New character on the horizon: Squigly!

Comments

• BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab Bison Joined: Posts: 138
    I've seen more pictures of Squigly and I've noticed that her mouth is stitched shut.

Unless Leviathan can speak for her it'll be interesting to see how she 'speaks'.
    Alex gave some explanation the first donation drive that made him sound like he was high or something.
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Going to Mai Tournament Joined: Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    Now this character REALLY piques my interest. Can't wait to see what is in store for Squigly - very unique. Very nice!
    https://twitter.com/Great_Dark_Hero http://ask.fm/Great_Dark_Hero
    [KOFXIII]: Mai / Hwa / Takuma [Subs]: Terry, Beni, Iori, Leona
    [TTT2]: Armor King / Jaycee [Subs]: Michelle, Heihachi, Bruce
    [DOA5U]: Mila [Subs]: Pai, Helena, Nyotengu
    If you're learning about KOFXIII, please click on my FAQS here
    If you're learning how to play Mai Shiranui (or the Mai match up) on KOFXIII, start here

• Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Yeah the character has that Tim Burton Vibe

I like it
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,222
    He definitely did not imply that we're getting Squigly, or a completion date, for Squigly, in any way. He told us to "stay tuned" for a reason, so maybe let's just stay tuned instead of speculating.
    Come on guy. I've been following this thing since, like, 2010. I know what the deal is.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
  • stealthxstealthx Large Houblon Collider Joined: Posts: 8
    They said that they recorded some vs quotes for her with Fortune. Hoping one of them is gonna be "Squigly justice tackle!"

Other info (that may also be outdated): She used to be an opera singer, she comes from the Dragon Kingdom (basically Skullgirls China) but is half-Italian (or the SG equivalent), and her real name is Sienna Ci-Shan Contiello.

I do wonder what Mike's "stay tuned" means, I haven't heard anything about funding but I would guess that they'd have to wait until the PC version is out because they'd have to test her for all 3 systems. If they got some seed money I guess they could do it at the same time as the PC version because PC will just use programmers and Squigly will employ mainly artists (though I guess she would need some programming after they'd done all the animations, to make her work). It'd be good for them to get her out in time for PC release so the PC people can buy her straight off. Though obviously correct me if I'm wrong on any of this stuff, I am not a game developer etc etc. Another thing to think about is if they'll be able to get Mariel back to work on her because she's gonna be working on Cryamore for the foreseeable future right? And it wouldn't be Skullgirls without her input.
    SF4AE: Chun-Li/Juri | Skullgirls: Painwheel/Ms Fortune/hopefully Squigly | Blazblue: Platinum
    PSN: stealthygeist
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    I hope I either completely hate her playstyle or everyone is lying
    I'm way too hipster to play a char that everybody else is running :(
    Why.
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    They need to buff her boobs. This is skullgirls after all.

In all seriousness, I am very excited for someone new on the roster.

She has hips and dat @$$ to compensate.
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    I really like her silhouette.
    I'm glad she maintains it during her walk anim.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • KristophKristoph sing my lullaby Joined: Posts: 425
    Come on guy. I've been following this thing since, like 2010. I know what the deal is.
    that was when they actually had money
    skullheart.com for skullgirls stuff
    that was when they actually had money
    I've experienced all the delays and bad luck and unfortunate premature-announcements. I know how to be patient.
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    She has hips and dat @$$ to compensate.
    She always seemed to have, but in the actual ingame footage it looks more like she has normal-sized hips/butt and is EXTREMELY monsterthin everywhere else. If you just compare her to the Filia model, their hips are about the same width.
    Maybe increase her size a bit to get more sexies.. then again I'm not sure whether I want gameplay changes for the sake of smexier visuals :b

P.S. http://www.8bitspit.com/2012/04/skullgirls-sold-50k-copies-look-at.html the so-far released Squigly info
    The move pictures are very fancy.
    Umbrella is most likely the next one to be worked.
    Ye, Umbrella was originally planned to be the 2nd DLC char.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, let them release the first one before we get antsy for the second :3

P.S. Squigly will be paid DLC
    Ohello XBox
    Calling next fiasco
    Why.
  • Chrono_TataChrono_Tata Joined: Posts: 12
    I do wonder what Mike's "stay tuned" means, I haven't heard anything about funding but I would guess that they'd have to wait until the PC version is out because they'd have to test her for all 3 systems. If they got some seed money I guess they could do it at the same time as the PC version because PC will just use programmers and Squigly will employ mainly artists (though I guess she would need some programming after they'd done all the animations, to make her work). It'd be good for them to get her out in time for PC release so the PC people can buy her straight off. Though obviously correct me if I'm wrong on any of this stuff, I am not a game developer etc etc. Another thing to think about is if they'll be able to get Mariel back to work on her because she's gonna be working on Cryamore for the foreseeable future right? And it wouldn't be Skullgirls without her input.
    I think it's been heavily implied throughout the stream that they will be doing a kickstarter or some other fundraising to fund the development of a DLC character. Mike Z even said something along the line of "I know all your wallets are bleeding right now but you should heal it in the next few weeks". I think the announcement in the next couple of weeks will be that they will be starting a fundraiser to raise the money to start Squigly's development.
  • stealthxstealthx Large Houblon Collider Joined: Posts: 8
    I think it's been heavily implied throughout the stream that they will be doing a kickstarter or some other fundraising to fund the development of a DLC character. Mike Z even said something along the line of "I know all your wallets are bleeding right now but you should heal it in the next few weeks". I think the announcement in the next couple of weeks will be that they will be starting a fundraiser to raise the money to start Squigly's development.

