Hello everyone! Ayla's Hero here to get people in for our next 2v2 tournament!
It'll be Feb 2nd at 6PM CENTRAL TIME so be sure to be there on time!
Here are the rules:
- Hazards Off
- Items Off
- Stocks: 4
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches).
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling. Decisions on stalling shall be made by referees of the event. All referee decisions are final.)
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing ends in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
- Practice Stage Medium 1
- San Francisco
- Black Rock Stadium
- Practice Large 1
- Practice Medium 2
Consensual Couterpick List:
In an effort to test more stages and to allow more stages to be used for those who think the stage list is too conservative, Pasta Stadium Leagues has a consensual counterpick list. When choosing a counterpick in a match, if both players mutually agree to fight on these stages, they may be played on.
- Alden's Tower
- Time Station
- Practice Large 2
- Sandover Village
How To Play A Set:
- Players decide who will host. If they cannot mutually agree, it is decided with by a referee.
- Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind Pick*.
- Use Stage Striking** or come to a mutual agreement to determine the first stage.
- They players play the first match of the set.
- The winning player of the proceeding match picks a stage to ban as a counterpick.
- The losing player of the preceding match picks the stage for the next match
- The winning player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
- The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
- The next match is played.
- Steps 4-8 as needed.
NOTE: No stage that has already been played in a round may be picked twice by the winner of a match in the same set.
Glitches and infinites are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in a loss of a match, set, or even disqualification depending on a referee's call. These would include Rachet’s Infinite Grab, The Toro Stall, is banned to gain ap outside of the map’s screen, the Toro Infinite and the "Doombawkz Glitch". If you have a glitch or exploit occur mid game, please stop playing and contact a referee immediately.
*This allows players to pick characters without the opponent knowing which on is, for the simple reason of avoiding character counterpicking in the first match. This is solved my letting a refferee know which character each person is using in private.
**Stage striking works by selecting which stages you will NOT want to play on in the first match of a set until you have one stage left. That last stage left will be the one used in the first match
***Ex: Player 1 wins the first match on Practice Medium 1. Player 2 wins the second match. Player 1 cannot pick Practice Medium 1 for the match of the set. This is to avoid any kind of advantage. There is an exception for the losing player. The losing player can choose to play on the map that they previously lost on.