I'll try to explain the issue as quickly as possible:
- Rose is my main and has been since I started the game, but I've recently tried to pick up most rushdown oriented characters, like Rufus and Yun
- Rose is not execution heavy and has many cancelable normals, which means that you often don't need to care about if a particular normal is crouching or standing (eg, J.HP, C.HP -> Spiral and JP/S.HP -> Spiral both work)
- Unfortunately, this has meant that I often mess up combos that require a standing normal vs. a crouching one. For example, with Rufus, I often end up getting a C.HP when I want a S.HP, which causes me to drop the combo. The problem is that I am starting the motion for his Galatic Tornado too early, which causes me to get C.HP
- I run into the same problem with Yun when trying to do his BnB. I end up getting C.MP instead of S.MP because I do the motion for his upkicks too early
- Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of this tendency? Should I just do endless drills in training mode until the right timing is automatic?