I guess since we've proven we can raise almost 100k, and Squigly is partially done so we won't have to raise the full 200k, it's feasible for them to try it out now. I don't know if people will want to contribute that much if it's not for charity or Evo though. I guess you could counteract that with some incentives, but IDK if the VAs will be happy/able to work as hard for a for-profit thing. Well, unless they're promised her role of course XD And if the Kickstarter goes successfully, it could get other companies to invest in Lab Zero for more characters- though of course they might also say "Why should we give you money? You can raise it yourselves". Haha sorry just being overly cautious cause I don't want to raise my hopes and get disappointed.
    SF4AE: Chun-Li/Juri | Skullgirls: Painwheel/Ms Fortune/hopefully Squigly | Blazblue: Platinum
    PSN: stealthygeist
    Could be. The announcement could also be that the amount of people willing to support skullgirls has gotten them some funding person. We'll find out soon enough. I just would like to know what kind of attacks Squigly has. What kind of motions for her specials, I wonder? How many specials? How many supers?
  • Chrono_TataChrono_Tata Joined: Posts: 12
    I guess since we've proven we can raise almost 100k, and Squigly is partially done so we won't have to raise the full 200k, it's feasible for them to try it out now. I don't know if people will want to contribute that much if it's not for charity or Evo though. I guess you could counteract that with some incentives, but IDK if the VAs will be happy/able to work as hard for a for-profit thing. Well, unless they're promised her role of course XD And if the Kickstarter goes successfully, it could get other companies to invest in Lab Zero for more characters- though of course they might also say "Why should we give you money? You can raise it yourselves". Haha sorry just being overly cautious cause I don't want to raise my hopes and get disappointed.
    Lol I can see what you mean. But yeah, I think if it is a kickstarter, they will have the usual incentive like "donate $10 and receive the Squigly DLC as soon as it is released" or "donate $1000 and get to decide Squigly's win quote" and such. Now that the SG community has shown we are willing to put our money where our mouth is, the prospect of crowd funding is probably looking quite good for Lab Zero.
  • The MartianThe Martian Arcana of The Zoner! Joined: Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that forward walk so goddamn fucking much. It makes me want to die.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    She always seemed to have, but in the actual ingame footage it looks more like she has normal-sized hips/butt and is EXTREMELY monsterthin everywhere else. If you just compare her to the Filia model, their hips are about the same width.
    Maybe increase her size a bit to get more sexies.. then again I'm not sure whether I want gameplay changes for the sake of smexier visuals :b

P.S. http://www.8bitspit.com/2012/04/skullgirls-sold-50k-copies-look-at.html the so-far released Squigly info
    The move pictures are very fancy.
    Squigs is fine. Filia practically faces the screen while Squigly is more turned so you just cant see all of her wonderful curves. If a view of Squigly's hips from an angle makes them look the same sizes as Filia's (head on) then Squig's hips are bigger.
    Can't we just all agree that Valentine will always take the cake in terms of the sexyness?

...Parasoul and Squigly being close second. :coffee:

My Tumblr.
    Can't we just all agree that Cerebella will always take the cake in terms of the sexyness?

...Valentine, Parasoul and Squigly being close second. :coffee:
    fixed.
    Oh yes. Just because she has Jupiter tits doesn't make her the sexiest.

My Tumblr.
    The Nurse Fetish thing does not automatically grant her the #1 spot either

You all are underestimating the appeals of Peacock 8-) she has a cool hat
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    It was to my understanding that Peacock is like...10. :rofl:

My Tumblr.
    A Cat is fine too... if you catch my drift
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    Filia is the most adorable though...Dem thighs~

Squigly sounds like she is going to be one fun character. I was never good at stance changing characters, but I'm really interested in trying her out and seeing her true potential. Probably going to put her on a team with Filia, Head Parasites :3

Now lets just hope Umbrella, PanzerFaust, Big Band and Black Dahila follow in her wake....we can just hope lol
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kooky-TimeKooky-Time In love with Cr.MK Joined: Posts: 263
    Filia is the most adorable though...Dem thighs~

BIG BOOTY B*TCHES OOH OOH!

And children... Children.. Those selection of women doesn't come close to THE Mrs.Victoria. It's like she's built for f*cking.

