda the year after.
    Also is the BBK thing an inside joke? i saw a few tournaments where people were signed up as 'BBK's Wife' and 'BBK's Son'

I'm not sure either, which is why I got confused when translating that part. It could be an inside joke?
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    It's definitely a joke. Bbk is like 25ish and not the kind of guy to have 5 kids lol. Seems like a successful, and responsible office man.
    We need more of these questionnaires...

My wishlist:
    Yakkun
    Ochibi
    Nitto
    YSB
    Hayao
    Mimora
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    So I guess 5股 in this context means he has like 5 girlfriends simultaneously. It's slang and not appropriate, so must be some kind of inside joke.
    Fixed. Thanks again to Yuuki and ryan for the proofread and clear up.
    They added lots of new ones: Atsushi, Seikun, Nakumura, Iyan.
    They added lots of new ones: Atsushi, Seikun, Nakumura, Iyan.

Didn't realize iyan and nakamura filled them out already. I'll get back on it tonight or tomorrow. thanks for the heads up.
    かかってきな。
  • Jul1anJul1an makotokyo Joined: Posts: 43
    itachi is makotos double, pretty sure it stands for 1 touch kill.
    I'll try to do Raoh's later tonight. Another old-school head in the 3S scene, not to mention he has two infamous moments: accidentally pushing start against Hungbee at Evo, and losing to Justin Wong his first serious year of 3S at Evo.
  • wargreymonwargreymon Joined: Posts: 197
    Any updates on translations for other players?
    wargreymon wrote: »
    Any updates on translations for other players?

I'll try to start one during Saturday before evening. Been busy working lately.
    sorry been lagging. I'll get on it too.
    かかってきな。