Hello everyone! Ayla's Hero here to get people in for our next 1v1 tournament this Friday!
Registration for the tournament starts at 5:30 PM CENTRAL TIME. Please consult the internet for this time in your time zone.
To register, you must be in our tournament chat room before 6:00 PM CENTRAL TIME. A link to the tournament chat is on our Tournaments Page
Please be there on time, or I cannot guarantee you a place in the tournament.
This is a double elimination tournament, meaning if you do not win in the first round you will move on to a loser's bracket and still have a shot at winning the tournament!
- Hazards Off
- Items Off
- Stocks: 3
- If matches go into overtime by trading your final stocks, you will play in overtime.
- All sets with the exception of winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (The “Finals” matches are played as Best of 5).
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling. Decisions on stalling shall be made by referees of the event. All referee decisions are final.)
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing ends in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
(If this happens as a result of a glitch, if possible, take a screenshot or video of said glitch and file a report to a staff member, who will decide the best course of action to take.)
All first matches of a set must be played on one of these stages.
- Practice Stage Medium 1
- San Francisco
These stages may be chosen after the first match of a set.
- Practice Medium 2
Consensual Couterpick List:
In an effort to test more stages and to allow more stages to be used for those who think the stage list is too conservative, Pasta Stadium Leagues has a consensual counterpick list. When choosing a counterpick in a match, if both players mutually agree to fight on these stages, they may be played on.
- Alden’s Tower
- Black Rock Stadium
- Practice Large 1
- Practice Small 1
- Practice Small 2
- Time Station
These stages may not be used in ANY stage of the tournaments.
- Practice Large 2
- Sandover Village
How To Play A Set:
- Players decide who will host. If they cannot mutually agree, it is decided with by a referee.
- Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind Pick*.
- Use Stage Striking** or come to a mutual agreement to determine the first stage.
- The players play the first match of the set.
- The winning player of the previous match may pick a stage to ban.
- The losing player of the previous match picks the stage for the next match
- The winning player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
- The losing player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
- The next match is played.
- Repeat Steps 4-8 as needed.
NOTE: If a player has previously won on a stage, they cannot choose to play on the same stage again. However, the loser may elect to play on the same stage.***
Glitches and infinites are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in a loss of a match, set, or even disqualification depending on a referee’s call.
These would include: Rachet’s Infinite Grab, The PaRappa Infinite Tech and The Toro Stall.
(The Toro Stall is using Toro's Neutral Circle to gain AP outside of the screen.) If you have a glitch or exploit occur mid game, please stop playing and contact a referee immediately.
*This allows players to pick characters without the opponent knowing which character you are playing, for the simple reason of avoiding character counterpicking in the first match. This is solved by letting a referee know which character each person is using in private.**Stage striking works by selecting which stages you do NOT want to play on in the first match of a set until you have one stage left. That last stage left will be the one used in the first match.***Ex: Player 1 wins the first match on Practice Medium 1. Player 2 wins the second match. Player 1 cannot pick Practice Medium 1 for the match of the set. However, Player 2 CAN pick Practice Medium 1.