Ok, I'm done. *Woosh*

Edit: She's MARRIED!? Who the lucky feller??
    "My thoughts on using Disc Locked Characters online is..... Fuck Em After the way corporate money ruined this game I could care less what MS, Sony, Capcom, Namco, or Willy motherfucking Wonka have to say. Get your pirate on." - YungKratos

"What now haters?" - PinkiePie
  • D_WD_W Disemboded Dave Joined: Posts: 106
    Edit: She's MARRIED!? Who the lucky feller??
    Stanley Whitefin.
    My Variety Gaming Youtube Channel

PSN name = Rouge_Waveform
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Archive of my embarrassing speech and the Squigs peek:
    http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/c/1887645

(Also, this doesn't imply anything about her currently...this was simply the best thank-you we could give to SG fans for the AMAZING $78,000 donated to SG@Evo.)

-Mike_Z's post on Dustloop
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Possibly DohnutPossibly Dohnut Joined: Posts: 68
    Bah, Dr. Avian is by far the sexiest! Anyway, I'm curious to see how her divekick works considering it was compared to Belial Edge.
    XBL: Dohnut Man Trav
    I think it's clear that we also need a thread to discuss the sexiness of the cast.

My Tumblr.
    Leduc > Everyone else

IT'S LIKE I'M WEARING NOTHING AT ALL!
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

• Skyking_jSkyking_j Nami! Onepiece! Oda! Joined: Posts: 178
    Did Alex Ahad say anything about Squiggly having Ultimate Leviathan?
    ...If you haven't noticed I'm a One piece fan.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    New colors on the right.
    BCDaFOeCAAEe2OG.png:large

My Tumblr.
  • Hot PantsHot Pants Bring Back SonSon! Joined: Posts: 527
    I love Rogue in MvC2 so I've been waiting for a dick kick character.
    Hope she has a command throw too. :3

Not crazy about her character design but looking forward to her.
    Nova/Dormammu/Strider
    I love Rogue in MvC2 so I've been waiting for a dick kick character.
    Hope she has a command throw too. :3

Not crazy about her character design but looking forward to her.
    ....did you really mean dick kick?

I'd assume you meant dive kick, but.....
    They should give her Zone-tan colors:
    Spoiler:

Okay, no more Zone references after this...
    STOMP!
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....did you really mean dick kick?

I'd assume you meant dive kick, but.....

I'd like a character whose playstyle revolved around dick kicks.
    I'd like a character whose playstyle revolved around dick kicks.
    What are we... Soulcalibur now? :-P
    Maybe she could have Johnny Cage's splits?
    STOMP!
  • KawalornKawalorn Joined: Posts: 70
    Spoiler:

I always liked the idea of her lvl 3 with Leviatan coming out of her head, Squigly becoming more zombie like (even her forward walk resembeling that of kyonshi [read: that thing Hsien-Ko is])) and gaining quite an unpredictable fighting style. Of course mainly because that would probably look amazing.
  • D_WD_W Disemboded Dave Joined: Posts: 106
    I like how people are already talking about possible alternate colors. Personally I'd like to see a Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas color.
    My Variety Gaming Youtube Channel

PSN name = Rouge_Waveform
    Filia used to have a "Ultimate Samson" Transformation thing, but you never know.
    I like how people are already talking about possible alternate colors. Personally I'd like to see a Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas color.
    Spoiler:
    We've seen Zone tan, but it's difficult to tell which color Leviathan should be on that color cause the tentacles in her pictures are always different colors. Also, lei-lei.... either that color or her black and red one. The Mei-Ling, if they don't want 2 references to the same color.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 504 ✭✭
    Personally I'd like to see a Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas color.
    God yes!
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    I wanna see a Morticia Addams color

EDIT: also, I kinda hope she has a floaty dash as a reference to her unfinished state.
    I wanna see a Morticia Addams color

EDIT: also, I kinda hope she has a floaty dash as a reference to her unfinished state.
    Her unfinished dash makes me want her to have some sort of spin hop as her dash. Sort of like Parasoul's dash, but with a little flair to it.

• QohelethQoheleth Absolute Beginner Joined: Posts: 45
    Filia used to have a "Ultimate Samson" Transformation thing, but you never know.
    IIRC, Alex's original ideas called for every character to have a super mode. The fact that this hasn't survived into the game as implemented implies to me that Squigly isn't getting one either.

A super where we briefly see Ultimate Leviathan, though (a la Argus Agony Peacock)? That, I wouldn't be surprised about.
    Twenty years from now, fifty, a hundred, nobody will remember what games we played, or who won or lost.
    But that's okay.
    Ain't nothing under the sun that lives forever.
    HebelHebelim on Twitch and PSN
    I'm hoping she's got some good moves for assists; I could use a concrete third spot.
  • AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 54
    (Also, this doesn't imply anything about her currently...this was simply the best thank-you we could give to SG fans for the AMAZING $78,000 donated to SG@Evo.)
    What Mike said on Dustloop. The info we're getting in a few weeks is probably going to be confirmation on if they're going to actually finish her or not.
  • Ufinna-git-karate'dUfinna-git-karate'd Are you okay? Joined: Posts: 360
    God I love Squiggly.
    Where does Squall keep his Gunblade when he isn't using it????
    What Mike said on Dustloop. The info we're getting in a few weeks is probably going to be confirmation on if they're going to actually finish her or not.
    Yeah, might as well stay cautiously optimistic at this point.